Media One Piece (spoilers!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Probably what they meant by "giant". All the BB pirates are huge. It's interesting because excluding stronger there are only 8 BB pirates so they might have recruited even more monsters.. but I think it would be really crazy is stronger was a captain of his own army. The interactions with his subordinates are already making me giggle. If he is the 9th then that means they've only recruited 1 other member.. And this is me using the literal meaning of giant and assuming it wasn't poorly translated.

And imo the image above is one of the most iconic in the manga.

EDIT @ above, maybe not a theme but yeah you can tell oda took a lot of inspiration from the Spanish. Mostly the names.
Dear god! My sides are hurting from mangapanda's translations. These are even worse than Tanjihado Loluflamingo and Bisoromi Bear. Where the hell did "Chockeh" come from? At least the others have similar sounds.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
What indicates Zoro/Luffy can oneshot Pica? We know for a fact that Vergo>Sanji. Pica has the same rank as Vergo so he's not going to be some pushover, and Zoro is only a tiny bit stronger than Sanji if at all, so at the very least, Pica will pose a challenge to Zoro, although we don't know the gap between Luffy and the other Strawhats as well. Pica also has the advantage considering how he IS the fighting environment, he knows where the Strawhats are at all times now, and considering how Violet couldn't find him earlier, chances are the Strawhats have no vision of him. This is going to stall them for a while.
Sanji went into the Vergo fight injured so I don't buy Vergo > Sanji or think that Pica is above, if at all, Luffy and Zoro. If Pica were a golem like people were speculating earlier and not the entire goddamn castle I don't think this would've lasted very long at all and there's always the possibility that it still won't. Earlier I was thinking Luffy would go on for DD while Zoro stayed behind for Pica but the situation forces Luffy+Zoro, I just can't see it being too big a problem. Worst case scenario imo are heavy Zoro injuries.

Edit: Actually worst case is DD joining up with Pica. Controlling the environment + strings sounds like hell to deal with.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dear god! My sides are hurting from mangapanda's translations. These are even worse than Tanjihado Loluflamingo and Bisoromi Bear. Where the hell did "Chockeh" come from? At least the others have similar sounds.
Yeah, many of the common scanlations from around the sky island arc are REALLY bad for some reason...

(Chou's recollection of the translation for original Japanese when he read it)
Eneru: This thunder attack has a physical form!
Eneru: Playtime is over!
Eneru: I see, so your weakness is slashing attacks.
Luffy: Huh? Oh yeah.
Nami: DON'T TELL HIM THAT!!!

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Vergo > Sanji conclusion is laughable. By the same logic Luffy < Lucci because Lucci beat the shit out of Luffy when he first met him right? OP is not like this, stop making it like Dragon Ball with those stupid power levels. Determination and willpower is what makes the main characters win in OP, not superiority in combat skill.

I'm sorry, but "determination and willpower" are not the only things that determine who win in OP. Sure they play a big part of who wins, but I think they have to be on the same level of power in order for that to be a factor. An extremely determined baby luffy would not defeat an extremely apathetic Don Flamingo. Come on.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

dude, duh

alexwolf is posting on a forum, not writing a thesis about every factor that goes into op fights

he meant those are significant factors, often fight determining

basically, for almost every significant op fight (emphasis on significant), determination and willpower are necessary, but not sufficient, components

don't be a pedantic dick :X

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To be fair though, I also think of Vergo (and all of DQ's faithful execs) as very strong-willed characters. The dedication that Vergo and Monet showed was impressive, and I could even say reminiscent of that the WB pirates had towards their "Dad."

DQ is also a character I think of as having a very strong "Shinnen" (信念), and I don't think we will ever meet any weak-willed characters that can use the Haoushoku (CoEmperor) Haki.

New World Order

Licks Toads
@Chou, isn't the translation for "Haki" literally "domineering aura" and has a similar meaning to willpower?

While not a linear relationship, the better a character's Haki, the better their willpower. Vergo's Haki was shown to be vastly superior to Sanji's even before he used his full-body Haki mode. I doubt his determination/willpower is much lower than Sanji if at all.

So... Who do you think among Strawhats will turn into toy/s? I think this is very possible, given that Oda likes this kind of complications (stolen shadows in TB and switched bodies in the last arc) and the potential dramatic effect of remaining SH remembering somebody they don't know who...

I'm betting it'll Zoro after him beating one of Dof's high officers (Trebol maybe?). Or Robin/Ussopp which is nearest to Sugar right now (that hot grapes plan will definitely fail).

So... Who do you think among Strawhats will turn into toy/s? I think this is very possible, given that Oda likes this kind of complications (stolen shadows in TB and switched bodies in the last arc) and the potential dramatic effect of remaining SH remembering somebody they don't know who...

I'm betting it'll Zoro after him beating one of Dof's high officers (Trebol maybe?). Or Robin/Ussopp which is nearest to Sugar right now (that hot grapes plan will definitely fail).
Hmm, that's a really interesting idea. It seems all that Sugar needs to do is make physical contact with someone to transform them into a Toy. That being said, I think the most likely candidate for being transformed would be someone in the Usopp/Robin/ Dwarf Army group. Unlike Zoro who is miles above the factory, the Tonatta group is right next to Trebol and Sugar, and their only hope right now is that Leo can successfully sneak the knock-out drug into Sugar's food.

I'm going to wager that Leo initially fails, and there's a showdown between Usopp and Trebol. Usopp manages to beat the executive and ends up shooting the drug into Sugar's mouth.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hmm, that's a really interesting idea. It seems all that Sugar needs to do is make physical contact with someone to transform them into a Toy. That being said, I think the most likely candidate for being transformed would be someone in the Usopp/Robin/ Dwarf Army group. Unlike Zoro who is miles above the factory, the Tonatta group is right next to Trebol and Sugar, and their only hope right now is that Leo can successfully sneak the knock-out drug into Sugar's food.

I'm going to wager that Leo initially fails, and there's a showdown between Usopp and Trebol. Usopp manages to beat the executive and ends up shooting the drug into Sugar's mouth.
If physical contact is the trigger for Sugar's ability, I could see Robin being turned into a toy. Her power usually requires direct physical contact, and it would be interesting if she briefly experiences her own "void century" (i.e., everyone including the Straw Hats forgets who she is/was).

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So trebol is way more powerful than i thought he'd be. not really sure where that will go.... i severely doubt robin and usopp could beat him (esp without haki). maybe franky will shit on senor pink and then come and save the day??? also i kinda figured sugar would be more powerful than just a little girl. doflamingo don't take no shitty followers

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ussop/robin are practically fucked after trebol's feats and sugar not being as vulnerable as we all thought

best case scenario is: they somehow snipe the poisonous grape through sugars mouth and hakuba/don chinjao revert to their normal forms and sets revenge on trebol

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Tontatta dwarves attacking Sugar are starting to get on my nerves. Why would they so blatantly reveal themselves to their enemy? Did they really want to get turned into toys? Robin already did the hard part (getting Trébol away from Sugar), so all Leo and company had to do was sneak the ball of spices into her grape bowl. Other than that, I enjoyed the chapter (Trébol's Beta Beta no Mi is pretty sick imo).

My guess is that Usopp's sniping skills will be put to the test soon, what with the toy bears impeding the progress of the dwarves. I also want to see Hakuba let loose once again.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are people surprised at Trebol's strength? He is one of the three executives after all... on par with Diamante, Pica, possibly Law, right below Doflamingo in the organization. Idk why they don't just give Usopp the grape and have him shoot it into her mouth.

New World Order

Licks Toads
Wait there's people here that thought Trebol was weak? Robin's only chance of beating Trebol is to stay out of sight and try to fight from afar, it's quite likely that someone else will take over the fight for her.
Is it possible that Tontattas move faster than Usopp can shoot? Otherwise, Usopp is being pretty lame since he would've had an incredibly easy job.
Well evidently Sugar speed>Tontatta speed, so Usopp would be pretty fucked in that case.

Wait theres people in here not giving Ussop a chance? He's probably going to kick Trebols ass, still undecided if it's going to be him alone or Robin + Dwarves will help out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)