Destroying like a Bear, Shining like an Omastar

hello guys, I have a team that is pretty good, it's an hyper offensive team, featuring 2 great and powerful pokémons: Ursaring and Omastar. I'm not really a fan of Hyper Offense, but I tried to make an HO team, and I really liked it :D

The Team

Ursaring

Ursaring (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Ursaring is the sweeper of the team, after setting up a swords dance, few things won't fear it. Most of the times, it makes a sweep then dies due to the toxic poison, but can take out 3 or more pokémon before it dies.
Facade is the main STAB, it is a very powerful move, with 140 BP when toxic orb has activated.
Close Combat takes care of steel and rock types that think they will be safe from Ursaring's rage.
Crunch is for ghosts that are immune to the other 2 moves.
Swords Dance is to try a sweep when Ursaring forces a switch, at +2, Ursaring has ridiculous power and even if something can survive a hit and take Ursaring out, it will be so weakened that the other team members can finish it easily.

Arcanine

Arcanine (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

Arcanine is a physical attacker that hits extremely hard and has a great ability on intimidate, what can save my team when there are any powerful physical attackers on opponent's team
Flare Blitz, of course, is the main STAB and hits many opponents heavily, with LO it gets even better.
Close Combat hits the rock types, and is a powerful fighting type move and has no recoil, so I can use it to take out steel types without all that recoil damage.
Extreme Speed is great, 80BP priority move and I couldn't use Arcanine without using it, priority saves your life many times.
Morning Sun is to heal after all that recoil, I could use Wild Charge to hit water types, but Arcanine is very useful so I don't want it to faint so easily.

Heracross

Heracross (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

This Heracross is different from other ones, it isn't Scarf, it isn't Moxie, it isn't fast..... It is an Assault Vest Heracross! Assault Vest is one of my favorite items so far, and I wanted to test this thing out, and I used Guts so I can have a status absorber.
Close Combat and Megahorn are obvious decisions, they are the STABs and they are very good STABs, Close Combat for Steel and Rock types, Megahorn for the Psychic and Grass types.
Knock Off not only gives some coverage, but also gives support for the team, by taking out the opponent's item.
Stone Edge is to hit flying types that resist both Close Combat and Megahorn.

Azelf

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt

Azelf is my lead, and for a good reason, it's fast and powerful.
Stealth Rock is to set some hazards and get safer OHKO's with my attackers.
Psychic is the main STAB attacking move.
Thunderbolt is to hit common defoggers like empoleon and flying types, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or take out for another move, as it doesn't give me so much coverage.
Taunt is to stop opposing leads and supporters from setting hazards up and to prevent defoggers from stopping my hazards.

Nidoking

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Nidoking is my scarfer, with 85 base speed, it's far from being the fastest thing, but it has many coverage moves and has good power with sheer force boosted moves.
Earth Power and Sludge Wave, are the STABs and hits the opponents very hard with sheer force, Earth Power for Rock and Steel types, Sludge Wave for Grass and Fairy types.
Ice Beam takes care of dragons and flying types.
Fire Blast is mostly used to hit things 4x weak to it, or sometimes against teams that doesn't have many fire resistances.

Omastar

Omastar (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Omastar is really good and I used it so much in 5th gen RU that I decided to use him on this team. It usually comes in after Azelf fainting and then tries to sweep early.
Shell Smash is an amazing move, and Omastar hits extremely hard after using it.
Surf is the STAB move and is there because I hate Hydro Pump's accuracy and still hits very hard.
Ice Beam is to hit the Grass types and Dragon types that resist Surf.
Earth Power has good coverage with Surf and Ice beam and hits opposing water types harder than them, it's not super effective, but I think if I would use Hidden Power Grass it would be very weak because of the hidden power nerf.

If you want a bulky heracross, why not use mega-heracross? You don't have a mega after all, and it would do the same thing but with more offensive presence.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team you have here n_n I do have a few suggestions though:

I honestly do not get the point in using Assault Vest Heracross, Assault Vest Scrafty, Metagross, and Escavalier utilize the item much better than Heracross :( For this reason, I suggest that you just switch it to traditional MoxieCross as it is surprisingly still good in this metagame and cleans up well late-game. Also, you don't need Guts on it since you already have a status absorber in Ursaring, so Moxie is the better ability to use here. This is the set I recommend:

Heracross @ Choice Scarf | Moxie
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Jolly
Close Combat / Megahorn / Stone Edge / Knock Off

With that said, Nidoking should now be the standard Life Orb set. I was never a fan of Scarf Nidoking, seeing how it doesn't have the power to really break all the common cores it needs to, and Heracross is at the same Speed tier as Nidoking so you're not losing out on much by replacing it. Also, I don't really like Fire Blast on Nidoking, since it's pretty redundant with its other moves and offers no extended synergy, which is why I would use Focus Blast instead, as it can hit Chansey and Snorlax pretty hard as well. Here is the set:

Nidoking @ Life Orb | Sheer Force
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Earth Power / Sludge Wave / Ice Beam / Focus Blast

Also, I second White Herb > Focus Sash on Omastar. It is bulky enough to take a moderate hit and proceed to set up, and the fact that you have no way of removing hazards and already have another lead in Azelf makes Focus Sash a much inferior choice.

I hope you found my suggestions to be suitable Nickoopa, good luck with your team! ^.^

I have my own two cents to give.

1. Ursaring--clever idea, it's basically an abridged double-dancing set thanks to Quick Feet. You could try Bulk Up and Guts if you wanted, but I think your set works fine.
2. Arcanine--I know this is supposed to be HO but the physically defensive set would work well here. Will-o-Wisp also makes it easier for your frail sweepers to take on physical attacks. If you want more details here, please let me know.
3. Heracross-totally unexpected set. I would keep all the moves the same, but change the EV spread to 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SpD with either an Adamant or Careful nature. This allows you to make the most of the 1.5x multiplier from the Assault Vest.
4. Azelf and Nidoking- I am going to suggest a bigger change here. Nidoking does not have the wall breaking power to be an effective cleaner, so I am going to suggest that Nidoking reverts to a lead set and that Azelf gets replaced by a different Scarfer.

Option I to replace Azelf:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Iron Head
-Trick
-U-turn
-Zen Headbutt/Healing Wish/Fire Punch (although Jirachi's move pool is huge; you'd find something)

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Trick
-Earthquake

Jirachi has the advantages of better speed, U-turn, and Healing Wish, while Metagross is much stronger. I slightly prefer Jirachi here, but it's your call.

Then I suggest replacing Nidoking's current set with:

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe or 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Hasty
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Sucker Punch

Nidoking now has the royal honor of setting up rocks. It can now hit hard(er) while being able to switch moves. Earth Power and Sludge Wave are both very powerful and have great coverage and accuracy, so they are must-uses. The last slot is a toss-up, and depends on personal preferences and what you replace Azelf with. Ice Beam is an option for bulky Grounds as it was before. Focus Blast was Rohail's idea entirely and I agree with his reasoning. Finally, Sucker Punch serves as a nasty surprise if you want to pick off frail Psychic types.

5. Omastar- consider White Herb > Focus Sash unless you try to fit Defog somewhere.

Overall good team. Let me know what you think of this feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)