Masuda Method (non-shiny charm) and Pokebank Pokemon

So there are some rumors going on about how the non-kalos bred parents don't affect the shiny rate, so I decided to make this thread in order to test it. If you have been following the shiny charm and masuda method thread, it's pretty much the same thing, except no shiny charm. Why no shiny charm, you ask? Well, for one thing, we know that the shiny charm affects the results, so we can't mix shiny charm + no shiny charm results. Secondly, it's not like everyone can get it, so we'll just stick to no shiny charm (sorry you guys in the other thread).

Anyway, here are the rules:

1. Do not post if you have the shiny charm, or are NOT using parents from Kanto-Unova (i.e. you MUST use at least one Pokebank parent)
2. Post a goal (minimum of 30 eggs) and do not stop until that goal is reached. You may have multiple goals, but you must finish one goal before you pledge another one.
3. DO NOT STOP if you have gotten a shiny and have not reached the number of pledged eggs. For example, if you promise to hatch 100 eggs, and you get a shiny sudowoodo on the 5th egg, you must hatch the remaining 95 eggs. Just finish your goal, and then you can stop.

Also, Birdonwheels, if you're reading this, could you also make a spreadsheet for recording the results?

This is a bit upsetting if the data being reported is indeed proving that non-Kalos mons are exempt from MM and Charm. We would essentially need 4 separate research threads to find the ratios for each control/method of breeding, MM+Charm+Kalos hatched, MM+Kalos hatched, MM+Banked, MM+Charm+Banked. Having an unknown variable seemingly pop up in the middle of research pretty much means that all the data has been tainted.

This is a bit upsetting if the data being reported is indeed proving that non-Kalos mons are exempt from MM and Charm. We would essentially need 4 separate research threads to find the ratios for each control/method of breeding, MM+Charm+Kalos hatched, MM+Kalos hatched, MM+Banked, MM+Charm+Banked. Having an unknown variable seemingly pop up in the middle of research pretty much means that all the data has been tainted.
True. Personally, I'd like to believe that bank parents do qualify for MM. Once I got a 6IV Japanese Ditto, I immediately put it in the Day-Care with my Houndoom, and I got a Shiny Houndour after just 10 eggs. Then again, there's really no way to know for sure unless we test it, but my shiny odds are really bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)