UU Simple Questions Thread

What's the Pokemon closest to be considered broken?

Also what counters Haxorus in offensive teams?

EDIT: What's the best EV spread for Specs Exploud?

Last edited:
What are some decent checks and/or counters to CM sweepers that'd fit on a bulky offense team?
Pokemon with access to the moves Whirlwind, Roar, and Dragon Tail, such as Hippowdon, Vaporeon, and Mega-Aggron respectively, can all keep CM sweepers from setting up. If they end up as the last Pokemon remaining on your opponents team however, these Pokemon won't help much. Taunt users are also great at shutting them down, and can even keep them from setting up when they're all that's left. Mew has both great bulk and access to Taunt (as well as most every other teachable move), and would definitely help with CM users.

Another solution would be to target their weaker Defense stat and use powerful Choice Band Pokemon. Bulkier variants of these Pokemon would include Swampert, Chesnaught, or Metagross. If using a Choice Band Poemon however, I recommend using something more along the lines of Heracross or Darmanitan, as they provide more offensive pressure.

Banded Heracross sounds good to me, as it has guts to switch into Scalds and take a burn. Thank you for the answer.

I think it's worthwhile to bring up Perish Song Celebi in this case as well as not only can it check Crocune repeatedly during the match but also checkmate it in a last mon standing scenario. It's probably better on stall teams though as Celebi is already pressed for moveslots otherwise... Sound , keep in mind that Banded Hera won't help you as much against CM Slowbro or Reuniclus which imo are as threatening as Suicune

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sound , another option that maybe isn't as common, but fits Bulky Offense to a "T" is Escavalier. It will struggle a bit against Suicune, but its Steel typing helps it a ton against Slowbro and Reuniclus while its Megahorn is actually stronger than Heracross's. It can also effectively run Assault Vest if you'd rather take safety against possible coverage moves (Fire Blast Slowbro is a thing after all) or critical hits. (we know luck hates us all) Keep in mind that it's slow as molasses and will require investment just to outpace Slowbro and Reuniclus.

how often does the uu viability thread get updated on average or is it like an every 48 hr thing or something?
Whenever Limitless gets to it really. The guy does have a life that exceeds Smogon, as well as basic human needs. Give him some time.

How good is scarf heracross in this meta? I know it was terrifying last gen, is it as terrifying for XY with the increase in priority and whatnot?

How good is scarf heracross in this meta? I know it was terrifying last gen, is it as terrifying for XY with the increase in priority and whatnot?
With Florges' popularity, Hawlucha's even higher Speed tier, Mega-Blastoise, and the all-new Ghost-types that have been introduced to Underused, I've personally found Choice Scarf Heracross to be very underwhelming. The tier is just too defensive for it right now.

As a side note, priority really isn't big in Underused right now, which is why shit like Hawlucha finds so much success in this tier.

imo guts sd or band is the way to go for heracross right now, its much more suited to be a wallbreaker than a sweeper in this meta

What are Jirachi's most effective sets in the meta? There are plenty of sets it can use effectively, but which ones deal well with some of the top threats?

When will UU be split up into RU and NU?
Never.
UU will always stay in existance, RU and will simply emerge from the 'mons that are below the usage cutoff (which is 3.41% in usage). Following on that, NU will be made from all the Pokemon that don't make it into to RU tier (where the cutoff will be 3.41% as well)

Never.
UU will always stay in existance, RU and will simply emerge from the 'mons that are below the usage cutoff (which is 3.41% in usage). Following on that, NU will be made from all the Pokemon that don't make it into to RU tier (where the cutoff will be 3.41% as well)
So just like last gen?

Let's assume I'm insane and want to use an offensive Wall-breaker Mega Banette with this set:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch

What are some good Pokemon to work alongside it, both defensively and offensively?

Let's assume I'm insane and want to use an offensive Wall-breaker Mega Banette with this set:

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch

What are some good Pokemon to work alongside it, both defensively and offensively?
Why does anyone use Phantom Force? Atleast Fly will take a leftovers charge from a rock type and Water Absorb isn't that common that Dive is useless, do people want Normal types to catch on?

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Was the UU Team building competition removed?
Yes, it was deleted by Limitless. Not sure why but you can probably ask him!

Why does anyone use Phantom Force? Atleast Fly will take a leftovers charge from a rock type and Water Absorb isn't that common that Dive is useless, do people want Normal types to catch on?
I haven't played much with Mega Banette so I don't know whats best/standard, but Phantom Force is significantly stronger than Shadow Claw (1.28 times stronger, almost a Life Orb boost) and Ghost is a great offensive STAB. Fly and Dive are both pretty useless competitively, as there are moves that are stronger and don't allow your opponent to bring out a resistance/immunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)