Pokemon and their Pokeballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets talk about pokeballs. Specifically, lets talk about which pokeballs best complement a particular pokemon. With the advent of the 6th generation of Pokemon games, female pokemon were granted the ability to pass their pokeballs onto their offspring when bred. This new mechanic has made it possible to breed perfect pokemon while retaining the pokeball the mother was caught in. From an aesthetic standpoint, some pokemon look so much better coming out of a certain pokeball.

Here are some of my favorites:

Greninja: Net Ball

• The Net Ball is one of two special pokeballs for Water-type pokemon. Its dark blue color and black net striping meshes well with Greninja's ninja aesthetic, making it much more suitable than the Dive Ball.

Tyranitar: Dusk Ball

• The Dusk Ball complements Tyranitar's color scheme very well. The green and black colors along with the purple lighting when the pokeball is thrown is perfect for Tyranitar.
Absol: Premier ball

• The pure white coloring looks perfect on the disaster pokemon. The red central lining complements Absol's crimson eyes very well.
Mewtwo: Master Ball

• Personally, I think that this is the only pokeball Mewtwo should be caught in. These two were made for each other. The master Ball's color scheme, theme and status as the best pokeball available is perfect for one of the best pokemon ever.
What are some of your favorite pokemon and pokeball combinations?

Well, there are only three balls that have effects other than capture. The heal ball, which heals a mon caught and sent to party. Also, the friend ball, which increases the friendship of a caught mon. Then there is the luxury ball, which has a lingering effect of increasing positive friendship gains.

So yeah, I choose the luxury ball for my breeding projects, because I want mine to be the best possible.
However, when I'm catching a mon just because I want it, I usually use the repeat ball. My Pokédex is full enough so that the repeat ball is generally a direct upgrade over the ultra ball.

Of course, I do agree that the master ball was designed for Mewtwo.

If it wasn't for availability and catch rates:

Latias: Heal Ball
Latios: Great Ball or Dive Ball
Munna/Musharna: Dream ball
Blaziken/Flareon/Other red/orange Pokemon: Cherish Ball
White Pokemon: Premier Ball
Shiny Absol: Regular Pokeball.
Ho-oh and Lugia: GS Ball
Giratina: Dusk Ball

Last edited:
Shaymin: Nest Ball
Ho-Oh: Repeat Ball
Rayquaza: Dusk Ball
Electabuzz/Vire/Any electric type: Ultra Ball
Dialga/Metagross: Heavy Ball
Magnezone: Luxury Ball
Heatran: Timer Ball
Suicune: Net Ball/Dive Ball
Sylveon/Any Fairy Type: Heal Ball

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I like to catch Pokemon with the Regenerator ability in a Heal Ball, since it sort of references the Pokemon healing when it returns to the ball. For me, this is stuff like Slowking and Mienshao.

I agree that Mewtwo looks really cool in the Master Ball, but I prefer to catch him in the Premier Ball just because the Premier Ball is my favorite ball in general. And it's a bit of an accomplishment to catch it in something only as strong as a Pokeball.

Timer Balls and Quick Balls also look very cool to me. I don't really have any particular criteria for Pokemon to catch with them, but I do remember catching Heatran with a Quick Ball and Rhydon with a Timer Ball.

Also, even though it doesn't have its own unique animation (at least as far as I know) you can't go wrong with Heavy Ball for Groudon ;)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah I can't wait for pokebank to hit the west so I can breed stuff in the apricorn exclusive balls! some I'm looking forward too...

there's heaps more but a lot of them are just going to be in level balls!

i can see some of the breeders in the wifi section being all over this topic.

some of my favourites though;

gastly, and maybe a few other ghost pokemon look great in a moon ball.
love ball for chansey.
scizor in a fast ball, but they are pretty hard to get.
and yellow pokemon in park balls, which there aren't many of

I really don't like quick balls usually, but my shiny drifloon and its quickball were made for each other.

lucky you, my shiny drifloon is in a standard pokeball

these are a couple of my favorites so far

the main reason i want pokebank to release is so i can get pokemon with egg moves in stuff other than regular pokeballs lol.
also agree with net ball for greninja. i'm currently breeding for one.

also really love

even those it doesn't fit until he mega evolves

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there! ♥ I've never posted in Orange Islands before, but this thread in particular caught my interest and I thought I would add something to it!

Bisharp / Luxury Ball
Cranidos / Heavy Ball
Musharna / Dream Ball
Monferno / Fast Ball
Kyogre / Great Ball

I find that all 5 of these Pokemon match perfectly with the shown PokeBalls. Kyogre might look odd in a Great Ball due to the difficulty of catching it in one being quite obvious, but the colors match nonetheless! :)

I love to match Pokemon with specific Pokeballs. Below are some examples of things I've caught and the balls they're in.

(Event, obviously)

(I normally hate UltraBalls; this is the exception)

(I really wish Park Balls were obtainable so I could RNG a shiny)
(that'd be so nice)

I want one of these:

I was going to post Kyogre/GreatBall (he was made for it), but Goddess Briyella beat me to it. Was anyone else disappointed that X&Y didn't introduce new Balls? I know I was.

Last edited:
I used to catch Dialga in a Timer Ball just to see that clock animation whenever he comes out. Also, the Quick Ball is made for Xerneas. It's blue, and the yellow part (the color of Xerneas' horn) forms an X around the button. Other than that, Dusk Ball for Giratina/Yveltal/Darkrai. That darkness animation is awesome to watch.

And yes, Mewtwo is the raison d'etre for Master Balls. Purple, with an initial M carved onto it, and being the ultimate... In fact I just call them Mewtwo Balls.

(I don't know how to put the Pokemon's and Balls' images in a post. Would have written more if I did.)

I thought Galvantula looked nice in a Quick Ball, especially after seeing it in somebody's trade thread. But blue =/= purple. Then I tried catching it with a Net Ball and fell in love because the net that comes out of the ball looks exactly like a spider web. But then I used a Heal Ball, which is actually purple and yellow in-game and that totally sealed the deal for me.

Also, Dive Ball > Net Ball for Greninja. Net Ball is meant for something you'd actually catch with a net (ie. Fish). The color scheme of the Dive Ball also greatly complements the Froakie (all shades of blue + white). It also has a nice little splash effect for when Greninja comes out, which makes a whole lot of sense for a Water-type Pokemon. Unlike Net Ball which just spews out white stuff.

Personally, I think that Greninja should be in a Dive Ball
Chesnaught in Nest Ball
Delphox in a standard Pokeball

Keeping Delphox in a standard ball is not only classic but it also is the only ball that purely matches it's color scheme

MDK said:
Delphox in a standard Pokeball
Nah, I feel that Delphox looks great in a luxury ball

Here are some of the pokes which I love in special balls-

normally, I'm not a fan of ultra balls either, but I guess this is one exception... and the only pokeball which I thought would fit diggersby

Friend ball would have really been nice imo, but dive ball looks really good too. After all, the dragonite family ARE more or less water dwelling. But unfortunately, you can't get an HA pokemon in apricorn balls..

looks pretty good in a dusk ball IMO. Fits its dark colors as well

What do you guys think?

Pikachu = Standard Pokéball
Tyrantrum = Luxury Ball
Alakazam = Luxury Ball

I just wish I had the patience to customize the pokéball AT ALL :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)