Stallion's 5K: A two part thing

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey all, I haven't written a milestone post for ages because I'm a lazy fuck - but I figured that I'd change things up for my 5k. I'm not going to write a million shoutouts cause there'd be too many people to mention in my (nearly) 8 years here. Instead, I'm gonna divide this thread into two parts

PART 1: Suggest a song

As some of you may know, my primary source of income comes from djing. I started teaching myself in 2010 and since then, I've come a long way - having headlined club nights, appeared on the radio and supported (played before or after) some of my heroes. I know that Smogon is a very diverse group of people and I want to utilize that to create something really fun. I want you all to suggest a song (with a link to it), and after a certain amount of responses I'll incorporate ALL of them into a single mix. I have only two restrictions on that: I have to be able to find a 320kbps download of the song and it needs to be an electronic genre of some kind - something a dj would feasibly mix. Hip hop and rnb count but this means no rock or anything that's recorded with just instruments. If you want an example of what's okay, pretty much anything on Beatport will work. I'm looking for variety with my set so I am encouraging you guys to be creative with your selections :-). I'll get the ball rolling and add Victory Road by Psychic Type to the mix. It's a trap remix of the victory road theme from yellow version I think for those who haven't heard it!

Songs to mix (bold denotes downloaded)

Psychic Type - Victory Road
Pryda - Europa
The Lonely Island - Motherlover
AlunaGeorge - Your Drums, Your Love
The Wanted - Chasing the Sun
Charli XCX - Take My Hand
Crystal Castles - Not In Love
Cynthia's Theme (if it can be found, otherwise a remix of it will do) [low quality]

Lance's GSC Theme (remix if possible) - one Pokemon theme and one trap remix is enough
Justice - Helix
Nine Inch Nails - Starfuckers inc
Hangar 18 feat. Slug - Dance With Me [low quality]
Fred V & Grafix - Just A Thought
Passion Pit - Little Secrets
Darude - Sandstorm
Chvrches - Gun
Grime - Genesis
Fate/Stay Night - Unmei no Yoru

PART 2: Battle me

Although I used to battle all the time, in the last few years my activity on that front has greatly declined due to a loss of interest in the game and a lack of time. Having said that, I've played competitively since ADV and have played some epic matches in my time on Smogon. Ever been haxed to death by me in a tournament? Maybe you want to deliver another beatdown on me? Are you a friend of mine who's never had the chance to play me for anything but pride? Maybe you just hate Australians and all the Vegemite we eat! Whatever the reason, the second part of this thread is an open invite to bo3 me in any ou Gen from adv to xy. You get to pick the first generation and the loser gets to pick the subsequent ones. Results will be posted in the thread so that people can laugh at me, or laugh at you for losing to a washed up Aussie. Note that for this section, I'm probably not going to accept battles from people I've never spoken to or even heard of, wheres the fun in trashtalking someone like that haha.

Anyway that's it for my 5k. Just wanted to thank everyone who has made my time on Smogon as awesome as it has been. If I didnt like being here, I wouldn't be on the top 50 posters (pc wise) list after all! One last thing, please make sure you specify what part of my 5k you're responding to in your posts, if this thread gets busy, being able to Ctrl+A my way through it will be a lifesaver!

People to battle

NONE

Completed battles

HBK (1-2, won adv with some hacks, lost xy and dp to 10 and 6.25% chances -____-)
Frizy - (0-2, lost in xy and dpp fml time to die)
LizardMan (1-2, all 3 games are dpp, the best gen. Ps fuck you Heist for the third team)
RODAN (2-0, special b02 of xy and dpp cause he's my boy and I make exceptions for him <3)
Snunch (1-2, lost dpp, won xy and lost adv FUCK AERODACTYL ROCK SLIDE OMG)

Last edited:
I remember you were talking about quitting when I was joining smogon... 4 years ago. Not surprised at all that you're still posting.

For part 1 I'll suggest Motherlover by The Lonely Island because you can't expect serious answers to this. For part 2 I'll BO3 you, you get to pick all 3 gens. Any time I'm on irc as long as other people are on to give me teams.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
my boy stallion

for part 1 i will suggest
. And for part 2? bo2 XY OU and DPPT OU.

Lets Rock!

Last edited:

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Part 2: It would be an honour to be haxed by you; adv,dpp and xy unless you feel more comfortable with bw.

EDIT: Part 1: Chasing the Sun by The Wanted

Last edited:
part 1:

charli xcx - what i like

(or any other song by her, take my hand is nice and faster-paced, if you don't like either of these try heatwave. pm me if necessary for links)

Part 1 :
(or
)
Interesting concept dude ! Dunno if we ever talked, but it was cool to see you come (friendly) on french server from time to time, especially during WCups (and i remember a swanna raping asses - but maybe it was from iconic hehe)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
So many diverse songs here, this is gonna be a very interesting challenge! Regarding those who are interested in playing me, just VM me and set up a time :). That's Snunch, RODAN and HBK so far!!

Stallion

Tree Young
Part 1 :
(or
)
Interesting concept dude ! Dunno if we ever talked, but it was cool to see you come (friendly) on french server from time to time, especially during WCups (and i remember a swanna raping asses - but maybe it was from iconic hehe)
I was always around but I'm not sure if I was the guy that kicked ass with Swanna, probably an Iconic thing haha. Good song choices btw, Crystal Castles (y)

ughhhh why does part 1 have to be electronic fuck this i wanted some death metal in there

suppose i'll go with

i'll play you some other time :toast:

Stallion

Tree Young
ughhhh why does part 1 have to be electronic fuck this i wanted some death metal in there

suppose i'll go with

i'll play you some other time :toast:
Good song!! Big BKC just doesn't wanna get crushed again by the mighty stallion like last time :toast: <3

GGs Stallion they were fun and close. Game one I got wrecked lol. I thought that team was the HP Ground Froslass/Scarf Rotom/Trick Iron Ball Meta/Mix Flygon/EB Tar/Empoleon team since it is an Oceanic team. Which is why I made those specific plays against Frosslass.

Stallion

Tree Young
GGs Stallion they were fun and close. Game one I got wrecked lol. I thought that team was the HP Ground Froslass/Scarf Rotom/Trick Iron Ball Meta/Mix Flygon/EB Tar/Empoleon team since it is an Oceanic team. Which is why I made those specific plays against Frosslass.
I think I had game 3 in the bag if your Dugtrio was cb if I dded a second time with ttar but I was afraid of superpower. Ggs though, your second team was badass and fuck Heist

Stallion

Tree Young
Will take another 3-5 songs for part A, depending on whether I can find decent quality versions of the two pokemon songs suggested to me. I don't wanna use a youtube rip if possible cause they sound like ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)