Pokémon Diancie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright all, I'm back! I've been gone for a while, but I'm gonna update the OP a bit with some of the suggestions, including weakness policy.

Also, I've got something interesting to share with you:

Me to serebii: "Diancie's page says that it gets Trick Room at level 46 and NOT Power Gem, unlike Carbink. Howver, Diancie is not listed as being able to learn Trick Room by TM, (which Carbink can,) and has been shown using Power Gem in an official trailer. There seems to be a couple of errors here, though I'm obviously not sure."

Serebii to me: "You're right. The lack of Trick Room TM is the mistake. Fixed.

Everything else is correct."

The serebii page has been updated now to show Diancie learns Trick Room by TM; however, the level up move pool has not changed, meaning Diancie can't learn Power Gem, according to the site.

However, this official picture clearly shows it using Power Gem, meaning there is still something fishy here.

For now, since I'm more inclined to believe the official picture than serebii, I'm going to update the OP with a Specs set tentatively, but let us all be wary.

EDIT: OP now has a Specs and "Weakness Polish" set, but I'd like some help with the Policy set in determining the offensive IVs that should be used, so any suggestions would be appreciated. It has enough speed to outspeed Adamant Mega Aerodactyl after a Rock Polish currently.

Last edited:
And we're totally sure that the move is Power Gem and not Diamond Storm, correct?
I can give my guarantee that this isn't Diamond Storm. There would be more of a pinkish aura to the air if it was.

I don't know if that'd make it Power Gem, though. Not necessarily, that's for sure, but possibly.

Yes, the move is Power Gem, I'm getting proof in a sec.

EDIT: Well damn. I remember seeing a Wi-Fi battle in which Mega Ampharos used it, but I couldn't find it. It is distinctly Power Gem though, you can test it yourselves.

Last edited:
If Diancie actually has Power Gem, it has some utility through the simple fact that Rock/Fairy coverage is actually pretty cool.

An offensive Trick Room set could be interesting?

(EVs would probably be best off more finely tailored, but whatever)

Diancie@Weakness Policy
Quiet
248 HP/252 SpA/8 Def
-Trick Room
-Moonblast
-Power Gem
-Psyshock

Fairly simple, really. Use Trick Room to "outrun" most of the game, and Weakness Policy and your huge defenses to boost your offense. Then you just spam Moonblast/Power Gem as appropriate until Trick Room runs out. Don't expect to get to use Trick Room twice.

Hardly destined to be top-tier OU, but it's a role.

So, TPC just uploaded a screenshot of it using a move it doesn't learn. No fucking comment.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Serebii posted this on GameFaqs, and it's the reason why he hasn't updated the movepool: because Diancie really does not get Power Gem by level up.

I am as disappointed as most of you are tbh.

Making Power Gem an event-only move to cripple any Diancie obtained prior to the official distribution would be a really clever move on Game Freak's part, which is why it will never, ever happen.
We have evidence that it's both being advertised as available on Diancie and not in Diancie's own movepool, so I'd say that counts as a fair bit of evidence that's the case, for whatever reason.

The worst case scenario is that Power Gem was an animation placeholder for Diamond Storm and Diancie didn't even get Power Gem. Would be kinda lame in that case, seeing as both she and Aurorus miss out on the most reliable special Rock move despite being covered in gems :(

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Maybe they'll pull some kind of "use event item on a random Carbink and watch as it mutates into Diancie!" thing, and it'll keep all four of Carbink's moves, with Power Gem as a holdover... like the DNA splicers. This would also make it possible to breed a good Carbink for the mutation so I don't know if that's even feasible but... it's an option.

I seriously doubt Diancie WON'T learn Power Gem. I don't care what Serebii said, either by level up or by event distribution, Diancie will have Power Gem.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does Diancie really need Power Gem though? 4 Atk Diamond Storm already OHKOs MegaZard Y and Talonflame, and if you want to invest in Special Attack you can just run a - Speed nature.

Plus, you'd miss out on the Defense boosts. I really don't see what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)