Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

How the hell did this even happen..
Apparently there are some trainers who walk around and have 0 line of sight. So that means somehow Red walked between the table and the wall, then engaged the trainer as he walked past. After battles, trainers stop walking around. Now the only way out is to black out. Best part is that the last mon can't be poisoned and quad resists all the poison moves flying around.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So... seems like the current goal is to deposit the Poké Flute in Red's PC, while withdrawing HM04 Strength and teach to Nidoking. The Poké Flute is usually a blessing, but when it allows for the players to skip a turn in battle "playing a catchy une", it usually does more bad than good.

I wonder if we're even halfway through the game as far as spent time goes. Getting through Victory Road is bad enough (it's long, and mazy - and Twitch once spent an entire day navigating Team Rocket's hideout), especially considered that if they black out, they have to go back from Viridian again, navigating past a ledge every time. But the Elite Four is a challenge far greater than they've ever met before. Five trainers in a row, each with powerful Pokémon. So far, they've muscled through the game by being overlevelled, but it takes a bit more to bring an E4 member down. Never mind five of them.

rocket's hideout is significantly more difficult than VicRoad
Not sure, the ledge we need to pass before even getting to victory road is the hardest in the game(in fact it might even be completely impossible as long as the down bots keep running). And the boulder puzzle requires some accurate movement if i remember correctly.
Worst of all unlike rocket hideout we're going to blackout at least several times before get through it.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
good point, you're probably right lol, i still think the spin tiles are be more difficult, as you can't really just keep trying till it works, like you can in VicRoad

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Also keep the Strength puzzles in mind. Every time they do a mistake, they will have to leave the room and re-enter. And upon re-entry, they have to select Strength from the Pokémon menu anew.

Also, since the boulders reset whenever the player leaves the room, they will have to do the Strength puzzles over again each time they black out. You know, after passing the ledge.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
O ye of little faith, I have no doubt that the ledge is possible. It's not happening in a timely manner by any means, but it will happen.

I don't doubt that the stream will go democracy for strength puzzles though. And honestly, I would not blame them. I kinda just want to see them finish so I can stop caring (can't stop what I start). The gimmick has worn quite thin imo. And what's more I've heard whispers that the streamer is apparently planning to make a Gen 2 stream.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
So... seems like the current goal is to deposit the Poké Flute in Red's PC, while withdrawing HM04 Strength and teach to Nidoking. The Poké Flute is usually a blessing, but when it allows for the players to skip a turn in battle "playing a catchy une", it usually does more bad than good.
Doesn't lapras already know strength?

I think we should stay away from the PC as much as we can. We've got a good team now and we don't want to release anything else.

I think we should stay away from the PC as much as we can. We've got a good team now and we don't want to release anything else.
Yes please, our team is golden as is. Let's not release everyone but ATV or some shit trying to deposit the pokeflute.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
Well, Nidoking could use another strong move that can't be accidentally rewritten. Besides, it'll make it twice as easy to activate Strength during Victory Road.

There's a reason why I said "Red's PC". The PC in the player's room in Pallet Town can only be used for items. No risk of releasing anything.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can someone explain why we're back at Pallet Town?
Also, what's going on with the Pokeflute? Do we need it?

Edit : Oh, okay. Safety measures.

We're back in pallet town because there are hundreds of bots (like 700+) who are pressing down every 30 seconds.

There is no way we'll ever get out of pallet town before they are out of the picture.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
bots? I thought Twitch had better protection than that.
Randoms have been complaining about arbitrary spam bans and now you tell me there are 700+ bots? Sounds fishy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)