Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be better to use 252 HP or 252 Speed with this moveset (252 Atk standard)?
Regenerator
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-EQ
-Roost

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Would it be better to use 252 HP or 252 Speed with this moveset (252 Atk standard)?
Regenerator
-Sacred Fire
-Brave Bird
-EQ
-Roost
Either can work really, generally you want to invest in HP to make use of Ho-Oh's bulk. I'd only recommend going Jolly Max Speed for CB Ho-Oh to compensate for power loss. Also, use 248 HP instead of 252 - 248 gives you an odd number of HP that allows Ho-Oh an additional switch into SR if necessary.

Since you can't store items with Pokebank (*shakes fist in anger*), how would I go about saving my Blazikenite in the event that I would like to restart my X file?

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
The best thing I can think of right now is trading it to another game and then trading it back after you restart your own game. It's a tried and true method :P

Since Mewtwo uber analysis is nowhere to be found... what is the best nature/spread for standard BU Mewtwo X? I looked up the usage stats and most people seem to be using Jolly 6 hp / 252 atk / 252 spe, but I'm not sure... wouldn't this set benefit from more bulk?

Nah you don't need the bulk, bulk up lets you setup on things easily enouhgh. you want the punch to be able to wear down checks like bulky fairies and KO ho-oh after rocks.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since Mewtwo uber analysis is nowhere to be found... what is the best nature/spread for standard BU Mewtwo X? I looked up the usage stats and most people seem to be using Jolly 6 hp / 252 atk / 252 spe, but I'm not sure... wouldn't this set benefit from more bulk?
252spe is mandatory since it's too important to not hit which leaves you with 256evs and it really depends on what benchmark you want to hit. I'd ev it enough to ko xern at +1 with poison jab. I personally don't agree with edge quake since fight/ground give really redundant coverage with the only thing eq hits is aegis lol. I'd rather use poison jab/low kick/stone edge since although aegis hard walls you, xerneas which is one of the most common switchins get nailed instead which is a fair trade imo.

What would be the best nature for a mixed dragon dance rayquaza? Using the gen 5 analyses, Mild or Rash seem to be the natures of choice. Would these natures be viable for a Doubles-oriented rayquaza? if not, which natures are? thanks :) By the way, I do not have access to V-Create. So it's out of the question. I'm RNGing it in HGSS.

Last edited:

Haruno

What would be the best nature for a mixed dragon dance rayquaza? Using the gen 5 analyses, Mild or Rash seem to be the natures of choice. Would these natures be viable for a Doubles-oriented rayquaza? if not, which natures are? thanks :) By the way, I do not have access to V-Create. So it's out of the question. I'm RNGing it in HGSS.
Hasty/Naive. Running a +spe nature is far too important for rayquaza since being outsped by positive base 90's unboosted and being outsped by positive base 90 scarfers is far too huge to pass up.

Hasty/Naive. Running a +spe nature is far too important for rayquaza since being outsped by positive base 90's unboosted and being outsped by positive base 90 scarfers is far too huge to pass up.
I was originally considering those, but I hear the loss of power is pretty great. My reasoning for using a +offensive stat nature was because I would try to add tailwind support, possibly. But hasty/naive for a more independent dragon dance rayquaza then?

Do you really need the +speed nature? Most of the scarfers that you'll play will be slower because they furun neutral (zekrom/kyogre) or will outspeed anyways. (Genesect)

252spe is mandatory since it's too important to not hit which leaves you with 256evs and it really depends on what benchmark you want to hit. I'd ev it enough to ko xern at +1 with poison jab. I personally don't agree with edge quake since fight/ground give really redundant coverage with the only thing eq hits is aegis lol. I'd rather use poison jab/low kick/stone edge since although aegis hard walls you, xerneas which is one of the most common switchins get nailed instead which is a fair trade imo.
+1 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 152 Def Xerneas: 312-368 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 152 Def Xerneas: 312-368 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 152 Def Xerneas: 312-368 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Mega Mewtwo X Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 152 Def Xerneas: 312-368 (79.3 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
As far as I know, offensive Xerneas hasn't EVs on Defense.

Last edited:
As far as I know, offensive Xerneas hasn't EVs on Defense.
Yes, it runs 152 Def / 252 SpA / 104 Spe, it's all it needs to outspeed Scarf Terrakion. All other Speed EVs are pretty much wasted, so they're dumped into Defense to take BP + Iron Head + Gyro Ball.

Haruno

Do you really need the +speed nature? Most of the scarfers that you'll play will be slower because they furun neutral (zekrom/kyogre) or will outspeed anyways. (Genesect)
Being outsped by arceus/darkrai/skymin/opposing mewtwo is a very big deal.

What would be a good replacement move for Low Kick IN a Kabutops Uber set, since the alternative is breeding it out in a previous gen?

Haruno

neutral speed scarf xerneas outruns those guys though oO
er ignore my previous post. Thought you were talking about mewtwo for some reason, derp.

Having positive speed is important to outspeed opposing scarfers since having positive base 90 scarfers outspeed and hit you obscenely hard isn't a good idea at all seeing how popular ogre/krom are. I use just enough to speed creep those while putting the rest in atk/spa.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
dumb question, is there a reason to use Hidden Power Ground on Xerneas? I know some of the onsite sets have Hidden Power Fire as an option to hit Aegislash, but would Hidden Power Ground be a decent substitute?

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
dumb question, is there a reason to use Hidden Power Ground on Xerneas? I know some of the onsite sets have Hidden Power Fire as an option to hit Aegislash, but would Hidden Power Ground be a decent substitute?
HP Fire also covers Scizor who is really annoying. HP Fire can also be boosted by sun if you have Groudon on your team. HP Ground is only really better for Heatran but he dies to Focus Blast anyway.

Yeah if you're gonna use a hidden power move (and you should), use HP fire to OHKO scizor, ferrothorn and genesect which all can OHKO you if u don't OHKO them first. Also does like 55% to aegislash which is very helpful.

A lot of people use focus blast instead but that doesn't even deserve to be called a move.

In addition to the above reasons to use hp fire there's also the ability to hit shedinja which I've seen recently being used to counter Xerneas. It's a small bonus but anything helps

Been thinking of using Staraptor in Ubers.I know it's not good enough for the tier,but it does hit pretty hard thanks to reckless and base 120 atk and has access to decent movepool.While one may think it's outclassed by stuff like Ho-oh and even Talonflame,I believe it has its niche in being faster(in case of Ho-oh) and having more attack(incase of Talonflame),although it's clearly not better than Ho-oh,but it still does seem not totally obsolete.What do you guys think of it?And what could be good team synergies for it (if there are some)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)