Kyurem-B in Compay ft FWG Core

Hello, there ladies and gents and welcome to another RMT. Well, for today I’m show casing another Balanced OU Team with a FWG Core trying keep that intact because it really works well in todays metagame. I’ve had Great Success with this team while still climbing the ladders I think I’m at 1375 right now on an ALT Name. So without further ado here’s the team.

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss, Replaced Chesnaght for several reason one is to have a Regenerating FWG Core, this set is Ripped right form the Smog Magazine. Alli can say is that this thing does its job extremely well and not to metion stops Mixed Aegislash in it tracks. Also, like in in the smog "One of the fundamental issues with using Assault Vest is the complete lack of recovery options, making many users of such an item succumb to the effects of wear and tear; however, Amoonguss is one of the few that can alleviate this flaw with Regenerator."

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Next, on our list he have Heatran, there not much to say about Heatran because well he Heatran and doesn’t really need Explaining lol. But he is my SR/Phazer cuz no one likes things that just set-up and Baton Pass to another threat. Lava Plume for Stab Earth Power to deal with opposing heatrans, SR for Entry Hazards and Roar for Phasing. One, of my Checks to talonflame, Anciet Power cuz It hit Mr. Flame hard and Generally Gliscor and Kyurem can take care of the Opposing Heatrans

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Next up, the Hax God himself Jirachi, I went with Rachi>Sect cuz of the Serene Grace and Flinching someone to death is always the LOL’S Plus genescet can go to hell. But as for move Iron Head for stab, Ice Punch to Outspeed dragon Locked into Outrage, U-Turn for Scouting and It a toss-up between the last 2 cuz IDK Which one more beneficial right now Im, going with Fire Punch to Catch that Genesect that wanna lead off against me

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Aerial Ace

Next up the newest addition to the team, we had mandibuzz here but I found out that Gliscor was just a better fit having that electric Immune really help and can somewhat check Luke W/ OUT Ice Punch. Went with defog cuz Entry Hazard and Sticky web really suck especially for Kyurem-B which is my wall breaker. So Defog to clear hazards, eq for stab, roost for longevity and Taunt to stop set-up Sweepers. Added Aerial Ace to Hit Conk who is a Problem for my team

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 56 HP / 200 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Next up my Wall Breaker. The Reason i chose Kyurem over any other one of his dragon Brethren is cause he is Unpredictable of what it want to do as it can be Choice, Mixed, Defensive and the Variant that I’m using. Moves, Sub is for the Obvious Avoid Status and Proceed to wreck face, BoltBeam for Coverage and Stab, and Earth Power so Heatran doesn’t proceed to wall me and Roar me out

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 120 SDef / 252 HP / 44 Spd / 92 Def
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Rotom-W What can't i say about him it prolly MVP On the team 9/10 I Lead with Rotom cause he can handle 8/10 most common lead that I’ve seen on showdown. I also went with Rotom to handle Kyurem-B Counter Which and Most Physical atker as i can Wisp them and Cut their Strength in Half. Rotom also is another member part of the VoltTurn Core. Moves, Hydro and Volt Switch are Stabs, Pain Split for Wear and Tear and Will-O-Wisp to cut those Physical Atkers down to Size and Help Kyurem -B Sweep

Mega Mawile- Once this Thing gets behind a Sub it a wrap Play Rough and Sucker Punch KO My team if Gliscor goes down.

Mega-Medicham-This thing is a Threat Period
Mega-Charizard-X - If it has EQ Well its a wrap cuz he a fierce DD Sweeper
Talonfalme- Just because it Talonflame. BB Wreck my Entire team if Rotom and Gliscor go down other than that just gotta have good Predections.

Last edited:
urrr not sire how much this help but why is your team except jirachi. Running leftovers. Banded kyu-b hits like a freight train. Specs heatrans a boss. And the other three need leftovers.

urrr not sire how much this help but why is your team except jirachi. Running leftovers. Banded kyu-b hits like a freight train. Specs heatrans a boss. And the other three need leftovers.
L/E Spam is just more Beneficial in the role half the team is playing. Rotom-W as i could run ChestRest i feel Pain Split is just more Viliable. Spec'd Heatran is good but as my only Phazer i wouldnt like to have pokes get free switches on him. Kyurem-B I Felt need leftie cuz Sub and Gaining health is always the Best IMO. ATM ive Revamped the FWG Core so until testing is complete The FWG Core may change w/ diffrent items

Mixed Kyurem-B sounds like a cool idea, and it is, but the banded set is much more better.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head

If you REALLY want to run the Mixed set, though, give him LO. He's gonna want to do deadly damage, and LO kind of helps that especially since he's your wallbreaker.

The standard Kyurem-B set in the Smogon analysis is Sub + 3 Attacks and it holds Leftovers. I know from experience how bulky Kyurem-B can be, throw in Substitute to absorb status and he becomes able to consistently break through his common switch ins after two attacks, which Substitute allows him to have against slower opponents. After that, Substitute allows him to tear down defences without worrying about potential revenge killers. Seriously, Substitute is well worth it over Choice Band.

Ok. sorry. Its really hard to type on mobile devices y'know. But other than that pimpin team xD
Thanks for that it's really not that hard lol

Mixed Kyurem-B sounds like a cool idea, and it is, but the banded set is much more better.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head

If you REALLY want to run the Mixed set, though, give him LO. He's gonna want to do deadly damage, and LO kind of helps that especially since he's your wallbreaker.
I tested CB Kyu-B the mixed set to me was just more benificial. Like Mitchell said the sub 3 atks protect Kyu-b from status and revenge killing to its common switch ins. LO + Sub is not good at all cuz losing health behind a sub isn't good plus Kyu-b already has monsterus atk stat and a sub par SpA stat that LO isn't really needed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)