Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eviolite Slowbro.
"Uh, dude, you know that Slowbro doesn't evolve right?"
"Yea he does. Slowking."
"..."

A Rotom-W with Confuse Ray threw me for a loop. I never even considered using it on him, and given that hardly any pokemon are immune to Confuse Ray (Compared to T-Wave, Toxic, and Will-o-Wisp), it's certainly a viable choice. I still ended up winning, but it gave me some trouble.

I was facing a contrary shuckle who was shell smashing himself to immortality this morning. Luckily my slowbro still had a scarf to trick onto the bastard.

I saw a scarf slowbro once o_o

the guy fucking tricked it onto my shuckel
I have to admit, the fact that these two posts came one after another is hilarious.

Anyway, I was playing ubers about a month ago, and I found a guy with a team that included the following.

Goomy
Giga Impact Charizard
Hyper Beam Megazor

Battle 1: swept him with e-killer arceus

Then he rechallenged me and asked me to use an easier team, I gave him some basic team building advice (for starters he replaced Goomy with Arceus)

Battle 2: Used my gen 5 NU rain team and swept him with specs Gorebyss

Still a bit much, so I used my LC team that involves gems like WP Nosepass and WP Tirtouga, and he made plays like having Arceus use e-speed, EQ and sludge bomb, respectively on my LO Gastly only to die to it, get walled by protect-subs Torchic, and eventually swept, yes swept, by WP flail Tirtouga.

It took about 3 more matches before he had an ubers team that could defeat this monster of an LC team.

I faced a team consisting of Thundy-I, Klefki, Liepard, Sableye, Murkrow, and Purrloin. On the OU suspect ladder.

ಠ_ಠ

Need I say more?

I survived (narrowly)
I fought him too. Got him down to Liepard and Purrloin and then took them both down one after another with MegaLuke's Vacuum Wave.

But not before he KOd my Lando-I and other stuff solely with swagger >_> Lucky for me I had a Specs Ro-dub to also be immune to T-wave.

Umm, calm minding Clefable with meteor mash. It also had moonblast, but still...when is meteor mash good on a Clefable in general, let alone a CM set.

Regirock with iron defense / lock on / zap cannon / rest. It used lock on, then rest. Then it woke up from chesto, hit with zap cannon, then used lock on, then used rest again. O_O

Roar Skarm with lum berry.

Probably other things but I can't remember right now.

Do silly people count as well for this? Just fought a guy who seemed to hate standardness. All well and good, the catch is that he started complaining about my sets before the battle even started. Funny dude, he said he had just started Gen 6 and hadn't been in the meta since Gen 4, but already apparently knew every pokemon's set on my team (including the oh so overused Mega-Manectric) and deemed them all completely unoriginal. Cue his own Toxic Stall Gliscor and SD Aegislash, lol.

Other silly things I saw while testing a new team today: Dragon Tail Char-Y, Air Cutter Scizor, and Marowak.

EDIT: Just saw an Ice Beam Azumarill. Did about 70% to my offensive Lando-T, lol.

Last edited:
Just saw some guy repeatedly spamming Fire Blast with Ninetales on a Softboiled-spamming Clefable. This would be reasonable if not for the fact that Fire Blast only did roughly 47% damage each time.

(I know the following is Ubers, not OU, but it's still incredibly hilarious.)
Xerneas uses Geomancy, Power Herb activates. Typical start. Until...

Xerneas used Megahorn! (What is the point...)

Even better still, Xerneas uses Close Combat. On an Aegislash. That already got a turn to switch.

Amusingly enough, Scarf Deoxys-S with Trick is actually decent. If it didn't have trick though, then yeah that's stupid.
It can come in on ScarfChomp and kill it with ice beam. Same goes for scarfed flygon,landorus-T, or landorus. So even without trick it can do work.

Random Shit volume 23: Volumes 1-22 are in the old thread Edition
-Overcoat Cloyster with Shell Smash. That's different.
-Giga Drain Forretress.
-Aegislash that did not appear to have a Ghost STAB. Instead, it decided to spam Sacred Sword against Volcarona.
-Curse Cofagrigus. Even better, it killed itself doing that.
-Dark Pulse Drapion.
-Alakazam using Psychic on said Drapion.
-Bulk Up non-mega Lucario.
-Attract Klefki. But the one time it didn't immobilize the opponent (Volcarona), it went down. Hard.
-Whimsicott Taunting a Greninja it had already Encored into Dark Pulse.
-Payback Ambipom.
-Dazzling Gleam Mega Banette.
-A team consisting of Rock Climb Scolipede, Roar X-zard, Aguav Berry Swampert, Gyarados with Scald, Surf, and Aqua Tail, Frustration+Memento Gardevoir, and Meganium.
-Non Magic Guard Alakazam. It also had Thunderpunch.
-Umbreon using Mean Look, Confide, and Charm (4th move was Rest) against... a Contrary+Infestation Shuckle. Let the stall war begin.
-Thundershock+Rain Dance Rotom-W. On the same team as Y-zard.
-Clamperl. Seriously.
-Simple Beam+Flash Genesect.
-Combusken.
-The lineups are far from the worst of this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-85236339

View attachment 8616

Spectated this if memory serves. Just...
Give him a break, it was secretly Zoroark...

This thread needs more replays. Time to post some classics to get them started:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-18082523 <-- Gastrodon sweep, caused by spamming water moves on Gastrodon. Opponent had an eeveelutions team, most things had moves like Overheat and Hyper Beam.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-30012130 <-- Pin Missile Jolteon, Ninetales with no sun, Mega Drain Breloom, Bite Glaceon, Dragonite with Focus Punch and no sub

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oucurrent-35840923 <-- Everything with random levels. Quick claw Dynamic Punch Raichu. Ninetales with no sun.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-38357145 <-- When will he learn? Spore/Focus Punch sweep. Took 3 dead things for him to think to switch to his Ghost...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/phoenixleague-ou-4393 <-- Tries to toxic my Scizor 3x while I set up on him...

Plenty more where this came from...

I faced a team consisting of Thundy-I, Klefki, Liepard, Sableye, Murkrow, and Purrloin. On the OU suspect ladder.

ಠ_ಠ

Need I say more?
Dude, I faced this guys too!!! Except it was on OU Suspect. He got really lucky, making me kill most my pokes, but then he swaggered my Entei, who wasn't so happy to be confused and swept almost his whole team with +2 choice banded E-speed. Thank goodness for +2 priority

I saw a guy with a team consisting of the following.
  • Fling Chansey w/ Poke Ball (i'd calc it, but the calculator doesn't have poke ball)
  • standard belly drum azumarill...with choice band
  • a heatran that couldn't take a regular lucario's aura sphere
  • physically offensive stabless celebi
  • defensive aegislash
  • #speciallyoffensivetrevenant
Looked like a normal team, and turned out to be unexplainably idiotic.

Do silly people count as well for this? Just fought a guy who seemed to hate standardness. All well and good, the catch is that he started complaining about my sets before the battle even started. Funny dude, he said he had just started Gen 6 and hadn't been in the meta since Gen 4, but already apparently knew every pokemon's set on my team (including the oh so overused Mega-Manectric) and deemed them all completely unoriginal. Cue his own Toxic Stall Gliscor and SD Aegislash, lol.
Reminds me of this bright soul from /vp/...

It can come in on ScarfChomp and kill it with ice beam. Same goes for scarfed flygon,landorus-T, or landorus. So even without trick it can do work.
Thing is though, Deoxys-S can do all that WITHOUT a scarf. It's that fast.
I once faced a team of Air Balloon everything. Now, this was a while ago, and stuff that were already flying/Levitating had it.....

Air Balloon Rotom-Wash is the new Meta.
He's just terrified of Mold Breaker Excadrill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)