Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Currently trying out a Rain Doubles team that I had used last Generation, and I'm at 200 (will post again when I lose). I'm looking for any suggestions as to how to make this team more effective:

Politoed @ Drizzle
Modest - Choice Scarf
252 Sp. Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
31/2/31/30/31/31 (HP Grass)
Scald - Hidden Power Grass - Ice Beam - Psychic

Obviously, the rain inducer. While maintaining it alive as well as having rain up can prove difficult with an offensive Politoed sometimes, I rely on hitting fast and hard with a Scarfed one in order to maintain it on the field. Scald is my prefered option because I absolutely hate relying on Hydro Pumps accuracy, and the neat burn it can provide is also a bonus. Ice Beam is merely for Grass/Dragon types for the most part, just like Hidden Power Grass is for Ground/Water types. I find myself spamming Scald majority of the time however. Psychic is just a filler that hits Toxicroak hard.

Ludicolo @ Swift Swim
Modest - Life Orb
31/0/31/31/31/31
Scald - Giga Drain - Ice Beam - Protect

I have to say this thing is the MVP of the team, when it attacks and when it doesn't attack. Life Ob boosted anything at that insane speed is absurd, and it is only outsped by 3 Pokemon in the Maison if I recall correctly. Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam are simple coverage moves. Protect has to be the most useful move however. Ludicolo has a typing that plays like a double edged sword. While STAB Giga Drain is neat, getting targeted by Flying/Poison moves is also helpful. The AI's predictability allows Ludicolo's partner to attack while Ludicolo is protected from the obvious Super Effective moves directed at it like Gunk Shots and Hurricanes. This Pineapple is truly a monster.

Scizor @ Technician
Adamant - Scizornite
252 HP - 252 Attack - 4 Special Defense
31/31/31/x/31/31
Swords Dance - Bug Bite - Superpower - Bullet Punch

What would a rain team without Scizor be like? This beast is the only physical response to a threat on my team. Its incredible typing and bulk both after and before Mega Evolving allow it to switch in to a large diversity of attacks such as Leaf Storms, Gunk Shots, Moonblasts, Psychics, Ice Beams, Blizzards, etc. I had tried out an identical Scizor with Leftovers instead of Scizornite until I realized I could just use Mega Scizor instead. Sometimes I miss the small recovery each turn. Anywho, this is the thing that lets me win against opposing weather that isn't Sun, it lets me win against Trick Room teams that pack psychic types like Slowking/Bro, Musharna and such. Scizor is also my immediate response to a change in the weather from Tyranitar and Abomasnow. It's amazing synergy with Ludicolo and Politoed allow me to freely switch in quite a LOT.

Thundurus Therian @ Volt Absorb
Modest - Focus Sash
252 Speed 252 Sp. Attack - 4 HP
31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
Thunder - Hidden Power Ice - Grass Knot - Protect

Thundurus Therian is my response to team that pack bulky things in general as well as electric types. Obvious thunderbolts and thunders at Politoed are obvious.... like my switch into Thundurus Therian. Not much to say about Thundurus. I chose Modest simply because i like the raw Power of STAB boosted Thunders. Focus Sash guarantees this frail thing attacks at least once.

Any suggestions? The team performs well, I'm at 200 wins so far (I've taken a break xD) but I find myself having trouble particularly against Electric type teams because Thundurus's HP Ice/resisted Thunder doesn't do much damage. I also tend to have trouble against Magnezone, Tentacruel and Gyarados. But mostly, against Tyranitar. Not only does he change my weather but Scizor doesnt resist either of his STAB's anymore and Scisor is my greatest response to it.

Just lost with my team at the 213th Battle :/

Here's the video where I lost, I'm not even gunna say anything about it: ZBJG - WWWW - WWW5 - K3Z2.

I'm in the middle of a streak and I wanted to claim this "title" before Jumpman comes in and snatches it up. I haven't posted before now because I'm paranoid that posting will make me lose, but I'm far enough along that I would be okay with a loss. I currently have 500 wins in Super Singles. I'm using the following team:

Togekiss (male) @ Lum Berry (Sweet Dreams)
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Spd
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
- Yawn
- Safeguard
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash

Kangaskhan (female) @ Kangaskhanite (RockEmSockEm)
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Return

Aegislash (female) @ Leftovers (Hylian -> TriumphForks)
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/2
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

My original goal was just to get the Starf Berry. I started developing the team before reading this thread, with the hope of developing the team as independently as possible. Mega Kangaskhan is probably the most outrageously powerful Pokemon to ever be allowed in the OU tier, and I aimed to get the most I could out of it. I realized that putting her as a lead would make her hugely susceptible to status moves or just being knocked out. I also LOVE the move Yawn, and I knew there must be some way to use it to allow MegaKhan that one essential turn to set up. When she's at +2, she's pretty much only going to switch out against Mienshao, Infernape, Terrakion, Virizion, Cobalion, and possible Houndoom and Talonflame if she's low on health; everything else that's coming to mind right now will be outsped and OHKOd by the appropriate move (exceptions are Landorus 1, which is a crappy set, and Tornadus 3, which has a chance to survive Sucker Punch). Since Fighting-types are clearly Khan's Achilles heel, I wanted two Pokemon that could switch in on Fighting moves with no problems.

Togekiss ended up being the perfect choice; his new Fairy-typing means it has a massive 4x resist to Fighting, and Yawn and Safeguard give Khan some amazing set-up opportunities. I didn't want him to be a standard crippler, though. There are some situations where the opponent's lead poses an immediate threat and switching won't be safe. That's where the Special Attack EVs come in; with them, Togekiss can wear down or take out a lot of leads that would otherwise be a problem. I was having problems with Absol 4 (Swagger, Substitute, Punishment, Will-O-Wisp @ Brightpowder); how do you get around the fact that one Brightpowder miss can result in Mega Khan getting smacked with a hugely powerful Punishment? Then I realized that Dazzling Gleam is a clean OHKO. The same strategy is used against Honchkrow 4 (Life Orb Drill Peck is stronger than I'd like and Insomnia blocks Yawn). Volcarona 4 is a massive pain because of its huge bulk, the risk of Flame Body burns, and its ability to use Quiver Dance to outspeed Khan. So my strategy against it involves using Air Slash twice (it will usually Quiver Dance; if it attacks instead, Air Slash 2HKOs), using Yawn while it attacks, letting Kiss faint, and hitting it with Earthquake. Walrein 4 is another potential problem; it has Sleep Talk and I can't risk setting up when it has a 2 in 3 chance of choosing an OHKO move. Instead, I just start a hax war! Lax Incense + OHKO moves + Air Slash's 5% miss rate vs. Serene Grace + 30% flinch rate. I've only faced Walrein 4 leads two or three times, and that strategy has won every time.

I didn't realize how common the AegiKhan pair was among some people in this thread when I developed the team idea, but it also has excellent synergy with Khan. I originally used my in-game Aegislash (EVd in HP and Attack; it had a Sassy nature and like an Atk IV of 2, I think) with Iron Head over Swords Dance. The idea was that Khan should be sweeping and Aegislash should be supporting it, and I just liked the style points for using an in-game mon with bad IVs. I actually got to 149 with that team, but a lot of that was through miracles (e.g. the opponent's Focus Blast/Hypnosis missed at key times). As this team developed, I started realizing Aegislash's amazing potential. It's extremely easy to create set-up opportunities for Aegislash. One strategy I started using a lot was switching between Aegislash and Togekiss to stall out the PP of the opponent's dangerous moves (usually EdgeQuake). Once I've done that, I typically wind up with a Togekiss who still has full health AND its Lum Berry and an Aegislash who's at +6 and has almost full health (after I've used King's Shield to drop their attack against their other coverage move, which is typically crap like Aerial Ace) against two Pokemon. Usually Aegislash can KO the next Pokemon, even in hilarious situations where the opponent has a huge type advantage. One example is Houndoom 4. +6 Shadow Sneak has a decent chance to OHKO, but I don't want to leave it up to chance. Instead, I use King's Shield (it will use Overheat) and use Sacred Sword on the next turn. On the next turn, it will use Sunny Day (presumably because Overheat doesn't OHKO without a crit), meaning I just got a clean OHKO against a Pokemon that has two super-effective types and resists Ghost. This double-switching strategy can slow battles down a lot (especially against stuff like Archeops and Nidoking that run Protect), but it's well worth it to avoid the risk of crits/Rock Slide flinches and come out with a huge advantage.

Another hugely valuable characteristic of Aegislash is that its unboosted Shadow Sneak OHKOs Jynx, who would otherwise be a massive pain with Blizzard freezes and Lovely Kiss. This way, I can just switch Aegislash in on the Fake Out and take it out with Shadow Sneak before it can do anything. Because Aegislash is clearly a Zelda-themed Pokemon, I originally named him Hylian. But after getting the Starf Berry, I realized he was no ordinary Hylian; in fact, this shield/sword thing was the legendary TriumphForks!

This team's synergy is simply incredible. I never thought it would make it this far, but looking back over my battles, it makes sense. I lost five or six times after establishing the sets (all of them before 200); ultimately, knowing what the AI is going to do makes a huge difference, and can turn a huge risk into a trivial win. Mock battles have been really helpful for that, allowing me to devise reliable strategies against otherwise dangerous Pokemon like Gyarados 4, Moltres, and Infernape 4. I have a spreadsheet with every set and what I'll do against it, because every turn is so crucially important and maximizing the team's odds is essential. It's not an easy team to play by any means.

My team certainly has some vulnerabilities. Fire and Electric types are more threatening than most due to the risk of paralysis/burn and the fact that my team lacks resistances against them. Usually they don't OHKO Togekiss without a crit, though (a notable exception is Thundurus 2), so I can set up Safeguard then switch in Kangaskhan and set up (since they don't KO MegaKhan even WITH a crit). That means that, if the opposing Electric-type lead gets a crit on turn 1 AND paralysis on MegaKhan on turn 2, I'm in a lot of trouble. That situation hasn't happened yet, and it's pretty unlikely (1 in 160 chance), especially given the fact that many Electric-types don't even attack me.

Major threats:
Zapdos 2: I hate this thing. Double Team + a resistance to Sacred Sword + Heat Wave is a nightmare for Aegislash. If it has Pressure, I'll just use Yawn and switch to Khan, since I'll usually win even if it does trigger some BrightPowder/Double Team misses. If it has Static, it gets an extra turn to set up Charge Beam/Double Team, which can be a problem. I've only fought it as a lead once and managed to come out on top, but I do consider it a risk.
Thundurus 2: As mentioned before, Choice Specs lets it OHKO Togekiss without a crit; it also has a 56% chance to KO MegaKhan with a crit. The one time I fought it as a lead, it didn't crit or paralyze MegaKhan, so I was able to win easily.
Lati@s 1: I fight this thing SO OFTEN. I once lost against it because BrightPowder made me miss three times in a row, so I'm overly paranoid about it. My strategy against all Lati@s is to use Yawn, which allows me to switch to Aegislash and set up. +4 Shadow Sneak OHKOs, but it isn't strong enough to take out many legendaries that Veterans carry. I once had a very bad match (battle #390) where I was at +4 and Flame Body Moltres was the third Pokemon. I was forced to Shadow Sneak against it and it lived with about 2 health. Because MegaKhan doesn't have any non-contact moves that can hit Moltres, I had to Sucker Punch and wound up getting burned. I clearly should have lost that match, but the opponent's third mon was Heatran. Shuca Berry let it survive the turn, but since it wasn't strong enough to OHKO Khan with anything, it used Sunny Day. Because of that, I pulled off the win.
Walrein 4: As I mentioned before, I get into a hax battle with it. The odds are heavily in my favor (it has a roughly 50% chance to attack each turn, and only a 30% chance to hit), but it still makes me nervous because Khan needs to set up to have enough power to KO, and setting up is risky.
Volcarona 4: Already discussed. I've always beaten it, but an Air Slash miss could cause real problems. I feel very happy when it decides to attack instead of using Quiver Dance.

Battle video of #500: 32NW-WWWW-WWW5-G6HR

More battle videos to come once I've lost.
I'm quoting the original post so people can see all of the details of the team when this is linked on the first page. My streak ended at 543 wins. I'm going to try to be as real as possible with my description of the team; I don't want to give people the impression it's perfect or unbeatable when it's really not, at all.

The team is very, very reliable. I found myself getting very attached to them; it was more emotional than I thought it would be when I lost. That said, I had some close calls, and a couple of battles I genuinely should have lost. Battle #390 was one of the two cases where I really thought, "Wow, it was a miracle I didn't lose":
DKCW-WWWW-WWW5-K8RA

The opponent led with Latios 1. I used Yawn and switched to Aegislash (the standard Latios strategy), it gets a Luster Purge SpDef drop on the switch. Yuck. I Swords Dance twice, but I'm in a tough spot; if it wakes up and uses Calm Mind on the third Swords Dance, I'm afraid it can KO with Dragon Pulse (it actually can't; this was my Latios 1 paranoia kicking in. I would have needed two Brightpowder misses to lose at +6). I Shadow Sneak, since Aegislash is good against almost everything anyway. The opponent sends out Moltres: balls. I King's Shield to scout; it Overheats. So I know it's set 1, and I know Aegislash can't take a hit. Neither can Togekiss, so I'm forced to Shadow Sneak and sacrifice Aegislash. Moltres survives in the red. I bring in Khan; I know I'm risking a Flame Body burn (since no Pressure), but I don't have a choice. So I Sucker Punch (since it outspeeds me); it gets a Flame Body burn. I assume I'm dead unless the AI sends out something weak enough for me to set up PuP on Khan. Out comes Heatran. YES! The only thing weak enough to faint to a burned Kangaskhan. I pray it's not Scarf and use EQ. Shuca Berry; it lives (crap). But it's actually not strong enough to KO with Fire Blast (because Mega Kangaskhan is insane), so it uses Sunny Day. I KO with EQ. This was more the result of a crazy good matchup for my last mon than a hax win, but on some level, I consider being lucky enough to get that sort of match-up a form of "hax."

The other match I clearly should have lost, #526:
6CUW-WWWW-WWW5-K8VK

The dreaded Zapdos 2 leads. I thank God it has Pressure; I lead with Safeguard (since it might be Zapdos 1), it uses Double Team. Uh oh. (I later learned that Yawn is a better lead move against any Zapdos). I Yawn, it Double Teams again, I switch to Khan (it uses Charge Beam). I PuP (hit), it sleeps. I Return and miss, it keeps sleeping. I Return and miss again; it uses Heat Wave. I Return and miss again; it KOs with Heat Wave. I know that Aegislash is completely doomed against the Heat Wave onslaught, so I do the only thing I can: I switch to Togekiss and use Yawn. I know Aegislash doesn't KO at full health with +6 Shadow Sneak, but I have the chip damage from PuP to help. Still, I need +6, meaning it has to sleep for three turns (without waking up and roasting me with Heat Wave or using DT again, AND I have to hit). It then sleeps for a full three turns while I set up, I use Shadow Sneak, and HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY HIT. The opponent sends out Entei; if it's set 2, it will burn with Will-O-Wisp and I will lose. I King's Shield, it uses Overheat, so it's set 1. I tank the Overheat, knock it down to its Sash with Sacred Sword, and KO with Shadow Sneak. Regice comes in, T-Bolt (no para), so I KO with Sacred Sword. Ridiculous match; Aegislash was just incredibly clutch against that Zapdos.

Now, the actual loss, #544:
FWGW-WWWW-WWW5-K9XT

I was playing my battles after #530 (I think it was) on a plane and had no access to a damage calculator. That may have made a difference, or it may not have. Ultimately, I was paranoid and I made a wrong choice, and it cost me the match. The opponent led with Tornadus 2; I played pretty normally against it, setting up Aegislash and generally being boring (at risk of Hurricane confusion) until I managed to KO. The first 10 turns really are boring as hell; sorry. I KO with about 2/3 health left on Aegislash, Togekiss is down to less than 1/2 because I set up Safguard (I didn't want to risk having Aegislash confused on the turn it comes in). Entei comes in; I scout with KS, it's set 2 (Flamethrower). I go to Togekiss on the predicted WoW, it misses. I Safeguard, it hits with WoW, I go to Khan. I take a couple of Flamethrowers while setting up and end at 1/3 health while KOing with EQ. I'm at +2, so it's all well and good. The opponent sends out Zapdos.

Okay, it's really painful for me to watch this video again. I can't believe I actually did this.

It's either set 1 or set 2. As you know, I HATE set 2. I am completely terrified that I'll try to Sucker Punch against set 2, it will set up Double Team, and I'll be screwed. I also know that Sucker Punch won't KO set 2, meaning I'm in trouble even if it's set 2 and it does attack. I think "Well, if it's set 1, Aegislash can probably just set up and KO at +6, or maybe even +4). Of course, I should know it can't KO at +4, because it didn't KO Moltres in battle #390. And on some level, I do know that. Zapdos 1 also has base 125 SpAtk, a 90 BP STAB move than can paralyze, 252 SpAtk EVs and a neutral nature, and a hold item that boosts the output of its STAB, plus Aegislash isn't at full health. But I'm so afraid of set 2 getting a free Double Team that I neglect the fact that there's actually a 50/50 chance it's set 1, which can outspeed and KO my weakened Mega Kangaskhan, but which faints against Sucker Punch. And so, to avoid letting Zapdos get that free Double Team, I use Return.

Of course, it's set 1, so it fries me with Thunderbolt. Aegislash does manage to get up to +4, but it's down to 45 HP at that point and T-Bolt does about 70. I'm forced to Shadow Sneak, relying on a crit to win. There's no crit, so Aegislash goes down, with Zapdos's health in the red. If Kiss had been at full health, it could tank a non-crit T-Bolt, but it's at less than half, so T-Bolt finished Togekiss off.

Overall, it was an incredibly complex battle, so it's hard to know what to do differently. I know "the big mistake" was underestimating set 1 and not risking the Sucker Punch; even if it did Double Team, I would still have a couple of turns to outspeed and try to KO set 2 with Return (Heat Wave wouldn't have KOd, though I didn't know that at the time). And if set 2 DID attack and KO Khan, it would have been weak enough to KO with +2 Shadow Sneak. But who knows? If it had been set 2, maybe using Sucker Punch WOULD have made me lose. But my team did make it this far by knowing the odds in each decision and choosing the best ones, and in this case, I chose the worse odds.

I want to say that I would have won and kept going if I'd been able to use a damage calculator, but ultimately, it was my choice to take the risk, and I did so knowing it would make my odds worse. I also know I have no real right to complain at this point; as I've shown, I won some earlier matches by sheer dumb luck. My main disappointment is that my team did so awesome, and I was sad that I failed to take them farther because of my mistake, rather than something uncontrollable (like Jumpman's loss). Even though they're just a bunch of lines of code, I'm bizarrely attached to my Pokemon, and I want to see them go as far as they can.

As I've said, this is an imperfect strategy and a labor of love. I put a ton of time into learning how the AI works against this team and planning strategies that give the best odds possible. And while I would have loved to see them get to 1,000 or whatever, they did more than I would have ever thought possible, and they've accomplished far more than I ever have in any Battle Facility before.

I also want to point out that this streak was a huge team effort on the part of the Smogon community. Without the list of sets on the front page and the lists of trainers on pages 21 and 26 of this thread, I would have had a much harder time making good choices. Hell, without the set lists, I would have had to research every Veteran I came across AFTER they kicked my ass. The damage calculator on pokemonshowdown.com was also essential; I needed to know which crits Togekiss and MegaKhan would survive and when it was safe to try to set up. Hell, I learned I can safely keep in a full health Aegislash against Entei 1 because a crit Overheat only has a 25% chance to OHKO, even with my imperfect SpDef IV. That's crazy. So thanks to everyone who put in the time and effort to that research and those resources. Maybe other teams and other players don't need them as much, but I sure as hell did, at least with this team.

Team honors:
First Super Singles team on Smogon to get a streak of over 500
#1 Super Singles streak on Smogon (currently)
The only Super Singles streak in the top 10 that doesn't use a Dragon-type (currently)
The only Super Singles streak in the top 10 that uses Togekiss (currently)

This is the end of my attempts at Super Singles. I'm going to try to complete the Pokedex and get the remaining trophies; I doubt I'll make any efforts as serious as this one in any other mode. Singles is more predictable, and that prediction and planning is most of the fun for me. I hope to see other people come up with cool new strategies to conquer Super Singles!

Some more interesting videos behind the Hide tag, including my "FU Walrein" video:

One of my "danger situations" was facing Thundurus 2 (Choice Specs). I have no choice but to sacrifice Togekiss against it, then I have to send in MegaKhan. I'm at risk of it either getting a KO with a crit Thunderbolt (which doesn't always KO, but it can sometimes) or paralyzing. In this battle, MegaKhan actually does get paralyzed, but I end up winning anyway. This was a little bit of a lucky win (no full paralysis in three turns), but a paralyzed MegaKhan can be surprisingly dependable, especially with a fully health Aegislash as back-up, as shown in battle #541:
UJQG-WWWW-WWW5-K9LH

I love the following battle. I fight against three Fire-type starters that could be running any one of the four sets. Aegislash beats Infernape (set 3, the mixed set with Life Orb and Overheat) and Charizard by itself without setting up at all. Granted, it's a bad Charizard set, but knowing the opponent's sets along with the damage calculations and making the appropriate predictions allowed it to do something it should have never been able to do. This is #269: 6VUW-WWWW-WWW5-K9SH

And now, for anyone who's ever hated Walrein 4 (Sheer Cold/Fissure/Rest/Sleep Talk @ Lax Incense), here is video that reflects what happened every time I fought a lead Walrein 4 (which was something between 2 and 4 times). I haxed it to death every time; it was awesome. So here it is: your hax revenge fantasy, #523: 67FW-WWWW-WWW5-K9PN

Currently trying out a Rain Doubles team that I had used last Generation, and I'm at 200 (will post again when I lose). I'm looking for any suggestions as to how to make this team more effective:

Politoed @ Drizzle
Modest - Choice Scarf
31/2/31/30/31/31 (HP Grass)
Scald - Hidden Power Grass - Ice Beam - Psychic

Obviously, the rain inducer. While maintaining it alive as well as having rain up can prove difficult with an offensive Politoed sometimes, I rely on hitting fast and hard with a Scarfed one in order to maintain it on the field. Scald is my prefered option because I absolutely hate relying on Hydro Pumps accuracy, and the neat burn it can provide is also a bonus. Ice Beam is merely for Grass/Dragon types for the most part, just like Hidden Power Grass is for Ground/Water types. I find myself spamming Scald majority of the time however. Psychic is just a filler that hits Toxicroak hard.

Ludicolo @ Swift Swim
Modest - Life Orb
31/0/31/31/31/31
Scald - Giga Drain - Ice Beam - Protect

I have to say this thing is the MVP of the team, when it attacks and when it doesn't attack. Life Ob boosted anything at that insane speed is absurd, and it is only outsped by 3 Pokemon in the Maison if I recall correctly. Scald/Giga Drain/Ice Beam are simple coverage moves. Protect has to be the most useful move however. Ludicolo has a typing that plays like a double edged sword. While STAB Giga Drain is neat, getting targeted by Flying/Poison moves is also helpful. The AI's predictability allows Ludicolo's partner to attack while Ludicolo is protected from the obvious Super Effective moves directed at it like Gunk Shots and Hurricanes. This Pineapple is truly a monster.

Scizor @ Technician
Adamant - Scizornite
252 HP - 252 Attack - 4 Special Defense
31/31/31/x/31/31
Swords Dance - Bug Bite - Superpower - Bullet Punch

What would a rain team without Scizor be like? This beast is the only physical response to a threat on my team. Its incredible typing and bulk both after and before Mega Evolving allow it to switch in to a large diversity of attacks such as Leaf Storms, Gunk Shots, Moonblasts, Psychics, Ice Beams, Blizzards, etc. I had tried out an identical Scizor with Leftovers instead of Scizornite until I realized I could just use Mega Scizor instead. Sometimes I miss the small recovery each turn. Anywho, this is the thing that lets me win against opposing weather that isn't Sun, it lets me win against Trick Room teams that pack psychic types like Slowking/Bro, Musharna and such. Scizor is also my immediate response to a change in the weather from Tyranitar and Abomasnow. It's amazing synergy with Ludicolo and Politoed allow me to freely switch in quite a LOT.

Thundurus Therian @ Volt Absorb
Modest - Focus Sash
252 Speed 252 Sp. Attack - 4 HP
31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice)
Thunder - Hidden Power Ice - Grass Knot - Protect

Thundurus Therian is my response to team that pack bulky things in general as well as electric types. Obvious thunderbolts and thunders at Politoed are obvious.... like my switch into Thundurus Therian. Not much to say about Thundurus. I chose Modest simply because i like the raw Power of STAB boosted Thunders. Focus Sash guarantees this frail thing attacks at least once.

Any suggestions? The team performs well, I'm at 200 wins so far (I've taken a break xD) but I find myself having trouble particularly against Electric type teams because Thundurus's HP Ice/resisted Thunder doesn't do much damage. I also tend to have trouble against Magnezone, Tentacruel and Gyarados. But mostly, against Tyranitar. Not only does he change my weather but Scizor doesnt resist either of his STAB's anymore and Scisor is my greatest response to it.
Interesting. I've been messing around with a sorta similar Rain team, except it also incorporates elements of the Lv 1 bait strategy. Currently my lead is Lv 1 Volbeat (Tailwind/Rain Dance/Helping Hand/Protect) + Mega Blastoise (Fake Out first turn to allow Volbeat to use Tailwind/whatever, then spam Water Spout). In your team, I notice for your backups you use Thundy-T and Scizor to switch into the moves that hit Water-types for SE damage. I might change my Grass switch-in for Scizor as I've noted that my backups are a bit Ice-weak (it's Hurricane spamming Tornadus-Therian and special attacker Sheer Force Landorus right now).

I haven't had any real problems with my team but I haven't played around with it a lot as of late either; currently going for the Multi trophy since it's the last one I need.

Well, I've replaced Garchomp, he was relaible, but it wasnt meant to last. R.I.P Garchomp. You shall be missed.
Now that that's out of the way, Let me announce something. I'm using Dragonite and he's OP as hell.

Deathwing
Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
31/31/x/31/31/31 Multiscale
252Att/252Speed/4HP?
Outrage
Dragon Dance
FALCON PAUNCH Fire Punch
Earthquake
My god, I though Mega Mawile was good. This thing.... Wrecks everything. 1 DDance and it outspeeds a LOT and 1HKOs anything that doesn't resist it (With Outrage at lease). I originally used a Lum Berry, but decided to use Weakness Policy due to the amount of Rock Slide/IceBeam users, and it pays off, exchanging a free status condition for sheer sweeping power is one of the best things I've done since recruiting MKham and Greninja (who I've outlined in previous posts) He even swept Nita, a battle that I was dreading due to what happened last time (Down to MKahn, she clutched it). I didn't save the replay (My Recorder is full, gonna sort it out) but damn. He's just.... The only problem I see is when Multiscale is broken (Chip Damage, a Not Very Effective Hit, whatever) he'll become extrememly vulnerable to Ice and Rock. But eh, back to the streak. Ciao! ;)
Update: Called it. Chip damage by Hail. Then I got frozen. Then Dark Pulse missed. Fuck. You. Frosslass. It was number 3 to be exact. Just URRRRRG. RAGE

Last edited:
Dear Battle Maison,

Why won't you let me have a doubles team with Megazard Y and Darmanitan? ;_;

After getting to 25 with a boring team of Greninja, Dragonite, MKanga, and Rotom or something, I decided to change out to Megazard Y and Darmanitan, with Dragonite and Blaziken in the back. Not well designed, ofc, but fun :P

Died on 28 to a Trick Room Carbink...

I replaced Blaziken (which I knew was dumb to use on that team) with Gliscor, then Gliscor with Critdra... and lasted maybe 15 battles? Idk. Needless to say, the "spam Flare Blitz" strategy can only work so well when the game throws dual Water leads at me constantly.

But I will persevere >:O

I'll also try this same thing out in Multi (I've played with Megazard X+Y with minor success, but they weren't EV'd), but I'm thinking Megazard Y + Dragonite paired with Darmanitan + MKanga.

I know it's a pipe dream, just needed to vent :P

Edit: Nope, I'm done. When Scarf Aerodactyl shows up and Rock Slides my first two, then flinches BOTH of my second two, I'll just accept that the game is designed to not let Darmanitan have his moment.

Last edited:
Dear Battle Maison,

Why won't you let me have a doubles team with Megazard Y and Darmanitan? ;_;

After getting to 25 with a boring team of Greninja, Dragonite, MKanga, and Rotom or something, I decided to change out to Megazard Y and Darmanitan, with Dragonite and Blaziken in the back. Not well designed, ofc, but fun :P

Died on 28 to a Trick Room Carbink...

I replaced Blaziken (which I knew was dumb to use on that team) with Gliscor, then Gliscor with Critdra... and lasted maybe 15 battles? Idk. Needless to say, the "spam Flare Blitz" strategy can only work so well when the game throws dual Water leads at me constantly.

But I will persevere >:O

I'll also try this same thing out in Multi (I've played with Megazard X+Y with minor success, but they weren't EV'd), but I'm thinking Megazard Y + Dragonite paired with Darmanitan + MKanga.

I know it's a pipe dream, just needed to vent :P
Funny, I was just planning a team with MegaZard Y and Darmanitan, but I was going to use them as back-ups. My experience from Multi battles is that the MegaZard/insane Fire sweeper (in this case, Typhlosion) is more reliable as back-up than as your leads. That way, you'll hopefully have taken out one or two of the opponent's Pokemon before you bring them in. Then, if the opponent's Pokemon resists Fire but is weak to coverage moves, you can use those coverage moves without worrying so much about them sending in something dangerous on the next turn (especially something that resists the coverage move if you're Choice locked). I don't know if that team would be particularly good (I don't really play doubles), but I imagine it would do a better job of getting to 50, anyway.

Sigh...

Greninja / Aron / M-Kanga / Aegislash pooped on doubles up to battle 50, where I finally took a break. I actually had more close calls in battles 1-30 than 31-50. If I were to keep on going in doubles, I'd probably switch up Kanga's moves. Return/Fake Out/Sucker Punch/PuP is really nasty, but leaves him totally incapable of dealing with a lot of Ghosts. Particularly the Dusknoir with Double Team/WoW/Toxic/?. He nearly stalled me to death when I couldn't land any Toxics or Shadow Sneaks.

I feel dirty now ;_;

Hello everyone I have been in this community since Gen 4 but only as a spectator and have never posted anything. This team has obvious flaws but is fun to use and involves a lot of thinking and knowing the Maison Pokemon to do well (like knowing pokemon speeds, movesets, etc, to pick who to kill). I wanted to post as soon as a got a decent enough streak in the Battle Maison so here it is.

Super Doubles streak: 496
Proof: UEDW-WWWW-WWW5-LFH2

The Team:

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Relaxed
Ivs: 31/x/31/31/31/0
Evs: 252 Hp/108 Def/148 Sdef
Moveset: Trick Room/Psychic/Ice Beam/Helping Hand

One of the best Trick Room setters out there. Cresselia’s speed isn’t the slowest so my strategy changes based on the opponents Pokemon. With all this bulk the AI almost always tries to hit Aron, giving the Cres a safe set up. I used to have Lum berry for Swaggers, Thunder waves, etc, but I feel that taunt is more of a threat. Great pokemon.

Aron lvl 1 @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Ivs: N/A
Evs: N/A
Moveset: Endeavor/Protect/Swagger/Toxic

The star of the team. Not much to say except this little guy owns. He loves Destroying Veterans.

Machamp @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
Evs: 252 Hp/252 Att/4 Sdef
Moveset: DynamicPunch/Stone Edge/Knock Off/Protect

I hate missing. I used to use Rinucleus here but almost lost to a Toxic, Double Teaming Cresselia(after Mawile went down), literally followed by a Minimizing Blissey the following match, so decided to bring this power house to the team. No Guard DynamicPunch is too good. Focus Sash is there for more survivability. Also I wanted to use a Pokemon that no one has posted yet :P

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
EVs: 252 Hp/252 Att/4 Sdef
Moveset: Play Rough/Iron Head/Ice Punch/Sucker Punch

I love this beautiful beast even though she didn’t come out for 75% of matches. Seriously my favorite mega evolution, Huge power is amazing. The moves have good coverage and having this Pokemon in the back is great in case things don’t go prefect. Intimidate is also useful at times.

I really wanted to get to 500 but lost thanks to 2 flinches, 1 crit and 1 quick claw activation. Admittedly, I made some arguable plays that game but that’s pokemon for you. I had a lot of fun during this streak and i'm kind of glad I get to try new teams out.

Off the top of my head, things to watch out for include:
ROCKSLIDE FLINCHES
Priority users/Slow Pokemon(slower than Cres)
Rough Skin/Iron Barbs
Mold Breakers
Ice shard Abomasnow with weather change,(especially if partnered with a fake out user at the start)
One-hit-KO Pokemon like Walrein
AI making good protect predictions
Swagger and Thunder waves
And basically anything else that could stop Cres from setting up trick room the first turn.

My streak ended at 328 in super singles with a durant team, it was a grind glad its over. time to move on to better things...seriously tho who runs fake out on a raichu? ALRG-WWWW-WWW5-LK8T
My team
Durant@choicescarf 252atk 252speed jolly
entrainment rockslide ironhead x-scissor
Agislash@weakness policy 252atk 244hp 14speed adamant
Protect sacredsword shadowsneak S-dance
Garados@megastone 252atk 252speed adamant
protect earthquake waterfall d-dance
probably could have kept the streak alive if I set up another S-dance on raichu but didn't want to risk getting t-waved

Hey I was wandering; is Perish Song a viable strategy? After all, in doubles, considering the opponent doesn't switch (which I don't think happens much), or if you have something with Shadow Tag/Arena Trap, it allows you to take out half the opponent's team. What do you all think?

Hey I was wandering; is Perish Song a viable strategy? After all, in doubles, considering the opponent doesn't switch (which I don't think happens much), or if you have something with Shadow Tag/Arena Trap, it allows you to take out half the opponent's team. What do you all think?
The AI always switches out of Perish Song.

Are you thinking of using Perish Song in Super Doubles? With the fast-paced format, it's very likely that your Perish Song + Shadow Tag/Arena Trap poke will get KO-ed before the turn counts are up, since the AI can just double target to murder your pokes and switch afterwards. Not to mention Soundproof blocks it... At any rate, if it's Perish Song without a trapper, just don't bother as the AI will switch out (just like what it does when it uses the move itself).

AI switches happen also when it is choice-locked into a move that cannot harm you at all (e.g. Dragon on Fairy).

To add to that, it's not the Maison per se, but I remember back in Battle Revolution, the AI would switch if you use Taunt on a Pokemon that relies on a status move. (Namely, there's this one trainer in the Masters battle that uses CM Bronzong and Follow Me Clefable; If you Taunt his Clefable he switches it out.)

Hello everyone I have been in this community since Gen 4 but only as a spectator and have never posted anything. This team has obvious flaws but is fun to use and involves a lot of thinking and knowing the Maison Pokemon to do well (like knowing pokemon speeds, movesets, etc, to pick who to kill). I wanted to post as soon as a got a decent enough streak in the Battle Maison so here it is.

Super Doubles streak: 496
Proof: UEDW-WWWW-WWW5-LFH2
Just battled this for fun, and the amount of Quick Claw Rock Slides that Shuckle managed against me was hilarious.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Post your team in accordance the first post in this thread. So long as you detail your team and include proof (typically a battle video code), Eppie will get you added when he can. Details on strategy, specific unusual choices you've made, and notable weaknesses of your team are very helpful too, since that way people can learn from your experiences and/or provide suggestions for further refinement of the team.

Haven't ever messed around with Doubles before. At 54 on my first try which is exciting, but just ran into a Fissure Landorus-I who hit 3 out of 3 Fissures. Fortunately the one he didn't hit was Cune so pressure kept him from getting off another one (I guess). That was terrifying.

do i need to do anything specific to get my streak posted?
You already posted everything necessary. Just a little bit of patience is what you need after that.
I understand that people want to be added to the records list, especially when it is a top 3 record but I don't check Smogon daily.
The best chances for me updating the OP would be on friday or saturday.

Congratulations with your streak !

After rage quitting the Maison (Completely justified I swear) for about 2 days, I think I have a new team for Doubles, and it's a gimmicky Trick Room team! Yay? (Y'all know where this is goin)

Trick Room Team (Still in the works, haven't trained the Mareep yet)
Reuniclus
Magic Guard @ Life Orb
252HP/252Defense/6SpecDef Modest Nature
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Recover
So the whole point of this guy is to set a Trick Room and take a hit or two while doing so, also being Immune to Toxic and Burn damage is sweet too, while holding a Life Orb (Why the hell not?) only problem is the accuracy of Focus Miss (70 accuracy isnt really reliable, and I can't get Keldeo to wreck their shit because he's banned >_>, Checked the HP, it's Dragon. So that isn't helping DX
Ampharos @Ampharosnite
252SpeAtt/???
Thunderbolt
Power Gem
Signal Beam?
Dragon Pulse
Oh Ampharos, how I love you and your sheepishness. As in, you evolved from a sheep XD
Not really much to say considering that it's main purpose is to nuke everything that moves, maybe have it be builkier? IDK
Azurmarill
Adamant @ Leftovers Huge Power
252Att/48(?)Speed/WhateverElseHP
Superpower
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Welcome back old friend. Now I know what you're all thinking "Azurmarill isn't THAT slow, so why is he on a Trick Room team?" Bcause he DOES get outspend by threats like Crobat/Jolteon/Raichu, and being able to use Play Rough more is never a bad thing

And now I'm stuck for a 4th member, between Cresselia, Suicune and Whimsiscott. All 3 are built to take hits, all. 3 are supporters, but I don't know which one to use. Not listing EVs and moves because that would too long, just a general opinion of which one to use (Suicune is Timid, so he might not be as good :/) I'm personallly leaning towards Cressy, because she is more of a supporter than the other two, and has a good Movepool. Till in theworks mind.

Update: Justrealised I'm totally ripping off SqueakySquirtle's idea for a doubles team. Heheh.... Godammit I'm unoriginal, sorry bro! :/

Update2: Chose Cresselia. She's Tanky as hell. Here's her stats
Tank
Cresselia
Bold @ Leftovers
IDK EVS, I forgot DX
Psychic
Trick Room
Toxic (Considering replacing with Moonlight for heals)
Moonblast
THE PSYCHIC MOON DUCK SHALL TANK ANYTHING.
Ahem, Cresselia is the meaning of bulky supporter, with her massive Movepool of supporting moves such as Trick Room and Lunar Dance, she can serve as a cleric and a tank. While I wanted her nature to be better (Relaxed would of massively helped with Trick Room) she is still a very reliable tank. Plus Ampharos does have like 40 base speed in Mega Forme so... That's good. :D

Last edited:
Azumarill has 50 base speed; it's pretty darn slow, particularly if it's Brave with a 0 Speed IV (which yours isn't, but it's not hard to breed one with a Brave nature; you already have the key egg moves). Leftovers has no place in Doubles; if you're going to use and Play Rough will make you sad when it misses all the time and you want it to hit. I would probably use Sitrus Berry as a first choice, but might use Wide Lens (yes, seriously) if you don't want to use a Sitrus Berry. Seriously, when I used Azumarill for WiFi battles, Play Rough just missed all the damn time. If you're relying on it to KO every time you can't set up, you're going to lose to a miss pretty darn fast. If you're usually only using Azumarill when you ARE able to set up, then Return will KO everything that Aqua Jet and a Fighting move won't. If you're using Belly Drum, Brick Break is way better than Superpower, since it will OHKO everything you'd target with Superpower anyway.

It's worth noting that sitting around trying to tank hits is a poor strategy in doubles, because the opponent has two Pokemon that have the potentially for powerful super effective hits (as well as two chances for crits) every turn. Bulky Pokemon with little potential to OHKO opponents can be used effectively in doubles, but they're typically used to set up Trick Room or something like that. The only other Pokemon that are used that don't have insane offensive potential are Fake Out users, since they can give your other Pokemon a free turn to OHKO an opponent. So stuff like Reuniclus sounds cool, and in Singles, it is. But in Doubles, it lacks the power to KO many opponents, particularly because its coverage is so bad. That gives your opponents a chance to come back and KO your Pokemon. And once your opponent leaves you with only one Pokemon, Cresselia won't be tanking much when your opponent gets to attack it twice every turn.

Basically, I think the team will leave you sorely disappointed. Cresselia has the bulk to reliably set up Trick Room (unless it gets flinched by Rock Slide a few times...) and Azumarill and MegaAmpharos have the power to make it happen and the bulk to take a strong neutral hit (or two medium-powered neutral hits). But I think Reuniclus would be the real weak link, contributing no defensive synergy (=potential switches), no valuable type coverage, and no real OHKO power. That said, I'm far from an expert in Doubles, so I'd love to be proven wrong!

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm in the middle of a streak and I wanted to claim this "title" before Jumpman comes in and snatches it up.
yeah, "sorry":

544.jpg

my team again:

Haxorus (F) @ Lum Berry ** Battle Hax: Outrage/Earthquake/Substitute/Dragon Dance, Adamant, Mold Breaker, 108HP/252Atk/148Spe (165/218/110/71/90/136)
Scizor (M) @ Scizorite: Bullet Punch/Bug Bite/Swords Dance/Roost, Adamant, Technician, 244HP/252Atk/12Spe (176/222/160/76/120/97)
Suicune @ Leftovers ** Holy Water: Scald/Icy Wind/Calm Mind/Rest, Bold, Pressure, 196HP/252Def/60Spe (200/78/183/110/135/113)

i have never, ever used such a solid speed team in any game than Team Suizorus (lol). this team's combination of speed and synergy made it so that even if i were to lose, i would be able to get back up to 300 in just a few short days. that is absolute peace of mind, and it gave me unflappable confidence throughout this latest run. this may sound a bit cocky but with all my experience, both with this team and in general, i only raise an eyebrow to veteran teams. and that is only because of moltres flinching me genuinely 65%+ of the time (no exaggeration), landorus, tornadus, and generally not knowing which legendary i'm facing (if i knew what entei and terrakion set i was facing for sure then these battles would be trivial). i can't remember the last time i lost to a non-veteran, it's been that long.

i supposedly have a better team and this is my lone "disappointment"—not being able to say it was my super brainchild that took me this far. but Suizorus is basically like the girl next door who is basically flawless and grows on you more and more each day you get to spend time with her. yes, there's an even more beautiful woman in your life, on paper, and both know you have an open relationship, but the one who's far away is just...so far away. you don't get see her nearly as often, while Freckles McNextdoor does everything in her power to make you forget about that "perfect" girl, just by being herself.

i mean, i really want to talk about the "perfect" girl, but i feel that's so disrespectful to Suizorus considering Suizorus did everything for me. that makes me a bad person kind of, lol. to be fair i do also kind of feel like posting how this team does against all the different leads it's faced too...so i'll just post neither i guess (for now). i think Suizorus knows how much I love her so she doesn't care what i have to say about other women? yeah let's go with that

XD8G-WWWW-WWW5-Z97E: Battle 453, lead Scarf Pinsir finally uses Guillotine! fun
8FNG-WWWW-WWW5-Z97B: Battle 520, whod've thunk Arcanine would be so annoying
2M5G-WWWW-WWW5-Z976: Battle 539, Noivern is a bit of a jerk too
9M6G-WWWW-WWW5-Z96U: Battle 544, posterity

i'll battle/post more eventually i promise

After rage quitting the Maison (Completely justified I swear) for about 2 days, I think I have a new team for Doubles, and it's a gimmicky Trick Room team! Yay? (Y'all know where this is goin)

Trick Room Team (Still in the works, haven't trained the Mareep yet)
Reuniclus
Magic Guard @ Life Orb
252HP/252Defense/6SpecDef Modest Nature
Trick Room
Psychic
Focus Blast
Recover
So the whole point of this guy is to set a Trick Room and take a hit or two while doing so, also being Immune to Toxic and Burn damage is sweet too, while holding a Life Orb (Why the hell not?) only problem is the accuracy of Focus Miss (70 accuracy isnt really reliable, and I can't get Keldeo to wreck their shit because he's banned >_>, Checked the HP, it's Dragon. So that isn't helping DX
Ampharos @Ampharosnite
252SpeAtt/???
Thunderbolt
Power Gem
Signal Beam?
Dragon Pulse
Oh Ampharos, how I love you and your sheepishness. As in, you evolved from a sheep XD
Not really much to say considering that it's main purpose is to nuke everything that moves, maybe have it be builkier? IDK
Azurmarill
Adamant @ Leftovers Huge Power
252Att/48(?)Speed/WhateverElseHP
Superpower
Play Rough
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Welcome back old friend. Now I know what you're all thinking "Azurmarill isn't THAT slow, so why is he on a Trick Room team?" Bcause he DOES get outspend by threats like Crobat/Jolteon/Raichu, and being able to use Play Rough more is never a bad thing

And now I'm stuck for a 4th member, between Cresselia, Suicune and Whimsiscott. All 3 are built to take hits, all. 3 are supporters, but I don't know which one to use. Not listing EVs and moves because that would too long, just a general opinion of which one to use (Suicune is Timid, so he might not be as good :/) I'm personallly leaning towards Cressy, because she is more of a supporter than the other two, and has a good Movepool. Till in theworks mind.

Update: Justrealised I'm totally ripping off SqueakySquirtle's idea for a doubles team. Heheh.... Godammit I'm unoriginal, sorry bro! :/

Update2: Chose Cresselia. She's Tanky as hell. Here's her stats
Tank
Cresselia
Bold @ Leftovers
IDK EVS, I forgot DX
Psychic
Trick Room
Toxic (Considering replacing with Moonlight for heals)
Moonblast
THE PSYCHIC MOON DUCK SHALL TANK ANYTHING.
Ahem, Cresselia is the meaning of bulky supporter, with her massive Movepool of supporting moves such as Trick Room and Lunar Dance, she can serve as a cleric and a tank. While I wanted her nature to be better (Relaxed would of massively helped with Trick Room) she is still a very reliable tank. Plus Ampharos does have like 40 base speed in Mega Forme so... That's good. :D
Agreed with VaporeonIce's assessment that Reuniclus is your weak link. I'd put Cresselia as a lead, and partner it with a Fake Out user to ensure that Trick Room can be set up. Maybe Hitmontop? I dunno. Never a fan of Trick Room. :p

By the way, Jumpman16 your streak is insane. Aiming for 1k wins or more?

Thanks to VaporeonIce, I've decided to dump Reuniclus (That name is a pain to spell DX) and replace him with a new Fake Out user, who might at be? Scrafty ;) With a base Speed similar to Azurmarill, he could EASILY fill the role of Fake Out user. While it may not be the best idea to use something with a 4x weakness to Fairy, it fills a role, with Dark/Fighting hitting Ghost and Dark types super effectively, Cresselia will be covered. I'm mainly thinking Scarfty because A. He learns Fake Out through breeding (Got a shiny Liepard for a Ampharos (not the one I'm using) from the GTS, so there's that.) B. he's a reliable attacker (Moxie + High Jump Kick = Die) and C. Er.... I ran out of reasons. Alright, time to breed! :D
Update: I'm considering replacing Cresselia with a more offensive foucused Trick Roomer after reading the Smogs article about it, I've also bred a 5iv Scraggy wi Fake Out (and Ice Punch, but that was already on the Scraggy I recived). And now I'm going to mention ear movesetsa d such.
Cresselia 2.0
252HP/252SpecDef/6SpecAtt Bold
Trick Room
Psyshock
Double Team
Moonlight
Yup. Set up Trick Room, then spam Double Team because I'm a cheap fuck and you can't get Helping Hand on Cresselia >_> Moonlight for healing (Note: Get Mental Herb) and Psyshock to make sure she isn't Taunt bait.

Hoodlum (Scrafty) @ Life Orb
252Att/100SpecDefense/WhateverElseDefense
Brave Nature (+Att -Spd) Moxie
High Jump Kick/Brick Break (Didn't breed Drain Punch :/)
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Crunch
My other lead. First turn Fake Out the biggest threat (Aything that looks like it has Taunt or just general threats) then use the other moves. Of course my biggest weakness are Ghost tubes because I can't Fake Out them.
Actually...... Ima go breed Drain Punch. The constant recovery would be extremeily helpful for prolonged battles.

Last edited:
Congrats, Jump! I was surprised to see you use Icy Wind on Noivern since it outspeeds at -1; I was guessing you would go for Calm Mind.

Side note: comparing women to teams of Pokemon is probably not the best way to make them feel welcome on the site.

I had the same experience with Veterans; many Pokemon's different sets play so differently that it's hard to know what the best move is without knowing the set. I had problems with Moltres, Entei, Thundurus (effing Taunt), and Tornadus (Life Orb + confusion hax on one set; Double Team and more confusion hax on another; not a good combo). I found the existence of Flame Bold Moltres and Static Zapdos to be particularly annoying as well, but fortunately for your team, Haxorus carries a Lum Berry and is pretty excellent against Zapdos.

Congrats again, and good luck keeping the streak alive!

Is any1 out there working on a Battle Maison tiers? or movesets? I was just wondering that xD

Congratulations to every1 that made records!! :D

I'm still trying to beat my 243 record in Super Triple... but i've had awful luck xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)