SPL General Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I can't speak for phil or shakeitup (obviously) so I'll respond to the other parts.

in his vm, make conveniently didnt mention he is completely unavailable on sunday
make VMed majin saying "is there some time we can get this done this week?" If majin had bothered to sign in on the forums and reply to make they could have easily scheduled a time. Yes make didn't follow Aldaron's guidelines to a T but are you really trying to penalise make for not saying he can't do sunday when Majin didn't give make any times he could play after he asked? At absolute BEST make and majin would both be "in the wrong" for not giving specific times.

then doesnt show up and somehow we're supposed to take an activity loss like that? i'm pretty sure no one in this league would, especially if the score of the series depended on it.
What you are supposed to do is present your case to Oglemi, rather than call for a farce of a veto vote from the managers, which we all know are incapable of voting objectively in any decision that in any remote way affects them. If Oglemi and the TD's decided that make wasn't significantly more active than Majin then ok, we would accept that because at least the decision would be an unbiased one.

Your post also glosses over the part where make was active on the forums / IRC all week and Majin was only "PO online" throughout the week but anyway... this is the right type of post to make, at least BKC is giving facts to back up stuff rather than just saying "SHARKS ARE SHADY, FUK THEM THEIR RUINING SPL". So thankyou for that.

o_O damn peeps chill.

BKC - for the record, it wasn't clear to me that you were trying to schedule make vs vajin with me. I don't have the logs (if you find them please post, cause maybe my memory just sucks), but IIRC you just asked me when make would be ready to play. I think my answer was that he's already ready, but I don't know when he's online. That's why players are supposed to schedule their matches on the forums with each other... I'm not make's personal assistant with his weekly availability on-hand.

That being said, make was on Smogon forums and IRC all week dudes. Even on the weekend, but vajin wasn't on when he was. Even if vajin couldn't have gotten on IRC, y'all should've PM'd make, not me.

Anyways, that's all I have to say about this. Got more important things to take care of, if you know what I mean.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
What amazes me in this whole make vs Majin thing is the lack of coherence in the admnistrative decisions.

This is basically the same situation that happened on a week 1 match, Frexa vs TV-Rocka. Both players failed to properly communicate and schedule with each other, though they were both active at different times/in different ways. Back then, it was ruled a double sub, everyone agreed with it and it were all happy times, so why the fuck is this make vs Majin deal different?

I get that everyone loves drama (really, why even play SPL otherwise) but this is basically forcing drama in a situation there's no need to. Get your shit together Oglemi :]

Also, on a different note, manager veto's are the most retarded thing. It basically comes to: "Does this decision benefits my team?" No one cares who's in the right or who's in the wrong, everyone is voting for their own interests, and it just promotes teams hating on other teams for no good reason.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is basically the same situation that happened on a week 1 match, Frexa vs TV-Rocka. Both players failed to properly communicate and schedule with each other, though they were both active at different times/in different ways. Back then, it was ruled a double sub, everyone agreed with it and it were all happy times, so why the fuck is this make vs Majin deal different?.
Lack of communication with me ahead of time and among the players + the players not knowing each other's availability + the fact I was likely going to rule in favor of make (it was that or grant an extension or call the match null, there wasn't a double sub or majin activity win situation).

TV-Rocka and -Frexa- had way more contact or at least knew before the weekend that it wasn't going to be completed.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I'm unspeakably surprised that Masterclass, of all people, hasn't jumped in on this meaningless conversation. When your most gracious and respectable player is a Masterclass, you really need to take a moment to reevaluate your life and your team.

I will do my midseason rankings later today. Stay tuned for that.

Last edited:
Just wanna give my opinion:

In my entire time in smogon this is by far the worst hosted tournament.. i dont mean spl in general but i mean this particular year. Just an opinion.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just wanna give my opinion:

In my entire time in smogon this is by far the worst hosted tournament.. i dont mean spl in general but i mean this particular year. Just an opinion.
You're undoubtedly high if you arrow minded enough to think that. Oglemi has been the best host of SPL to date. It's the users who make the tournament unenjoyable, not Oglemi. A match takes 10 minutes, bar GSC....or doubles who takes 1 hour per 10 moves. Regardless, there's been significantly less drama then past tournaments and the only quarrel is between the Scooters and Sharks in which Oglemi was kind enough to hold a manager vote so you have an extension on a match (now I dont agree with extensions, it's just convenient that its super week otherwise no way in hell an extension would be permitted) so if anything masterclass, you should /thank/ oglemi, instead of dissing him ^_^

You're undoubtedly high if you arrow minded enough to think that. Oglemi has been the best host of SPL to date. It's the users who make the tournament unenjoyable, not Oglemi. A match takes 10 minutes, bar GSC....or doubles who takes 1 hour per 10 moves. Regardless, there's been significantly less drama then past tournaments and the only quarrel is between the Scooters and Sharks in which Oglemi was kind enough to hold a manager vote so you have an extension on a match (now I dont agree with extensions, it's just convenient that its super week otherwise no way in hell an extension would be permitted) so if anything masterclass, you should /thank/ oglemi, instead of dissing him ^_^
1- Stop ass kissing it makes you look stupid
2- I should thank him for what? giving the rematch and then taking it back?

Oglemi can't even stick to his decisions, he gave a decision and now reverted it. Oglemi already showed glimpses of how brilliant he can be the minute he went ''oops let me restart the auction because idk''. I'm not dissing Oglemi, i'm not insulting him i am giving my opinion. I hope people can respect other peoples opinions. Just because i think he isn't a good host doesn't mean everyone else does too.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
lmao masterclass how is it you are able to not only stir up a shitton of drama but also blame any inconvenience on the host with no shame whatsoever.

Last edited:

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well you can dislike the way the tournament is run. Or everyone can make the best of it. Because we all know that no matter how mad you are, and how annoyed you get, you'll be playing anyway.

C U Week 6 ^_^

Also i'm not ass kissing, I just think he's done a much better job then the past 4 SPL's run

(DMD)LETS GET IT(DMD)

lmao masterclass how is you are able to not only stir up a shitton of drama but also blame any inconvenience on the host with no shame whatsoever.
sorry i stopped reading there, revise your sentence then retype it. It got too confusing. Make it a bit understandable and maybe i'll respond to you. (Unless that's denmarkian)

And stone <3 but i still disagree with you.

Edit: and yes i know it's danish.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Oglemi kept this thread alive. That alone makes him the best host in SPL's history.

Masterclass, going by your illogical logic, just because some of us acknowledge Oglemi's hosting skills doesn't mean we are kissing his ass. We too are being honest in our acknowledgement. You don't see anyone accusing you of sucking Kentucky Fried Chicken's pencil dick in order to get him to bid on you. Why else would anyone bid on you after the cancerous shit you pulled on the Frogs last season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)