Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Critical hits are hitting for way too much damage (like 4 or 5 times the normal amount). For example, I was battling a Cloyster using Icicle Spear, and the damage was as follows: 9%, 8%, 9%, 48%, 9%.
Shouldn't the critical hit have been somewhere around 18%?
This happens a lot, in various battles, both for me and against me. This is a pretty major glitch, guys.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Critical hits ignore both the attacker's offensive drops and target's defensive boosts. For instance, a -2 Atk Cloyster attacking a +2 def Scizor would hit ignoring its offensive drops and the Scizor's defensive boost if it crits. If you could provide a replay of what you're describing happening that is irrespective of the rules I just mentioned, that could help.

Minor glitch involving what I assume is only shiny Mega formes. In this battle, my Mega Scizor became shiny after sending him in after the opponent's shiny Mega Scizor was out.

Edit: After going into more battles, my Scizor always turns shiny when mega evolving.

My friend messaged me while I was chatting in the VGC room today. He wanted me to test a glitch out with him; by providing me his login information, he wanted me to log into him while he was logged in. It appears that quite a few had done so already, but I went ahead and did it. In result, all of our computers were, what you could say, linked; we were all him, able to talk, indistinguishable from one another. In fact, one of us had started a Random Battle, and since we were all him, we could all decide what moves to make. It seemed fun at first, but then it got out of hand.
I got tired of it and signed out of his account and signed into mine. What I didn't know was that I was also signing everyone else's computer into my account as well; the changing of accounts happened frequently soon afterwards, and the only way it stopped was by closing out of Showdown.
EDIT: Alright, I wasn't aware. A room mod had me post this just in case.

Last edited:
My friend messaged me while I was chatting in the VGC room today. He wanted me to test a glitch out with him; by providing me his login information, he wanted me to log into him while he was logged in. It appears that quite a few had done so already, but I went ahead and did it. In result, all of our computers were, what you could say, linked; we were all him, able to talk, indistinguishable from one another. In fact, one of us had started a Random Battle, and since we were all him, we could all decide what moves to make. It seemed fun at first, but then it got out of hand.
I got tired of it and signed out of his account and signed into mine. What I didn't know was that I was also signing everyone else's computer into my account as well; the changing of accounts happened frequently soon afterwards, and the only way it stopped was by closing out of Showdown.
That's not a bug. It's a feature.
Needless to say that you are not supposed to log into other people's account.

Affected Move:
Ally Switch

Observed Effect:
It just...never works, so it's pretty much as broken as broken can be. Attempting to use it at all results in a plain 'But it Failed' message no matter the conditions.

Correct Effect:
In game it'll always work with a +1 priority. If you are in a triple battle you'll be prompted to select the intended Pokemon to be switching places with, in Doubles it will automatically switch places with your partner, furthermore Ally Switch can not be blocked by a Protecting partner, it'll always work unless you've been Taunted..

It works that way in-game too. Foul Play will also calculate its damage using the ability and item of the user rather than the opponent.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When Magnet Rise's 5 turns have played out, the message "POKEMON's electromagnetism wore off!" successfully shows up in the text log, but the display of Magnet Rise in the stat boost area continues to be displayed on the Pokemon until it faints.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Hi there,

for the past couple of days my Highlights have been very weird and been resetting themselves to the highlights I had previously on.
I add highlights and delete highlights but whenever I log off and back on they revert back to the old list.
Was wondering if anyone could help me.
Thanks

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Affected Move:
Ally Switch

Observed Effect:
It just...never works, so it's pretty much as broken as broken can be. Attempting to use it at all results in a plain 'But it Failed' message no matter the conditions.

Correct Effect:
In game it'll always work with a +1 priority. If you are in a triple battle you'll be prompted to select the intended Pokemon to be switching places with, in Doubles it will automatically switch places with your partner, furthermore Ally Switch can not be blocked by a Protecting partner, it'll always work unless you've been Taunted..
Fairy Lock is too. Some moves are just not implemented yet. Ally Switch is almost done anyway.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-85987899
Prankster provides a +1 priority to non-attacking moves such as will o wisp right?
On turn 36 I decided to use will o wisp with my sableye to burn the opposing Diggersby (Sableye having prankster), however the priority did not kick in and instead somehow Diggersby went first while using earthquake, a non-priority move
Is this a glitch or am I missing something?
-note that regardless of Deoxys-D 's EV and IV spread, it would still outspeed my uninvested sableye in turn 30, proving that the will o wisp had priority throughout the majority of the battle and thus my sableye had prankster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)