########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Superpower
move 4: Zen Headbutt
ability: Hustle
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spd (Last gen EV spread because specific EVs arent my specialty)
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

-Outrage has insane power after STAB and Hustle
-Crunch is the Dark STAB move of choice
-Superpower for a strong move as well as nice coverage
-Zen Headbutt for another move choice and coverage

Set Details
========

-Jolly to maximize Speed so he can outspeed a lot with Scarf
-Choice Scarf as Deino is slow and he needs Speed
-EV Spread to max Speed and Attack while the rest just gets put into bulk

Usage Tips
========

-Late game cleaner is really all it can do
-Make sure all pokemon with Sturdy will have it broken(I.E. Rocks)
-Weak to some common types so play safe and accordingly

Team Options
========

-Gastly: Immune to Fighting-type as well as resistant to Fairy-type
-Hazard Setters: Deino really needs to kill stuff asap as it is weak, hazards help break Sturdy.

Other Options
########

-Specially offensive set
-Fire / Ice Fang
-Eviolite Thunder Wave+Dragon Tail

Checks & Counters
########

-Fairy-type: Immune to Outrage and resists Superpower and Crunch and can ohko with Fairy-type move. Spritzee is an amazing counter out of the Fairies.
-Meditite: Specifically Choice Scarf Tite can take a hit on the switch and can ohko with Drain Punch and heal all the damage taken.
-Timburr: Can take the hit and ko with either Drain Punch or Mach Punch

Last edited:
Ok first of all mention that deino has one of the strongest moves In the tier, also add thunder wave in at least oo, otherwise pretty good start.

I'd add in the set coments that Deino can defeat non-scarf Pawniard at +2 thanks to superpower, outspeeding it and resisting sucker punch. Not sure on how it takes an Iron Head from Scarf Pawn but I believe it survives an ohkoes (assuming no hustle miss).

It also works as a good revenge killer as fairies are now kinda uncommon since swirlix ban (only spritzee an cottonee, i think).

Pawniard itself is a good teammate: threatens fairies, can knock off eviolites, bj and scarf to ease a sweep but they share a fighting weakness. Gastly can defeat fairies, is immune to fighting and softens physical walls with powerful special attacks.

Also mention its lack of coverage moves as a downside.

Hope it helps :).

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Pokemasta77, good work! However, I have a few comments:

Add in a Life Orb set, as Deino's STAB Life Orb Hustle Outrage is extremely powerful, and it can be an excellent wallbreaker.

The analysis is really bare-bones; try adding in more teammates like Wynaut/Gothita for fighters (and Spritzee to an extent), hazard-setters like Dwebble and Ferroseed, and possibly Sticky Web support from the likes of Surskit.

More C&C stuff; mainly Steels.

Hello Pokemasta77, good work! However, I have a few comments:

Add in a Life Orb set, as Deino's STAB Life Orb Hustle Outrage is extremely powerful, and it can be an excellent wallbreaker.

The analysis is really bare-bones; try adding in more teammates like Wynaut/Gothita for fighters (and Spritzee to an extent), hazard-setters like Dwebble and Ferroseed, and possibly Sticky Web support from the likes of Surskit.

More C&C stuff; mainly Steels.
Is LO set worth it or better in OO? It is slow and with lackluster defenses, wont take many hits.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is LO set worth it or better in OO? It is slow and with lackluster defenses, wont take many hits.
I'd say it's worth it; LO is better against stall / defensive teams, while Scarf is better vs offense and balanced teams.

I agree with adding a Life Orb set due to its sheer wallbreaking power. Mention Torchic as a partner since it can pass Attack/Accuracy boosts with Hone Claws (not to mention speed). After one accuracy boost, Deino doesn't have to worry about missing with any of its moves except Zen Headbutt, which has a respectable 96% accuracy at +1 with Hustle.

236 Atk Hustle Deino Head Smash vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 11-14 (40.7 - 51.8%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

40.96% w/ accuracy :|
  • Head Smash vs. 36/20 Eviolite Murkrow: 147.82-173.91%
zhb<outrage anyway on fighting-types

also a specs set could work? hustle doesn't lower special move accuracy, it's tied for most SpA of any dragon, and it has STAB Dark Pulse and Earth Power

The pr
also a specs set could work? hustle doesn't lower special move accuracy, it's tied for most SpA of any dragon, and it has STAB Dark Pulse and Earth Power
The problem with this is that deino has a better trait that does nearly the same thing (wall breaking) albeit against different walls but nonetheless wall breaking and having hustle really helps with that. In the end special deino isn't really worth it but is still usable but I'd say oo

Well, I have to say this is disappointing:

+1 236+ Atk Life Orb Hustle Deino Head Smash vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 22-26 (81.4 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Even if Deino gets passed a Hone Claws boost, it won't be enough to break Spritzee unless it has taken some prior damage. So, it's not getting past Spritzee ;/ HOWEVER, it is able to smash through most every other Eviolite mon in the tier (regardless of their defensive investment) at +1. Zen Headbutt will OHKO all Mienfoo and Foongus, Crunch OHKOs Slowpoke and Missy, Superpower OHKOs Munchlax and Ferro, etc etc etc. Of course, this is all contingent on Deino successfully receiving the Hone Claws boost, as it's critical to its success.

So...

Deino @ Life Orb
Outrage/Dragon Claw | Crunch | Superpower | Zen Headbutt/Head Smash
evs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
nature: Adamant

This set takes advantage of Deino's ability to the fullest so it can hit the entire tier obscenely hard, hitting with a 33 attack stat (factoring in LO and Hustle). Torchic support (I'd say) is required, since Torchic can fix Deino's problem with accuracy, as well as bringing Deino's attack stat to 49 by passing it a Hone Claws boost. The EVs will let Deino survive Timburr's Mach Punch.

My plan was to mention the Specs set in OO as it can be done but really is not worth it. BTW, I am not gonna make any updates until I see what people say because I do not want to change it to have it changed back.

Aipom, Sentret, and Spinarak are also capable of passing Hone Claws boosts, but are outclassed by Torchic in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)