Challenge The Orange League - Pokeathlon 2 (Deadline 2/21/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Art by Kadew)
Welcome everyone to Round 4! If you're new to the Orange League, check out this thread. But without any further ado, let's get into the next challenge!

~*Challenge*~
Last round's challenge was a smash hit (no pun intended) so we decided to a bit of an encore round by having another Pokeathlon challenge! All that time you spent catching Pokemon and using Aprijuice won't go to waste just yet; for all you Pokeathlon fans, this is your second chance!

This round, we're doing something very silly and fun: Snow Throw! Whoever gets the highest score on this challenge wins!

(picture taken from Serebii)

Rules and Guidelines:
1. Pokemon HeartGold or Pokemon SoulSilver versions.
2. Please do not submit past scores: go out and get a new one.
3. No glitch abuse, cheats, save state abuse, RNG manipulation, screenshot manipulation, submitting someone else's score as your own, etc. If we have solid reason to believe you have cheated you WILL be permanently disqualified from this round and all future rounds, as well as have your name stricken from the leader board. Also, Hulavuta will cry.
4. No sign-ups required, but posting on this topic if you're interested in competing would be appreciated.
5. All submissions must be in by 11:59PM EST on February 21th, 2014.
6. In the unlikely event of a tie, the person who submitted their score first will win.

Submitting:

Start a Conversation with TheOrangeLeague and send us photographic (screenshots or camera photos) proof of your streak. You can submit as many times as you want.

You can find your score on the bottom screen when the challenge is over. Please do not take a screenshot of the scores in the "Potential" room. The reason for this is to avoid people submitting past scores.

Tips:

1. Enter the Skill Challenge to play this game, as it is the first game in it.
2. Since the challenge itself doesn't take long, make sure you take your time to increase your Pokemon's skills.
3. Increase your Pokemon's Power and Skill stats to enhance performance in this game.
4. Try not to break the touch screen.

If you have any further questions, first refer to the main topic. If that fails, then contact either Hulavuta or Jimera0 via forum conversation or in #orangeislands.

Good luck everyone, and have fun!

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
p sure I'm able to get 70 hits semi-reliably if i remember correctly (3 points per hit, certain i maxed at 200 several times)

shame my current hgss is at azalea in progress or i'd give it a go

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Highest score as in Snow Throw points or Pokéathlon points (which caps at 200)?

Preferably the former.

In at any rate. Time to see if I can go one better from the last time this was in the OL.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When I clicked the link, I deeply feared it was Pennant Capture. I am glad this is not the case. Go Osaka the Slowking!

I'm definitely in for this. I've hit 200 consistently since I found a great strategy, but I haven't done the Pokeathlon in some time, so it's time to get back into the games again. See if my strategy still works. My only issue is getting a screenshot. I think once as well, I scored some 90 hits. It's foggy in memory, but I'll check.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow that deadline came up fast, been meaning to do this all week! what time exactly is the deadline? I'll be aiming for a very last minute submission should have learnt from last time and submitted earlier

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
wow that deadline came up fast, been meaning to do this all week! what time exactly is the deadline? I'll be aiming for a very last minute submission should have learnt from last time and submitted earlier
It's 11:59 PM in my time, which is about 27 hours from now. Good luck!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so for anyone going off AEST that's 3pm tomorrow! sweet I should be able to scrape something together by then

I used this team in my Supreme Skill Cup:
Ninetales: 3/1/5/2/3
Meganium: 2/3/5/5/2
Latios: 4/4/5/1/5
My last record was 93. Don't ask how. This time, I got 81 (maxed at 200. First try back in it; going for another round. Expect an update).

Last edited:
Minor spoilers to those here:
As a test run to see if bigger snowballs equals more points, I tried that. Simply put, it still counted as one. It sucked.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
BlazeStarter, in the future you can PM submissions to the OP (TheOrangeLeague) rather than post them in public. It's not a big deal but say if you posted it early in the round, everyone would know exactly what score they need to beat, which would be very disadvantageous for you.

Anyway, here are the scores, glad to see that all 3 of you took advantage of the extra day ;)

-------

In 5th place, we have BlazeStarter who got 79! Nobody should doubt this score.

In 4th, we have cant say who finished with 95!

In the 100 club we have our top 3, all of whom were pretty close, less than 10 points apart from the guy right above.

In 3rd, Zari gets 109 points

In 2nd, Its_A_Random finished with a best of 116

And in first place, we have...

atsync, who got 124, just narrowly winning by 8 points! Congratulations! Make sure to pick up your banner from Stellar.

Finally, for our next round, we're planning on doing a fun XY challenge, you don't want to miss it! See you then!

That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)