Pokémon Zygarde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Zygarde intending to sweep with either Coil or DDance really can't spare a third attack slot for Rest. Recovery and alleviating status is nice but you'll be surprised how often just two moves can't get the job done. Coil/EQ/SE/ESpeed has remained his most successful set in my experience with either Lum or Leftovers.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Any Zygarde intending to sweep with either Coil or DDance really can't spare a third attack slot for Rest. Recovery and alleviating status is nice but you'll be surprised how often just two moves can't get the job done. Coil/EQ/SE/ESpeed has remained his most successful set in my experience with either Lum or Leftovers.
On the DD set it will need either Lum or leftovers, especially with all the burns running around now, but on the Coil set (which is more about staying power), Lum is the better option because if you already have a couple Coils, you can use a combo of EQ/SE and ES do take them out as their status user attempts to status you and it fails due to Lum. Leftovers are viable, but you need to be facing a team that you can either take out their status inflictor, or face a team without one.

As far as Wi-Fi battles go I've ran a ChestoRest with great results.
I honestly think Z suffers from 4MS and doesn't need to be compared to other Offensive dragon/ground types
he has his own clear niche

Zygarde(Drahexagon)@ Chesto Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / ??Atk / ??SpD(don't recall my exact spread)
+Spd/-SpA Nature
- Coil
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/Stone Edge

there have been instances where i've had to rest after a chesto/knock off but Zygarde is a honey badger after a # of coils
he gives no Fawk

As far as Wi-Fi battles go I've ran a ChestoRest with great results.
I honestly think Z suffers from 4MS and doesn't need to be compared to other Offensive dragon/ground types
he has his own clear niche

Zygarde(Drahexagon)@ Chesto Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / ??Atk / ??SpD(don't recall my exact spread)
+Spd/-SpA Nature
- Coil
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/Stone Edge

there have been instances where i've had to rest after a chesto/knock off but Zygarde is a honey badger after a # of coils
he gives no Fawk

The last thing Zygarde has is 4 move slot syndrome. Also Togekiss laughs at that set, even with stone edge.

Does standard Coil run 0Atk? I thought it ran 252HP/252Atk?
I run 252 HP / 252 Sp Defense / 4 Attack Careful just so I can tank a special hit if I'm forced to.
+1 4 Atk Zygarde Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 226-266 (60.4 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (other calc was Adamant)

Full investment hits quite a bit harder
+1 252+ Atk Zygarde Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 312-368 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It really just boils down to preference, I guess. I do appreciate the extra bulk since I use Leftovers, but if you go with Lum Berry hitting harder would be better, since you can't take quite as many hits without the recovery.

I think the only problem with Zyguardian is that his movepool is currently low in terms of the variety. However, have 2 boosting moves like does and good stat spread currently make up that (that being it uses at least EQ and ES on every set). If/When Pogeymunsters Zee comes out and it has move tutors that could only go to help Zyg but offensively and defensively. But i would never say its 4MSS...

On a side note, despite them having different roles, i still feel sorry for Flygon that it gets f****d in not getting good boosting moves (like Zyg) or better stats with its typing (like Chomp).

Oh DANG IT, My 2 week-long draft is gone ;__;, sigh, oh well...

Work in Progress

List of Sets:
Popular?
Offensive/Defensive? Coil Set
Dragon Dance Set
Coil Dance Set
Rest Talk
Mono-Attacker/Phazer
Camouflage + Attacks

Other Sets:
Para-Shuffler
Coil + Glare
(I hope I did not forget any Sets from before)

Keep in mind that I will be thorough in this post and I will probably update it ever now and then.

Warning!: long read ahead.

First, some Stats:
Speed Stats (should I list (the opponent's) Neutral or Positive Bases first?):
Uninvested Speed: 226
At +0: Outspeeds Positive Base 53s and Neutral Base 63s
At +1: Ties with Positive Base 105s and Neutral Base 120s
At +2: Ties with Unboosted Positive Base 156s and Outspeeds Unboosted Neutral Base 176s, Outspeeds +1 Positive Base 87s and +1 Neutral Base 101s
At +3: Outspeeds all Unboosted Pokemon, Outspeeds +1 Positive Base 122s and +1 Neutral Base 139s
At +4: Blah Blah, Only +1 Ninjask and Deoxys-Speed can Outspeed You (do you want me to include +2 Pokemon? only way an Opponent can get to that on an already Set-up Zygarde is Sash + Unburden, and still then, You got Extremespeed...)

Neutral Max Speed: 289
At +0: Ties with Positive Base 82s
At +1: Outspeeds Positive Base 147s and all Neutral Pokemon except Deoxys-Speed
At +2: Outspeeds all Unboosted Pokemon, Outspeed +1 Positive Base 125s and +1 Neutral Base 143s
At +3: Outspeed all +1 Pokemon except Positive Deoxys-Speed

Positive Max Speed: 317
At +0: Ties with Neutral Base 109s
At +1: Outspeeds all Unboosted pokemon except Positive Deoxys-Speed
At +2: Outspeeds +1 Positive Base 143s and all +1 Neutral pokemon except Deoxys-Speed
At +3: Outspeeds all +1 Pokemon

Of course, you can move some Speed EVs to other stats, this just shows you Zygarde's Limits

Coil Zygarde VS. Weakness Policy Multiscale Dragon Dance Dragonite Report (I am gonna hate retyping this... also Leftovers help):
I may have forgotten some parts from the previous draft, so sorry.
Facing Dragonite with No Prior Coils Section (Maybe you both lead with the above Dragons?):
Well the idea here was to boost with Dragonite, so lets see where it goes. OK, Basically, you need 2 Coils to KO (non-Bulky) Dragonite with Stone Edge and Extremespeed. however, trying to get those 2 Coils can be difficult if your opponent's smart. You can survive a jolly Dragonite's Dragon Claws if it does not try to boost (provided you Coiled immediately...Dang, forgot about Extremespeed, jolly could beat you, and actually, I forgot WP activating before he hits you, so he probably WILL KO you when you attack, although you could Extremespeed then Stone Edge, given that you Coiled before he Dragon Danced, you should attack with Extremespeed after you Coiled once and Dragonite did not boosted, one Coil's enough for an unboosted Dragonite), but outrages and adamant Dragon Claws can KO you before you can KO back (Try to figure out lowest percentage adamant Dragon Claw does and the highest percentage Jolly Dragon Claw does). If Dragonite Dragon Dances and attacks the second turn, you have a chance of survive a Jolly Dragon Claw (figure out the percentages for your EV spread), but no (or very little) chance of surviving an Adamant Dragon Claw. If you managed to get 2 Coil and have full HP (you're probably gonna need full HP), all that's left is to survive an Outrage (doable VS. Jolly, A bit harder (60% KO?) VS. Adamant) or Survive a Dragon Claw + possible Extremespeed (Guarantee? surviving a Jolly, Respectable chance VS. Adamant). just a note, I did not take Spikes (Stealth Rocks are probably negated by the Leftovers anyway) Hazard into consideration, so you may lose in some supposed win Situation. Ah yes, Scarfed Dragonites can KO you, but I think you will realize a Dragonite is scarfed before it KOs you and beside, We are talking about Weakness Policy Nite (still, keep Scarves in mind).

Now we are going to Talk about BulkyNites, Which were the worst kind during my previous draft (;_;), probably cause they have an one extra turn to harass Zygarde, speaking of which, Zygarde needs 3 Coils to KO BulkyNite. I thought Zygarde could still outspeed a +1 Uninvested Dragonite, but I can't reproduce those results; however, you could still outrun +1 BulkyNite, but you would need to be Jolly-Natured and We were already strapped for EVs dealing with Non-BulkyNite (maybe I am making Zygarde do too much?). Unfortunately, BulkyNite could sacrifice some EVs to boost it's speed enough to outrun Zygarde after a Dragon Dance, which only the evilest people in the world no one does (this line was probably better in the first draft... ok, enough moping!). If BulkyNite does not Boost on the first turn (for whatever reason) or you have more Boosts than Dragonite, you could Extremespeed then Stone Edge at +2 to KO without Activating Weakness Policy. Basically, BulkyNite is more of a Pain for Zygarde to deal with (thankfully, less people use it...for now. D: ). also... argg, something about a slower Bulkynite roosting after you Stone Edge, you should Stone Edge again cause you would KO it before it attacks, but you should not Stone Edge against a slower Weakness Policy Dragonite cause it may attack instead (unless you could survive a +2/3 attack), this was something in the previous draft, but now I don't know if it still applies! so It is probably better to NOT Stone Edge a full Health Slower Dragonite (oh, I think it was actually a faster Dragonite roosting after you Stone Edge, in which Roost does not re-activate Scales and you could KO with Stone Edge. but what's stopping a smart Player from just attacking instead, so I don't even know anymore....).

You are probably wondering about the "Magic Number" for Zygarde VS. Dragonite, so here they are. Zygarde need 283 Attack to KO Dragonite (88 EVs when Adamant, 188 EVs When Jolly/Etc) and 285 Speed to outrun Unboosted Jolly Dragonite (136 EVs when Jolly, 236 EVs when Adamant). If you want to outspeed Mega Gyarados, You should run a Jolly Nature with 144 Speed EVs, to have the most spare EVs to put into bulk (You should only use an Adamant Nature if you plan on having more than 299 Attack Points). You will have 184 Remaining EVs (176 EVs if outspeeding Mega Gyarados) to put into Bulk. You can put 44/108/172 EVs into HP to get 23/24/25 HP Recovery from Leftovers and the rest into Physical or Special Defense for added Bulk (Just remember to try to minimize Damage from Outrage!). You will need to run 176 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature to outspeed +1 BulkyNite (you could Coil twice before BulkyNite attacks at +1 then Extremespeed>Stone Edge for the KO, but Bulkynite still has a slight chance of 2HKOing You, and if it Dragon Dances a second time and then attacks, Zygarde loses), but I think Adamant Zygarde still has a fair shot at KOing... BulkyNite is not that Common to encounter.

Facing Dragonite with Prior Boosts Section:
Well, in my opinion, facing Dragonite without Prior Coils is a very big gamble (basically, praying your opponent does not attack too early and flat out improbable if the opponent knows what to do to Zygarde from reading this post (you monsters).), however if Zygarde has more Boosts than Dragonite (maybe the Opponent switches in Dragonite to hopefully Check Zygarde), then Zygarde has a much easier time defeating Dragonite. You could try an Extremespeed>Stone Edge combos after one Coil, but if Dragonite has Outrage, you have a very slim chance surviving, plus BulkyNite don't get KOed anyway, so it is safer to just Coil a 2nd time (actually, if the opponent just uses Outrage on it's first turn in, it has a good chance of KOing Zygarde, but you could just switch out to something that can deal with an outraging Dragonite). After the 2nd Coil, go for the KO (actually Extremespeed>Stone Edge is starting to sound better than Stone Edge>Extremespeed, maybe I should test this more. you could Coil a 3rd time, but +1 Adamant Dragonite still has a chance of 2HKOing Zygarde, so just go with the certain +2 Attack).

What About just Plain Bulky Zygarde (since Dragonite will probably outspeed at +1)? Well, without enough Speed, Zygarde may take a hit before he can Coil, taking at least 50% from Adamant Dragon Claw (While having 401 HP and 339 Defense), Making it Impossible to Boost enough to defeat Dragonite (maybe Rest could help, but then Dragonite could just Boost while you're Asleep). You would have a better chance with a Prior Coil, you can Survive any +0 and +1 Dragon Claws (but not Outrages nor Ice Punches), Boost to +3 and KO with whatever Move Combo (this was a last minute addition).

So there you have it. Of course, Dragonites when a little bit of Defense investment can survive some to any attacks, but It may not catch on/not worth it just to survive Zygarde. Special Dragonites, using Draco Meteor or Blizzard, can put massive hurt on Zygarde (although Zygarde can survive an Uninvested Draco Meteor). Ice Punch can't OHKO a Bulky Zygarde, but have a good chance of 2HKOing Zygarde (Depending if Dragonite is Adamant Natured). OK, Summary Time!
Summary:
Coil>Stone Edge>Extremespeed (If Dragonite Outspeeds Zygarde)
Coil>Extremespeed>Stone Edge (If Zygarde Outspeeds Dragonite)
2 Coils for Offensive Dragonite, 3 Coils for Bulkynite
No Prior Coil Boosts, Aggressive Opponent, Bulky Dragonite=Bad
Prior Boosts, Conservative Opponent, Offensive Dragonite=Good

Offensive Coil Set:
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Item: Leftovers / Yache Berry / Life Orb? / Expert Belt?
EVs Placements: Maximize Attack, then Increase Speed to outspeed Relevant Threats, and the rest in Bulk
Moves:
- Coil
- Extremespeed / Dragon Tail
- Earthquake / Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge / Dragon Tail

Pokemon that Resist two or more Attack and are Neutral to two more the rest (except for Shedinja)
Natural Resisters (dang it, this looks worse than my last draft, Wait, I remember the previous moveset for this set, maybe there's hope! I will put a * next to Pokemon that are weak to one of the above Moves to Crunch):
Breloom
Bronzong* (With Levitate. Walls every Move except Crunch)
Claydol* (With Levitate)
Ferrothorn
Flygon (With Levitate)
Gengar* (With Levitate)
Golurk*
Gourgeist*
Lunatone* (With Levitate)
Mismagius* (With Levitate)
Rotom-Normal* (With Levitate)
Shedinja* (It can wall you if you don't have Stone Edge nor Crunch)
Skarmory
Solrock* (With Levitate)
Torterra
Trevenant*
Virizion
Pokemon Holding an Air Balloon (has 3 Resists and no Weaknesses and not listed above)
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying (Yes, I know it's redundant) Steel Types
Aegislash*
Aggron
Bastiodon
Carbink
Golem
Probopass
Rhyperior
Terrakion

My Comments:
First Set I used with Zygarde. Sounds like a Standard from other people's opinions.

Pros over other Sets:
Has +2 Priority
After a Coil, It has 100% accurate QuakeEdge Combo, resisted by few pokemon (one move has a STAB Bonus)
After a Coil, Zygarde becomes very physically bulky, possibly being able to sweep.
With Dragon Tail, it can Phaze out any/many possible Phazers first (Zygarde's pretty fast for an uninvested Phazer), prolonging Zygarde's Boosted Rampage

Problems:
Is Vulnerable to Status and Leech Seed
Leftovers are the only source of Recovery
Zygarde can be outsped and possibly KOed by faster Threats (especially Special Attackers)

Other Options:
You run Crunch to Ghosts and Bronzong Super Effectively, and it has a chance of lowering the Enemy's Defense. You could run Substitute for a Protection against Status and Leech Seed, a sort of shield from weaker attacks and move that could OHKO Zygarde otherwise, and "Ease of prediction mumbo-jumbo", but that would hurt your move coverage.
----------------------------------
Defensive Coil Set: (Should this be a separate Set?)

Dragon Dance Set:
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Item: Leftovers / Yache Berry / Life Orb? / Expert Belt?
EVs Placements: Maximize Attack, then Boost Speed to outspeed Relevant Threats, and the rest into Bulk
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake / Dragon Tail?
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Outrage? / Crunch

My Comments:

Pros over other Sets:

Problems:
Before We discuss the next 2 Sets, Lets talk about how much coverage we get with two Moves:
So, You want to use just 2 Attacks? Here are the Pokemons that resist these Combinations:
First, the Selectable Moves I will test:
Earthquake
Rock Moves
Extremespeed
Crunch
Dragon Moves
Sludge Wave (Showdown says it's a viable Move, but...)

A "*" means this Type is not hit Super Effectively by the other Move (or should it be the other way around?).

Earthquake + Rock Move
Types hit Super Effectively:
Bug
Electric
Fire
Flying
Ice
Poison
Rock
Steel
Types that Resist one of the Moves:
Bug
Fighting*
Flying
Grass*
Ground*
Steel
Pokemon that Resist Both Moves:
Breloom
Bronzong (With Levitate)
Chesnaught
Claydol (With Levitate)
Flygon (With Levitate)
Torterra
Virizion
All Non-part Bug/Fire Fighting Types Holding an Air Balloon
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Ice Ground Types Holding an Air Balloon
All Steel Types Except Durant, Escavalier, Fortress, Genesect, Heatran, Scizor, and Wormadam-Trash Cloak Holding an Air Balloon
Earthquake + Extremespeed
Types hit Super Effectively
Electric
Fire
Poison
Rock
Steel
Types the Resist one of the Moves:
Bug*
Ghost*
Flying*
Grass*
Rock
Steel
Aerodactyl
Archeops
Bronzong (With Levitate)
Drifblim
Gengar (With Levitate)
Gourgeist
Lunatone (With Levitate)
Mismagius (With Levitate)
Rotom-Normal (With Levitate)
Shedinja (With Wonder Guard)
Skarmory
Solrock (With Levitate)
Trevenant
All Ghost/Rock/Steel Types Holding an Air Balloon
Earthquake + Crunch
Electric
Fire
Ghost
Poison
Psychic
Rock
Steel
Bug*
Dark*
Fairy*
Fighting*
Flying*
Grass*
Breloom
Cacturne
Chesnaught
Hawlucha
Heracross
Honchkrow
Hydreigon (With Levitate)
Mandibuzz
Shiftry
Togekiss
Virizion
Whimsicott
All Non-part Ghost/Psychic Dark Types Holding an Air Balloon
All Fairy Types Except Gardevoir and Mr. Mime Holding an Air Balloon
All Fighting Types Except Gallade and Medicham Holding an Air Balloon
Earthquake + Dragon Moves
Dragon
Electric
Fire
Poison
Rock
Steel
Bug*
Fairy*
Flying*
Grass*
Steel
Bronzong (With Levitate)
Skarmory
Togekiss
Whimsicott
All Fairy and Steel Types Holding an Air Balloon
Earthquake + Sludge Wave
Electric
Fairy
Fire
Grass
Poison
Rock
Steel
Bug*
Flying*
Ghost*
Grass
Ground*
Poison
Rock
Steel
Aerodactyl
Archeops
Brozong (With Levitate)
Claydol (With Levitate)
Crobat
Drifblim
Flygon (With Levitate)
Gengar (With Levitate)
Gliscor
Landorus-I/T
Lunatone (With Levitate)
Mismagius (With Levitate)
Rotom-Normal (With Levitate)
Shedinja (With Wonder Guard)
Skarmory
Solrock (With Levitate)
Weezing (With Levitate)
Wormadam-Sandy Cloak
All Ghost Except Gourgeist and Trevenant Holding an Air Balloon
All Ground Types Except Torterra Holding an Air Balloon
All Non-part Grass Poison Types Holding an Air Balloon
All Rock Types Except Carbink and Cradily Holding an Air Balloon
All Steel Type Holding an Air Balloon
Rock Moves + Extremespeed
Bug
Fire
Flying
Ice
Fighting*
Ghost*
Ground*
Rock*
Steel*
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying Fighting Types
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying/Ice Ground Types
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying Steel Types
Rock Moves + Crunch
Bug
Fire
Flying
Ghost
Ice
Psychic
Dark*
Fighting*
Ground*
Steel*
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying/Psychic Fighting Types
Bisharp
Klefki
Krookodile
Mawile
Rock Moves + Dragon Moves
Bug
Dragon
Fire
Flying
Ice
Fairy*
Fighting*
Ground*
Steel*
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying Steel Types (Kind in Mind this is for OU, thus no Dialga)
Rock Moves + Sludge Wave
Bug
Fairy
Fire
Flying
Grass
Ice
Fighting*
Ghost*
Ground*
Poison*
Rock*
Steel*
All Non-part Bug/Fire/Flying/Grass/Ice Ground Types
All non-part Bug/Fire/Flying Steel Types
Terrakion
Toxicroak
Extremespeed + Crunch
Ghost
Psychic
Dark*
Fairy*
Fighting*
Ghost
Rock*
Steel*
Bisharp
Cobalion
Kelfki
Lucario
Mawile
Terrakion
Tyranitar
Extremespeed + Dragon Moves
Dragon
Fairy*
Ghost*
Rock*
Steel*
All Steel Types
Carbink
Extremespeed + Sludge Wave
Fairy
Grass
Ghost*
Ground*
Poison*
Rock*
Steel*
All Ghost Types Except Gourgeist and Trevenant
All Rock Types Except Carbink and Cradily
All Steel Types
Crunch + Dragon Moves
Dragon
Ghost
Psychic
Dark*
Fairy*
Fighting*
Steel*
All Fairy Types Except Gardevoir and Mr. Mime
Bisharp
Cobalion
Lucario
Crunch + Sludge Wave
Fairy
Ghost
Grass
Psychic
Dark*
Fairy
Fighting*
Ghost*
Ground*
Poison*
Rock*
Steel*
Bisharp
Cobalion
Drapion
Klefki
Krookodile
Lucario
Mawile
Skuntank
Terrakion
Toxicroak
Tyranitar
Dragon Moves + Sludge Wave
Dragon
Fairy
Grass
Fairy
Ghost*
Ground*
Poison*
Rock*
Steel*
All Steel Types (Very Special Mentions goes to Klefki and Mawile)
Apparently, Crunch+Extremespeed and Crunch+Sludge don't have any General Group of Pokemon that Resist the Moves. My Personal Favorite is Crunch+Extremespeed Because It has Priority, Does Neutral Damage to those Blasted Fairies (Except Mawile, Klefki, and Carbink), hits most Levitators for at least Neutral Damage (Looking at you Bronzong), and Crunch might Lower the Opponent's Defense, Kind of Acting like a Self-Boosting Attack/Gift that keeps on giving. Also All those Resistors will probably not try switching in frequently for fear of an STAB Earthquake.
little Relic from the previous Draft (I don't know how I was wrong/did not include the Steel/Fairys):
This Set is not walled by those Blasted Fairy Types (Crap, Forgot About Carbink)... Well, at least not by any Popular Fairies.
.==^==
/ 0 n 0 \
|~~~~|
.\*__,_/ Sad Carbink Face + Crystals - The Fluffy Collar (smaller than before... oh well.)

Coil Dance Set:
Nature: ???
Item: ???
EVs Placements: ???
Moves:
- Coil
- Dragon Dance
- Attack Move 1
- Attack Move 2

My Comments:

Pros over other Sets:

Problems:
Rest Talk Set:
Nature:
Item:
EVs Placements:
Moves:
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Attack Move 1
- Attack Move 2

My Comments:

Pros over other Sets:

Problems:
Mono-Phazer/Attacker Set:
Nature:
Item:
EVs Placements:
Moves:
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Coil
- Dragon Tail /

My Comments:

Pros over other Sets:

Problems:
Camouflage + Attacks Set:
Nature:
Item:
EVs Placements:
Moves:
- Camouflage
- Extremespeed
-
-

My Comments:

Pros over other Sets:

Problems:

What does Zygarde Counter?
Poisons?

Electrics?

Fires?

Rocks?

Steels?

I just run mine as a Ttar counter on my sun team it runs coil, EQ, outrage, Espeed 252hp/252atk
teammates ninetails, Xzard, venasaur, manibuzz and sylveon

I just run mine as a Ttar counter on my sun team it runs coil, EQ, outrage, Espeed 252hp/252atk
teammates ninetails, Xzard, venasaur, manibuzz and sylveon
Outrage is an oddball for that set.

Coil is great as a boosting move but realize it boosts accuracy as well. Outrage causes confusion which can hurt him in the long run on a defensive set like that. I'd recommend either Dragon Tail (To phaze enemies and cause chaos) or Stone Edge (Stone miss is not applicable due to accuracy buff he receives from coil)

Outrage is an oddball for that set.

Coil is great as a boosting move but realize it boosts accuracy as well. Outrage causes confusion which can hurt him in the long run on a defensive set like that. I'd recommend either Dragon Tail (To phaze enemies and cause chaos) or Stone Edge (Stone miss is not applicable due to accuracy buff he receives from coil)
Yeah I've been debating changing outrage for Stone Edge for manibuzz/Dragons

with using camoflauge on Zygarde to turn it into Normal Typing and a high attack EV.. it's extreme speed hits as hard as a non-hacked/perfect Arceus or almost as hard as a perfect/hacked arceus but if your able to get coil or swords dance into the mix. you'll be capible of 1-shotting most opponents with it of not all.

However as i mentioned originally, the Camouflage is greatest when your opponent has no experience with Zygarde/Camoflauge and continues to have their Pokemon try their backup fairy/dragon/ice moves (sometimes even their fighting Pokemon).

Zygarde isn't comparable to garchomp. The only thing they have in common are their typing which in zygardes case is pretty awful considering it has to function as a wall. Aura break is useless, xerneas isn't threatened by it while yveltal can stall it out, it has no use in any other tier. Zygardes lacks offensive presence, it can't wall shit, there's not much it really can do at all.

On a side note it has one of the best signature moves of all legendaries, being a 90 bp earthquake with the extra effect of being unable to hit dig users. Yes plz
Yes we can all agree that Land's wrath is indeed a game changing move. For those interested in basing a set around it, here is a helpful list of the myriad reasons to use it over Earthquake: doubles :)

Last edited:
oh god this thing is too good

Give it an assault vest and it can take most ice beams

Give it dragon dance it can clear whole teams after one, rips most walls apart at 2, and 3 dragon dances destroys the wretched ice types before they can attack.

oh god this thing is too good

Give it an assault vest and it can take most ice beams

Give it dragon dance it can clear whole teams after one, rips most walls apart at 2, and 3 dragon dances destroys the wretched ice types before they can attack.
I doubt you'd want to use AV on this thing, as it removes access to 3 good moves for it: Dragon Dance, Coil, and Glare. 100 Attack is a little underwhelming unboosted and not being able to paralyze anything to make up for your lack of offensive ability doesn't seem helpful either...I could be wrong though.

I doubt you'd want to use AV on this thing, as it removes access to 3 good moves for it: Dragon Dance, Coil, and Glare. 100 Attack is a little underwhelming unboosted and not being able to paralyze anything to make up for your lack of offensive ability doesn't seem helpful either...I could be wrong though.
Backed up by a 108/120/95 defensive stat, 95 going even higher because of AV, I think it's pretty good.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Backed up by a 108/120/95 defensive stat, 95 going even higher because of AV, I think it's pretty good.
Hippowdon is better for outright tanking due to its access to Slack Off. Also, AV prevents Zygarde from boosting (which is what makes it a threat) or using Glare, a superior Thunder Wave.

This is partly to bump the thread as it seems to have died, but imo zygardes subcoil set seems to be very threatening right now. After two coils this thing takes little damage from a pshysical attacker

Hmm... This is one of the most disappointing legendaries becides Virizion, who, IMO, is better than the Z. I think this 'Mon should run a bulky attacking set over an all-out ES set. That, and Glare/ Coil, is the only thing it has over the Chomp, and even Flygon, expecially concisering Chomp got a Mega. I actually think Zygarde will be the next 'Mon to get a Mega. May sound crazy, but 600 BST is underwhelming for a possible-soon-to-be-game-mascot. I honestly think we should wait until Pokemon Z to really use this thing, sadly.
Virizion? In the same metagame as Talonflame? Good luck with that.

That, and read the stinking thread before commenting. It has some key attributes over Garchomp, and is really not comparable in any way besides type, and Flygon is just a source for occasional laughs as it has no place in OU.

As for actual usage, I've been loving its parashuffling set, but its subcoil sets are fun too. Just check its Analysis thread for that one.

Also, terms like "legendary" and "mascot" have little place in actual discussion. This is a great pokemon that's a little niche for it to get OU usage, but is more than usable if you find a place for it on your team

Zygarde is terrible in OU. No two ways about it in my eyes really. It's too slow and the ice weakness is depressing. It's move pool is underwhelming as it really struggles to hit as hard as Chomp. Just personal opinions as always but I really do think we should wait until the next release before we really stab at this guy's viability.

95 Spd is a great speed stat for a defensive/bulky stat booster like Zygarde. He has the right moves (he's begging for Dragon Rush though) to have a certifiable niche in OU, having access to very rare moves in Coil, ExtremeSpeed and Glare, on top of well rounded stats and decent typing. We don't need to wait for a new game to understand how Zygarde performs now. His current viability rating in OU is currently B tier, same as Mega Manectric, Mega Heracross, Alakazam and Volcarona for example. That means he has veritable strengths but requires good team building to fully utilize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)