Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Would a set using poison heal, will-o-wisp, protect and substitute be viable?

Water Absorb Gengar is a good Keldeo counter.

Truant and Skill Swap make a good combo, crippling your opponent and benefiting you.

Some ideas
Levitate Heatram
Sandstream Regirock
Drizzle/Swiftswim Keldeo
Levitate/Sheer Force Jolteon
Adaptability Mamoswine

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Now that this is on joim's, and has been for like a week, I'd hope to see some more sets and conversation!

edit: I also plan to add a ton of stuff to the rankings

I think I found a terrifying set. Not sure if it works, but sounds good on paper.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Skill Swap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Mean Look
- Pain Split

Ghost type with normalize + skill swap and mean look. 'Nuff said.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think I found a terrifying set. Not sure if it works, but sounds good on paper.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Skill Swap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Mean Look
- Pain Split

Ghost type with normalize + skill swap and mean look. 'Nuff said.
I love this set, however 252 HP/188 Def/68+ SDef is a better EV spread, as it gives you better physical and special bulk.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Overheat vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 110.81 - 130.18%

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 87.38 - 103.6%

252+ SpA Choice Specs Flash Fire Chandelure Overheat vs. 252 HP / 68+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops: 98.59 - 116.54%

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Eviolite Dusclops: 71.83 - 84.5%

Also, Seismic Toss can be used over will-o-wisp if you want to hit fire types, it doesn't affect ghost types, but ghost types are immune to mean look anyways.

More ideas:

Sap Sipper Swampert

Illusion on anything/everything

Last edited:
Wouldn't Protect be a great move on Florges? Protect is used by Prankster Riolu in LC to revenge kill stuff without needing to take a boosted hit.

Unaware - ULTRA BOOST/ULTRA BOOST/Stored Power/Good-move-here

Not bad, right? Only Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/etc can break through that. Sigilyph might be most abusing that.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Unaware - ULTRA BOOST/ULTRA BOOST/Stored Power/Good-move-here

Not bad, right? Only Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/etc can break through that. Sigilyph might be most abusing that.
Unaware? If you boost an attack on yourself, the boosts don't matter. Unaware doesn't just affect you defensively, it effects you offensively too.
So, say there is a Sigilyph and a Swoobat here:
Sigilyph has unaware, and uses.. idk, roost. Swoobat goes to +1.
Sigilyph then takes the same amount of damage with Swoobat at +1 than if he was at +-0.
On the other hand, if Sigiylph uses Cosmic Power.
Swoobat would do the same amount of damage to Sigilpyh at +1 Special Defense as if Sigiylph was at +-0.

Oh, for real? I always thought it applied to only the one opposing the Pokemon with Unaware...

...speaking of that, I fought in a battle with Unaware Bibarel with Bulk Up actually doing more damage after each boost with Unaware and my boosts wouldn't matter.

So are you really sure it applies to both Pokemon?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Oh, for real? I always thought it applied to only the one opposing the Pokemon with Unaware...

...speaking of that, I fought in a battle with Unaware Bibarel with Bulk Up actually doing more damage after each boost with Unaware and my boosts wouldn't matter.

So are you really sure it applies to both Pokemon?
It only applies if an unawaremon is using a move against a Pokemon, in which case the target's stat changes are ignored.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you have a pokemon holding a mega stone, do you get to choose the abilities of both the original pokemon and the mega evolution?

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
If you have a pokemon holding a mega stone, do you get to choose the abilities of both the original pokemon and the mega evolution?
No, You only pick the ability of the original form

Like say I wanted a mega garchomp with sand force activated, so I used sand stream garchomp then mega evolved, sand would still be up, but my ability would be my mega ability, sand force

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
No, You only pick the ability of the original form

Like say I wanted a mega garchomp with sand force activated, so I used sand stream garchomp then mega evolved, sand would still be up, but my ability would be my mega ability, sand force
So you could do something like this, right?

Charizard @ Charzardite Y
Ability: Download
Evs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Modest
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Protean Manaphy is an option over mew. It has a worse offensive move pool, but it can use tail glow instead of nasty plot.

Protean Manaphy
Manaphy @
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SpA
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Dazzling Gleam/U-Turn/Coverage
- Surf/Coverage
- Shadow Ball/Coverage

Coverage: Ice Beam, Dazzling Gleam, Signal Beam, Surf, Energy Ball, Scald, Shadow Ball, Psychic

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Eviolite Fur Coat Doublade

252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Doublade: 97-115 (30.1 - 35.7%) -- 35.1% chance to 3HKO

Yes, that is darmanitan with sheer force boost, STAB flare blitz, 140 base attack, and super effective. Though the problem is, doublade has no form of recovery besides getting wishes and rest. Chansey and doublade would be a TERRIFYING defensive core (or you could just run fur coat on chansey). Thoughts?

EDIT: 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 178-210 (25.2 - 29.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Pathetic.
People do know fur coat is banned right? Is this news to people or is the original post missing something? O.O

Victini up in this bitch yo

Victini @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Protean/Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Glaciate

Just go in and spam attacks until you either die or are forced out. Blue Flare will hit for incredible damage and won't be far off V-Create's power if you have Sheer Force (Which doesn't get the boost). Focus Blast is a very strong coverage move and Thunderbolt/Glaciate are boltbeam coverage. Protean makes each move incredibly strong but Shreer Force negates Life Orb Recoil (And as such should always be with SF) and Makes Blue Flare even better.

Last edited:
Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 18 Spd* / 240 SAtk / 252 Atk
Naughty / Lonely Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

*to outspeed Timid 252 Spd Mega Alakazam

Great Mixed-mon. BP for the awesomeness and a priority move. Aura Sphere for a never-miss mini Focus Blast. Close Combat for just it's match with Lucario and Flash Cannon as a STAB filler.

Unburden + Sash on a Pokemon with 70/70/70 Defenses and frail typing is great and since the base is 90, 18 EVs in Spd means Mega Alakazam is outspeeded without problems. A pretty decent set according to the tier, though.

Will add more amazing sets.

EDIT 1: Mega Terrakion y/n

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Superpower
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

RIPs (pun intended) apart everything with Contrary STAB Close Combat/Superpower and Rock Polish + Sash makes that twice as much as interesting. Now, gotta choose b/w Lucario and this to add in my team as a Sand support + Fighting type Pokemon, as Terrakion and Lucario can both work great in Sandstorms as well thanks to their Rock (primary) and Steel (secondary) typings respectively.

EDIT 2: Also, did I mention this purely brilliant Talonflame set?

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge

Moxie is like the best ability. Also, if you haven't noticed, this is the 3rd Pokemon I've posted in this post and all of them are Sashed. But still, Sash + SD and with 126 base Spd at it's max with the ability Moxie, Talonflame is like the death of other teams. The only possible stuff able to stop that is priority, and priority only!

Last edited:
Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 18 Spd* / 240 SAtk / 252 Atk
Naughty / Lonely Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

*to outspeed Timid 252 Spd Mega Alakazam

Great Mixed-mon. BP for the awesomeness and a priority move. Aura Sphere for a never-miss mini Focus Blast. Close Combat for just it's match with Lucario and Flash Cannon as a STAB filler.

Unburden + Sash on a Pokemon with 70/70/70 Defenses and frail typing is great and since the base is 90, 18 EVs in Spd means Mega Alakazam is outspeeded without problems. A pretty decent set according to the tier, though.

Will add more amazing sets.

EDIT 1: Mega Terrakion y/n

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Superpower
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

RIPs (pun intended) apart everything with Contrary STAB Close Combat/Superpower and Rock Polish + Sash makes that twice as much as interesting. Now, gotta choose b/w Lucario and this to add in my team as a Sand support + Fighting type Pokemon, as Terrakion and Lucario can both work great in Sandstorms as well thanks to their Rock (primary) and Steel (secondary) typings respectively.

EDIT 2: Also, did I mention this purely brilliant Talonflame set?

Talonflame @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Flame Charge

Moxie is like the best ability. Also, if you haven't noticed, this is the 3rd Pokemon I've posted in this post and all of them are Sashed. But still, Sash + SD and with 126 base Spd at it's max with the ability Moxie, Talonflame is like the death of other teams. The only possible stuff able to stop that is priority, and priorty only!
Lucario: I guess 80% of the tier can take a hit from a set weaker than mighty Agility Luke

Terrakion: TR Terrakion?

Talonflame: Its counter is itself, which ends up killing itself at 1hp.

Not to mention Contrary is banned and even if it wasn't Contrary Rock Polish halves your speed.

That said, i feel that Magic Guard can be a neat ability on Talonflame, since it allows the bird to cancel recoil AND Stealth Rocks, which are the two biggest problems of Talonflame in OU. It misses priority, but there are better Gale Wings users, such as Staraptor or Honchkrow.

Tied for second place for OM of the month! Hoping for this metagame to win for the next month or two.
Found another ability for Greninja that isn't completely outclassed by Protean:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd (4 HP instead of Atk if not running U-turn or Waterfall)
Hasty Nature (Timid if not running Waterfall or U-turn)
-Scald/Waterfall
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-U-turn/Extrasensory
With this ability, Greninja's Water and Dark STAB moves are even stronger than before and it takes no damage from its Life Orb! With the exception of Hidden Power, Grass Knot and U-turn, all of Greninja's previously viable moves are affected by Sheer Force and he can even now run a mixed set with Waterfall. Unfortunately even with 252 Sp. Atk, it is worth noting Sheer Force Greninja only has a 25% chance to OHKO Multiscale Dragonite. You probably won't find Multiscale Dragonite in this metagame, but this just shows the slight drop in power from its coverage so be careful.

Tornadus@Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
EVS: 128 Atk/128 SpAtk/252 Spe
Hasty/Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Focus Blast
This is a really fun set to use, and is a great revenge-killer. On PS! I nick it "Talonflame 2.0". Definitely would recommend this if you need a revenge-killer in this meta. Breaks through everything, but I need help with the EV spread. Anyone have any benchmarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)