Weatherfest - A quadruple weather team (Peaked at ~1600 Elo/2200 ACRE)

Hi folks,
This team originated when user Hack He Must jokingly suggested that I should make a quad weather team. So I went with it and the results were.. not very bad. The team is quite effective and has an upsetting effect on players who dismiss it as a troll. The team relies a lot on finding safe switch-in's for things and as a result you may have to sacrifice a lot of stuff. I'll walk you through the team now.

It was obvious for a quad weather team to have four members pre-determined. The slot for the Sand-setter was a toss up but I am happy with Ttar as of now. The Mega-slot was also up for grabs with Mega-Ttar and Mega-Aboma vying for it, but that is settled now with Mega-Aboma being my Kyogre counter.

Sand (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Tyranitar is my lead for non Deoxys teams. It is also my soft check to Ekiller and my Ho-oh switch in. Stealth Rocks is obvious. Low Kick helps against Ekiller/Steels. Stone Edge is for Ho-oh. Thunder wave cripples Yveltal and Xerneas that set up Geomancy. The EV spread is full defensive so that Ttar can take hits from Ho-oh like a baws. I may consider a mixed defensive spread to survive an unboosted moonblast from Xerneas but that exposes me very much against Ekiller. Ttar can also survive most attacks from Yveltal with the exception of Focus Miss either kill or cripple it in return. The SpD boost in sand is an awesome bonus to have.
Notes: I am considering Crunch>Low Kick to take advantage of STAB and have something against Aegislash. MMX is a threat to this thing but it can paralyze it if it goes for a Bulk-Up instead of Taunt/Low Kick

Hail (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
IVs: 0 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Grass Knot
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

I truly wish there was a better Hail setter available because Abomasnow sucks. There are two main options for Aboma: It can either go mega or it can use an assault vest. The only thing it does alright is checking choiced Kyogre which is a huge threat otherwise. Ferrothorn completely shuts this down so I need it out of my way ASAP. This is also a huge Ho-oh bait which you can use to your advantage. It is also quite useful in wearing support Arcii down and allowing for safe switch-ins to my stall breaker.
Notes: If you go for AV, use Focus Blast and Ice Shard instead of Sub-seed. AV allows you to use Mega Ttar which is also a good physical wall with its humongous base 150 Defense.

Sun (Groudon) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 HP / 176 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Groudon is my physical set-up sweeper and imo Double Dancer Groudon > Geomancy Xerneas. Lum Berry is to lure in Will-o-wisps and set up another boost. You can use either Earth Plate or Life Orb if you want extra power but then support Arceus fucks you up. The moves are quite obvious with EdgeQuake giving excellent coverage bar Lugia if rocks aren't up or physically defensive Giratina-A/-O. Groudon will get multiple opportunities to set up throughout the match and you have to choose the appropriate boost based on the situation (Rock Polish for HO, Swords dance for stall). It's even better if the opponent tries to status you and allows you to gain another boost. Chansey/Blissey give great opportunities to set up and these should be utilized as such.
The EV spread allows for some bulk while outspeeding everything upto Scarf Terrakion. Scarf Shaymin-S rapes Groudon after a boost but who even uses that thing.

Rain (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

One of the best revenge killers in the game was an obvious choice for the rain spot (lol Politoed). It has to be used conservatively so that Water Spout remains at a high enough power. It is to be used mainly as a revenge killer or a late game sweeper. The moveset is standard with Surf>Water spout if the health is below 75%. Modest nature is for extra power with surf that allows me to rkill Ekiller after some prior damage. Scarf Zekrom isn't a problem for this Kyogre as Groudon and Fairyceus always make it go 50-50.

Support (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Ah, the fairy type. Support Fairyceus grants an extremely valuable Dragon immunity to the team. It takes on Zekrom, Yveltal, Darkrai without Sludge Wave extremely well. The EVs are meant to outspeed base 90s and get quick burns off on them. 96Spd Timid is another option to take care of Mega Kangaskhan. The moves are the usual on any support Arceus. Judgment for awesome stab and for Dark/Fighting/Dragon types who think they can stay in. Defog is to get rid of hazards and pave the way for Ho-oh. Will-o-wisp is primarily for Ekiller and Groudon but I sometimes use Roar for PHazing as well. Recover is to increase staying power against other supportceus. This is also a good lure for Ho-oh and I usually end up double switching to Ho-oh and wrecking havoc with Water Spouts.

Break (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 24 Spd / 232 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Ho-oh is a mean killing machine and the best pokemon to have on a team like this. Equipped with a Choice Band, it does an insane amount of damage to it's switch ins. This is my stall breaker and deals easily with Ferrothorn, Blobs and Other assorted stuff. It can also tank attacks from neutral or resisted CM Arceus and can at least 2HKO in return. The moves are standard, though you can forgo EQ if you want but it helps against Rockceus, Tyranitar, Dialga and Aegislash in the rain.

Remarks:
  • This team has some problems with set up sweepers like Arceus and GeoXern due to the lack of a PHazer. These are often worked around but I need a fool proof way to deal with these as they are quite common on the ladder.
  • The supportceus and stallbreaker spots are up for debate and I have used other combos like Rockceus+Yveltal instead. Please suggest some good options for these slots as well.
  • Hippowdown is a good option instead of Tyranitar for the sand spot, but I find it too much of a typing overlap with Groudon and so far Ttar hs done its job quite well.
  • I have not saved many replays and will try to put some up but do not rely too much on it, the ladder sucks anyway.
  • I won't be putting up an importable version as many of these sets are a mix and match anyway.
All said and done, feel free to Rate, Hate, Comment, Steal this team and use it to prove the futility of laddering.

Shoutout:

Hack He Must for inspiring the concept and name of this team.

Threatlist:
Offensive Threats
Ekiller Arceus:
Fairyceus can burn it. Ttar can 2HKO with low kick + sandstorm. Groudon can kill after prior damage. Hooh survives non LO +2 Espeed and can KO if previously weakened.
Geomancy Xerneas: Ttar can cripple with T-wave, Ho-oh can take care of Xern in Sun, Kyogre can OHKO unboosted Xern.
LO Yveltal: Ttar walls non Focus Blast versions, can 2HKO with stone edge. Fairyceus takes hits quite well and 2HKOs always. Hooh can take Dark Pulse and OHKO non PhysDef versions lacking Foul Play.
Calm Mind Arceus: Calm Mind versions are a bit problematic. Ogre can 2HKO unresisted ones after a boost. Hooh can take care of all but Water, Rock and Eleceus. Abomasnow can stall somewhat with Subseed but is fucked by recover. (I may use toxic on Aboma)

To be updated soon

Last edited:
4 weather in only one team, it isn't the best choice, I think Mega Blaziken>Mega Abomasnow, under sun he is too broken, but 4 weather is too exagerate, remove 2/3 weather, and play the game.

Enki, thanks for the rate. But the whole point of this team is to show that 4 weathers in one team can function efficiently. The aim here is to make it as effective as possible without compromising on the weathers. I agree that Mega-Blaziken is a good pokemon to have but it simply doesn't fit into my team without giving up on a weather.

np man, you can use specs kyogre, or change mega into ddance mega tyranitar.
Thats all for me, GL with the team

A non-troll team deserves a non-troll rate:

I'll start out by saying that quadruple weather is a viable playstyle, do not let people make you think otherwise. The ability to mess up the opponent strategy while simultaneously strengthening your own is fearsome when played correctly. However, I will say that in order to be successful with this team you need to have a high level of prediction and skill. This will come with time and practice. Also, you need to master the art of the mind-game while attacking in a continuous and fluid manner. Flow is key.

Thanks for the rate Jimmyftw. The team options are quite limited due to the 4 Weather constraint. I have however found that it is quite easy to predict a lot of the moves on ladder at least till I reach an ELO of 1500. Things get quite difficult afterwards. I have to keep switching and predicting constantly so as to cover up for the most basic flaws.
What I want from the community is to make this team rely less on prediction and make it more synergistic. I am open to suggestions regarding this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)