Media Metalheads Thread III

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can y'all refer me to some solid prog metal bands

just getting into the genre, determined I don't like the sound of opeth or queensryche, do like the sound of kamelot

thanks in advance

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

just getting into the genre, determined I don't like the sound of opeth or queensryche, do like the sound of kamelot

thanks in advance
Brain's kinda dead atm, but uh, Tool, and later Katatonia. Might edit in more once I can think more coherently.

Pain of Salvation, Evergrey, Amorphis, Protest the Hero and The Human Abstract were the ones I thought of. If you liked Opeth, it would've been a lot easier :).

apotheosis, atheist, between the buried and me, the chasm, death (human, individual thought patterns, symbolic), deathspell omega, diabolical masquerade, edge of sanity, fates warning, meshuggah, moonsorrow, negura bunget, the ocean, vektor, whispered

Since SA was mentioned here, I'm throwing this out there.
Didn't know "going back to the roots" meant "doing shitty uninspired power metal with no substance at all".
It's not looking good for the new album.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Finally got around to listening to Hexis, and holy shit, I'm a fucking idiot for waiting so long.

Also, this:

Along the lines of Falloch and Agalloch.

I just saw Amon Amarth in SF last night and it was really goddamn awesome! Last time I saw them they had a designated 35 minute set, this time they played for nearly two hours. My ears/throat/neck/jaw have been recovering all day, hopefully I'll be back at 100% tomorrow.

I just saw Amon Amarth in SF last night and it was really goddamn awesome! Last time I saw them they had a designated 35 minute set, this time they played for nearly two hours. My ears/throat/neck/jaw have been recovering all day, hopefully I'll be back at 100% tomorrow.
Hell yeah, man. I saw them a couple weeks ago. I'm not really a huge fan of the band, but that show was a lot of fun.

Actually, I was more interested in seeing Skeletonwitch, who opened for them (I assume they're still touring together?). Too bad Skeletonwitch's set was so short (at the show I went to, only like 30 minutes). But they kicked a lot of ass when they were up there.

When I heard Skeletonwitch and Enslaved were touring with Amon Amarth, I looked both bands up and wasn't a huge fan due to their vocals. But I have to give them props after seeing them live, they both killed it and amped up the place really well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)