Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the Donphan ranting, I thought I had accidentally clicked on the viability ranking thread. Please stop now before this becomes the new topic of discussion. As bad as Donphan is, it's still "OU" so it shouldn't be considered "silly" when you see it considering the other stories in this thread.
Donphan is UU and was rejected from getting an OU analysis.

Off topicness out of the way, someone was using Focus Blast on Azumarill. When I asked him why, he said that he prefered using it to Superpower because of the stat drop....and didn't care about Azu's terrible Sp.Atk.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, but it looks like the Scarf is kinda the real kicker here. Greninja is already fast and a special Scarf set even isn't considered viable. Physical Scarf is just laughable. Question: did the Greninja at least have Protean?
Yeah, it did. :P

Also, physical greninja of all kinds is dumb as fuck and not even gimmicky, it's straight up unviable.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dig ninjask..... Enough said. Funny thing was he got to +3 attack and still couldnt kill my offensive mega manectric.
+3 252 Atk Ninjask Earthquake (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 408-480 (145.1 - 170.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

How? Unless it's a negative nature, lacks any EVs, and has an IV of 0, it should kill Manectric, always. :|

+3 252 Atk Ninjask Earthquake (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 408-480 (145.1 - 170.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

How? Unless it's a negative nature, lacks any EVs, and has an IV of 0, it should kill Manectric, always. :|
Well, this is "Silly Things You've Seen on the OU Ladder," so a Ninjask without EVs doesn't sound impossible.

Random Shit volume 24: I Should be Partying Edition
-Payback Chandelure.
-Greninja using Power-up Punch when it already had +6 Attack courtesy of BellyPass from Smeargle. Oh, and it was against a Weezing.
-Life Orb Hitmonchan. Okay, it might be viable in a lower tier, but probably not in OU.
-Flash Fire Ninetales.
-Tyranitar failing to understand what Air Balloon does. Against the aforementioned Ninetales, no less.
-Weakness Policy Blissey with Thunder. And both Wish and Softboiled.
-Genesect with Normal Techno Blast.
-Victreebel with Sunny Day, Solarbeam, and Giga Drain.
-Destiny Bond Aegislash. And it actually worked.
-Psychic Klefki.
-Body Slam+Counter Forretress.
-Endeavor Scolipede? I didn't know it could learn that.
-Apicot Berry+Roost Hawlucha.
-Espurr.
-Using Superpower on a Sableye.
-Dragon Dance+Draco Meteor Haxorus.
-Wut? http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-85649384
-Forretress exploding on a Trevenant.
-Dragon Dance+3 special attacks Y-zard. And it continued to set up on a TR Reuniclus.
-Bulk Up+Energy Ball Breloom.
-Egg Bomb+Block Blissey.
-Endeavor Donphan. Sturdy did not trip.
-Non Magic Guard Alakazam.
-Feint Attack Umbreon.
-Waterfall+Scald Kingdra.
-Flame Body Talonflame that managed to burn a Garchomp that used Dragon Claw on it.
-Frost Breath+Focus Punch Beartic. No word on whether or not it had Substitute.
-Purely special Salamence.

I'm just gonna stop posting in this thread because I'm dummy. Continue as you were!
Amending this statement to "I'm no longer answering people's questions".

This is a train wreck.

Carvanha on one team, and a team of all pokemon capable of mega-evolving... Most of which aren't too common otherwise. Notably Mawile.
Full of misplays and silliness as well. Fly Charizard-Y. Keeping him in and using fly while badly poisoned. Good job.

EDIT: oh, and focus punch Snorlax. Without sub.

It's that guy again.

Can't think of a better illustration of how anticompetitive prankster swagger is though.

I saw him on the Suspect ladder too. Please don't tell me, he's trying to get voting reqs with a Swagger team
The sad part is it's gonna work because trying to fight through it without an infiltrator mon is an exercise in extreme frustration. Trying to stall out swagger PP doesn't work when there's 6 of them. :|

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
I saw him on normal ladder. I just spammed switch out and recovery moves. First time I've ever seen someone who uses that bullshit ragequit lol.
I've faced that guy on the normal ladder, I didn't ragequit, but I had to leave to help move something, and didn't get back in time :/

I am going to post my own recent experience. Upon laddering with a new alt, I encountered an Alakazam that Tricked me a Sticky Barb and a Charge Beam Blissey with Wise Glasses.

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
Well, I have seen SubCM Blissey, which made me laugh.....

Seems like those sets are more seen on specially based pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)