Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has already been suggested, as I didn't really want to read through 47 pages just to see, but I'd like a box system, similar to PO's. I'd like to beable to create a mon with EVs, item, nick, moveset, etc. and be able to put it away in the box for use on another team. I know that I could store it in a text file, but boxes would be more convenient, accessible, and fun.
Seconding this oh my god.
While a decent idea, sets can easily be pulled up from the teambuilder at any time, and you could always just make the pokemon with the set and save it on its own in the teambuilder, as this would perform the same function as saving it in a box would.
While this is true, it is much more of a hassle having to sift through 6 pokemon at a time than, say, 20 while their specifications are displayed, similarly to netballte and PO. I understand this is low priority but it'd indeed improve the client.

I have to second adding "ignore opponent" or "ignore all" as an option. I hardly play anymore because I'm sick of people complaining about hax, trash talking, etc. I've even met some salty-ass fuckers in random battles, what's up with that? I don't even respond to these types of people anymore. Sure I could just try to ignore them and carry on, but it's just really annoying seeing other players' anger/frustration and it gets on my nerves. I don't complain when I get haxed; I continue playing like a level-headed person without cussing out my opponent and I don't see why others can't do the same. It just pisses me off that people get so upset over a game and it puts me in a negative mood too.

It'd be a shame if I had to do something really quick and couldn't inform my opponent before they turned on battle timer, but if that's the price I'd have to pay to have a (seemingly) salt-free environment I'd take it in an instant. I really want to get into the XY metagame and maybe finally earn my tier contrib badge, but as of now I can hardly play 5 matches without at least one of my opponents pissing me off to no end.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Either the 3d models need to go or there needs to be a way to eliminate the horrendous lag. i've lost a lot of games to timeout because of my poor internet before but with the inclusion of these 3d models, i can barely ladder :[

Either the 3d models need to go or there needs to be a way to eliminate the horrendous lag. i've lost a lot of games to timeout because of my poor internet before but with the inclusion of these 3d models, i can barely ladder :[
It's not actually 3d models....it's gif animations of the 3d models. I.e. the same thing as the old sprites. If you don't believe me, go into a battle, right click one of the pokemon, and click open image in new tab (or whatever the equivalent is on your browser). So if your battles are lagging, it's not because of the new graphics.

Anyway, I'd like to third the "box" suggestion. Would be really really nice, and having each pokemon as its own team makes the team builder area much too cluttered. The best I can do right now is save each pokemon as text in a text file, of course not as efficient as having a GUI for the box system.

I'd preffer the 3D models could be toggled on and off mostly because I think they look godawful (no offense intended to the people who made them). Also, nitpick but some of them are so big (Zard-Y) they overlap with hazards visual aid (Stealth Rock). Yes, they are translucent, yes, you have to be dumb to forget there are hazards on your side but I thought I'd point that out. Lastly, and I realize this would be super low priority, being able to select sprite version for each pokémon/team (GSC sprite, etc.) à la Netbattle would be neat.

I'd preffer the 3D models could be toggled on and off mostly because I think they look godawful (no offense intended to the people who made them). Also, nitpick but some of them are so big (Zard-Y) they overlap with hazards visual aid (Stealth Rock). Yes, they are translucent, yes, you have to be dumb to forget there are hazards on your side but I thought I'd point that out. Lastly, and I realize this would be super low priority, being able to select sprite version for each pokémon/team (GSC sprite, etc.) à la Netbattle would be neat.
The number of suggestions for a sprite toggle is overwhelming, so that will probably come into effect. Also, the sprites aren't completely refined in terms of sizes and I've heard many look large/blurry from behind. I'm sure as things go, some of the sprites will perhaps be resized.

Currently that also disables battle animations too, so you can't have the old sprites with animations. It's a good solution for now, though. Personally, I really like the new sprites so I have no issue.

I don't know if this has been addressed before (if it did, then I apologize), but now with the new 3D models the backgrounds seem kinda out of place. How about some new ones? I know that it would be kinda hard to directly rip the battle backgrounds from XY but I would like some new ones. Thanks :]

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Mayb it would be neat to have the 2d sprites exclusively on the older gen formats, and keep the 3d for gen VI.
Also small thing but the shiny models for gen VI legends were leaked so please please put them in they look godly.

Well, I would like if there would be a Lv. 50 option on the damage calculator, what automatically puts Pokémon on Lv. 50 instead of Lv. 100's.
As I do bunch of calculations for in-game Pokémon, and for my VGC teams, I find it rather annoying to always go and write the "Lv. 50" there, just because the calculations on Lv. 50 Pokémon and Lv. 100 Pokémon aren't quite the same.

A moderated chat room. Tag battles (two people VS two people). Triple battle. Music choice. The ability to block nicknames (Please!). BTW as a programmer, I really love showdown. It is a masterpiece to me.

As in a chat room not filled to the brim with foul language.
Well as a user who moderates chatrooms I can assure you that many of the chatrooms I help moderate aren't completely foul as you describe them.
Trust me you can find a lot of rooms on main server that are filled with good users, a nice staff n_n.
Take a tour around, maybe I'll see you around :x

Add a command similar to /warn that brings up the room description instead of the PS rules. It can be useful for when someone is chatting very off topic and also because most rooms have a set of room-specific rules in their room description. The only room that wont benefit from this change is the lobby but that's it really. It shouldn't be too difficult to program either. :)

Add a command similar to /warn that brings up the room description instead of the PS rules. It can be useful for when someone is chatting very off topic and also because most rooms have a set of room-specific rules in their room description. The only room that wont benefit from this change is the lobby but that's it really. It shouldn't be too difficult to program either. :)
A new addition is that room owners can set room rules by typing /rules roomruleslink. This allows for them to show up when !rules is typed in the room. That does sort of cover your suggestion, but when warned it could also be useful.

I love Showdown's programming and don't have any problems with it. One suggestion would be when you press Watch a Battle it organizes based on ELO Rank, so that people can watch higher ranked matches.

I suggest new movie's effects. Current are ugly and boring. As can import pokemons appearance of X / Y why you can not import the appearance moves for HeartGold(In my opinion in this version of the prettiest look) or other pokemon version?

I've been thinking about the need for a "simple question, simple answer" room on the server. For example, if you're wondering about the mechanics of a move, item, ability, etc. you would go to that room and ask. It wouldn't be as newbie-oriented as Mentoring or as dedicated as Competitive Tutoring. It would be a room for people who need a quick question answered so that they don't make the wrong move in a battle or don't spend time on a faulty build in the teambuilder. The lobby might serve this purpose sometimes, but I often see people too caught up in their own conversations to bother answering a random question. If we remove these kind of questions from the lobby entirely and give them their own room then the lobby becomes less clogged, nobody in the lobby feels the need to provide an answer, and nobody needs to feel awkward or bashful about disrupting the flow of chat for their question. Any thoughts?
If you're looking to suggest a room, try reading this 'How to Suggest a Room' thread and posting your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)