Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

LF RS/FRLG egg rng guide (apparently there is this function in rngreporter, but nothing explained about it)
Is that you generate the egg and pick it up in the same run?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Thanks!
And for method 1 pokemon? (sarters, groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, etc..)
By "when the battle animation starts", I meant when the screen fades to total black from the overworld.
It's always when the battle animation starts.
That should do it.

There is a PokeRNG program compatible for Ruby/Shapphire ? For method 1/H2/H4 ...
Or there are other methods for found +1.000.000 Frames on Ruby/Shapphire ?
My computer isn't so fast.. rngreporter crash with 1.000.000 F
And you can always test for the maximum number your computer handles.
*maybe* theres that thing called turborng which s supposed to takeup less resources, just dat i never tried it.
Such advertise. Very program. Wow.

Check my signature for TurboRNG. RNG Reporter stores the results to RAM, but TurboRNG stores the results to disk. Also, it's significantly faster. On my computer (which is by no means new or fast), it would take 2 seconds to generate 1,000,000 frames with TurboRNG. RNG Reporter takes around 10 seconds due to the high RAM usage and usage of the swap file.

I recently restarted my Emerald file (dry battery if it matters) with the intent to RNG several of the legends for good IVs, some shiny as well (Rayquaza). The link to finding your secret ID in the Emerald RNG abuse guide is broken, but I've heard if you transfer any of the regular pokemon you caught to a 4th gen game, you can upload the pokemon to Pokegen and find out. Just wanted to make sure this works? And if not, how do I find my secret ID?

I've tried the program, but I can't use method H2 and i can't choose the IVs..

Also, there is a way to abuse TID/SID on pokemon Emerald and FR/LG ?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I recently restarted my Emerald file (dry battery if it matters) with the intent to RNG several of the legends for good IVs, some shiny as well (Rayquaza). The link to finding your secret ID in the Emerald RNG abuse guide is broken, but I've heard if you transfer any of the regular pokemon you caught to a 4th gen game, you can upload the pokemon to Pokegen and find out. Just wanted to make sure this works? And if not, how do I find my secret ID?
An easier way to find out your SID without too much hassle or resorting to Pokegen would be to simply upload something from your file to Pokécheck via 4th/5th Gen.

Or, if you're against using stuff like Pokécheck, you could use This guide.

Ok, thanks! I'm fine with Pokecheck, shouldnt be too hard. In any case, the applet used in the guide you linked appears to be missing or taken down, so not much I can do.

Also, just to make sure I'm getting how battle videos work: creating one saves whatever frame you were at, so that any time you load up the game and watch the video, your rng jumps to that frame and continues to run? So for instance, if I see a really awesome spread, but it takes 3 days to get to, I could let the game run for maybe 2.9 days, create a battle video, and watch that battle video before every attempt I make at a successful RNG to save time, assuming I note exactly what frame the video contains and how far it is from the one I'm aiming for?

Is available Deoxys on pokemon Ruby, by the event of map? i've ruby ita version.
and there is a way to abuse TID/SID on pokemon Emerald and FR/LG ?

Edit: Deoxys is not available on RS xD but for which language of FRLG/Emerald is available? I've italian version only..

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Also, just to make sure I'm getting how battle videos work: creating one saves whatever frame you were at, so that any time you load up the game and watch the video, your rng jumps to that frame and continues to run? So for instance, if I see a really awesome spread, but it takes 3 days to get to, I could let the game run for maybe 2.9 days, create a battle video, and watch that battle video before every attempt I make at a successful RNG to save time, assuming I note exactly what frame the video contains and how far it is from the one I'm aiming for?
Precisely.

Is available Deoxys on pokemon Ruby, by the event of map? i've ruby ita version.
and there is a way to abuse TID/SID on pokemon Emerald and FR/LG ?

Edit: Deoxys is not available on RS xD but for which language of FRLG/Emerald is available? I've italian version only..
Emerald and Fr/Lg TID/SID abuse is only possible on emulator. There's loads of info about it starting maybe 5 pages back.

As for the AuroraTicket, it was never released for Emerald in any region, even Japan. However, Emerald's American release happened while the European events for FrLg were still going on, and you could surprisingly send your cart over and get the ticket. From a different country. However, there's only one known save file that has done this, and any other Emerald Deoxys are illegal.

FrLg is an entirely different story. The AuroraTicket was released for a lot of countries, but not Italy. Sorry.

I saw on serebii that the aurora ticked was released for Japan first at a movie (FRLG only) on 31 August 2004.
After this was released as a normal ticket event (Emerald only), on 16 September 2004.
Then, for America on 23 October 2005 (FRLG only), also this was released as a normal ticket.
On 2005 another event was released for America and Europe.
On 2006 was released in other methods, not catchable.

So, on my Ruby is not possible to catch Deoxys, but for a copy of FRLG/Emerald Jap/America is possible, right? I use an emulator, so i've no problem for teleport to the island.

For TID/SID abuse on Emerald i read that must be hit a seed, but emerald seed is ever 0, so?
To see the seed i must go in option > memory viewer and put 16 bits, the number on top-left is the seed?
The SID is generated when I hit "A" when Birch says me "so your name is XXX ?", and how can I see my frame if I get a wrong TID/SID ? On RNGReporter's pandora box there is only Ruby/Shapphire option..

I've read this post:

I can confirm that, if you follow the R/S RNG page, the frame before your ID frame will be the one that is shiny. So, let's say you wanted to make your frame of 23754 shiny. To do so, you would have to aim for frame 23755 for your ID's (you can check if you hit that frame by checking if your TID is 42069, as per the guide--this TID corresponds to the last 4 digits in hex of the PID on frame 23755). However, the frame that will be shiny will be 23754, and your SID would be found using that frame. So in this case, your TID would be 42069 and your SID would be 29292 (726C in decimal). If you plug in these values into the Reporter, you will see that frame 23754 is in fact shiny. Hope that makes some sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to clarify.
So:
- only if i start a new game, the seed is like FRLG, and I check it on memory viewer;
- if I softreset and play normaly, the seed is ever 0. Only if the game has dry battery;
- to find my TID/SID combination for get a shiny PID, i do a search on the frame of this PID. The last 4 digits of the next frame of the PID, converted in decimal is my TID, and for found the SID, I must to convert in decimal the last 4 digit of the PID on my target frame.
So once found my desired PID, I can get the TID/SID combination from this PID and the next PID of this. For hit the frame of this TID/SID combination, I should to hit the next frame of the desired PID.
But this is for R/S, not for emerald. I will test this, however.

Yes! For my spread:
Frame:11309225 - PID:6973C6B1 30/15/30/31/31/31
and the successive is
Frame:11309226 - PID:F9FE6973 31/31/31/31/17/31

C6B1 in decimal is --> 50865 --> TID
6973 in decimal is --> 26995 --> SID

or viceversa. U can change TID witch SID, and the spread will be equal shiny.

The problem is this:
But I must to wait 11.000.000+ F only for my ID/SID combination, and my computer support max 400% speed on VBA, for 1.000.000 I've to wait 3 hour...

for R/S, there is pandora's box on RNGReporter, that give me some decent frame (between 5000 and 15000), but for emerald and FRLG there is nothing..

Last edited:

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I saw on serebii that the aurora ticked was released for Japan first at a movie (FRLG only) on 31 August 2004.
After this was released as a normal ticket event (Emerald only), on 16 September 2004.
Then, for America on 23 October 2005 (FRLG only), also this was released as a normal ticket.
On 2005 another event was released for America and Europe.
On 2006 was released in other methods, not catchable.

So, on my Ruby is not possible to catch Deoxys, but for a copy of FRLG/Emerald Jap/America is possible, right? I use an emulator, so i've no problem for teleport to the island.
A Mystery Gift event for the game on its release date? Very implausible to me. The general consensus is that Serebii is wrong here; Bulbapedia has no record of this event, and they're VERY thorough.

tl;dr Unless you have the specifically confirmed save (*coughSauvegamesAuroracough*), Emerald Deoxys is illegal for every region.

For TID/SID abuse on Emerald i read that must be hit a seed, but emerald seed is ever 0, so?
To see the seed i must go in option > memory viewer and put 16 bits, the number on top-left is the seed?
The SID is generated when I hit "A" when Birch says me "so your name is XXX ?", and how can I see my frame if I get a wrong TID/SID ? On RNGReporter's pandora box there is only Ruby/Shapphire option..

I've read this post:

So:
- only if i start a new game, the seed is like FRLG, and I check it on memory viewer;
- if I softreset and play normaly, the seed is ever 0. Only if the game has dry battery;
- to find my TID/SID combination for get a shiny PID, i do a search on the frame of this PID. The last 4 digits of the next frame of the PID, converted in decimal is my TID, and for found the SID, I must to convert in decimal the last 4 digit of the PID on my target frame.
So once found my desired PID, I can get the TID/SID combination from this PID and the next PID of this. For hit the frame of this TID/SID combination, I should to hit the next frame of the desired PID.
But this is for R/S, not for emerald. I will test this, however.
That last part sounds like Emerald to me. As for everything else, it's pretty clearly explained right around the post you quoted.

So? I can't get aurora ticket on my VBA? even I have all the games in all languages? is there a possible method? :(
i've updated previous post..

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
So? I can't get aurora ticket on my VBA? even I have all the games in all languages? is there a possible method? :(
i've updated previous post..
Not from Emerald, no.
FrLg Deoxys are completely legal, however.

Yes! For my spread:
Frame:11309225 - PID:6973C6B1 30/15/30/31/31/31
and the successive is
Frame:11309226 - PID:F9FE6973 31/31/31/31/17/31

C6B1 in decimal is --> 50865 --> TID
6973 in decimal is --> 26995 --> SID

or viceversa. U can change TID witch SID, and the spread will be equal shiny.

The problem is this:
But I must to wait 11.000.000+ F only for my ID/SID combination, and my computer support max 400% speed on VBA, for 1.000.000 I've to wait 3 hour...

for R/S, there is pandora's box on RNGReporter, that give me some decent frame (between 5000 and 15000), but for emerald and FRLG there is nothing..
For Emerald and FrLg, Pandora's Box doesn't support them because you cannot truly abuse both IDs on cart; you're basically gambling for a shiny chance AFTER you hit your TID.

For the high frame problem, either be patient or edit the seed in memory to be around your desired time.

On a side note, why use flawed SPDef? Or are you using a non-standard notation (e.g. Hidden Power notation)?

For every pid/tid pair there are 8 shiny sids, not only 1.
And where i found these SIDs? the PID of my timid 30/15/30/31/31/31 is 6973C6B1 on frame 11309225

Not from Emerald, no.
FrLg Deoxys are completely legal, however.
Ok, so only on my FRLG games i can obtain a legal shiny deoxys. But for english version or Jap ?
(but is a strange thing that this pokè was never released on emerald, because emerald was released after FRLG..)

On a side note, why use flawed SPDef? Or are you using a non-standard notation (e.g. Hidden Power notation)?
This isn't a standard spread, because i want flawled..

For Emerald and FrLg, Pandora's Box doesn't support them because you cannot truly abuse both IDs on cart; you're basically gambling for a shiny chance AFTER you hit your TID.

For the high frame problem, either be patient or edit the seed in memory to be around your desired time.
But for hit my TID, i must to wait 11309225 frame? there isn't a smaller frame?
The seed is always 0006, because i did a savestate on select name screen. So the seed is always the same..
For now I rng abuse TID/SID on emerald, but for frlg is the same process ?

Last edited:
1.You dont do anything to the tid and just accept a random one. (not saying you absolutely cant, but no one including me has tested how to hit specific seeds at the naming screen)
2.You save a state after getting the tid, continue into the overworld to check what TID you have, then look for target sids from the seed of your save state.

But for hit my TID, i must to wait 11309225 frame? there isn't a smaller frame?
The seed is always 0006, because i did a savestate on select name screen. So the seed is always the same..
For now I rng abuse TID/SID on emerald, but for frlg is the same process ?
It is, but you have to account for skipping frames, and you frames usually behave in an always even/always odd manner. There are things you must do to control them to behave for the frame you're going for.

1.You dont do anything to the tid and just accept a random one. (not saying you absolutely cant, but no one including me has tested how to hit specific seeds at the naming screen)
2.You save a state after getting the tid, continue into the overworld to check what TID you have, then look for target sids from the seed of your save state.
the TID is generate when Birch says "see you at pkmn lab" ? and SID is generate at the name screen? what does seed with sid? At my save state file the seed is 0006..
Ok.. i should wait when coming a guide to rng abuse TID/SID on emerald... i can't understand.. :(

1.Pause and save state at the last line 'see you at the lab'.
--this point your TID is already generated, but not SID.

2. check the current frame with the ram viewer. This will be used as the seed for your SID.
idk which version ur using.

3.RNGReporter-Research-LCRNG-16bithigh/1 (accually just 16bithigh itself, but the program requires you to put in sth there lol)
Put in the seed you got in the step above, set number of results to at least 65535.
--this generates a full list of all SIDs produced by that seed.

4.Resume the game into the overworld and check your TID.

5.Search by TID and PID in the 5th gen pandoras box. Look for any of these SIDs in the list generated in (3) and note its frame.
--In gen3 the 2 ids are generated separately, which means any combo can appear. Among all functions integrated in rngreporter this is best approximated in gen5.
derp Idk where to find a simple id calculator lol

6.Reload the save state when the game is paused.
Unpause and set a timer as normal to hit the target frame.

How do I RNG abuse the shiny gyarados in HG/SS using PPRNG? I've gotten a handle of RNGing legendaries (even the Sinjoh dragons), but I can't get gyarados. Mainly because its method is chained shiny which isn't in PPRNG at all. Do I used method 1 or stationary? If neither of these, is it possible to RNG the red gyarados with it PPRNG at all?

1.Pause and save state at the last line 'see you at the lab'.
--this point your TID is already generated, but not SID.

2. check the current frame with the ram viewer. This will be used as the seed for your SID.
idk which version ur using.

3.RNGReporter-Research-LCRNG-16bithigh/1 (accually just 16bithigh itself, but the program requires you to put in sth there lol)
Put in the seed you got in the step above, set number of results to at least 65535.
--this generates a full list of all SIDs produced by that seed.

4.Resume the game into the overworld and check your TID.

5.Search by TID and PID in the 5th gen pandoras box. Look for any of these SIDs in the list generated in (3) and note its frame.
--In gen3 the 2 ids are generated separately, which means any combo can appear. Among all functions integrated in rngreporter this is best approximated in gen5.
derp Idk where to find a simple id calculator lol

6.Reload the save state when the game is paused.
Unpause and set a timer as normal to hit the target frame.
Thanks!!! Now I try this method and if I have problems I will write here..
but the TID isn't generate when I choose my character's name?
Thanks again for your help :)

P.S. I use emerald

Last edited:
Does anyone know why I'm suddenly not able to hatch a shiny in Platinum? The thing is I successfully hatched shinies with desired IVs several times already prior to this. I'm hitting my Shiny Seed and doing the Coin Flips + any additional, also Happiness Taps, but when I hatch it, it's a non-shiny. They also come out inconsistent (Natures, IVs, Ability, and Gender.) each time. I'm confused...

EDIT: Wait...does have a Flame Body Pokemon in front of your party matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)