Round 80 Tutee Tournament - Finals [Won by Kavatika]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just as a reminder, we will be now rewarding the winner of the Tutee Tournament with a custom user-title, along with intense media coverage. There is also a possibility for the finals to be hosted on a Smogcast, though that is subject to timing schedules.

Welcome to the signup thread of the tutoring tournaments for Battling 101! Here, all tutees who signed up for round 80, who was tutored by someone are eligible to sign up to play. Due to time constraints, only the first 16 people who indicate interest in the Apprentice Program signup thread will be allowed to participate. If we get more, however, I will consider increasing the number of participants. Also, please note that this is a XY OU tournament. Simply post your profile as you did when you signed up to get tutored (we will be checking everyone's post to make sure that they were in fact tutored during round 80). For reference:

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself: Please familiarize yourself with the rules below that are specific to Tutoring Tournaments. They can be found on-site here, but I will list them below for your convenience.
  1. Battles will be 6 on 6 (XY OU) played on the Showdown simulator.
  2. Tournament rounds will last a maximum of 1 week. No extensions will be granted. It is up to the discretion of the tournament administrator to determine who will advance in the event of an incomplete match.
  3. Pokemon that are considered "Uber" are banned from use on all teams. Smogon's tier list is supreme. Smogon's ban list can be found here.
The following clauses must be enabled for all Tutoring Tournament matches.
  • Timed Battle: Select this clause when challenging for all Smogon Tour matches. This is necessary in the interest of finishing the tournament in a speedy manner.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffings on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
  • Wifi Clause: Team Preview must be enabled for all XY games.

Signups (16):
  • Typhlito
  • TCR
  • Haruno
  • Hulavuta
  • JMcFizz
  • weirdishitsux
  • Yuri
  • Kavatika
  • AwsomeBiz
  • Salt The Flesh
  • Jin White
  • FireMage
  • Rohail
  • Dietcoke101
  • chimpact
  • Ein
Substitutes:

Round 1:

Jin White vs Salt The Flesh
chimpact vs Ein
Rohail vs Dietcoke101
FireMage vs AwsomeBiz
Typhlito vs Haruno
TCR
vs Hulavuta
JMcFizz vs Yuri
Gyarad0s vs Kavatika

Round 2:

chimpact vs Kavatika
Haruno
vs JMcFizz
Jin White vs Rohail
AwsomeBiz vs TCR

Semi Finals:

TCR vs Haruno
Kavatika
vs Jin White

Finals:

Haruno vs Kavatika

Deadline: 3/1/14

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Username: Typhlito
Pokemon Showdown Username: Typhlito
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern standard time; Usually on and off most days from 1-5 pm to 12 am (or later)
What tier do you want to learn?: Want to get into some new tiers like gen 2/3 ou and xy doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: Just a guy who loves animals. :) I've hanged out in other smaller forums but now I decided to join one of the biggest forums of all and Im liking it. Been making myself known by helping with the sprite project but I am also a pretty good battler in the tiers I play in. Still looking to improve my battling skills though so Im asking a tutor to help me out with that.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: TCR
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TheRealTCR / Sexy TCR/ RoronoaMihawk
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ESTanytime after 6 on weekdays most of day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, XY Ubers. BW Ubers (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to be a huge lurker, and just recently got more active (as a result I finally got badged, yay!) I have peaked muultiple times in the top 5 on the XY LC ladder, and am an avid player there, and peaked 3rd on the BW LC ladder last gen. Unfortunately outside the stale OU metagame and LC, I dont feel comfortable in any tier. I would love to learn Ubers or UU :) Currently I am a Senior in High School, working towards getting a good college with a nice Poli-Sci Program.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Username: Haruno
Pokemon Online Username: Haruno
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 anywhere from 4pm-12am on weekdays with weekends varying and being more varying
What tier do you want to learn?: XY doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a psychology major, I'm a hopeful for midseason pickup for spl. I'm a tutee of youngjake93 in this last session of battling101. My main tier is ubers, I've been a fan of pokemon since I got a copy of yellow in 2001. Other than that there's not much I'd want to say.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Hulavuta
Pokemon Showdown Username: Hulavuta
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually available 7 PM to 10 PM every evening.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: Single and ready to mingle!

Username: JMcFizz
Pokemon Showdown Username: JMcFizz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 MWF until 4, monday nights, late night or early anyday if necessary
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU but I'm ready to get down in XY OU for this tourney!
Tell us a little about yourself: I've lurked for a long time but wanted help with teambuilding and getting to the next level.

Username: Weirdishitsux
Pokemon Online Username: weirdishitsux / polpetta / stay_
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, I can be online whenever the tutor want (I have no life lol)
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (high levels of strategy inbattle and team building)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am Italian, I play competitively since july 2009 but until now I have always focused on the Italian tournaments (where I got dozens and dozens of wins) and that's why I think you don't know me. I was the master of shinycarletto (remember him? he now plays Lol). I want to be clear: I want to peak at least the Top 16 of the next Smogon Tour, I know I have the qualities to do it so I just need to improve myself in XY OU. If you want you can test me whenever you want and I will show you I'm not lying.

Username: Yuri
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: bebemoises
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-2 (currently on DST, will revert to GMT-3 on February) Saturdays and Sundays mostly all day. Will be avaiable early night during weekdays when January ends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU (preferably) or XY Doubles.
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play ADV in Netbattle but I was mostly bad at it. I can't say I pioreered anything but I was one of the few people interested in developing the 2v2 metagame then. I'm sure they are out there but I never saw anyone use Skill Swap Gengar with Agiligross nor Taunt Alakazam (Inner Focus) like I did. My biggest claim to glory is probably the one time I tied with ViL in ADV UU (though he Exploded his Solrock so maybe I technically won?). Other than that, will major in Electric Engineering soon.

Username: Kavatika
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kavatika
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (east coast US) on IRC most often midday during weekdays, but I check the forums frequently otherwise.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for several years, since the ADV days in fact. Only until late DPP did I gain an interest in competitive mons. I started playing competitive seriously a few months after BW came out, and I've been into it ever since. After some time I joined the forums and got into the mentoring program. I was active for a month or two on IRC, but summer break came around, and I died for a while. Back in September last year I became active again and got back on IRC and started actually being known. I gained an interest in LC the week XY came out, and once Sneasel was banned I made a team and joined the fun. Since then I've fallen in love with the tier and the community, but I always felt my battling skills were not quite up to par. So I figured I'd join this round of b101. If it' worth anything, @premagreed to tutor me.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Redgyarados91
ps username: Redgyarados91
Time: 6-10 est
what I would like to learn: teambuilding, OU , and VGC
About me: I have always played pokemon since it came out but have recently just been introduced to competitive battling. I have been researching for a while and really what to improve my skills that way I can participate more in the pokemon community.

Username: FabioBracht
Pokemon Online Username: Will be either same as here or FBracht (still haven't signed up; will do if picked for tutoring, hopefully)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -03:00 GMT, completely flexible in regards to hours, but usually asleep in the mornings.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU or RU, also teambuilding
Tell us a little about yourself: I wrote at lenght on my post to the Introduce Yourself thread.

Hope I'm picked up. I'm eager to learn with a tutor! :)

Username: AwsomeBiz
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: CycloTJ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST: Weekdays: 3pm-12am Weekends 3pm - 1am
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Ever since Gen IV popularized competitive battling, I've been fascinated by the cool strategy and awesome plays I see on youtube. Totally dedicated a whole summer to watch a whole bunch of wi-fi battles on youtube. Back then I used to watched a lot of random youtubers but slowly kept watching a cool wifi battler known as Xenon3120. Nowadays I watch wifi battles from all poketubers such as shofu and Pokeaim.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Username: Brostime
Pokemon Showdown Username: Brostime
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 available after 4 pm, and nearly all day in the weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a student in a car shop, and I like to shred on my skateboard, be with friends, pokemon obviously and just chillin out with my gf.

Username: Salt the Flesh
Pokemon Showdown Username: Salt the Flesh
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually between 2:30-5 PM on weekdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: There isn't much to say on the personal front. Still in high school, and the most defining thing about my personality is my liking of Pokemon, which isn't too spectacular here. I've been lurking since the beginning of B2W2, and made an account shortly after XY's release. I do have some experience battling but I have A LOT to improve on, mostly on the teambuilding front.

Copypasted from the sign-up thread, if that's okay.

Username: Jin White
Pokemon Online Username: titanium_alloy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, evenings/late nights are good
Tell us a little about yourself: I work; I learn; I play. I think and I smoke and I drink and I write and also I love pokémon.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: FireMage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: FireMage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - I'm really flexible as in I can meet someone from pretty much any timezone.
Tell us a little about yourself: I host a lot of tours, but never find myself actually doing well playing in them. I play BW NU + LC so I have competitive experience.

Limitless

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We now have sixteen tutees for the tournament. I'll keep the thread open for a day or two more for subs, though.

edit: A slot just opened.

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Rohail
Pokemon Showdown / Pokemon Online Username: Rohail (I don't have Shoddy, but I can get them if it's necessary)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, I'm available on Mondays - Fridays 3:30-5:00 p.m and then 8:00-9:00 p.m. I'm honestly all over the place on weekends ;-;
What tier do you want to learn?: XY LC / BW UU / BW RU (in order of preference)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 14 year old Canadian who lurks a lot on Smogon but posts frequently in C&C and the newly-started UU Beta Discussion thread. I'm a lower tier person, which would explain why I want to learn the tiers that I do. Oh, and I'm also a GP member for both C&C and The Smog :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes ^.^

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4PM-12AM EST (GMT -5) Weekdays, all day Weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sixteen year old male from Canada (eh?), in my last year of highschool, who plays pokemon as something to do. I would really love to learn XY OU so I can beat my friends :P I was decent at BW OU, but I really want to do well in XY OU. I've done some battling pre-pokebank, nothing too extensive, but definitely enough to know the basics. I've currently hit a point where I am losing a lot, but can't get any better without some help, which is why I really need an XY OU tutor.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

Username: Ein
Pokemon Online Username: Ein
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST - 8 PM - 12 AM each day
What tier do you want to learn?: I learned XY OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I quite enjoy pokemon and always willing to improve.

Limitless

RedGyarados91, Fabiobracht, and BROStime weren't tutees in round 80; they were removed. The three remaining substitutes were placed in the roster for the tournament. We are still in search of substitutes at this time. Ad3s was not in round 80.

Round 1:

Jin White vs Salt The Flesh
chimpact vs Ein
Rohail vs Dietcoke101
FireMage vs AwsomeBiz
Typhlito vs Haruno
TCR vs Hulavuta
JMcFizz vs Yuri
weirdishitsux vs Kavatika

Deadline: 2/12/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)