Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylveon is so so good on Baton Pass teams! Some may prefer Mr. Mime as a CM + BP Fairy-type, since it has access to Soundproof, but Echoed Voice Sylveon is such an excellent (secondary) win condition if an Espeon sweep doesn't pan out.

I can't think of a viable user of Perish Song outside of Celebi or Politoed, and neither are common enough to make Mr. Mime a requirement.

I run Sylveon as a offensive special defense tank mostly. It provides some support with Wish.

252hp/252Spd

Sylveon is the best Pixilate user imo STAB Hyper Voice and Hyper Beam deals great damage without even investing in SpA.

Mines is a bold nature though just for the tab bit of extra defense.

Protect- Allows scouting to see if the opponent is carry a super effective move
Wish- Allows healing itself or allies upon switch ins
Hyper Voice - Primary stab better then moonblast due to Pixilate
Hyper Beam- Last resort move if there is something I know I will have trouble with Sylveon become a sacrifice with STAB Hyper Beam allowing something fast to come in a clean up.

If your looking for more support go with heal bell instead of Hyper Beam.

My Core with Sylveon is Umbreon and Skarmory
You should never use Hyper Beam no matter how strong it is. Ever. The free turn you give to your opponent is extremely dangerous as they can easily come in and revenge kill you while you're a sitting duck or worse set up and sweep your entire team.

With the moves you already have, you're better off with either Heal Bell or Psyshock/Shadow Ball.

I'm not sure where to ask this. I'm a new user. If its the wrong place then just tell me where.

I was IV breeding timid Eevees for an Espeon when I got a shiny. Not great. 31 /x/x/x/31/31 but I'd use that personally, I'm not crazy competitive and the x stats were probably pretty good anyway. But I can't make Espeon because he inherited Run Away (of course, fml). The only other shiny Eeveelutions I like are Umbreon and Sylveon. But the Eevee doesn't have wish because I wasn't planning on using that for Espeon.

I'm just looking for ideas or suggestions or opinions on what to do with this thing.

I'm not sure where to ask this. I'm a new user. If its the wrong place then just tell me where.

I was IV breeding timid Eevees for an Espeon when I got a shiny. Not great. 31 /x/x/x/31/31 but I'd use that personally, I'm not crazy competitive and the x stats were probably pretty good anyway. But I can't make Espeon because he inherited Run Away (of course, fml). The only other shiny Eeveelutions I like are Umbreon and Sylveon. But the Eevee doesn't have wish because I wasn't planning on using that for Espeon.

I'm just looking for ideas or suggestions or opinions on what to do with this thing.
Wish is pretty much needed for an Eeveelution, as half the reason to use them is support. Umbreon loves Foul Play as well. Sylveon here loves Hyper Voice too much. Last time I bothered to look into Flareon not one was running Timid on it. Vaporeon loves wish as well. Leafeon does not use Timid. Jolteon would work quiet well on the other hand. That being said, Jolt really likes Hidden Power Ice or Grass

Last edited:
Is there an alternative Pixilate set? I want to breed all my competitive pokemon my self, and therefore I can't get Hyper voice. andy suggestions?
New to smogon sorry if this an inappropriate question for this thread.

Is there an alternative Pixilate set? I want to breed all my competitive pokemon my self, and therefore I can't get Hyper voice. andy suggestions?
New to smogon sorry if this an inappropriate question for this thread.
Yeah just use Cute Charm and Moon Blast, it's the same thing except gimpier.

Echoed Voice is honestly a terrible gimmick. It requires several turns of setup only for you to get forced out by a resist anyway. And if your opponent happens to flinch you? You start from step one.
I've had Heatrans and so many other Steel/Poison types switch into Sylveon specifically thinking they'd either force me out or snatch an easy faint. Sylveon's special defense bulk is incredible - I can understand physical Steel types posing a relative danger to an Echoed Voice set, but any bulky special attacker is still going to face some difficulty if Sylveon's even got just ONE Echoed Voice across. It can function incredibly well, even without Baton Pass support. I don't expect it to make it as an actual moveset on Smogon anytime soon, but it certainly deserves a mention in Other Options. It's useful far beyond what people generally think; I wouldn't put something down so fast without experimenting with it just a little.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know that Pyroar learns Hyper Voice, it can't be passed down to Eevee through breeding?
Nope. These are the moves Eevee can learn from breeding. (See attachment).

If you really want a fairy cleric on a team on the DS, and don't know anyone who has a spare Eevee with Hyper Voice, I'd use Florges. I know it's been blacklisted in OU on Pokemon Showdown, but that's just because it's so easy to get a Sylveon with Hyper voice. But, if you really want to use Sylveon, you can use Cute Charm + Moon Blast. You lose out on 22 base power (effectively 33) on your STAB move, and you also won't be able to hit through substitutes.

Sorry :(

Attachments

Sylveon is so goddamn good it fits right into ubers lol, damn this cute little evil thing. Its pixilate hyper voice allows it to dent dragons, unlike florges'es pathetic excuse of a stab move

Is there any legal way to acquire a Sylveon possessing both Hyper Voice, and its hidden ability Pixilate in X/Y?

EDIT: Thank you guys :) vvv

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Is there any legal way to acquire a Sylveon possessing both Hyper Voice, and its hidden ability Pixilate in X/Y?
Get a dreamworld eevee, use tutor in black/white 2, transfer and evolve?
Without trading with someone who has one, nope :(

S0L1D G0LD is right, the Dream World closed 1/14/14.

WRONG

Hopefully there will be a tutor in Gen 6 for it, but now, it's impossible. On cartridge, you just have to stick with Florges, which is still pretty good.

^^^This is still true. Anticipation Eevee is still relatively hard to get for a new player, although it's not impossible.

Last edited:

S0L1D G0LD is right, the Dream World closed 1/14/14. Hopefully there will be a tutor in Gen 6 for it, but now, it's impossible. On cartridge, you just have to stick with Florges, which is still pretty good.
Stop mentioning Florges, it is horrible and fails to even compare to Sylveon.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

S0L1D G0LD is right, the Dream World closed 1/14/14. Hopefully there will be a tutor in Gen 6 for it, but now, it's impossible. On cartridge, you just have to stick with Florges, which is still pretty good.
You can find Eevee in a Hidden Grotto, according to Serebii.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Stop mentioning Florges, it is horrible and fails to even compare to Sylveon.
I'm talking about on a cartridge for players who can't obtain a Hyper Voice Sylveon with Pixelate. Without Pixelate, Sylveon is not as good as Florges. And Florges is not horrible, it's just outclassed by Pixelate Sylveon.
You can find Eevee in a Hidden Grotto, according to Serebii.
Alright then. Apparently I'm wrong. Sorry guys. But it's still hard to get, and sometimes may not be worth it for a new player who just wants to start playing competitively on a cartridge.

Thanks Mario With Lasers for the catch (although the DL actually did close).

As it's almost imposible to get a perfect Hyper Voice Sylveon in the game, I thought about this one:
252 def 252 PS 6 SAtk with Leftovers and Cute Charm, moves:
Draining Kiss
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Reflect/Wish
¿Which is better, Reflect or Wish? As Wish is an egg move I should decide it before breeding.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As it's almost imposible to get a perfect Hyper Voice Sylveon in the game, I thought about this one:
252 def 252 PS 6 SAtk with Leftovers and Cute Charm, moves:
Draining Kiss
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Reflect/Wish
¿Which is better, Reflect or Wish? As Wish is an egg move I should decide it before breeding.
There is no point in using Sylveon if you're not going to give it Wish.

Last edited:
Curious what everyone thinks as to the viability of this set...

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature / 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP / Pixilate
- Curse
- Wish
- Protect
- Last Resort

Just use those Moves in that order. If I've calculated correctly, the Pixilated Last resort should have 273 BP. I don't know how to factor in Sylveon's Attack stat (w/max IV and EV), the Curse boost or Life Orb, since I really don't know how damage calculation works, but I'm thinking it's gonna be massive. And nothing's Immune to Fairy, so even if they switch in something resistant, it should still do significant damage.

I dunno, I'm not a competive battler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)