Resource Sample XY Teams for entering the metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, with the ban of Gligar imminent, I feel like I should post my team here.
http://pastebin.com/24Mkw688

So this is probably closest to a bulky offense team, with Pawniard and Gligar as your sweeping options. I built this team in early December when I first noticed an influx of SubSD Gligar, and I decided to try it for myself. Pawniard is a great bulky knock off user, and I use him early game to weaken my opponent. Chinchou is a revenge killer and probably my best option for killing Gligar. Murkrow is the wall breaking set, and helps weaken my opponent by striking right at their defensive core. I run HP Ice so I can reliably 2hko Archen, something Icy Wind can't do. Spritzee forms a bulky resistance core with Pawniard, and can pass wishes around my team with ease. It lets me beat Fighting-types easier, so Gligar can stay healthy for lategame. Gligar is the obvious SubSD set, and is extremely powerful, even right now with the (somewhat) recent discovery of SD + Knock Off. Mienfoo functions as glue on my team, and beats some threatening things in the meta, such as Carvanha and Tirtouga who beat Gligar with ease.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay so ive updated it with the last 2 teams gonna wait till saturday and then ill just back this one up and start a new one. if you guys have any teams for the new meta that you dont mind letting go just post it here or give it to me on ps / irc pls :)

fighter man (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Def / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out

ghost man (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

focus man (Meditite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch

dog man (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 Atk / 196 SAtk / 36 SDef / 236 Spd
Hasty Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

bird man (Archen) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SDef
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

shroom man (Foongus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

it's a team i threw together quite quickly, it seems to be pretty effective at what i wanted it to do, which is remove ghost-types with Houndour and spam HJK with meditite afterwards. mienfoo/foongus/archen form a good defensive core, houndour is actually strong as fuck, nobody expects meditite and trick is cool to disrupt shit like Spritzee. misdreavus is kinda there as filler/meditite check.

not really impressive or shit, it's just ur average team. but i think any team is appreciated so close after the bans so yeh.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
From what I understand, at least five different people independently created post-gligar/swirlix teams and came up with these six Pokemon. There were, of course, slight variations between some of the individual movesets (somebody give me proper EVs pls), but clearly, this is a team formula that works.
http://pastebin.com/JLpWYEQj
Every one of these pokemon are known to be ridiculously effective and popular, and when put together, they are able to withstand and knock out nearly every common threat in the current metagame, including themselves. Meditite is generally agreed upon to be somewhat on the broken side now that gligar is gone, and with an eviolite, it is able to punch massive holes in unprepared and prepared teams alike with its raw power and excellent coverage while not being too frail itself thanks to eviolite and the healing from drain punch. Chinchou and Mienfoo both make wonderful pivots, able to withstand resisted and most neutral attacks thanks to their good bulk and voltturn out. Mienfoo shares the role of Knock Off spammer with Pawniard, and together, the two ensure that the now itemless opposing Pokemon are even more easily crushed by the rest of the team. Pawniard's access to a very powerful Sucker Punch ensures that weakened Pokemon that have managed to set up will still be kept on their toes. Spritzee is a great overall tank thanks to its phenomenal base stats and access to reliable recovery with a combination of Wish and Protect, and its huge wishes keep team members that lack built-in recovery alive. Finally, Murkrow murders stuff.
One Pokemon this team may have some degree of trouble with is opposing Meditite, especially Life Orb Meditite, which is able to, at worst, 2HKO every pokemon on the team with its STAB attacks alone.

Last edited:
Can confirm. This team works really well
Can also confirm. LO Meditite is a bitch :C

Normally its not a good sign for the metagame when 5 or 6 people create the same team independently about a day after said meta begins. This is what we saw at the end of Generation 5, when everyone had at least 4/6 of the same pokes, typically was 5/6 or 6/6
hoooo boyo.

From what I understand, at least five different people independently created post-gligar/swirlix teams and came up with these six Pokemon. There were, of course, slight variations between some of the individual movesets (somebody give me proper EVs pls), but clearly, this is a team formula that works.
http://pastebin.com/nJ44mAL5
Every one of these pokemon are known to be ridiculously effective and popular, and when put together, they are able to withstand and knock out nearly every common threat in the current metagame, including themselves. Meditite is generally agreed upon to be somewhat on the broken side now that gligar is gone, and with an eviolite, it is able to punch massive holes in unprepared and prepared teams alike with its raw power and excellent coverage while not being too frail itself thanks to eviolite and the healing from drain punch. Chinchou and Mienfoo both make wonderful pivots, able to withstand resisted and most neutral attacks thanks to their good bulk and voltturn out. Mienfoo shares the role of Knock Off spammer with Pawniard, and together, the two ensure that the now itemless opposing Pokemon are even more easily crushed by the rest of the team. Pawniard's access to a very powerful Sucker Punch ensures that weakened Pokemon that have managed to set up will still be kept on their toes. Spritzee is a great overall tank thanks to its phenomenal base stats and access to reliable recovery with a combination of Wish and Protect, and its huge wishes keep team members that lack built-in recovery alive. Finally, Murkrow murders stuff.
One Pokemon this team may have some degree of trouble with is opposing Meditite, especially Life Orb Meditite, which is able to, at worst, 2HKO every pokemon on the team with its STAB attacks alone.
I was linked here by Abstract Daddy because we met each other on the ladder with almost the same team. Although mine had Gastly>Murkrow and some other weird things like LO Pawn. I will promptly switch to this version though! Standard ftw

absdaddy

Banned deucer.

As i am one of the few noob guys who made this team, i'd like to point that it's for newer players and for them SOAK CHINCHOU can really ease predictions . Only problem will be opposing chinchou,and that can be remedied by adding HP GRASS

Chinchou (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 152 SAtk / 8 SDef / 212 Def / 76 HP / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Soak
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]

It's just my preference, restalk set seems to easily forced ans slow for me but it's still pretty great.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
I used my version of these team (that Corp copied the pokes and created his sets from lol) and I can confirm its success on the ladder as I went 42-2. Standard ftw. I just want to suggest Sub 3 attacks Murkrow over the current set as it forces so many switches and can really fuck things up behind a sub.

I am starting to use this team:
http://pastebin.com/nfsLrzxq

It's basically my attempt at a part current meta-sun with Missy, Krow and Meditite thrown in. It's not the best, but I generally used standard sets for the most part. (Though Eviolite on Sub+3 attacks Murkrow is a bit questionable to some) You can use other mons in place of Vulpix and Oddish (I will try Croagunk and Porygon in place of them respectively).

I am starting to use this team:
http://pastebin.com/nfsLrzxq

It's basically my attempt at a part current meta-sun with Missy, Krow and Meditite thrown in. It's not the best, but I generally used standard sets for the most part. (Though Eviolite on Sub+3 attacks Murkrow is a bit questionable to some) You can use other mons in place of Vulpix and Oddish (I will try Croagunk and Porygon in place of them respectively).
just curious, why run oddish over Bulbasaur? sure its a little bit more defensive, but bulbasaur gets growth with chlorophyll. Sure feroseed walls you, but it also becomes setup bait for growth since it cant stop you either.

I dont see how Oddish is going to sweep anything without using Life Orb/a boosting move. Bellsprout is, imo, the best Chlorophyll sweeper right now, as it's speedy, strong and has Weather Ball.

This is the winner of this week's teambuilding comp's team.

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 220 Spd / 236 SAtk / 52 Def
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Larvesta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 196 Atk / 252 Def / 36 SAtk / 24 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Overheat
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 188 Spd / 236 Atk / 84 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Brave Bird

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

I know I know, I just wanted to do something a bit more exciting. This is the heaviest of offense teams but with 1-2 pivots for popular dangerous Pokemon.

Choice Scarfing both Pokemon is something I haven't really seen in any of the posted teams, but it is really an interesting combination with hazards and Volt-Turn. You may see the weaknesses of the team, as they are fairly obvious:

- Stealth Rock, no Defog.
- Opposing Chinchou.
- Opposing Spinners/Defoggers.

Here's where I try to convince you that these things don't matter. Here's how it works:

Depending on matchup, I will usually open up with Mienfoo (to stop opposing SR users or beat Fake Out users), Dwebble (to set up on weak leads), or one of the Scarfers (if no immunities/resists). As soon as possible, I bring in Krow to start wall breaking, or Dwebble in to get hazards. If the opponent takes any chance to clear hazards or set up their own, they will probably lose a pokemon or two in the process. It's basically kill-revenge kill-kill-revenge kill over and over, but the momentum stays with me due to Volt-Turn. Murkrow and Larvesta i lure + damage/KO Chinchou and Archen. Chinchou can also nail opposing Chinchou with HP Grass on the switch. In any event, either something like Foongus will switch in, opposing Chinchou, or something like Lileep. All of those are handled.

Keep pressure and momentum is the name of the game and Fletchling comes in because nothing cleans a hazard/Volt-Turn ravaged team like the bird.

I picked a replay vs a Chinchou and a spinner: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-89194730

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Just fixing some EVs on some of the sample teams, good job on them btw guys, this thread has definitely helped me get back into LC.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SAtk / 76 SDef / 12 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Murkrow @ Berry Juice
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SDef / 188 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Brave Bird
- Thief
- Substitute

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SDef
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SDef / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Meditite @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Changes made to above team:

-You had excess EVs on Spe for Spritzee that were allocated to SpA, so 12 EVs on both for one more point in SpA than you previously had.
-Excess EVs on Murkow's Def, allocated to HP and SpD for a point more in HP and SpD than you previously had.
-0 IVs in Atk to lower confusion recoil for SpA using mons only, so Chinchou and Spritzee.

--

http://pastebin.com/CWtxmJGn
Mienfoo to absorb Knock Offs and act as a utility pivot, Foongus because Spore is OP, Misdreavus so spam the shit out of Shadow Ball and cripple a wall or something with Trick if needed, Meditite for priority revenging stupid shit like Swirlix, Tirtouga for abusing Sturdy, and Vullaby to act as a giant wall and to remove Stealth Rocks.
So far its been working pretty solid, Mienfoo Foongus Vullaby act as a great core trio, although Vullaby is really suffering from 4MSS, it feels rather underwhelming without U Turn. With two Knock Offs on this team and a Tricker to boot, it's incredibly easy to set up a clean sweep for Tirtouga and stuff. IMO Bulky Mienfoo is still S tier and should be on most teams, Knock Off is such a prevalent move and getting hit by it cripples walls and hits sweepers too hard, Mienfoo is the perfect poke to absorb and take multiple Knock Offs throughout matches and is extremely undervalued and underused right now.
~wobbyble
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 196 Def / 156 SDef
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb

Meditite @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch

Misdreavus @ Choice Specs
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
EVs: 212 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SDef / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SDef / 36 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Changes to above team:

-76 unused EVs on Meditite were added to Def.
-Excess EVs on Foongus, Misdreavus, Tirtouga, and Vullaby were taken off.

*Remember to check if you have excess EVs by using Slider or add/subtract 4 EVs as well as putting 0 Atk IV on Pokemon that don't use that stat to lower confusion recoil damage. You can do 2 or 3 Atk IV for Pokemon bred in previous gens to utilize Hidden Power back then, but it has no effect on Gen 6.

Vulpix (F) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 196 SAtk / 236 Spd / 52 HP
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Oddish (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 Spd / 240 SAtk
Modest Nature
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Tangela (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 200 Spd / 200 SAtk / 76 HP
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Bunnelby (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 224 Spd / 228 Atk / 56 Def
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Thief

Meditite (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Spd / 116 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Tyrunt (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 156 SDef / 132 HP / 220 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Fang
This team has been a lot of fun to get into LC with. I switched Tangela for Spore Foongus, and have won a couple of good games. I am sure there are many things that can change here, which is why I like it so much.

Here is a good replay against a guy I played with a few times in PS chat.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-94268586

Last edited:

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay updated the thread with what i think is standard and good for beginners in this meta (heysups is not standard or simple). more teams would be appreciated cause its only 1 team :(

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Murkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 SAtk / 236 Atk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SAtk / 30 SDef / 30 Spd / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Meditite @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Spd / 116 HP / 196 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Wobbyble presents, the current metagame's Beginner Team (pastebin)!

Playing with this team should be very easy and simple. Use Dwebble for hazards, hit stuff hard with Misdreavus, Murkrow, and Meditite, use Sashed Abra to deal with any offensive threats that you need to be gone, and use Chinchou as a pivot and Murkrow counter! It should take a couple games at the most to figure out a rhythm and strategy to get this team working. In short, use hazards, spam stab moves, pivot with Chinchou, ???, win.

zzz spent 10 minutes hopefully its good for newer players. putting sashbra into the teambuilder made me die a little bit on the inside. Al_Alchemist if you could proofread it, that'd be great! :3
i did it for u prem bby

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Murkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 SAtk / 236 Atk / 188 Spd
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Meditite @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Spd / 116 HP / 196 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Wobbyble presents, the current metagame's Beginner Team (pastebin)!

Playing with this team should be very easy and simple. Use Dwebble for hazards, hit stuff hard with Misdreavus, Murkrow, and Meditite, use Sashed Abra to deal with any offensive threats that you need to be gone, and use Chinchou as a pivot and Murkrow counter! It should take a couple games at the most to figure out a rhythm and strategy to get this team working. In short, use hazards, spam stab moves, pivot with Chinchou, ???, win.

zzz spent 10 minutes hopefully its good for newer players. putting sashbra into the teambuilder made me die a little bit on the inside. Al_Alchemist if you could proofread it, that'd be great! :3
i did it for u prem bby
Wobby just a small change here. Missy only needs 236 EVs to hit the jump point cuz the base stat is 85. Then you can put the remaining 36 EVs in HP for an extra point that could end up mattering in a bunch of situations. I would also say Poison Jab > Thunder Punch on Meditite because you already have 3 mons that take care of Slowpoke.

Wobby just a small change here. Missy only needs 236 EVs to hit the jump point cuz the base stat is 85. Then you can put the remaining 36 EVs in HP for an extra point that could end up mattering in a bunch of situations. I would also say Poison Jab > Thunder Punch on Meditite because you already have 3 mons that take care of Slowpoke.

Because he's using Hidden Power Fighting, which requires him to run 30 Sp.Atk and Speed IV's, he has to run 240 EV's in each of those stats.

Thank you for this post, helped me alot to get the jist of Little cup (my new favourite Meta-game)

Last edited:
This week's teambuilding competition winner.

My Turn.

Muh Bird

my team focuses on paralyzing things with my regen core, knocking off eviolites with my knock off core, and then booming and bursting with muh bird. Trubish is the glue to the team, being able to tank the knock offs that really hurt my cores. My pawniard set is also very different fromt he norm, as instead of being a wallbreaker, my pawniard is more utility with mienfoo. Tbh, my knock off core is actually more of a utility core. The pawniard is there to help spread paralysis, and knock off eviolites, and set up stealth rocks. The stealth rocks help give me some needed kos and 2 hit kos for muh bird. This team is overall quite helpful, balanced, and works at what it does.
Slowpoke (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 116 HP / 116 SDef / 36 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Foongus (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 44 HP / 76 SAtk / 156 SDef / 156 Def / 76 Spd
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Trubbish (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 180 Def / 212 HP / 116 Atk
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Blast
- Spikes

Taillow (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 204 SAtk / 240 Spd / 40 Def
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Mienfoo (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Pawniard (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Def / 76 HP
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Also give me some credit, i didnt use murkrow or meditite :O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)