Weavile

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The moveset choice in the main set is baffling, particularly the emphasis on Pursuit without providing any vital targets to remove. The reality is that X and Y OU leaves us with very few easy targets. Gengar and Latios are a given, but Deoxys-D will ignore you and set up more Spikes, Deoxys-S will kill you, Aegislash can King's Shield anything you do, then kill you, Alakazam will kill you... I've seen no practical application for this move on Weavile yet.

Meanwhile, I would think we were past the day and age of Ice Punch being optional, when we know full well there is a sizable list of Ice-weak targets that balk at Ice Shard? Full-health Dragonite, Hippowdon, Mandibuzz, Zapdos, Gliscor, Togekiss... Weavile poses no threat to these Pokemon with just Ice Shard. Hippowdon and Mandibuzz in particular are impenetrable without it and can switch directly in otherwise.

Set order should be Knock Off, Ice Shard, Ice Punch, and Low Kick with no slashes anywhere. Knock Off punishes a switch better than Pursuit ever could, and the user incurs no risk via the target staying in.

What about using Beat Up? I mean, if you still have your other 5 Pokemon, it's power will be a total of 102. Stronger than Knock Off, and if you lead with Weavile often, its power will almost always be the max.
but knock off knocks off the enemies item... I personally think that that's better than a one time move that gets weaker after every kill your opponent gets

Holy crap! I just found out that Beat Up doesn't trigger King's Shield! Yeah, I definitely feel this should be mentioned.
Holy crap! I just found out that Beat Up gets less powerful when Weavile's teammates die, even though I am supposed to use him lategame. Yeah, I don't think that this should be mentioned.

SJCrew That's very interesting. I'll talk with some QC members on IRC and see if this is a good idea.

knock off gets power boost if the guy has an item, not if it knocks it off. as for sash weavile i'd say it's a nuisance at best.
In point of fact the Mega Stone does not give you the boost (since it is an item that you cannot knock off, like Griseous Orb Giratina). You are thinking of the scenario with a sticky hold poke (like Muk). Another problem weavile has here is that the scizor can U-Turn out on you and either mangle you (any scizor will OHKO you with U-Turn, Weavile is THAT frail) or get free momentum. But to be fair Weavile is known for doing decent work with Night Slash, which is all of 5 BP stronger than an unboosted Knock Off.

So, should "Life Orb Trapper" still be billed for it's set even if Pursuit isn't set in stone for a moveslot? Kinda think it should just be "Life Orb Attacker".

Just to note, putting Weavile at 4 HP evs give him an even value, might want to redistribute elsewhere even though its obsolete.
0 HP EVs = 281 HP (28 damage from LO, 70 damage from SR)
4 HP EVs = 282 HP (28 damage from LO, 70 damage from SR)

No point of re-distributing the extra HP.

On an unrelated note.. you could do a fairly cheesy setup with Normal Gem/Fake Out with Pickpocket, could backfire if you hit a Choiced item or if they go into their Mega Pokemon. If a Dark-type/Ice-type Gem was available, that could be interesting..

As for the main set, since Weavile is in Field egg group, it has full access to any of its egg moves + Low Kick (Tutor Move) + Knock Off (Tutor Move).. Ice Shard is a level-up move from Sneasel (51 in BW, 47 in XY).. so you can run Icicle Crash as an egg move. Ice Punch is also a Tutor Move as well.. At least according to serebii (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/461.shtml) anyway.

0 HP EVs = 281 HP (28 damage from LO, 70 damage from SR)
4 HP EVs = 282 HP (28 damage from LO, 70 damage from SR)

No point of re-distributing the extra HP.

On an unrelated note.. you could do a fairly cheesy setup with Normal Gem/Fake Out with Pickpocket, could backfire if you hit a Choiced item or if they go into their Mega Pokemon. If a Dark-type/Ice-type Gem was available, that could be interesting..

As for the main set, since Weavile is in Field egg group, it has full access to any of its egg moves + Low Kick (Tutor Move) + Knock Off (Tutor Move).. Ice Shard is a level-up move from Sneasel (51 in BW, 47 in XY).. so you can run Icicle Crash as an egg move. Ice Punch is also a Tutor Move as well.. At least according to serebii (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/461.shtml) anyway.
Icicle Crash was NOT an egg move in gen 5, so it can't have tutor moves with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)