The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
the final episode of noucome was a bit more serious than the others, but it was still awesome
noucome best

still need to watch this weeks kill la kill and strike the blood, and start golden time since i just saw toradora (which was amazinggggg)

KLK is consistently a blast to watch, but there's very little meaningful development (the status quo has barely changed since the first episode, about the only thing that's changed is Ryuuko knows who killed her father now) and Ryuuko and Satsuki are both kinda boring, which is a shame because most of the supporting cast is great.

Winter has been pretty dull so far, Space Dandy has been good but not as great as hyped. There are a bunch of other decent to good shows (Noragami, Chuunibyou, and D-Frag being my favorites I guess, though Nisekoi is really nice to look at too) but nothing has really impressed so far.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just here to say the synopsis for Golden Time is 0/10, very misleading. In case you were afraid the whole reason they are pursuing each other is because "omg we made a promise when we were 5 years old in a sandbox and every episode I must reminisce about the scene", luckily it is not. It also gets extra points for NOT BEING ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL. Plus everyone is super pretty. also www.anime-pulse.com they are in the middle of their winter preview reviews

I'm loving Kill La Kill right now, I don't know what you guys are talking about. Although, I would prefer if Ryuuko would be relevant to the overarching plot of the series instead of just interrupting it for her own reasons, but it looks like that'll be the case once she knows about her dad and shit.

KLK is one of those shows where the specifics of the plot don't matter. It's a whole bucket of fun for a bunch of reasons, none of which are plot.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
KLK is so close to being a legitimately great show but it's just missing tiny cues and opportunities and the result is that it's been thematically lackluster for most of the show. HOPEFULLY, the next plot dump is going to fix that and the show will go on to being very good, but IDDDKKKK.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
In regards to spring 2014 shows to look forward to:

Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Thriller/Sci-fi/Romance) - The premise is basically a boy is infatuated in his childhood friend (a girl, surprise surprise) who claims aliens exist. At one point, she ends up dying but years later the boy meets a girl that looks exactly the same as his childhood friend. She doesn't know him, but she has superhuman strength. There's lots of intense action and drama. Tad bits of romance here and there (it sort of turns into a little bit of a haremy thing) but it's really good since they aren't afraid to show off the nasty gore.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Sci-fi/Fantasy/School Life) - Probably going to be the best show in Spring 2014 if not show of the year. The manga is just that good. Basic premise is the main character enrolls with his sister in a school for magicians. His sister is a magical prodigy as opposed to himself, who is basically considered a complete failure of a wizard, only passing the entry by the bare skin of his teeth. However, the main character is no chump. He legitimately can fight any magician and overpower them thanks to special combat training he received and his vast knowledge of how magic works. Also they don't make things easy when explaining how magic works in the manga either: they literally go barebones on how certain spells are cast and what science goes into each and every bit.

Hitsugime no Chaika (Fantasy/Romance/Adventure) - I read the manga. It was ok. Not amazing by any means but it was sort of interesting in some regards. I hope the anime is better.

Date a Live II (Romance/Fantasy) - Sequel to Date a Live season 1.

Mekaku City Actors - Shaft is doing this. It sort of looks ok. I'll be looking into this one.

Black Bullet - Looks like our Guilty Crown/Code Geass/Fill in the Blank Apocolyptic show of the season. Let's hope this one actually is good.

Mahou Shoujo Taisen - It's Gainax. I want to see if this is better than their last Magic Girl Anime.

Captain Earth - Another Bones anime. idk if this will be good. Will be looking at this one as well.

Kamigami no Asobi - Brain's Base. They usually have thought-provoking anime and I like their stuff. Hoping this is good.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one that thinks KLK is incredibly overrated? It's by no means SAO part 2 level bad or anything, but it's not that great either. The "plot" is highly disorganized, the characters aren't particularly endearing, and moments that are supposed to be epic come off lackluster.

Am I the only one that thinks KLK is incredibly overrated?

I cannot take Kill a Kill seriously the way they dress the main character. And I don't mean it's over the top, it'd be over the top if she showed half as much skin. I mean that it's supposed to be badass and or sexy but it's just fucking stupid as shit. They could have made something actually unique and interesting but they threw it all away to make the show more like Panty and Stocking. I don't see myself watching much longer.
i actually don't like kill la kill
I'm finding KlK harder to watch every week.

Acklow

He's not bipolar. He's just a stereotypical parent. Quick to discipline and quick to love and most of all quick to troll his daughter.

Mahouka's premise sounds good and the LN is super popular, but I've also heard a fair number of negative things about it too, I'm wondering if it'll be the next SAO.

Acklow

I just can't even anymore. It's just too much to handle. Arguably one of the best episodes in the whole show.

KLK finally convinced me that it was worth not dropping.
Meanwhile Golden Time gets more stressful every week, you can feel the ominous presence of the soulcrushing train wreck that's right around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)