Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is suggested, and this suggestion was ported to here from the suggestion box. I really don't know if this is hard to implement, but I suggest we should add some certain battle teams to certain meta games. For example: Random Battle: Wild Pokémon themes or 1v1: Final Gym Pokemon theme. I think it would be a nice little touch in PS!. This is my second post, so please point out any thing wrong with this one.

Some sort of option to toggle to let us use 2D sprites if we prefer. A lot of the 3D models are kind of glitchy and they just don't look as nice and charming as the 2D sprites

Also I totally agree with being able to arrange the watch a battle by maybe the combined ranking of the two players in order to watch higher level matches.

Some sort of option to toggle to let us use 2D sprites if we prefer. A lot of the 3D models are kind of glitchy and they just don't look as nice and charming as the 2D sprites
Currently there is the option to "disable animations" in the settings in the gear at the top right corner, this will set the models back to the sprite form.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I don't have time to read the entire thread to see if somebody already suggested my idea, but...

Is it possible to have Multi Battle support in the future?

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Some way of noticing you when you find battle and you arent on the same tab. Also, if you've looked for a battle for 3 consecutive minutes, you stop searching. I've lost countless battles since I've waited so long to find a game, that I've just done something else.

Some way of noticing you when you find battle and you arent on the same tab. Also, if you've looked for a battle for 3 consecutive minutes, you stop searching. I've lost countless battles since I've waited so long to find a game, that I've just done something else.
Well when using firefox I am able to turn on notifications to alert me whenever things happen such as when I have found a match, so I'd check to see if there's something of the same sort available for the browser that you use.

I have a suggestion for the Pokedex (Since it is somewhat part of PS!). Sometimes you want to find certain Pokemon and stuff so...maybe add an option to search for Pokemon/Team and maybe show the icons of the Pokemon that are used in the battle before clicking on it? Like [icon1] [icon2] [player1name] vs [similar] thing?

I have a suggestion for the Pokedex (Since it is somewhat part of PS!). Sometimes you want to find certain Pokemon and stuff so...maybe add an option to search for Pokemon/Team and maybe show the icons of the Pokemon that are used in the battle before clicking on it? Like [icon1] [icon2] [player1name] vs [similar] thing?
There's the /data (pokemon) command that is already available which does what I believe you're asking for.

There's the /data (pokemon) command that is already available which does what I believe you're asking for.
Nahh I mean in the Replays library, when you want to look for a battle that has a certain Pokemon you want to see, you could find it faster with a Pokemon Search option (currently there are only Format or User search option). The /data command is only used in the simulator and that's not what I meant
I have a suggestion for the Pokedex
I mean, sorry, a suggestion for the Replays :P

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
I am a voice in the Other Metas room. People frequently show up to ask about the rules of a particular other metagame, and it would be great to have a command I could broadcast that linked to the forum thread for that meta, rather than having to go to the forums and find the thread to post the link. Explaining the rules of the meta in the chat generally takes longer. Currently, we have such a command for hackmons and balanced hackmons, but it would be nice to have a similar command for metas like pu, alphabet cup, middle cup, etc. This would make it a lot easier and quicker for me (and other voices, drivers, mods etc. in the om room) to help people.

Also, /om bh and /om hackmons both link to the Gen V thread for these metas rather than the current thread.

I am a voice in the Other Metas room. People frequently show up to ask about the rules of a particular other metagame, and it would be great to have a command I could broadcast that linked to the forum thread for that meta, rather than having to go to the forums and find the thread to post the link. Explaining the rules of the meta in the chat generally takes longer. Currently, we have such a command for hackmons and balanced hackmons, but it would be nice to have a similar command for metas like pu, alphabet cup, middle cup, etc. This would make it a lot easier and quicker for me (and other voices, drivers, mods etc. in the om room) to help people.

Also, /om bh and /om hackmons both link to the Gen V thread for these metas rather than the current thread.
I was thinking about adding this, but the current OMOTM (in this case Alphabet Cup) has /om month, and realistically the others won't be getting as much discussion. There's also /om index and that shows an index of all the OMs.

Not sure if this has been suggested but when viewing an uploaded match would it be possible to mouse-over a Pokemon to view their stats, moves, evs and ivs? Just a suggestion.

This is related to a previous suggestion of mine, in a way. For all of those who don't know me or haven't seen me in a while, my in-game name is Daiquiri, which I've switched to recently. I am Room Owner of the increasingly popular Spanish lobby and there are certain issues that need to be looked at. I would like to suggest a modification in the 'modchat' area. Currently, there are two types of modchat, one issued by rank, the other by registration time. In the Spanish room we believe that the latter is not entirely effective in all situations. The dynamic of the Spanish room -and any other room- changes depending on what day it is and how many people are in it. Some days it will be full and calm, other it will be empty but hectic. Having 'modchat' at our disposal is great, but in some situations it's not useful to properly handle the chat.

Therefore, I suggest two new types of 'modchat': Modchat-Slow and Modchat-format, they would fuction as follows:

/modchat slow
Moderated chat was set to Slow Mode!
You can only send a message every 5 seconds.

Modchat-slow would force messages to be sent only every five seconds, avoiding spam, flood and in general slow down the dynamic of the chat when it is 'too' active. Recently and in the past we've been able to deal with recurrent IP-evading spammers through diplomatic means, but this doesn't mean it's fun nor makes the chat attractive to newcomers. Modchat slow would effectively cut off the influx of spammers that are ever so common in our room. In addition, modchat-slow would only work on users that are + and lower. Any normal user or voiced would not be able to bypass the modchat-slow. The advantages to this form of modchat are astronomical, it would be a perfect and welcome addition to all of the chat rooms in general, since it provides an effective way to easily control the chat while not blocking off newcomers.

/modchat format
Moderated chat was set to (whatever name)!
You need to be of autoconfirmed rank to use formatting. (Can be done for + and higher, this is open to discussion).

Modchat-format would block the use of formatting for the period in which the modchat is open. This would include all types of formatting including bold, itallics and most importantly the spoiler command. The Spanish lobby deals with a plethora of users who fail to correctly use proper formatting, this involes a lot of time spent on the staff's behalf directing these users to the rules or explaining it to them. More often than not, these users ignore our advice and continue to abuse them. One of the main problems of incorrect formatting (see spoiler and /me) is the subsequent chain-effect it has. Once a user starts playing with a type of format, multiple users do the same creating a disorder which often results in muting. Modchat-format would merely block the use of any type of formatting for any user voiced or below.

The hierarchy of this new system would look something like this:

Modchat-format -> Modchat autoconfirmed -> Modchat-slow -> Modchat +,%, @
(This order is also open to discussion, autoconfirmed and slow could be switched)

This whole ordeal came up in our staff chat, and is in a way a group-made suggestion. We're open to defend this suggestion with any form of criticism or counter-arguement. The only negative aspect we can see is the fact that it needs to be coded in and therefore may take time to implement; an issue that is not of top priority.

Thanks to user and spanish room moderator Astyanax for his help in the redaction of this suggestion.

Regards, Daiquiri & the rest of the Spanish room staff.

EDIT:
Modchat-format -> Modchat autoconfirmed -> Modchat-slow -> Modchat +,%, @
(This order is also open to discussion, autoconfirmed and slow could be switched)
I guess this depends on what kind of users are going to be able to use formatting. If it's decided that autoconfirmed users should be able to, then the order is fine. If it's decided it'd be only for voices and higher, it'd be Autoconfirmed -> Format -> Slow. I'm also writing this on the assumption that there can only be one type of modchat active at a time, if this can be done otherwise, then there isn't really a need for hierarchy.

Last edited:
I do honestly think that an entire modchat setting for formatting is a bit much. I do agree with the Slow setting for modchat, however. I want to wait for feedback from other staff on this.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
Some way of rejoining your game if your browser dies or something. Maybe adding an "empty battles" list, where there are games that haven't ended yet are, so you could find your own game easier.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Some way of rejoining your game if your browser dies or something. Maybe adding an "empty battles" list, where there are games that haven't ended yet are, so you could find your own game easier.
Just look at your history. It should be the top-most Pokemon Showdown thing in there. Or, you know, set your browser to automatically restore tabs upon being reopened...

I think /rank somewhat takes away from the simulator, because it makes people afraid to play without an alt. While /rank can lead to checking people's rank to measure credibility, I think there's a way to make it better. I think that the code should be: /rank [Username] [TeamName]

With this, people will not be afraid to use their main account to play, and it will encourage making something big out of your teams. It will also encourage using some interesting stuff. Nobody wants to ruin their score so that they can try being creative.

I did not really explain why this is a good idea as much as I thought I could, but I have a head ache right now.

[EDIT]: Another thing I think would be cool is a notepad for each team you make. Just something to scribble notes on, save replays for, etc. For most of my teams, I start a keep a .txt for all the replays and for notes on team building, weaknesses, strengths, etc. It'd be a cool feature to have included in the actual program, for it would encourage note taking, better team building, saving replays, and any other notes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)