The XY Ubers Replays of Excellence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Skarmory is mine as a matter of fact and it lacks Custap because Custap is unavailable.
Suicide leads in G6 are useless, custap or not. Defog users make one move more useful than an entire mon of yours. Additionally, when your opponent is unable to construct a mediocre team and doesn't really know how to play the game, you can't really have a replay of excellence

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Suicide leads in G6 are useless, custap or not. Defog users make one move more useful than an entire mon of yours. Additionally, when your opponent is unable to construct a mediocre team and doesn't really know how to play the game, you can't really have a replay of excellence
That isn't entirely true, there were quite abit of sticky web/HO teams lying around that rely on offensive pressure and/or shit ton of taunt users to ensure that your opponent cannot defog or in the off chance that they do, they're forced to pay a large price.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-94349427

I was testing out on an alt account (SunnyGirl) a team, and stall happened. It's one of my most fun matches since I started playing, three months ago, and I decided to share.
Props to Artie315 :)
>no blue flare spam when sun was up
>resh switching out against ferro
>pressure lugiass
>random bad plays
>bad opp, quote below
artie315: multiscale lugia sucks, imo. (Sad part is I can't refute it since pressure was better than multiscale in this battle lol)
>mono attacking cm steelceus
>charm blissey
>getting swept by cm steelceus when you have a Ho oh.

You literally could've just sent out resh turn 1, set up sunny day then spam blue flare to win.

>pressure lugiass
>random bad plays
>bad opp, quote below
artie315: multiscale lugia sucks, imo. (Sad part is I can't refute it since pressure was better than multiscale in this battle lol)
>charm blissey

You literally could've just sent out resh turn 1, set up sunny day then spam blue flare to win.
Hey, I'm still learning :D
Stall clouds my judgement, I don't like it.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
-4 252+ SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 296-348 (84 - 98.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's why Reshi switched out. Specially defensive Ferrothorn is a thing in ubers.

>pressure lugiass
Which proved to be extremely useful by stalling Ho-oh's Sacred Fire.

>random bad plays
There were no "bad plays". Mispredictions can and do happen in prolonged battles.

>bad opp, quote below
Opponent was fine.

Multiscale Lugia kind of sucks on stall teams. This battle shows how Pressure can be much more useful to them.

Nothing wrong about it. It also doubled as Defog supporter and Xerneas counter. The only alternative eould be Mega Scizor, who has bad special bulk in comparison.

>charm blissey
Gimmicky, but not completely useless.

Said Ho-oh ran out of Sacred Fire PP early in the match, then it got Knocked Off. It couldn't do a damn thing to Steelceus.

Not with Heatran around.
My comments in bold.

Not with Heatran around.
Don't forget Turboblaze negates Flash Fire.

252+ SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran in Sun: 348-411 (90.1 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Any other variant gets OHKO by Blue Flare in Sun with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)