Other PranksterSwag Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about all these niche checks that aren't nearly on a lot of teams. You're just justifying everyone's points even more with every statement you make and replays you show.

^Your avatar reminds me of something else useful against these teams.

Magnezone:

1. Immune to Twave
2. Can trap/eliminate Klefki on one of those teams which aren't all swagger users
3. Takes absolutely pitiful damage from Foul Play and confusion, due to its high defense and almost nonexistent atk. (use 0 atk iv's)
4. Can set up a sub to prevent Ditto/additional swaggers

True, but after all it is quite usless in the very offensive metagame we have, unless you absolutly want to trap klefi/skarmory

Apart from the luck aspect, SwagPlay absolutely makes the game not fun. While I ageee that SwagPlay has its competitive value in OU and isn't completely mindless and uncompetitive, it makes the OU metagame not fun at all. This is largely due to Klefki which is so damn hard to kill. Are we actually allowing such a strategy that discourages people from playing pokemon? I know that making a metagame not fun and deterring individuals from playing in a metagame are also aspects for banning. I have not played in OU after facing several of them despite usually not losing as facing such teams are just boring and frustrating. People have been complaining and raging to get this strategy banned. While I don't care much about it, it would be nice to see it banned.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please read the OP (and the rules of this forum). The purpose of this thread is not to discuss whether swagplay should be banned or not, but to find strategies that work against it. A discussion on the possibility of banning these moves in combination with prankster will probably follow in the next few weeks. Don't derail the thread or you'll be infracted, thanks.

Mandibuzz is definitely a great check to prankster teams.

The set I run is the standard Impish 252 hp/252 def with the following moves:

Roost
Whirlwind
Knock Off
Toxic

Basically all you have to do is knock off their lefties and then play the waiting game. If they put themselves behind a sub, whirlwind it away and they just spend a quarter of their health on nothing. If it isn't klefki, use toxic and stall it out when they go for a swagger. A great benefit is that even if the opponent packs a ditto, a +6 mandibuzz still isn't doing shit; especially scarfed.

Unless you face sableye and he uses taunt to shut you down same with thundorus
That is true. But if they go for the taunt first, then you are guaranteed to knock their leftovers off at the least.

Also remember if they are packing taunt then they are missing either substitute or a status move, which makes them more manageable for other pokemon.

You can't run taunt/foul play/swagger/substitute and thunder wave or will o wisp. Sableye will always pack recover as well so it is less of an annoyance.

Last edited:
Most of pransker parafusion users haven't taunt, they actually run foulplay/thunderwave/substitute/swagger, if they don't they lost in efficiency. Sableye lacks thunderwaves but insead of using taunt, i think it will use wow or recover ( always in the case of parafusion team ). Then mandibuzz is a good check, since it's rly useful in the current meta too

Well since my entire post was deleted instead of just the off topic part, guess I'll just post the ontopic part here again: I recently encountered a swagplay Klefki and downed it with my specially defensive Heatran. I tend to think it's the best option for swagplay in general since Heatran seems to fit on so many more teams than Sylveon or Clefable. It takes very little from confusion, foul play is only a chance to 6HKO with the leftovers and Heatran can actually maul Klefki unlike the fairies (Sylveon and Clefable).

The simple answer is NOT to break the sub, or try to attack.

Switch between two pokes that don't care about paralysis and can shrug off foul play damage.

Eventually your enemy will run out of PP and will struggle.

Chansey and Blissey are pretty much impossible to kill with the usual Swagger + Substitute + Foul Play + Thunder Wave Klefki, for what it's worth. Chansey is probably the sole reason why I'm able to reliably avoid a hax defeat when someone tries to throw a swagger Klefki against my uber team. Also note that Chansey and Blissey can do realistic damage back with Seismic Toss on those turns when it isn't immobilized.

Note that having 0 IVs or 31 IVs in Attack on Chansey makes a dramatic difference when dealing with a maximum strength Foul Play:

+6 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 22-27 (3.4 - 4.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever (0 Atk IVs on Chansey)
+6 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 69-82 (10.7 - 12.7%) -- possible 8HKO (31 Atk IVs on Chansey)

+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 11-13 (1.5 - 1.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever (also 0 Atk)

Blissey arguably does even better in a practical sense. Because of leftovers healing 6.25% damage per turn, at +2, confusion and Foul Play won't even break past Blissey's passive healing. At +6, though Blissey technically takes more Foul Play damage than Chansey, with Leftovers it actually ends up with more net health per turn despite taking more damage per strike:

(all 3 examples assume 0 Atk IVs, as +6 Foul play does something like 20% with 31 IVs.)
0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 13-16 (1.9 - 2.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 6 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 26-31 (3.9 - 4.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+6 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 51-61 (7.8 - 9.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

In both cases, you have to be stun-locked for about 20 turns in a row to be unable to get a Softboiled in (and if you're getting stunned that much, Klefki is in real danger of losing a PP stall war). Also note that Ditto gains absolutely nothing from transforming into a +6 Atk Chansey/Blissey either.

The nice part about Chansey/Blissey is that they're actually useful in the metagame and will pull their weight even if you don't come across a Prankster Swagger pokemon. It's still possible for the non-Klefki versions to annoy them somewhat with Taunt (though they give up Thunder Wave to do this), but they're still more reliable than the majority of Pranksterswag counters out there.

Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Trait: No Guard
-Sheer Cold

:3
Ah yes, the classic "No Hit KO" Espeon set from the GSC era. Which totally exists. While I commend you for the research you've done, this sadly cannot work against a prankster swagger which will, as I've said, bypass speed boosts.

= Butrly, Espeon only works if you use it as a switch-in to bounce a swagger back that was intended for a different pokemon. Even then, if they see it on your team, they can always just predict the switch to espeon, set up a sub first, then go for the status.
Yeah, I meant to delve into the mechanics behind that and other such strategies but I had no time..

The simple answer is NOT to break the sub, or try to attack.

Switch between two pokes that don't care about paralysis and can shrug off foul play damage.

Eventually your enemy will run out of PP and will struggle.
And that is when Klefki sets up spikes.

Though if you can get healing through hazards and foul play, like Regenerator, or pokemon that can stay in a turn to Recover/Roost every once in a while, work.

And that is when Klefki sets up spikes.
Chances are, if your opponent is running a SwagPlay set, they will not have room for spikes.

Thunder wave
Swagger
Foul Play
Sub

Running spikes prevents the user from running either sub or thunder wave, which are usually crucial to SwagPlay.

Either way, if they are running spikes, then just switch to a defog user/rapid spinner and spin them out. It usually shouldn't be that difficult.

Chansey and Blissey are pretty much impossible to kill with the usual Swagger + Substitute + Foul Play + Thunder Wave Klefki, for what it's worth. Chansey is probably the sole reason why I'm able to reliably avoid a hax defeat when someone tries to throw a swagger Klefki against my uber team. Also note that Chansey and Blissey can do realistic damage back with Seismic Toss on those turns when it isn't immobilized.

Note that having 0 IVs or 31 IVs in Attack on Chansey makes a dramatic difference when dealing with a maximum strength Foul Play:

+6 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 22-27 (3.4 - 4.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever (0 Atk IVs on Chansey)
+6 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 69-82 (10.7 - 12.7%) -- possible 8HKO (31 Atk IVs on Chansey)

+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 11-13 (1.5 - 1.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever (also 0 Atk)

Blissey arguably does even better in a practical sense. Because of leftovers healing 6.25% damage per turn, at +2, confusion and Foul Play won't even break past Blissey's passive healing. At +6, though Blissey technically takes more Foul Play damage than Chansey, with Leftovers it actually ends up with more net health per turn despite taking more damage per strike:

(all 3 examples assume 0 Atk IVs, as +6 Foul play does something like 20% with 31 IVs.)
0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 13-16 (1.9 - 2.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 6 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 26-31 (3.9 - 4.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+6 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 51-61 (7.8 - 9.3%) -- possibly the worst move ever

In both cases, you have to be stun-locked for about 20 turns in a row to be unable to get a Softboiled in (and if you're getting stunned that much, Klefki is in real danger of losing a PP stall war). Also note that Ditto gains absolutely nothing from transforming into a +6 Atk Chansey/Blissey either.

The nice part about Chansey/Blissey is that they're actually useful in the metagame and will pull their weight even if you don't come across a Prankster Swagger pokemon. It's still possible for the non-Klefki versions to annoy them somewhat with Taunt (though they give up Thunder Wave to do this), but they're still more reliable than the majority of Pranksterswag counters out there.
lel

I use mono-subswag and I've found the easiest way to eliminate chansey/blissey or anything with very low attack is to use perish trap murkrow. If you can mean look them and perish song, and stay alive for 2 turns and switch out chansey/blissey is dead

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Now that lucario is banned, it's time to move onto the next thing on the list which is coballion to take its place. Coballion like lucario wrecks shit like clefable/blobs/fairies in general that swagprankster struggles with. With access to iron head, volt switch, taunt, stealth rock, close combat, and volt switch, you can tailor pick the set you need to destroy what you view as the most problematic problems to swagplay teams.

cobalion is honestly not that good, the most reliable way to deal with swagplay is just to run a ground/electric type with low attack

or something with magic bounce

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
cobalion is honestly not that good, the most reliable way to deal with swagplay is just to run a ground/electric type with low attack

or something with magic bounce
Coballion is used in conjunction with swagplay to remove shit that normally checks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)