Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied someone's idea of using NFE's and going to town. Well, here's my first two replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-91877781

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-91878594
(Hint: the second's funnier to watch).
Eviolite, though. Sure your offenses sucked, but that team is still absurdly bulky.

I've been considering trying out an Eviolite Doublade for just that reason. Sure you give up Stance Change, a little offensive power, and most of your special defense, but its physical bulk is significantly better than Aegislash-Shield and it doesn't have to worry about swapping forms.

More random things:

Imprison Smeargle
Brick Break Gliscor (no Toxic Orb btw)
Someone using just a Delphox and a Swampert.
Acupressure Smeargle (Guess he didn't know Shell Smash exists)
Acupressure Shuckle, who ended up at +2 Defense, Speed, Evasion and Accuracy, making his opponent forfeit.
Swords Dance, Life Orb... Tentacruel.

EDIT: More;

Marshtomp
Blast Burn, Hyper Beam, Eruption, Substitute Thyplosion
Aerial Ace Dragonite (STAB is STAB, I guess...)
Reflect Alakazam (which managed to survive a Life Orb Garchomp's Crunch)
A Breloom with only Fighting coverage: Spore, Dynamic Punch, Drain Punch and Mach Punch
Gunk Shot Donphan

Last edited:
Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 1
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SAtk / 0 SDef
- Recycle
- Toxic
- Magic Coat
- Protect

gg@everything

So, not the dumbest thing in the world. Dies horribly to Mold Breaker or a round of bad prediction, but not completely unusable.
If I remember, the Magnemite just flat out died.

Even if it is a good idea - FEAR's not something you should just slap onto a team in hopes of victory.

Hey, don't even hate on Magma Storm. It is a REALLY nice move, regardless of its accuracy. Also, Tormentran. I use it all the time but I NEVER try it when another Heatran is still standing. Apparently my opponent didnt get the memo, and got destroyed by my offensive one.
I know TrapperTran is legit, I just found it funny that two trappers were facing each other.

Showdown 239 TPP.PNG

Enough with the TwitchPlaysPokemon teams people!!!

(Poster's note: I apologize for the use of SwagPlay. I was just testing this team out)

protect aegislash and focus band forretress are some of the worst ive seen lately
I used an Aegislash with protect+toxic+substitute+iron head (with leftovers) as a gimmick after hearing a handful of complaints about Aegislash being too predictable. I actually managed to pull of some really successful and fun plays simply because I wasn't running the usual king's shield + boost + shadow sneak.

How does that work? Huge power doubles the attack stat, not the base power of the moves right?
Here's the Description of Foul Play
Deals damage. The target's Attack stat and the target's stat boosts, not the user's, are used in damage calculation. The target's ability and item, if they boost the Attack stat, are not incorporated into the calculation. The user's item, ability, and status affect the damage calculation.

Time to write the weird stuff i have seen down the ladder:
- Drain punch Alakazam
- Outrage Sceptile
- Seviper
- Regigigas
- Vigoroth
- Audino
- Sawk
- Egg bomb Chansey
- Quilava
- Focus blast Breloom
- Double edge Salamence
- Metang, Girafarig and Ratticate in an ou team ( not like Metang has an evolution that is allowed in ou )
- A Sylveon with dig and draining kiss
- Focus blast Breloom
- Mighyena
- Psychic Blissey
- Aerial ace tangrowth
- Cute charm Milotic with blizzard
- Drain punch Lucario
- Iron tail non mega Charizard
- A Cloyster with payback and icicle crash holding an iron ball
- Focus band Sylveon
- Black belt Talonflame
- Butterfree
- Dusknoir
- Using Close Combat against Rotom's normal form the first turn and then forfeiting
- Shell bell Garchomp
- A team with Furret, only Furret
- Cheri berry Dragonite
- Black glasses Umbreon with dark pulse and psychic

I used an Aegislash with protect+toxic+substitute+iron heAead (with leftovers) as a gimmick after hearing a handful of complaints about Aegislash being too predictable. I actually managed to pull of some really successful and fun plays simply because I wasn't running the usual king's shield + boost + shadow sneak.
Aegislash is way less predictable than you think. I've yet to use a swords dance set on mine. Mixed aegis and autonomize aegis are very good. I do like the thought with sub + kings shield though. Oh and you definitely need kings shield on a set like that. And flash canon is a better option than iron head.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Was already posted by someone else:

But still, at least we now understand what goes through their heads when they go into teambuilder.

Here's another video from the same guy, some wonders from this one include flame body talonflame, Diggersby without return, jirachi without iron head, confuse ray psychic umbreon, and swords dance blizzard weavile x_x

I just... i just don't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)