XY UU Beta Discussion (Read post #32)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaiho

bandy legged troll
Medichamite seems pretty viable in OU if you ask me. The thing hits so hard, I end up 2HKOing 2 Pokemon before Medicham gets KOd itself.
Especially with High Jump Kick
M-Medicham is viable OU, but that is not what this vote was for. This vote was to see what was thought to be overpowered in UU, and has nothing to do with OU at all.

I am very surprised on staraptor. I really did not think it was that good. But yeah terrakion just wrecks, I still cannot believe it dropped from OU.Deserving of the ban.

I am very surprised on staraptor. I really did not think it was that good. But yeah terrakion just wrecks, I still cannot believe it dropped from OU.Deserving of the ban.
reckless brave bird hits like a ridiculous truck

it's really hard to take out without strong priority...

edit: also wtf is chandelure doing on the chopping block o_O or more interestingly, how did it even get 2 votes? more votes than friggin haxorus?!

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
re: Chandelure - The way we're doing this is that any senate member can nominate anything they want and then we all vote, and RT wanted Chandelure up for voting.

re: # of votes for a ban - Six. Normally a tie goes towads keeping the Pokemon in the tier, but not under this system.

Medichamite seems pretty viable in OU if you ask me. The thing hits so hard, I end up 2HKOing 2 Pokemon before Medicham gets KOd itself.
Especially with High Jump Kick
A lot of stuff in UU is viable in OU, people just don't use them enough. Hell, half the stuff in the OU viability ranking thread is UU.

And yeah Mega Medicham is a nuke, it just plows through everything, I'm surprised it didn't get banned.

Scarfed Staraptor is a lot harder to revenge kill.
I always used cb and it was a lot of fun. Great wall breaker. I didn't really think it was op especially because bravebird/Double-edge reckless recoil was a pain and does help with revenge killing. Bisharp being gone does give it a little more freedom though, and it's only really hard core counters are mega aggron and like metagross. It was fun to use while it lasted, and I'll be sad to see him go

I wish people would read the posts linked in the OP.

Anyway, a few more things just got sent to BL now that the vote has concluded.

Here's the list of the items we voted on and the total of "ban" votes out of 12.

Chandelure - 2
Chansey - 2
Diggersby - 3
Gardevoirite - 5
Haxorus - 1
Hydreigon - 3
Jirachi - 3
Keldeo - 1
Medichamite - 5
Knock Off - 3
Staraptor - 10
Terrakion - 11
Wobbuffet - 12

So Wobbuffet was banned unanimously, Terrakion and Staraptor nearly so, and Medichamite and Gardevoirite were barely spared.

Expect the next round of bans in about a week or a week and a half.

That is all.
Does Knock Off really have the potential to get banned? I think you'd have a hard time convincing me that it's broken, or truly unhealthy for the metagame.

Seriously, only three votes for Knock Off? That's shit's like if every time you got hit with Scald also Chaos came to your house and punched you in the dick.

Staraptor being BL three generations in a row is impressive as fuck, though. I'm glad the Birdemic is over; the first time I ran into a Scarfraptor it killed half my team before dying to Brave Bird recoil, and I immediately put a Doublade on my team.

Does Knock Off really have the potential to get banned? I think you'd have a hard time convincing me that it's broken, or truly unhealthy for the metagame.
It's the strongest Dark-type move, and it's pretty game-changing since every Pokemon holds an item while few don't get great benefits from it.
I think banning an entire move is pretty iffy as well, but you never know. It really is that good.

IMO, Knock Off isnt all it's cracked up to be. Its still the same move it's always been just with a little Umph to it. The only pokemon who are scary with it, is crawdaunt, bisharp(RIP), Escavlier(to a certain extent). Just now it has a slight boost, but still low base power after the item is gone. The loss of item is still the same. Especially when the pokemon using it, other than the one's I listed, arent using it for power.

I'd say Mega ABsol is quite scary, and it can have Knock Off, if people would stop using the bad SD+Play Rough set, tbh.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Terrakion ban was justified (geddit?) That thing could tear sh*t up. I just abused the LO set I posted a couple of pages back and it was really good. Definitely see why it was banned.

Dissapointed Staraptor got the boot, but it was pretty easy to wear down most of its checks and counters with stuff like Terrakion and Mega Manectric. (not to mention M-Manectric and Staraptor formed a great VoltTurn core) Guess I'll give Crobat or Braviary a try in its place.

And to end this, AV Empoleon is amazing. Bisharp leaving was/is a big boon for the set and the lack of Terrakion and Staraptor will only aid this. Give it a shot.

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Staraptor is forever cursed to dwell in BL y/n

Not too surprised on these bans as Terrakion and Staraptor are just too stronk for UU as of now, and on top of that Terrakion shouldn't have ever dropped to begin with. Wobbuffet is just really fucking annoying and therefor a ban of it is always welcome (still waiting on OU banning Klefki for being an annoying piece of crap). Idk but the tier seems pretty clean right now, there's a couple of really strong mons still but they come with enough disadvantages to not be utterly broken. I think I'll be testing Mega Gardevoir and Mega Medicham soon to form more of a good opinion on them.

knock off is gay but eventually it's still weaker than night slash. it's probably like scald: gay ass move that can shit over everything that comes in, but not in the slightest bit broken at all.

interesting to see some pokemon like diggersby and chandelure (wtf?) on the chopping block though. how bad is wobbs anyway @_@ i've used it a few times, but it seems really underwhelming, and i've barely seen anyone else use it...

Are you sure that lando, terrakion and deoxys-d are banned? I don't think that's not implemented in showdown yet. 'Cause everytime I play uu i get crushed by Lando!

For a replacement Bisharp, I was looking into maybe using a Defiant Empoleon set. It does get Knock Off, albeit without STAB, however, the lack of Iron Head makes this a pretty shit idea. Though Empoleon, defensively, does have a better typing.

As for all these bans, I do feel as though most of them were pretty good, less threats to deal with, etc., but some I'm a little iffy about. Like Wobbuffet, Deoxys-d and Scolipede, mostly. I do understand why they'd be discussed, but I do feel perhaps we were too hasty to kick them. Though, again, I'm not complaining. I am, however, extremely surprised Mega Medicham is still lurking about, especially when I felt that bitch was the most OP bar the obvious Lando, Stara and Terra.

Mudkip727 Pokemon Showdown takes a little whle to update ith bans and such. Next time it restarts, hwoever, you won't have to put up with OP shenanigans of Landorus-I, Staraptor and terrakion. Thankfully. :)

Hmm im surprised wobb got the axe, but gothitelle didnt. Just interesting is all.

Staraptor going isnt too surprising. Im not really too happy on terrakion tbough tbh.

As for cbandy im completely surprised. I know that ghosylt stab got buffed this gen, but you have chansey, snorlax and houndoom to take its attacks with ease. I find if a good check to mega cham and mega gardevoir especially with the scarf set.

Is hail available right now with Kyurem-N? I don't know how Obamasnow is doing in UU, but free hail makes blizzard spam much more fun, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)