Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things I saw from watching other battles:

A Smeargle with Hypnosis. He seemed really annoyed when it missed twice in a row.
A Skarmory with Focus Sash. And that guy was so proud of himself when it activated. Not to mention that he later in the duel tried to Toxic an Excadrill. Twice.

+2 252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 216-255 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 346-408 (87.8 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Guts Ursaring Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 179-211 (52 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Alexxi

Banned deucer.
One time I saw a shadow claw Ferrothorn? ( where are your arms? D:) String shot mantine (where are you and what are you doing?) Cryogonal with attract ( why doesn't anyone fall in love with it? :() Iron Ball Fling Dragonite, Final Gambit Shedinja ( yea that 1 dmg does SO MUCH), Physical Heatran ( I mean what? :P ) , and some other stuff I can't remember xD

One time I saw a shadow claw Ferrothorn? ( where are your arms? D:) String shot mantine (where are you and what are you doing?) Cryogonal with attract ( why doesn't anyone fall in love with it? :() and many more I can't remember xD
I GUESS Shadow Claw Ferro can use it to mess up enemy Aegislash, though I think Payback is better here since it's still slower than Aegislash.

String Shot Mantine... uhm... Well, in doubles it's a speed drop for the whole enemy side. That's a thing, I guess, that could be useful.

Attract Cryogonal, though, even my deepest darkest devil's advocate has nothing. I'm surprised that a genderless Pokemon can even learn it.

I GUESS Shadow Claw Ferro can use it to mess up enemy Aegislash, though I think Payback is better here since it's still slower than Aegislash.

String Shot Mantine... uhm... Well, in doubles it's a speed drop for the whole enemy side. That's a thing, I guess, that could be useful.

Attract Cryogonal, though, even my deepest darkest devil's advocate has nothing. I'm surprised that a genderless Pokemon can even learn it.
Attract Cryogonal can hit other genderless Pokémon with Attract, and is the only genderless mon to learn the move. So it can sorta screw up Rotom-W and Genesect. (But Genesect is banned so that doesn't matter anymore.)

String Shot now drops Speed by two stages instead of one stage. So if you're slow, I suppose it could be useful? Really though, String Shot is inferior to Sticky Web and Agility unless you're in Doubles.

Also, Arcanine in itself isn't really silly. Nor is Swellow, because Guts Facade hits really hard.

Last edited:
One time I saw a shadow claw Ferrothorn? ( where are your arms? D:) String shot mantine (where are you and what are you doing?) Cryogonal with attract ( why doesn't anyone fall in love with it? :() Iron Ball Fling Dragonite, Final Gambit Shedinja ( yea that 1 dmg does SO MUCH), Physical Heatran ( I mean what? :P ) , and some other stuff I can't remember xD
Iron ball gives you the maximum damage for fling so it's not that bad however toxic/flame orb and light ball are better fling objects.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92747204

-Grass Knot Diggersby

-Aeriel Ace M-Heracross

-X-Scissor/Cross Poison Crobat. Not immediately (overly) silly, but the guy spamming those moves against a team without a single pokemon weak to them was.

-Infernape with (seemingly) no Fighting moves.

-And, as always, generally atrocious plays on both sides.

Spectating, gotta love it.

ferrothorn actually gets Knock Off wich is better as spooky(Dark/Ghost) coverage for obvious reasons.

Stuff like Attract Cryogonal or Final Gambit Shedinja is obviously for the sake of laugh about the novelty of an useless move with that stats/gender ratio.

Random Shit volume 40: Over the Hill Edition
-An attempt to use Stallrein outside of hail. And it worked surprisingly well.
-M-Blastoise using Fake Out on said Stallrein.
-Dark Pulse Chandelure #2464223. Even better, it had Shadow Ball as well.
-Swagger+Dazzling Gleam Sylveon.
-Flamethrower Chansey. Does 35 base SpA sound that good to you? And it had Seismic Toss.
-Bounce Donphan. On a Rhyperior.
-Said Rhyperior holding a Quick Claw.
-Calm Mind+Foul Play+Pressure non-mega Absol.
-Dragon Claw+Counter Tyranitar.
-Flame Charge Talonflame #854551.
-Switching Infernape in on said Talonflame.
-Unnerve Galvantula with an Air Balloon.
-This battle starts out stupid then ends hilariously: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92814695
-Fury Cutter Scizor. Which, now that I think about it, isn't the worst thing I've seen on it.
-Leftovers Gliscor.
-Future Sight+Confuse Ray+Healing Wish Gardevoir.
-Outrage+Rock Slide Y-zard.
-Said Y-zard using Outrage on Sylveon, who then proceeds to miss with Hyper Beam.
-Dig Greninja.
-Sub+Kee Berry Hawlucha.
-Munchlax.
-Cloyster using Poison Jab. On Mawile.
-A team with Politoed, Tyranitar, Ninetales, and Abomasnow.
-A different Politoed using Focus Blast on Sableye.
-When one Shell Smasher is not enough, use Cloyster, Crustle, and Barbaracle all on the same team!

A Skarmory, hanging on with Sturdy...only to use..Whirlwind.

I mean it sounded good in theory but if you're up against a Volcarona you might as well just..rocks.

Not on the ladder, but my friend just had a battle on wifi the last 2 pokemon were 2 trick scarf Rotom Ws, and they just kept tricking till they ran out of PP and he won because they both went for trick, and he won the speed tie on the last struggle

Besides that, all I've got is somebody who kept trying to toxic my rest talk gyarados

Last edited:
Random Shit volume 40: Over the

-A team with Politoed, Tyranitar, Ninetales, and Abomasnow.
This might have been I.
Had such a team with landorusT and xatu in gen 5 and since it listed 1st slot in my OU team list, I d quite often go into battle accidentally with this, forgetting to select another team.

Not on the ladder, but my friend just had a battle on wifi the last 2 pokemon were 2 trick scarf Rotom Ws, and he won because they both went for trick, and he won the speed tie on the last struggle

Besides that, all I've got is somebody who kept trying to toxic my rest talk gyarados
Shouldnt the one who won the speed tie on the 1st double trick get to select another move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)