Pokémon The Eternal Flower (or: Floette-E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all maxed modest, I might have copied the Nidoqueen calc short of the 2, but these are all done at 252 evs Modest nature with Specs.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bronzong to the rescue:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette (No Move) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 118-140 (34.9 - 41.4%) -- 73.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Laughs off Psychic/Grass/ HP Ground as well and 2hko's with Gyro Ball

Bronzong to the rescue:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette (No Move) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 118-140 (34.9 - 41.4%) -- 73.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Laughs off Psychic/Grass/ HP Ground as well and 2hko's with Gyro Ball
Can't believe I forgot about the Bronzedong when I made that list, guess I havent been exposed to it enough to remember it :[

I feel that Floette-E is like Exploud in that it has a STAB 140 BP special move it can hit anything with to punch big holes in the anything and in my opinion it shouldn't be doing anything else.

Unlike Exploud, it can hit some things super effectively for when it matters, and has better stats, I think. Unlike Exploud, it has recoil on its nuke.

Well, Exploud is UU, right?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I feel that Floette-E is like Exploud in that it has a STAB 140 BP special move it can hit anything with to punch big holes in the anything and in my opinion it shouldn't be doing anything else.

Unlike Exploud, it can hit some things super effectively for when it matters, and has better stats, I think. Unlike Exploud, it has recoil on its nuke.

Well, Exploud is UU, right?
Yes, in January Exploud was UU. I'm not sure about this month.

It sounds very powerful, but it kind of is a one-trick pony. I would love to get some info on how to get or when to get it though, it could also run a nice modest scarfed revenge killer set.

Hmm, comparing the two, Exploud has +30 HP and +26 Atk while Floette-E has +4 Def, +34 SpA, +55 SpD, and +24 Spe.

Exploud's problem is that while it has a powerful move and an ability to boost it, its stats are just bad. Floette-E has a BST 61 points higher, to the point of overtaking every "normal" Pokemon except Arcanine and Florges. Total stats aren't everything, but they're good to have regardless.

Indeed, it's Low HP and the recoil cost will probably make it so it is good only against things it can 2HKO, or you could run more HP ev's, then there's more decisions such as where to put the rest...

To be honest I would consider AZ's Floette a legendary in disguise. The fact she can't evolve and Eviolite doesn't work only cements the fact she's one.
Legendaries have 580+ BST. Floette-E is basically just a non-evolving Pokemon like Emolga or Durant rather than a mid-evolution like regular Floette.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I really like this thing. Not only is it cute, with a great color scheme, but Light of Ruin is a great move for it. The extra power makes it relevant, I think.

Floette-E is exactly what the Fairy-type needed. The only Fairies that have a base Speed higher than 80 are Xerneas, Mega Gardevoir, Whimsicott, Dedenne, and Mr. Mime. If you wanted a Fairy-type special attacker, your only real choice was Gardevoir.

In fact, all of Floette's stats are better than Gardevoir's. Shame about the ability and movepool though. Fairy + Fire is good enough though, and when you have such a powerful STAB move at your disposal, you can afford to run a few support moves.

What exactly does "Light of Ruin" mean though? It sounds cool, but it's kinda odd for a name.

Ruin. verb
"cause great and usually irreparable damage or harm to; have a disastrous effect on"

Fits, I guess?

As for how it might impact OU, think of it this way; Specs Light of Ruin has very few safe switchins. If your opponent has Floette out, your best play is always the safest play. You'll be forced to switch out most of the time, similar to how you'd have to respond to Genesect. Floette forces switches, which allows it to grab momentum, and gives it free turns. I'd definitely run Moonblast on an offensive set, as the recoil is just too much. Light of Ruin is a great tool for psychological warfare; Floette's presence is dangerous, and forces the opponent to switch in a certain mon unless they predict well. Moonblast is still very powerful, and a mon that switches in to tank a Moonblast might not be able to handle a Light of ruin next time.

The Speed and Special Attack stats alone make it relevant, IMO. You could easily run a Timid SubCM set with Moonblast and HP Fire. It's not outclassed by anything bar Mega Gardevoir, and seems like a good alternative if you already have a Mega.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm surprised no one has thought of an Assault Vest set.

Floette-E @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (I'm sure some speed creeping can be done if you want)
Modest Nature
-Light of Ruin
-Moonblast
-Hidden Power Ground
-Psychic

Some Calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Floette-E: 79-94 (22.4 - 26.7%) -- 28.2% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Floette-E: 118-141 (33.5 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Floette-E: 87-103 (24.7 - 29.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Floette-E in Sun: 169-199 (48 - 56.5%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Floette-E: 225-265 (63.9 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It'll be hard to use this tankiness with that mediocre speed and pitiful physical defense, but it looks promising.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You guys are waaaaay overhyping Light of Ruin. If it does indeed have Head Smash's recoil rate of 50% then, in tandem with only 290 HP, it's basically a suicide move. If you hit Mandibuzz you lose over 70% of your health. Even a low HP mon like Lucario robs you of about half of your HP.

Sorry, not worth it. 33% recoil or bust.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Floette-E will most likely be more or less what November Blue said: a faster Gardevoir with a smaller movepool. Not the best thing out there, but at least it's usable.

Now, to wait on the event and see if she gets any special move (and I doubt she won't, just fucking look at that Yveltal flower and Xerneas color scheme)...

To be honest I would consider AZ's Floette a legendary in disguise. The fact she can't evolve and Eviolite doesn't work only cements the fact she's one.
Well it's BST is only 551, which, while damn high, is the lowest of any legendary except Phione... if you count Phione. Plus, Florges, Arcanine, and Archeops + Slaking, (who have nerfing abilities but I digress,) technically have higher stats, and they're not legends. So it's... sort of a legend?
You guys are waaaaay overhyping Light of Ruin. If it does indeed have Head Smash's recoil rate of 50% then, in tandem with only 290 HP, it's basically a suicide move. If you hit Mandibuzz you lose over 70% of your health. Even a low HP mon like Lucario robs you of about half of your HP.

Sorry, not worth it. 33% recoil or bust.
It is 50% recoil, but lets not be narrow minded here: it still gets Moonblast, which, with 95 base power and STAB off of base 125 special attack, still does a shitton. Consider LoR a last resort kamikaze button.

Last edited:
Floette-E will most likely be more or less what November Blue said: a faster Gardevoir with a smaller movepool. Not the best thing out there, but at least it's usable.

Now, to wait on the event and see if she gets any special move (and I doubt she won't, just fucking look at that Yveltal flower and Xerneas color scheme)...
inb4 geomancy + oblivion wing event.

That would be fucking amazing, though. Boost with Geomancy, nuke things with + 2 Light of Ruin, restore health with Oblivion Wing, and use HP Fire for Steels. That sounds really scary. Though it's just theorymoning, it does make sense to think that something gets the signature moves of the box legendaries since Victini got all of them last gen, and Floette makes more sense than Diancie, Hoopa, or Volcanion as a candidate for Xerneas/Yveltal's moves.

That would be fucking amazing, though. Boost with Geomancy, nuke things with + 2 Light of Ruin, restore health with Oblivion Wing, and use HP Fire for Steels. That sounds really scary. Though it's just theorymoning, it does make sense to think that something gets the signature moves of the box legendaries since Victini got all of them last gen, and Floette makes more sense than Diancie, Hoopa, or Volcanion as a candidate for Xerneas/Yveltal's moves.
Diancie is actually appearing in the same movie as xerneas and yveltal though.

honestly i would probably run moonblast over LOR on a geomancy set. the raw power of LOR sounds tempting, but recoil eating away at half your HP every time you kill something really sucks, especially if you're trying to sweep. all that recoil will make it very easy to snipe floette with priority, especially with that low defense.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Diancie is actually appearing in the same movie as xerneas and yveltal though.
Floette is deeply related to Xerneas/Yveltal, though. One could even say she's the "source" of both of them (the three's relation to the ultimate weapon hasn't been fully explained yet).

Unfortunately, this isn't neither the time nor the place to talk about the event. We'll have a chance to discuss it the day Floette-E is announced.

252+ SpA Choice Specs AZ-Floette Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 234-276 (33.2 - 39.2%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs AZ-Floette Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 195-229 (54.1 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs AZ-Floette Light of Ruin vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 220-259 (55.8 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If I would use this thing I would use Moonlast + LoR, I'm obviously not gonna use LoR on things that aren't worth it, for example I'm just gonna use Moonblast for Mandibuzz and Umbreon, or even things like Vaporeon (2HKO-es anyways).

What's funny is that, if you were max HP, you will die from recoil killing a chansey, the funny part is, max HP chansey / 2 - max HP floette-AZ = 0, so it's like gamefreak trolled us and the recoil from 3HKO-ing a chansey w/ LoR is EXACTLY your max HP. Or it's a stupid coincidence.

I think LoR is only worth using on the likes of Florges and Sylveon, a lot of things are 2HKO-ed with Moonblast, if not OHKO.

It's pretty interesting in UU none the less. AZ-Floette is not sweeper, more like a wallbreaker. But in the end it's more like kill 2 pokemons and die strategy.

You people are acting like Floette-E is going to be some kind of god with Light of Ruin. You are literally limited for only 2-3 attacks with Light of Ruin. Sure, Light of Ruin hits like a truck, but why use it when you can just use a wall-breaker that is just as strong like Mega Charizard Y or Exploud? If you hit an Excadrill, you are losing almost all your HP for the 2HKO. Same with a Momswine, Mandibuzz, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Kyurem-B, Hippowdom, Krookodile Reuniclus, Entei, Conkeldurr, Azumarill, Manaphy, Jellicent, Scizor, Chansey, Blissey (they can purposely come in to make Floette lose HP then recover any damage later on) Gyarados, Heatran, Goodra, Landorus-T, etc. I can keep going with this list if I want. Even if you are using it against something with horrible HP like Charizard is going to nab half of your HP. Light of Ruin is really powerful, but lots of common threats resist Fairy-type in OU like Mega Venusaur, Mega Scizor, Mega Mawile, Skarmory, Aegislash, Bisharp, Heatran, and Jirachi. Floette-E has to deal with its mediocre 92 Base Spe meaning that lots of the metagame outpaces it and not resisting any common priority moves along with its low Defense isn't really taking it anywhere. Sure, there's Mach Punch, but Conkeldurr can't beat a Fairy any day regardless and face it, Breloom sucks this generation with less Technician abusing moves thanks to all those buffs. Bisharp beats Floette anyways and with a boost, it takes a ridiculous amount of damage from +2 LO Sucker Punch. That physical Defense isn't helping its switch-ins to Dragon-types either since +2 Garchomp EQ OHKOes, Salamence at +1 EQ smokes it too, and even LO Psyshock from Latios almost OHKOes it. I also want you take in consideration that Light of Ruin makes it impossible to live priority at all since and it only has 90% accuracy. Seriously, you're giving something that already has 50% recoil issues an accuracy flaw: doesn't sound that good to me. You can compund Moonblast with Light of Ruin, but Moonblast doesn't really hit that hard. Floette-E doesn't even have good coverage to complement LOR -__-. The eternal flower isn't eternal with that recoil move (get a dictionary Gamefreak).

Stop acting like Light of Ruin is going to make it an A Rank threat, it's not: maybe B. Floette-E should not be focused on SPAMming Light of Ruin. It should alternate between Moonblast and LOR, but even then, I'm not really liking Floette-E. Floette-E should be used as an alternative wall-breaker, but it's seriously outclassed. Re-quoting Lee: "Sorry, not worth it. 33% recoil or bust", and right now, I can see it being 50% recoil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)