The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

4:27 Record in Pokemon X
Every moment where you live a poison-death with 1 HP in a Pokemon Blue Speedrun
2:25 in Pokemon Blue
Went halfway through the original Pokemon Rumble in the Rattata opening scene

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Somehow managing to keep my streak from getting broken in two in Super Singles despite being stuck with a Choice-locked Durant (Truant) using Iron Head against the AI using a Walrein with Rest/Sheer Cold/Fissure. Thank you for missing my ass every single time!

Against Bruno. Gyarados uses Aqua Tail and does a little bit over 50% to Hitmontop. Hitmontop counters, and my Gyarados takes that and a Quick Attack from the Hitmontop, enabling my win-condition against his Onix to still survive. Against Hitmonchan, my Lugia takes a SE Thunderpunch for 36 damage (when it has 166 health). It then took his Machamp's Revenge (after it was hit by an attack) for 16 damage.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
I managed to make it to the Pokemon League in my LeafGreen Nuzlocke without a single death in spite of being rather under-leveled and semi-poor coverage. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the fact there is grinding 10-12 levels on each member, I would be rejoicing at how good this locke is going. ;_;

I can't decide between finding 4 shinies in a hour, unintentionally hatching a 3IV Shiny Shellder, or beating Nita (Battle Maison Super Single #50).... I'll go with having several Pokebank Legendaries despite Y being the only Pokemon game I own ATM :P

I caught Yvetal with a greatball on my second throw. I was a bit disappointed afterwards though, I thought it might be a bit more of a challenge.

Well, there's a couple times when such things happened for me:
In SoulSilver, the only one with a type advantage against Will was my Arbok. Knowing it'd likely be one-shotted by Psychic, I gave it whatever berry weakens super-effective Psychic moves. His Xatu uses Psychic, and the berry activates. Arbok is down to 1 HP, and I was overly impressed by it, proceeding to one-shot Xatu with Crunch.
In X, I was capturing Xerneas. It's down to the red, and I try an Ultra Ball. It fails. I try a Great Ball. It works. My lesson learned here: Always carry some Great Balls and Poke Balls around, even if you have no intention of using them.
Mewtwo, who I expected to be extremely tough to capture, was less so. It was easy to weaken, and caught it within less than 10 turns. I was happy about that.
In SoulSilver again, I was preparing for Mewtwo, then remembered its only attack move was Psycho Cut. I bring a low-level Poochyena to help weaken it bit by bit, until I lowered it down to near no HP. I try all sorts of Poke Balls to capture it (Ultra, Great, Timer), then on the first Fast Ball, I capture it. I was both happy and upset, because, for one, my Fast Balls never work out. Also, it messes me up to remember such things happening, and RNG sometimes sucks.

The other day, I got three shiny Pokemon all within 2 1/2 hours.

First, I hatched a shiny Marill (X/31/31/X/31/31), then when I was EVing it, 20 minutes later a shiny Bellsprout, and then a couple of hours after that, I was EVing some other mons and found a shiny Cubchoo.

Do random catches count? Last night I caught a shiny protean frogadier with four flawless IV stats, and a fifth IV stat somewhere in the high twenties. It could have had a better nature, but lax isn't too bad. This is definitely the best shiny I've ever caught! I feel like it's too good to be true. I was just looking for a female protean frogadier, which turned out to be more elusive than the shiny one! And when I did finally find the female, it had three flawless IV's. From what I've heard, friend safari pokemon are only guaranteed two, but both of the frogs I caught had more than that. I think I got really lucky. Maybe this is my game rewarding me for completing my pokedex yesterday. :)

Hatching a flawless HA Zangoose on the second Egg...then hatching a shiny HA Torchic about an hour later, then hatching a completely flawless 6-IV FEMALE Squirtle. It was a good day for breeding.

Beating the Elite Four with 3 lv ~70 Swalot. One was the Swalot I used in-game, another a perfectly bred one, the last a random Shiny from friend safari. Only one of them fainted (crit-hit by the Mega Gardevoir Q_Q).

Since Swalot are so pathetic offensively, I had to switch movesets before each battle (EQ for Wikstrom, Ice Beam for Drasna, Shadow Ball in case Siebold's Starmie would be a problem...).

Here are some of the movesets I used:

Swalot @ BlackSludge
-Yawn
-Stockpile
-Substitute
-Dream Eater

Swalot @ BlackSludge
-Toxic
-Venoshock
-Protect
-<coverage move>

Swalot @ Lum Berry
-Rest
-Stockpile
-Belch
-<coverage move>

These would never work in a competitive battle...

I've got a couple of moments! :O Here they are:

In White 2, for the first time in my life, I beat the full game with a mono-Water team. Epic stuff, indeed!

In SoulSilver, on my second playthrough, I beat the Elite Four with level 30 - 40 Pokémon. I wouldn't have won against Karen if I didn't had one of those level 23 Electrodes that are powering the Mahogany hideout machine. And yes, it was still at level 23. Put Umbreon to sleep with my Noctowl (!) and switched to Electrode and Screeched away. The rest is history.

My first time playing SoulSilver I didn't really care about my pokemon other than Typhlosion so I only used him and beat all 16 gyms in 40 hours. This lead to having my first level 100 ever.
And in Platinum I completed my dex for the first time since in diamond I used action replay

I got 4 moments:
1: 6-0ing Cynthia in Pearl (and the highlight of that fight was when my Luxray was going to finish off Milotic- until Cynthia switched it out for Garchomp). Level 60 tam of Imfernape, Gyarados, Luxray, Misimagius, Bronzong, and Staraptor.
2: Beating Diantha in X with a lv.59-61 team, only Greninja and Gardevoir were alive at the end.
3: Annihilating the Elite 4, N, and Ghestis in a mono-Fighting run of Black.
4: Beating Colosseum in general. The final fights were friggin' hard.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I replayed Crystal recently, and managed to beat Red with my highest level being 52. Snorlax is basically a god. Kadabra too.

Currently, I'd say hatching the ideal Froakie, Gligar, and Axew is high up considering this is the first game where I've cared about the competitive side. Still need to scrounge up 96 BP for the Toxic Orb AND the Razor Fang...

For something not at all competitive, catching my first shiny. As I was hatching/waiting for eggs to be ready for pick up, I come across a shiny Swirlix. I know the shiny rate is supposed to be significantly better in gen 6, but so far Sugar Puff is the only shiny I've encountered. It's IV's are crap, but I couldn't care in the least.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For me it was Pokemon Stadium. Round 2 Pika Cup was notably ridiculous, with the AI getting several Pokemon which were either illegal at their levels or only available through the Japanese Blue version. And, of course, I didn't have the transfer cable. I was stuck with rentals.

Somehow, I make it to the final battle, but no continues. Two of my Pokemon were already down, leaving me with a full-health Lapras against this team:

Golem Lv. 15 (Dig, Explosion, Double-Edge, Metronome)
Kangaskhan Lv. 15 (Earthquake, Surf, Blizzard, Mega Punch)
Dragonair Lv. 20 (Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave, Ice Beam, Wrap)

Lapras outsped and got the KO on Golem, but that still left me needing to dodge a critical hit Mega Punch from Kangaskhan to stay out of Dragon Rage's KO range, while somehow needing to get Ice Beam to freeze Kangaskhan on the first try. Mega Punch from Kangaskhan lands, no crit... And somehow, a freeze. "So you're saying there's a chance." I Ice Beam two more times to take out Kangaskhan.

Then comes Dragonair, who immediately decides to go for the sure 2HKO with Dragon Rage, while I know from past tries that I can't KO back with Ice Beam. I need a critical hit or another freeze. Click Ice Beam... And another freeze. Somehow, with the dumbest luck in the history of Pokemon, I beat Round 2 Pika Cup with rentals. That cup is harder than Stadium 2's R2 Little Cup, since at least there you can get the upper hand against the right AI picks. I doubt I could pull that off again if I tried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)