Offence (no name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I begin, I must apologize for my english, I'll try my best but I'm too lazy to check it with a translator.

Ok let's start with the building thought process.

Since gen 5 i loved Deo-A as sash lead so I want it in my team
I really needed a much safer lead:
landorus-therian.jpg
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

SR cause it's always good to have them, with so many Ho-oh around. U-Turn is always good to keep momentum, very needed for an offensive team like this. With the newfound buff Knock Off is very useful and also hit hard. EQuake is good as always and coming from 427 Atk is nothing to laugh about. This mon solved my ground weakness and is a very nice check to Zekrom.

Ok now what? Why not a setup sweeper, and nobody is better than this:
xerneas.png
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SAtk / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder

OMG Aromatherapy and Geomancy on the same set? YES! Not everyday is sweep day so let's use this with a little bit of brain.
Thunder OHKO non fully defensive Ho-oh and Focus Miss isn't so needed.
Enough speed to outspeed up to scarf Terrakion at +2, the remaining in physical bulk.

Now I'll need to pack some check/counter to most threatening mons, and no1 is the deer:
aegi.jpg
Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Max attack means that it's actually doing something other than just counter Xerneas. It soft check EKiller and MKahn while countering pink blobs and Ditto (who is no1 answers to GeoXern). 252+ Sneak will serve also to revenge kill weakened stuff.

Time to counter Kyogre:
palkia.jpg
Palkia @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Standard AV Palkia. Jack of all trades, master of some. No need for long description here.

What about countering Ho-oh:
Arceus.png
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment

Another wierd spread, this time to outspeed everything up to max base100. Why? Because Wow need to land before getting hit by MKhan and to pull some unexpected kills on weakened mon. The remaining goes into bulk.
Why roar over defog? Cause I don't like sub and to check EKiller and other setup sweeper. I know I only have SR on a frail mon who isn't set them up more than once, but generally my team is not that hazard weak.

What do I need now? Probably a scarfer:
zekrom.jpg
Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Bolt Strike

Mixed one is the best one IMO. Nothing mch to say about it: revenge killing, gaining momentum, checking Kyogre, Ho-oh, Lugia and being immune to paralisys (top feature for a scarfer) worth him a place in the team.

At a glance:

landorus-therian.jpg xerneas.png aegi.jpg palkia.jpg Arceus.png zekrom.jpg

Importable:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SAtk / 104 Spd / 152 Def
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head

Palkia @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 SAtk / 8 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Bolt Strike

Pro:
- got in top100 with this
- so fun to play with
- can pull some sweet mindtricks
- handle pretty well every offence and balanced team

Cons:
- EQuake weak NO MORE
- suffers heavy stall (looking at you pink blobs) Less than before

Last edited:
Due to you already having a kyogre counter, and with the acsess to many ice type moves, you don't really need zekrom as your scarfed mon. I would definitly recommend scarfed yvetal> zekrom to get rid of that ground weakness. Also it helps counters stalls such as giratina and lugia that could annoy you.

Yveltal isn't the best scarfer, it has u-turn to gain momentum but it won't deals significant damage with it. Foul play and sucker punch are too risky to get locked into. This leave to a moveset of: U-turn | OW | DPulse | FocusMiss. It hasn't the raw power of Zekrom.
Zekrom scares away Kyogre, Ho-oh, Lugia, pink blobs, most Yveltal, Waterceus, MGar and unscarfed dragons bar Dialga.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
nice team, looks kinda weak to ground. I agree with extremespeed7's yveltal idea, but with dark aura sucker punch, you'll get a lot more value out of a set other than scarf. Taunt yveltal will really help you out vs stall as well. Deo-A gets knock off this generation, which got boosted to 65 bp, increased to 97.5 if you knock off their item, so i'd try that over shadow ball. I think aegislash would have more use for some spdef evs to check the dragons and fairies in the tier. It spends most of its time shielding and toxicing anyway. finally, a spread of 248 hp / 164 def / 96 spe timid has 330 spe and 317 def as opposed to your 329 and 315.

yveltal
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Life Orb
EVs: 184 Spd / 88 Atk / 236 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing

Ty for the Arceus spred, changed but with 252hp to get 1 more point out of recover.
About Aegislash: it won't kill standard GeoXern with Head + Sneak with a defensive spread, anyway unboosted 150 sdef is enough to tank a couple of hit and retaliate dealing some damage other than just sit and toxic.
About Knock off i'm a little bit undecided cause I really want maxing out Psycho boost so a special move coverage seems better, I don't know what mon i would rather hit with Knock to kick the item off. I'll try out.
I'll also give a try to both Yveltal's sets over Zek.

Ok after several fails I came up with a solution:
LandoT > DeoA
This guarantee more possibility of keeping up SR while have a ground immunity and no SR weakness (I still don't run Defog).

Last edited:
Yes it is a thing and in extension you should countermeasures to entry hazards on every team unless it's really hyper offensive with a taunt suicide lead. And even though sticky is rare (albeit good) spikes are still existent and you built your team in a way so that many of the mons are bait for klefki/ferro (+no good anti deos lead, aegislash doesn't cut it imo). I would get into a deeper analysis
if I werent on my cell, marint because this team is built in an approach I think is really wrong. Might extent this comment, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)