Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

Okay so I will pledge 1080 eggs. Parents are English Male Ninetales and Korean Ditto.
I will update once I hatch all of them. After that I will keep hatching eggs updating every 120 eggs hatched. I plan on doing another 1500 eggs.

Edit:
1500 eggs 2 shiny

Last edited:
Hey guys, I had some extra time today so I've checked over this thread and thought I could input on my experiences with the Masuda method :)
I completed the pokedex last week, and received the shiny charm! Couldn't be happier, so giving it a whirl today my target was to hatch a shiny deino! After 170 eggs I had myself a shiny baby dragon. Later today I felt lucky and went ahead for another dream shiny, Tepig. After 80-90 eggies I have a shiny Tepig named BBQ :D Before the shiny charm I had bred for a shiny ralts and a shiny tyrunt, each hunt ending with the desired shiny at around the 140-150 mark, I do think luck is the biggest factor but the shiny charm has sped up the process for me. Later on I may post the pics of my shinies if anyone would like me to. To everyone hunting, good luck! It will happen as long as you don't give up x perseverance pays
Congratulations on deino and tepig!
I'm going to start setting up a deino later today my goals to breed a 5 IV heal ball one with earth power other egg moves I'll do are fire fang thunder fang and ice fang id normally have Dark Pulse in there somewhere but that's a TM this gen.

I got the Shiny Charm a while ago, so I'm gonna help a bit here.
For now I'll do 500 eggs, will edit every 100.

Edit:
100/500: No shiny
200/500: Shiny at egg #133
300/500: No shiny
400/500: No shiny
500/500: No shiny

Total: 500 eggs, 1 shiny

Last edited:
The full 1080 is what i'd do. Especially since they are all the same poke
Hate to be a downer, but don't use any eggs hatched before you pledge! Imagine if 20 people who already hatched 600(or 1500 like me) eggs with no shiny joined and counted them-it would skew the data because the guidelines state to pledge THEN hatch. It's a matter of consistency, everyone needs to be doing the same thing :x

Hate to be a downer, but don't use any eggs hatched before you pledge! Imagine if 20 people who already hatched 600(or 1500 like me) eggs with no shiny joined and counted them-it would skew the data because the guidelines state to pledge THEN hatch. It's a matter of consistency, everyone needs to be doing the same thing :x
well im doing batches of 330 not 100 like most people on this thread. and 2 of those batches were before i joined this thread. i dont personally think it matters as long as you know or kept track of the exact amounts. There are others on here who didnt keep track but still put in the data and have been told it doesnt skew the data. So whats the difference from her exact count and their inexact count?

Last edited:
Congratulations on deino and tepig!
I'm going to start setting up a deino later today my goals to breed a 5 IV heal ball one with earth power other egg moves I'll do are fire fang thunder fang and ice fang id normally have Dark Pulse in there somewhere but that's a TM this gen.
good luck, my deino hasn't got any egg moves, but has 5 perfect ivs :) hope you hatch him/her soon! :)

I'm gonna try with a Fennekin + Japanese Ditto. My hatching goal will be 1,000. I will edit this post every 100 eggs hatched.

Eggs hatched: 50
Shinies hatched: 0

Will resume in the morning.

Last edited:
good luck, my deino hasn't got any egg moves, but has 5 perfect ivs :) hope you hatch him/her soon! :)
Honestly id prefer getting the yanma first but thanks hehe ;)
Knowing my luck Deino will be first but it'll be missing special attack.
Working on two projects at the same time is fun.

I think I'll give away my 2nd HP rock larvesta since the first ones better.

I'd like to volunteer as well, I can pledge 500 eggs at the moment.

edit: 2/24
I have hatched my 500 eggs.
First 100 had no shinies
Second 100 had 1 shiny gastly at egg number 185 :D
300 - 500 had no shinies.

I was really hoping for two but oh well :P

I put a note for this total in post #961 to help prevent double counting.

Last edited:
I want to volunteer but I have a question, should I start counting by the total number of eggs since I got shiny charm or by the number of eggs since I put the last pokemon to breed?

So I guess I've been doing it right? I pretty much "pledged" as soon as I started counting (which was around 200 eggs hatched cause I didn't want to keep count)

Anyway, 38 eggs after my 500th egg... I hatch ANOTHER shiny Meditite! I'm pretty happy about that, hopefully I get better results as I hatch more and more eggs.

UPDATE:
500/500 - shiny #1
538/540 - shiny #2

Male ITA Meditite + Female ENG Meditite

I'm going to stop at 2000.

well im doing batches of 330 not 100 like most people on this thread. and 2 of those batches were before i joined this thread. i dont personally think it matters as long as you know or kept track of the exact amounts. There are others on here who didnt keep track but still put in the data and have been told it doesnt skew the data. So whats the difference from her exact count and their inexact count?
It doesn't matter your batch count as long as you pledge before hatching. It might seem the same whether someone starts at 660 because they counted before joining or started at 0 - it is the same. It's just not the same if you're collecting data. For any experiment, it's important that everyone follows the same criteria(which was 1. Have shiny charm 2. Be using the Masuda method 3. Pledging your eggs before you hatch them) stated at the beginning. I don't even know the person/people who set up this experiment, and I honestly just wanted to keep the data as accurate and clean as possible so we can have accurate results. However, it might be a lot too late because as you've said, people have been putting data in without adhering to the criteria set at the beginning. The data could potentially be too tainted and way off the mark in that case /shrugs

I want to volunteer but I have a question, should I start counting by the total number of eggs since I got shiny charm or by the number of eggs since I put the last pokemon to breed?
However many eggs you plan on hatching.

My question is, do you keep hatching with the same Pokemon or do you switch with a different one once you hatch a shiny?
Whichever, it shouldn't matter if you're still MMing.

Another update, hatched my 3rd shiny!

Shiny #1: 500/2000
Shiny #2: 538/2000
Shiny #3: 587/2000

Not sure if I'm just SUPER lucky but I managed to hatch 3 shinies in 100 eggs. That was pretty amazing, too bad none of them have 5 perfect IV's.

I've hatched around 500 eggs since I started editing the document. I didn't realise I needed to post here! Managed to hatch a shiny Amaura!

Another update, hatched my 3rd shiny!

Shiny #1: 500/2000
Shiny #2: 538/2000
Shiny #3: 587/2000

Not sure if I'm just SUPER lucky but I managed to hatch 3 shinies in 100 eggs. That was pretty amazing, too bad none of them have 5 perfect IV's.
Please. Just pass some luck this way. I'm sitting at 1900 LOL I just checked to make sure that my shiny charm didn't just disappear... I realized that I hatched 900 eggs with same region parents before, so my actual count is approaching 3k lol

Ok so I contributed 810 to the other thread, but I finally unlocked shiny charm so Im going to start pledging eggs here. My intitial goal will be 3000 eggs, bred in batches of 300 eggs then hatched. I will use Kalos parents ONLY (pentagon). I usually hatch my eggs in random order, so I will state the box they are from but not the exact egg number. I will update shinies as they hatch here, and then enter my results in the doc once each batch is completed.

Batch #1 - 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny so far, box 7 (181-210)
Jap Goomy X Eng Goomy
No tipping.

Batch # 2- 300 eggs
(Complete)
1 Shiny Box 8
German Noibat X Eng Noibat
No tipping.

Batch # 3- 300 eggs
(WIP)
2 Shinys Box 5 and Box 7
Jap Skrelp X Eng Skrelp

UPDATED 2/20/14
Updated my post 719, still working on hatching the rest of batch 3, but Ive hatched 2 Shiny Skrelps!

Please. Just pass some luck this way. I'm sitting at 1900 LOL I just checked to make sure that my shiny charm didn't just disappear... I realized that I hatched 900 eggs with same region parents before, so my actual count is approaching 3k lol
I wish I could share some of my luck with you not even 2k eggs since I started pledging and I'm at a total of 7 shinies? I keep expecting a shiny drought but it hasn't happened yet out of those 7 shinies only one of those inherited a spread I wanted heh.

870 eggs since last shiny
sitting at 4300 with 5 shinies
after i get my next shiny mareep w/ or w/o good stats i'll switch pokemon
i am tired of the shiny drought :/

Do you keep the count even though you change parents?
the "total" is the total of eggs i hatched overall in this project.
i changed atleast one parent for each different shiny but i never broke the matsuda "chain" while doing so.

i will update post #650 with more accurate data like how many eggs i hatched between shinys.

I wish I could share some of my luck with you not even 2k eggs since I started pledging and I'm at a total of 7 shinies? I keep expecting a shiny drought but it hasn't happened yet out of those 7 shinies only one of those inherited a spread I wanted heh.
Well 1/6 chance of a perf 5iv with perf 5iv or 6iv sounds about right! but wow, that's amazing luck with the shinies xD I'm hoping this drought will go away... I do know shiny Eevees do exist, I bred a bold one in about 300 T-T Where oh where art thou shinyyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)