SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am Wonder Trading 4-5 IV Icy Snow Scatterbugs, I hope noobs actually check IVs and/or evolve the Scatterbugs before they toss them out. :( I nicknamed some of them "4 IV" or "5 IV" to lessen the chances.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
You can never really know but I have taken to checking most things that come off wonder trade if they have good movesets and/or are rare.

Most of the time I spit them straight back out into the wider world to get something else. At the moment I am catching things from my fairly decent friend safari's and passing those around to people less fortunate. At least they are getting something "okay" as opposed to crap like Lv 2 bunnelbys and the like. If I do get those in return I tend to just get rid of them straight away :| Also: I send out all my breeding fodder out via wondertrade too. I even have 2 boxes of just Foriegn Pokemon and a Box for stuff which I might want to breed later.

The best thing i've got so far is probably a Corphish with Swords Dance/Aqua Jet/Superpower and 4 IV's.

I've received a lot of Eevees lately on WT, but some of my cooler pokes were just guys that I don't have access to, so for people like me getting things like Houndour and Chikorita and Beldum were cool. I did get a few viable guys though, like a couple Gale Wings Fletchlings, a 5 IV (missing defense) Jolly Speed Boost Venipede, a Japanese Curse Bulbasaur, Baton Pass Speed Boost Torchic, and two egg move Chicmars, one with Iron Fist and one just Blaze. I got some guys with nice IVs that I wasn't interested in, for instance a 4 IV Adamant Hawlucha that I'll probably never use, but I have been pleasantly surprised overall with some of the nicer things I've gotten. And considering my WTs are all 4-5 IV spitbacks of whatever I'm breeding, I feel overall like it's a unique and fun way to get rid of extras.

I am Wonder Trading 4-5 IV Icy Snow Scatterbugs, I hope noobs actually check IVs and/or evolve the Scatterbugs before they toss them out. :( I nicknamed some of them "4 IV" or "5 IV" to lessen the chances.
I´m wonder trading my Monsoon pattern as Lv. 13-15 Vivillon with Pokerus and now I mark them with the six symbols for every 31 stat, just to avoid such nasty nicknames because a lot of guys seem to not like that. I hope someone out there likes them as well :) Maybe our Vivillons will meet each other :D

By the way: Please just release all the silly Pokemon like Lv 2 Bunnelby if you have at least access to 2-3 IV FriendSafari Pokemon. It just doesn´t feel right to not give them freedom. Maybe they get better IVs if they jump freely in the grass ;)

I wonder trade all my breeding rejects, which usually have 2-4 Pefect Ivs, Eggs moves and Hidden Ability. I now have 3 boxes filled with pokemon with good Ivs I get off Wonder Trade. I also trade Pokemon like Jellicent and Porygon, which are only available through transfer. All the crudmons I get, I release so someone else doesn't get them. I think Imma good Wonder Trader.

If anyone on these forums received a 2-4IV Shellder with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast, you're welcome ;) I can breed 5IV Shellder, but I choose not to for WT. I'll breed like 10 or so as to not make them worthless (like Froakie in a way)
Update: I just realized I have a box full of Litwick from when I tried getting a 5Iv one (And I had some Japanese 5Iv one already, I think XD) so later I'm going to WT all of them, maybe throw in my shiny Shellder (I have a 5IV one and a 6IV Ditto, so I can Masuda a 5IV Shiny lol)
Update: Well I unleashed my horde of Liwick upon the world, let's see what I have...
5IV Infiltrator Litwick (Yes I made sure I Wonder Traded it, I got another back XD)
Tepig
A FREAKN KYUREM
Fennekin
A 5IV Scatterbug (WAT)
Cottonee
Ralts (The one you get from Dianthia post game)
Adamant HA Chespin with Synthesis. (sweet.)

That's about it, most of the others are either unmarked (don't want to check the IVS) or wild (I thought this kinda thing stopped >_>)

Last edited:
Funny story. I've been trying to get a Gale Wings Fletchling from wonder trade for a while now, but I was able to luck out and nab one from the GTS. Only 1 perfect EV, sadly. So I did my breeding, generated my spitbacks, and sent them off. Got two Gale Wings Fletchlings back. Very weird.

Brace yourselves.
I just got..*drumroll*
A EV trained Shiny Lvl 100 Adamant Flygon With 31/30/31/31/31/30 IVs.
And it's female, which means breeding shenanigans.
And it's from the Unova Region.
It's OT is "Shiny".
Seriously.
<333
EDIT:
I talked to the guy and he said it was "your shiny now."
Which means it wasn't a mistake.
..!!!

Last edited:
You know you can use those little markings in the bottom of the screen to mark off what IVs they have instead of nicknaming them, just a suggestion

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You know you can use those little markings in the bottom of the screen to mark off what IVs they have instead of nicknaming them, just a suggestion
Yes I know of them. People don't pay attention to those much in my experience, especially the 8 year olds. They just see "ew random route 2 Scatterbug" and either trade it again (not a bad proposition) or release it which I want to decrease the chances of since the pattern is rare as well.

I'm trying to be nice on wonder trade this week. I wonder-traded my Zygarde who I wasn't going to use anyway, my shiny gyarados from soulsilver, and a shiny Pikachu. If only one of those 4-5 IV Icysnow Scatterbugs came my way :(

Yes I know of them. People don't pay attention to those much in my experience, especially the 8 year olds. They just see "ew random route 2 Scatterbug" and either trade it again (not a bad proposition) or release it which I want to decrease the chances of since the pattern is rare as well.
If you read my previous post, I said that I got a 5IV Scatterbug. It was Japanese though, and I don't get rid of something unless it's wild (Yes I check that) or I have enough if it already. Anyway, I have a LOT of Froakie to Wonder Trade, I'll document what I got later ;)

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was so exicited when i saw this intill i noticed something weird:

Draumaka. Jolly. Female. 31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31. Inner Focus

For those who dont know, inner focus is its dw ability, meaning it can only evolve onto a zen mode darmatitan. Otherwise ive had great stuff, 3 5IV eevees, 5IV whismur, 4iv goomy

My friend and I caught 6 derps, wondertraded them, and then had a battle with the results. I haven't checked the IVs of what I got yet but it looks like I got a bunch of breeding rejects. All lv1: Fennekin, Helioptile, Absol, Swirlix, Azuril, Zigzagoon.

I've been wondertrading my 4-5 IV spitbacks and also just HA safari Pokés to collect trainer IDs. Every day I go to Lumiose and get a PP Up or PP Max. I have about 5 boxes of foreign trainer IDs.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The best thing I've gotten from Wonder Trade was a Timid japanese male perfect (well 31/x/31/31/31/31) Gastly... just hours after I bred my own. haha

I guess I should WT more, I mean someone might actually like some of the 4 IV mons I have. :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)