Lie, Cheat, and Steal Mafia Thieves Win

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Since I have the most Village role ever I'm going to step up as leader. Note: Since our roles are all shitty we still need to post in the thread but at least I'll be a trustworthy source
Dear kingofkongs,
You are Light Yagami.
“I understood that killing people was a crime. There was no other way! The world had to be fixed! A purpose given to me! Only I could do it. Who else could have done it, and come this far? Would they have kept going? The only one who can create a new world is me.”

Messenger
During the NOC phase, you may PM vonFiedler with “Message USER”. Include in the body of your PM a message for USER and it will be delivered asap. You may only message one USER per NOC phase. When you have 9 points, you may freely talk to any number of other players during the next NOC phase.

You are allied with the Liars. You win if all opposing factions are eliminated.
Either send your role pms to me or post in the thread why you aren't just don't be inactive please!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I thought that we weren't to have leaders in this game... I suppose that the new mechanics of night kills might have changed that but still. Announcer. Really? There have been a bunch of mafia announcers before anyway. Plus, I did a little bit of research and he looks like the opposite of a liar, yet he has stolen things before.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'm like 99.9% sure this is a relatively open-themed game with most of the characters just having to do with the name of the game. I don't believe any one character would considered clean or scum based on the flavor of their role alone.

That being said I don't personally plan on claiming to anyone soon unless it is 100% certain they have been cleaned. I assumed people being clean in the past and I always get the short end of the stick whenever I do so.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Celever how is Light not a Liar, his entire story is LYING ABOUT BEING KIRA for 5 odd years

While I'm not saying that I'm automatically clean based on roles, I would kinda like for us to get organized

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kira :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also yea kok is not cleaned yet but I'll like to say that there's a higher chance of kok being villager, and laurel and kok are almost definitely either both villager or both mafia. Explanations found like a few pages before /me lazy~

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd rather claim to ipl

I don't mind the image being somehow in front of the text in the pm, since the image's source is correct, my problem is this is a too easy to trust role in a game that the host said central leadership will not work and people can't be cleaned that easily. Also you do not seem to claim to have sent any messages last AB game, which confuses me, also you'd likely get away with faking the role by having a scumbuddy claim they received a result, you could likely get away with it till you reach 9 points, which you can actually avoid, or just take it and become unlynchable for a cycle.

Biggest problem I have is how much the 9 point upgrade sucks, the AB game became a non issue the second we agreed on all allying, what is the point of one person being able to talk with us during the rounds that is so much better than what the mafia is getting? Also I can in the first place only see mafia getting mileage out of this role, by scaring people on the village into betraying on another. That is if this message can be anon.

~LightWolf the Stupid

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd rather claim to ipl

I don't mind the image being somehow in front of the text in the pm, since the image's source is correct, my problem is this is a too easy to trust role in a game that the host said central leadership will not work and people can't be cleaned that easily. Also you do not seem to claim to have sent any messages last AB game, which confuses me, also you'd likely get away with faking the role by having a scumbuddy claim they received a result, you could likely get away with it till you reach 9 points, which you can actually avoid, or just take it and become unlynchable for a cycle.

Biggest problem I have is how much the 9 point upgrade sucks, the AB game became a non issue the second we agreed on all allying, what is the point of one person being able to talk with us during the rounds that is so much better than what the mafia is getting? Also I can in the first place only see mafia getting mileage out of this role, by scaring people on the village into betraying on another. That is if this message can be anon.
the image was shifted cos he c/ped it instead of clicking reply and c/ping that. which just leads me to believe more that he's villager because he was more likely to just c/ped instead of taking time to forge and ensure everything is correct???

edit: the contacting during noc seems pretty useless other than last minute screwing up a mafia-er if someone is sure there are mafia on a pair and just betray instead of allying as planned.

We don't know what roles are in the game, we can't assume there isn't more to the AB phase than "everyone knows to ally so everyone will ally", so the role could be more useful than you think. The relevant point is that it's not necessarily a village role. It's not fake, though - like LW said you'd have to link yourself to your buddies and that's terrible once you're revealed.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You know guys, if you don't do your best to inform everyone playing of the Ally Pact, not only could people easily get away with betraying, most of the betrayers would be from the village and might even lead to 1 point people dying.

LightWolf the Stupid

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
to clarify everybody go for ally or get lynched

that means 1 pointers too, since they are not guaranteed to get matched against the 6 pointers again we don't want to create more 1 pointers

don't even try to use having 1 point as justification for betraying

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That sure was quick! Now I'm sure you're all eager to learn what hoppened during the AB game, but... *sniff* *sniff*, sadly some of you didn't make it past Night 1. Fatcrashers, french, and L have all hopped off this mortal coil. Lettuce now take a moment of silence to remember these players who left us too quickly...

~Memories~

~Light the colors of my mind~

Dear Fatecrashers,
You are Edmond Dantes.

“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you”

Vigilante
At night, you may PM vonFiedler with “Night X - Kill USER”. USER will lose 2 points. When you have 9 points, your target will lose 4 points instead.

~Misty water-colored memories~

Dear moi,
You are Lelouch Lamperouge.

“I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to a slow death.”

Martyr
At night, you may PM vonFiedler with “Night X - Martyr USER”. USER’s night actions will target you. When you have 9 points, you hook all negative actions.

~Of the way we were~

Dear Da Letter El,
You are Jigo.

“These days, there are angry ghosts all around us - dead from wars, sickness, starvation - and nobody cares. So you say you're under a curse? So what? So's the whole damn world.”

Rogue
At night, you may PM vonFiedler with “Night X - Rogue USER”. If any member of USER’s faction tries to kill you, the attempt will fail and you will learn of it. This cannot work on the same faction two nights in a row. When you have 9 points you cannot affected be any harmful action.

Not a great start for the village! But with such a short AB game, you can bet that everyone allied right? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Looks like some folks have some splainin' to do!

It is now Day 2. Deadline is in 48 hours.

Have a nice tragedy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)