Desinenza

Desinenza

Intro

So I used this team for suspects on the main ladder, and ended up doing pretty well with it, getting reqs easily before having a giant hax tilt. Then I wasn't able to get reqs on the suspect ladder due to irl time constraints, bummer. All it really is is a really solid bulky offensive ladder team that handles most of the top threats well and really showcases just how ridiculous CB Genesect was, as well as how great of a wall breaker and lure MegaZard Y is. The other members help take hits for these two since they're relatively frail and can get outsped by a good portion of the metagame. The end goal is to bring in Genesect late game on something that will give it an attack boost, so it can just clean with +2 Extremespeed, which is just crazy easy to do after the other team's been worn down by Drought boosted Fire Blasts and +2 U-turns. There isn't much is the metagame that this team struggles heavily with except Garchomp, but it's been manageable since once it gets worn down, Genesect can just clean through it. Overall the team's a great team for the ladder, and a solid one to use elsewhere, but with the Genesect ban it doesn't function anymore, so here it is.

The Team

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Garchomp is probably the weirdest member of the team because it's honestly hard to explain why he works really well for the team. For starters, he gives me a much needed Stealth Rock user to help wear down Talonflame and Mega Pinsir since I only have one counter to them, as well as keeping heavy offensive pressure. It also helps against opposing MegaZard Y, and since Garchomp is my only decent switch in, it's great to limit the amount of times it can enter the field. Chomp's Dragon and Ground typing helps plug some holes synergy wise and provides a decent switch in to things like MegaZard Y and Gyarados. I usually lead with him, unless the opponent has either a Defogger or something that I need Chomp to check. Thanks to the Defog buff, Stealth Rocks have become slightly less common, meaning Chomp's sash is a great asset. It allows me to bluff Scarf on slower threats, lure the set-up, then KO with my other STAB. He also gives the team a check to certain Pokemon once they've set-up, like MegaZard X. Dragon Tail is a real gem on the sash set, letting me stop anything that can set-up on me from doing so, bar fairies.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 12 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- King's Shield

Aegislash has become one of those Pokemon, much like Scizor last gen, that you can just slap onto any team without any real drawbacks. Even with the Steel nerf his defensive typing is fantastic, letting him switch into things like Lati@s, Kyurem-B lacking Earth Power, most Fairies, Azumarill lacking Knock Off, Terrakion, the list goes on and on. He has great synergy with Conkeldurr and Rotom-W, and with those two he forms a bulky backbone for the team that can still pressure the opponent. Spamming Shadow Ball's off of a 150 Special Attack stat is plenty to wear down most offensive teams, and once Mandibuzz, the Pink Blobs or Chesnaught are killed off by MegaZard Y or Genesect, stall is just a field day for him. He also gives me something that can check Gengar, who's really annoying for the team, especially if it packs Dazzling Gleam. King's Shield is just fantastic for utility against things that would normally be able to counter him with their physical moves, and it really helps getting Genesect and Mega Zard Y easy switch ins.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Rest

Rotom-W is a great glue for this team, just like it is for every other team in the current meta. It just counters so many threats at the moment. Thanks to him the team has little to worry about from Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Entei, and Lando-T. I run 30 Speed IV's on him to make sure he has a slower Volt Switch against other Rotom-W, so I can bring in one of my wall breakers safely. It's also a bonus he forms that nice Voltturn core with Genesect for more pressure. This team loves seeing things like Trevenant and Celebi out on the field, so having Rotom-W to bring this in and Volt Switch out is absolutely fantastic. For the set in general there's absolutely nothing special. I opt for Chesto Rest recovery so I can bluff a scarf if need be, and because Pain Split is so unreliable. Thunder Wave is used over Will-o-Wisp so I can stop MegaZard X from setting up in my face. So yeah...Rotom-W everybody.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge

AV Conkeldurr give the team a switch in to the extremely common and annoying Rotom-W. It also gives me a check to things like Kyurem-B, Genesect, and Bisharp. I run 252 HP instead of the Special Defense investment to let him handle Bisharp better, since if it gets boosted and Chomp has already used his sash, things get ugly. Knock Off helps this team against Stall by hurting Pokemon that lack natural recovery, making them fall easier so Genesect can rip through them. The offensive pressure this guy gives is great, especially if I switch him into something like a Thunder Wave from Thundurus. With Knock Off being viable, he can hit nearly every thing for at least neutral damage, except Azumarill. I've found Stone Edge to be a viable replacement for Ice Punch, letting him take out common switch ins like Pinsir and Charizard, but you would usually rather have Ice Punch for Lando-T and Gliscor, unless you opt to run Ice Beam on Genesect. His weaknesses are covered well by Aegislash and Rotom-W, and the three together work extremely well at wearing down the opposing team and letting my wall breakers get easy switch ins.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Earthquake

MegaZard Y is the best specially based wall breaker in the meta at the moment, and it's simply because nearly nothing can switch into it. The only things that can do so 100% of the time are the blobs, and they can be taken care of with a bit of wearing down. He also work fantastically with Genesect, as they both have one common switch in against offensive, and some defensive, teams: Heatran. With Earthquake, Megazard Y gets the OHKO on offensive Heatran with rocks, and 2HKO's defensive variants. This works much better for the team than Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, or Air Slash because Genesect or Aegislash can just plow through Tyranitar, Lati@s, and everything Air Slash hits either Fire Blast or Solarbeam does enough damage to it, so it isn't needed. With Heatran out of the way, little can take Drought boosted Fire Blasts or +2 U-Turns, allowing Genesect and MegaZard Y to just wear down the other team until an Extremespeed sweep is possible.

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Blaze Kick / Ice Beam

Last generation, Genesect had already been banned from OU by the time it received new moves from its movie. At the beginning of this generation it was let back in, and CB Genesect quickly became the set of choice for it. The sheer power of this set alone was probably enough to call for its ban. On this team, Genesect's role is to come in as often as possible, then just click U-Turn, unless you can just Iron Head something for more damage. Blaze Kick is great for hitting annoying Aegislash switch ins, but Ice Beam can be used over it if you'd rather lure in Landorus-T and Gliscor after showing the band. Extremespeed is the move that makes Genesect work so great for this team. If you can get +2 attack late game, it's usually over right there. Outside of having high HP and resisting Extremespeed, nothing can stop Genesect's sweep. Extremespeed lets it bypass priority, meaning you can't just check it with a Brave Bird from Talonflame. The ease at which this guy sweeps if just amazing, since the only set-up it requires is switching into the right Pokemon. This is eased greatly by Rotom-W's slow Volt Switches into Pokemon that are typically Specially Defensive, giving Genesect the Attack boost. Without a doubt, this was tied (Mega Luc) as the most versatile set in the meta, being able to both wall break and sweep at the same time, and handle whatever you want with a slight change to moveset.

Conclusion

Just some quick notes here. Some threats to the team include Manaphy (Difficult to switch into and very threatening if you let it set-up), Landorus (Hard to switch into), and Gengar (Very annoying to switch into, but easily checked. Immune to Extremespeed). Below is my peak on the ladder which probably would've been higher if I hadn't started on a hax streak. So not much else to say here but thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Genesect is banned into Ubers now, and I'll also mention that you NEED a Spinner/Defogger. To replace Genesect I recommend using this Excadrill set to help setup rocks and Rapid Spin things away.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 176 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide/Iron Head
- Earthquake

Your Garchomp is absolutely and completely walled by a Togekiss, and I see no need for Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail on the same set. I think you should slap a Choice Band on the Big Chomp to crush all souls, it really helps in a ton of situations.
Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge/Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang/Duel Chop

The moves are your choice. Outrage with Choice Band is insane, OHKO'ing or 2HKO'ing everything. Stone Edge/Poison Jab are your choice of a way to kill Togekiss. Stone Edge hits Flying types harder, while Poison Jab hits Fairies. Earthquake is there because you know... it's the best, 100/100 Power/Accuracy, etc. Fire Fang would be better than Duel Chop for you have Charizard Y to run. Duel Chop is still an option though incase you REALLY want to break subs.

Good luck!

Genesect is banned into Ubers now, and I'll also mention that you NEED a Spinner/Defogger. To replace Genesect I recommend using this Excadrill set to help setup rocks and Rapid Spin things away.
Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 176 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide/Iron Head
- Earthquake

Your Garchomp is absolutely and completely walled by a Togekiss, and I see no need for Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail on the same set. I think you should slap a Choice Band on the Big Chomp to crush all souls, it really helps in a ton of situations.
Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge/Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang/Duel Chop

The moves are your choice. Outrage with Choice Band is insane, OHKO'ing or 2HKO'ing everything. Stone Edge/Poison Jab are your choice of a way to kill Togekiss. Stone Edge hits Flying types harder, while Poison Jab hits Fairies. Earthquake is there because you know... it's the best, 100/100 Power/Accuracy, etc. Fire Fang would be better than Duel Chop for you have Charizard Y to run. Duel Chop is still an option though incase you REALLY want to break subs.

Good luck!
I really can't take the sash off of Chomp since he is just so valuable to taking care of things that have already set-up and KO'ing them or Dragon Tailing them out. The fact that he can't touch Togekiss is fine since Aegislash can take on most of them besides Nasty Plot with Fire Blast. If I decide I want to revamp the team to be used in the current metagame I'll definitely try Excadrill over Genesect :)

As for everyone else, the reason I made the RMT was because I can't use the team anymore with the Genesect ban, and because I feel the team is solid and successful enough to make me want to make an RMT for it. Removed the Pokebank OU tag to remove any confusion though.

pyro123

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I agree with BurningFury101 in that you should run a different set for Garchomp, preferably a Sword Dance or Choice Band set.
Garchomp @ choice band/life orb
Adamant/Jolly
252Att 252Spe 4Hp
-Outrage/dragon claw
-Earthquake
-Iron Head/sword dance
-Stone edge/rock slide

Also a spinner would be great for your team, unless you like the 50%(or something like that) damage that rocks do to your charizard. It is up to you who you'd like but Excadrill would be the best choice, considering that a Gengar won't like switching into a earthquake. Since you have 3 pokemon resistant to fire, you'll have no problem running Excadrill over Genesect.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not to be rude to the above posters, but taking the time to actually read the original post instead of simply skimming it for a quickrate/team steal/ whatever people do would show you that the OP posted this team simply to alert others about his team, to show off if you will. The OP knows that Genesect is banned, and even says as such in the introduction. Not to mention that posts like "Genesect is Uber" is hardly helpful if he was even searching for help with the team (not all teams ask for help, some are simply for show, as this one is).

Anyway Sparky, this is a nice team! Genesect+Charizard was an excellent wallbreaking core during that period not long ago when Genesect was unbanned. To compliment your offensive core you have Conkelldurr and Rotom-w, which is nice to take on a lot of threats like Manaphy (beware psychic manaphy), Pinsir, Lum Bisharp, etc etc. Aegislash and Garchomp make up the last two pokemon so you can set up rocks while being a soft check to set up sweepers not named Azumarill (which KS Aegislash takes on anyway, tho can still be difficult). However, you do have some problems with things like Charizard X, which 2hkoes your entire team with Flare Blitz + Dragon Claw (if it gets a max roll both times on Rotom-W). That's unboosted. If Charizard has a boost, then it becomes extremely dangerous and I would wonder exactly how you take it out, considering you need to draw it into Outrage and KS it. Landorus can be very hard to play around as well as everything is 2hkoed, even Conkelldurr (without Psychic).

Obviously if you were to adapt this team to the current metagame, then you would need to get rid of Genesect. A defogger is extremely beneficial as well, as due to the nature of your team you dont want rocks up so you can keep a volt switching combo, Char Y up, as well as so it doesn't break the sash of Garchomp. The best part about this team is that it doesn't really need any structural changes to deal with these threats, and obviously Genesect needed to go anyway if you were to make this viable without Genesect. Replacing Genesect with Mandibuzz helps solve most of your problems. It is a great check to Charizard X, as well as Aegislash (who your team doesn't appreciate), a secondary Pinsir check, a good fix to your Garchomp problems, provides Defog, and also checks Landorus I making it easier to play around a lot of offensive teams. It still keeps good momentum with spreading Toxic and stalling in a pinch. Also, another good way to make sure Charizard can't set up is to switch Will o Wisp to Thunder Wave as it still beats most things that you would hit with WoW anyway (except like, other Rotom). This makes sure Charizard has an extremely hard time setting up on Rotom-W who otherwise couldn't touch it (unless you went for the risky Hydro Pump into Genesect's Espeed, except Genesect is now banned and you still lose 1-2 pokemon without the guaranteed KO). I hope this simple change helped! Also Garchomp's set is fine as it is .-.

Not to be rude to the above posters, but taking the time to actually read the original post instead of simply skimming it for a quickrate/team steal/ whatever people do would show you that the OP posted this team simply to alert others about his team, to show off if you will. The OP knows that Genesect is banned, and even says as such in the introduction. Not to mention that posts like "Genesect is Uber" is hardly helpful if he was even searching for help with the team (not all teams ask for help, some are simply for show, as this one is).

Anyway Sparky, this is a nice team! Genesect+Charizard was an excellent wallbreaking core during that period not long ago when Genesect was unbanned. To compliment your offensive core you have Conkelldurr and Rotom-w, which is nice to take on a lot of threats like Manaphy (beware psychic manaphy), Pinsir, Lum Bisharp, etc etc. Aegislash and Garchomp make up the last two pokemon so you can set up rocks while being a soft check to set up sweepers not named Azumarill (which KS Aegislash takes on anyway, tho can still be difficult). However, you do have some problems with things like Charizard X, which 2hkoes your entire team with Flare Blitz + Dragon Claw (if it gets a max roll both times on Rotom-W). That's unboosted. If Charizard has a boost, then it becomes extremely dangerous and I would wonder exactly how you take it out, considering you need to draw it into Outrage and KS it. Landorus can be very hard to play around as well as everything is 2hkoed, even Conkelldurr (without Psychic).

Obviously if you were to adapt this team to the current metagame, then you would need to get rid of Genesect. A defogger is extremely beneficial as well, as due to the nature of your team you dont want rocks up so you can keep a volt switching combo, Char Y up, as well as so it doesn't break the sash of Garchomp. The best part about this team is that it doesn't really need any structural changes to deal with these threats, and obviously Genesect needed to go anyway if you were to make this viable without Genesect. Replacing Genesect with Mandibuzz helps solve most of your problems. It is a great check to Charizard X, as well as Aegislash (who your team doesn't appreciate), a secondary Pinsir check, a good fix to your Garchomp problems, provides Defog, and also checks Landorus I making it easier to play around a lot of offensive teams. It still keeps good momentum with spreading Toxic and stalling in a pinch. Also, another good way to make sure Charizard can't set up is to switch Will o Wisp to Thunder Wave as it still beats most things that you would hit with WoW anyway (except like, other Rotom). This makes sure Charizard has an extremely hard time setting up on Rotom-W who otherwise couldn't touch it (unless you went for the risky Hydro Pump into Genesect's Espeed, except Genesect is now banned and you still lose 1-2 pokemon without the guaranteed KO). I hope this simple change helped! Also Garchomp's set is fine as it is .-.
Thanks for the rate bud :] I really like the idea of changing WoW to T-Wave since I can still Volt Switch Azumarill, and T-Wave still cripples Pinsir, so implemented!

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Well this team is seriously solid and only nitpick I can think of is a 216 HP/248 Def/44 Spd spread on Rotom-W to outspeed Jolly Azumarill. Other than that great and cool team!

Well this team is seriously solid and only nitpick I can think of is a 216 HP/248 Def/44 Spd spread on Rotom-W to outspeed Jolly Azumarill. Other than that great and cool team!
Thanks dude :] And that sounds good, though after some thought I'd rather lose the speed tie with other Rotom-W. Aegislash handles Azumarill alright, and if it's running Knock Off with the CB then MegaZard Y gets in safely. I just really don't like losing momentum to a slower Rotom-W with this team.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
the only change you really need to do is change up aegislash's set a little and you have a better team. try out pursuit over iron head as this way you can trap things like latias which switch into charizard-y quite often. for some reason you're running a charizard-y team without a defogger / spinner, so i suggest you change genesect to latias in order to defog. mandibuzz is a stupid change as you only make yourself weaker to electric types which you don't really need. you also can actually beat opposing charizard-y with this change as well, as it provides more speed, a better offensive presence, and a overall better set of resistences.

set:
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)