"Worst Kalos Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm gonna get a lot and I mean A LOT of hate for this but my most hated Kalos Pokémon has got to be Tyrantrum just for the pure fact that the dude is overrated as fuck I mean for crying out who hasn't heard of a fanboy jizz their pants over a T-Rex. Also competitively he's not good either since imo Dragon Dance still doesn't help his slow ass speed and like has a great physical defense but can't make use for it since it can't go defensive/supportive and like every other Pokémon with great defense, they have a shitty/no special defense (I'm looking at you Cloyster) and vice versa so I dies to a lot of special anyways. Also I like "WTF is that thing?" when I first saw Tyrantrum.
I fluctuate between liking Tyrantrum's design and thinking it looks strange myself. Tyrantrum wouldn't look so dumb if he didn't have that weird razorwire beard thing.

I think that Vivillon wasn't really necessary, unless butterfly-like Pokémon are really popular. They aren't very useful.
There's always going to be an early 3-stage Bug type with a worm phase, a cocoon phase and a bug phase, and Vivillion is actually a pretty cool one IMO. The different patterns depending on where you are is a really neat idea, plus it has acceptable SpA/Spd for an early Poke as well as Compound Eyes Hurricane boosted by Quiver Dance. It's not gonna be tearing up OU any time soon, but as obligatory bugs go, it's one of the better ones.

There's always going to be an early 3-stage Bug type with a worm phase, a cocoon phase and a bug phase, and Vivillion is actually a pretty cool one IMO. The different patterns depending on where you are is a really neat idea, plus it has acceptable SpA/Spd for an early Poke as well as Compound Eyes Hurricane boosted by Quiver Dance. It's not gonna be tearing up OU any time soon, but as obligatory bugs go, it's one of the better ones.
I sort of view Vivillon as "Venomoth 1.1." It sacrifices its defenses for more HP (HP is 80, which is quite useful actually) and it has a unique trait in Compound Eyes + STAB Hurricane. Definitely one of the better "beginning bugs." Obviously it won't be a part of the higher tiers, but I can definitely see it seeing use at the lower tiers.

Vivillon is the best early-game bug Gamefreak has EVER made. Great stats for level 12 and a great level up movepool make it a wonderful earlygame mon, while QD + Compoundeyes Hurricane makes it usable later on, PLUS even once you're done with the main game, it's still important due to all those different patterns. Welll done, GF, well done

As for the absolute worst design, my vote goes to Aromatisse. I never said i disliked a mon, but this thing wins the award hands down. A freaking hooker bird, seriously? It's not cool (as Barbacle), not badass (as Zygarde), neither cute (as Klefki). It's nothing but distrurbing.

Vivillon is the best early-game bug Gamefreak has EVER made. Great stats for level 12 and a great level up movepool make it a wonderful earlygame mon, while QD + Compoundeyes Hurricane makes it usable later on, PLUS even once you're done with the main game, it's still important due to all those different patterns. Welll done, GF, well done
Again, people just love to rip Pokemon for "not being original" or some stupid reasons like that. Vivillon is a Pokemon that does these things right: good stats (even for competitive standards), a unique combination of moves, and a little trait in the patterns that make it all more relevant and interesting. I definitely agree with the best starter bug statement, but alas, back to the negativity motif.

I honestly think Aromatisse is one of my favorite designs across all gens precisely because of how strange it looks. It's like a combination between a drag queen and a trauma doctor and it basically begs to be named Priscilla or Frank N. Furter or something. :P

I really don't like dragalge, also, aegislash would have been 1000 times cooler (but maybe 1000 times worse) if it was a haunted knight holding a honedge so, missd opportunity there

I really don't like dragalge, also, aegislash would have been 1000 times cooler (but maybe 1000 times worse) if it was a haunted knight holding a honedge so, missd opportunity there
I see your point, but honestly I think that would have been overdesign. People already complain about "object" pokémon, think about "humanoid" pokémon.

(Design)I'll jump on the Barbaracle boat. Aromatisse gets off because of the origin actually being pretty well thought out. Avalugg want' very good, but the main reason I don't like it is because of how disappointing it is compared to super cute Bergmite.(Design)

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Why exactly? Honedge's line held its theme pretty consistently throughout its evolutionary stages, and a pair of blades suddenly evolving into an actual human-like form wielding a blade would have been... really in left field.

I don't like Aromatisse much not because of anything instinctively wrong to it's design alone, but because Spritzee looked like it was gonna become some awesome plague doctor bird thing and then we got can can dancer. I dunno, that's just me

and yeah fuck dedenne

I'd be fine with Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist if it only had one form.
They are difficult for me to tell apart by looks alone, it makes it way too different from its Trevenant counterpart, only one size can have Insomnia, and I'm unable to ask for a specific form on GTS.

They are difficult for me to tell apart by looks alone, it makes it way too different from its Trevenant counterpart, only one size can have Insomnia, and I'm unable to ask for a specific form on GTS.
That to me says that the sizes need to be better handled - there should be a better way to tell it's size and you should be able to specify and get them all with their HA.

IIRC the new Mystery Gift allows Pumpkaboo XL to have it's HA... But why you would want it is another question altogether. Frisk OP ^^

Pokemon x and y brought many good pokemon to the metagame and I'd have to say that one of the worst would be Diancie, it just isn't really that good in my opinion and of what I've used of it, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)