Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...abridged-pokemon-x-and-y.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

PSA: Junichi Masuda confirms that tipping has some in-game effect, he hasn't mentioned what effect exactly but I would recommend tipping as much as possible from here on out to see if it has any effect on shinies.
I'm not entirely convinced tipping will increase shiny odds, I kept count of the amount of money I tipped in my game while trying to mm a shiny Treecko. I tipped a total of 40,000 throughout the duration of the mm and saw no results in 1800 eggs. I'm not saying it doesn't work and please don't quote me as saying so, all I'm saying is that I noticed no difference. Has anyone had any luck with tipping?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not entirely convinced tipping will increase shiny odds, I kept count of the amount of money I tipped in my game while trying to mm a shiny Treecko. I tipped a total of 40,000 throughout the duration of the mm and saw no results in 1800 eggs. I'm not saying it doesn't work and please don't quote me as saying so, all I'm saying is that I noticed no difference. Has anyone had any luck with tipping?
I only said there was a chance but we have a statement from a game dev that it has some in-game effect, maybe not related to shinies but it doesn't hurt to try. He says that it will be revealed soon on the Global Link (or some other official news avenue). Try tipping more and see if that helps?

I only said there was a chance but we have a statement from a game dev that it has some in-game effect, maybe not related to shinies but it doesn't hurt to try. He says that it will be revealed soon on the Global Link (or some other official news avenue). Try tipping more and see if that helps?
I wasn't saying that you were wrong, I hope that tipping does increase the shiny odds. I doesn't bother me how much I need to tip, I'm sitting around 2.5 million in game right now, I'll throw my money at npcs all day if it means I get a shiny.

Also, just started to work on breeding for a shiny Feebass to fill in the last 666 eggs of my pledge.
So far eggs 1-1800 (Treecko) nothing
eggs 1801-1834(Heracross) 1 shiny #1834
eggs 1835-2500(Feebass) in progress
I'll update my post as I get shinys or finish the pledge

Hello, I would like to report some results. I am using shiny charm plus masuda method.

First batch I hatched 150 Froakie eggs and on the 123rd egg I got a shiny.

Second batch I hatched 150 Lapras eggs and on the 45th egg I got a shiny.

I am currently hatching Klefki eggs and have hatched 300 eggs with no shiny.

So do u really believe that the Shiny Charm works?
I wasn't MM breeding before obtaining the Shiny Charm, but I do believe it works. The 1:450ish or whatever rate we're near as a whole is significantly lower than any estimated non-Shiny Charm rate. It's almost half of the rate in the MM w/out SC thread, although their egg count is much too small to be a reliable data source at the moment.

So, I have started breeding Honedges and I'll contribute with the research as well. So far I have bred 100 Honedges using as parents a Non-Kallos Ditto (Spain), with 6 IVs 31 with a Honedge I bred into my X version with perfect IVs as well.
From 100 Eggs, I got 0 shinies yet. I'll keep editing here until I get a shiny.

Hello fellow shiny hunters!

Just thought I'd help contribute considering I'm just about to start trying for a lot of shiny Pokemon, so here are my results so far:

Pokemon - Vulpix; Number of Eggs Hatched; 35; Egg # Shiny Vulpix Achieved: 31
Pokemon - Ponyta; Number of Eggs Hatched 95; Egg # Shiny Ponyra Achieved: N/A

My posts will probably come around every 250 (or 500, which ever I deem fit) eggs hatched or so. I am attempting for competitive Pokemon of the ones that I hatch, and I hope that everyone gets a Shiny today!

Best of Luck,
Irish

Hello everyone I have a story to tell.
Last night I just got done hatching my 1,185th charmander egg and still no shiny. I have the shiny charm and I was using the masuda method.
I decided to take a break and started breeding staryu"without the masuda method" for my competitive team and on egg #4 it was a shiny staryu. I immediately turned off my game and went back to breeding charmander eggs.
THE END.

Now that I got the shiny charm I can help. I'm going to be updating every 100 eggs I hatch. I'm not specifically breeding for shinies, but I do a lot of my regular breeding with different region parents. I bred Pokemon hatched on my game (US) to parents from Korea and Japan, so far.

------

Each batch = 100 eggs.

Batch #1: 0 shinies
Batch #2: 1 shiny (egg #196 overall)
Batch #3: 0 shinies
Batch #4: 0 shinies
Batch #5: 1 shiny (egg #475 overall)
Batch #6: 0 shinies
Batch #7: 0 shinies

Grand total: 700 eggs, 2 shinies: 1/350 rate

I'll be updating this post and the document at the same time.

Last edited:
I've skimmed over this post and I haven't seen a definitive answer thus far so I just got my shiny charm, and I have big plans for breeding pokemon and a Japanese ditto so I will update my progress each time I get a shiny.
As of right now I have hatched 106 eggs and gotten one shiny

Masuda Method + Shiny Charm Breeding:

JAP female Absol + ITA male Absol
Batch 1: 1 - 100 No Shiny
Batch 2: 101 - 200 No Shiny
ENG female Froakie + ITA male Froakie
Batch 3: 201 - 300 Shiny at egg #233
Batch 4: 301 - 400 No Shiny
Batch 5: 401 - 500 Shiny at egg #495
ITA female Aegislash + ENG male Honedge
Batch 6: 501 - 600 No Shiny
Batch 7: 601 - 700 No Shiny
Batch 8: 701 - 800 No Shiny

(edit)
Batch 9: 801 - 900 No Shiny
Batch 10: 901 - 1000 No Shiny
Batch 11: 1001 - 1100 Shiny at egg #1063

(edit)
ITA male Froakie + JAP female Froakie
Batch 12: 1101 - 1130 Shiny at egg #1130
ENG male pikachu + ITA female Cyndaquil
1131 - 1200 No Shiny
Batch 13: 1201 - 1300 No Shiny
Batch 14: 1301 - 1400 No Shiny
Batch 15: 1401 - 1500 No Shiny
Batch 16: 1501 - 1600 No Shiny
Batch 17: 1601 - 1700 No Shiny
Batch 18: 1701 - 1780 No Shiny
ITA male Froakie + JAP female Froakie
1781 - 1800 Shiny at egg #1797
ITA male Charmander + ENG female Charmander
Batch 19: 1801 - 1900 No Shiny
Batch 20: 1901 - 2000 No Shiny
Batch 21: 2001 - 2100 No Shiny
ENG male Pikachu + ITA female Zorua
Batch 22: 2101 - 2108 Shiny at egg #2108
ITA male Charmander + ENG female Charmander
2108 - 2200 No Shiny
Batch 23: 2201 - 2300 No Shiny
Batch 24: 2301 - 2400 No Shiny
Batch 25: 2401 - currently hatching

Last edited:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...abridged-pokemon-x-and-y.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

PSA: Junichi Masuda confirms that tipping has some in-game effect, he hasn't mentioned what effect exactly but I would recommend tipping as much as possible from here on out to see if it has any effect on shinies.
I always suspected it had an influence on the respawn rate of items (the prism scale at the falls, the oval stone in unknown dungeon, …)

Anyways I wanted to offer my services for MM. I'm from a small country so I can always breed a foreign pokémon.

I only started keeping count of my eggs after hatching what seemed to be 200+ eggs. I'd like to contribute to the data but I feel like neglecting the past eggs I hatched before I started keeping count will greatly skew my results. So far I'm at 205 eggs and I haven't hatched a single shiny.

This post made me sing up. I just got the shiny charm and the will to help. I'm planning to use a jap ditto but I wanted to know if someone have a non English ditto with 6iv that I could use? If I'm going to breed lots of eggs I would love to use my possible shiny for battles.

So if I'm reading the math right the Shiny Charm does stack with the Masuda Method? If so I'm gonna try and get the Shiny Charm, but I use the Time Machine Method, too so it might be a while.

I just hatch 400 eggs, but no shiny. I'm having bad luck I guess.
lol you're not guaranteed 1 shiny in 400 eggs, if that's what you're thinking. Tons of people in this thread have gone into the 1000's without a single shiny.

So I been doing some hatches lately and it only takes me to fill 2 or 3 boxes to get a shiny (sometimes less) [I'll put results for the ones I can remember, I'll get more later]
63 eggs for shiny phantump
107 eggs for shiny fennekin
101 eggs for shiny scatterbug

Last edited:
Hatched 280 eggs today using MM.

Got a shiny ponyta. Was still IV breeding at the time so it's only 4 iv, but that's still useable! I got it on the 42nd egg, which was semi-annoying because I still had like 120 premade eggs to hatch. Anyways after those 162-165 eggs I switched to breeding a competetive tangela and AGAIN gota shiny before I was done breeding to 5 ivs. Unfortunately tangela came out only 3 iv, but it's still sort of competitively useable.

I'll continue to do batches in 300's while I can put all my mons in pokebank to store.

Anyways so:

Batch 1: 280/280 eggs, 2 shinies!

Batch 2: 0/300 eggs,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)