Pokémon The Eternal Flower (or: Floette-E)

Status
Not open for further replies.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Flabebe Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 372-440 (124.8 - 147.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Flabebe-E can easily just carry Hidden Power Rock for the job since her offensive movepool is so limited. I didn't check the LO calc, but I think even Flabebe with LO equipped can OHKO Char Y with HP Rock. Darmanitan to Flabebe-E isn't a really fair comparison, though, because they both fulfill different roles on a team.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Flabebe Hidden Power Rock vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 372-440 (124.8 - 147.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Flabebe-E can easily just carry Hidden Power Rock for the job since her offensive movepool is so limited. I didn't check the LO calc, but I think even Flabebe with LO equipped can OHKO Char Y with HP Rock. Darmanitan to Flabebe-E isn't a really fair comparison, though, because they both fulfill different roles on a team.
not really as charizard is base 100 speed... so it will ko u first
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floette in Sun: 253-298 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
assuming lo and 4 in hp for light of ruin recoil

I will be running this with a scarf. Patches up its speed, and fairy is a good type to spam. LoR/Psychic/HP (Fire/Ground)/Moonblast.

I will be running this with a scarf. Patches up its speed, and fairy is a good type to spam. LoR/Psychic/HP (Fire/Ground)/Moonblast.
Not with Heatran, Aegislash, Scizor or Charizard-Y on every team it isn't. It's certainly not bad, but it's not the great mono attacking type that dragon was/is.

Not with Heatran, Aegislash, Scizor or Charizard-Y on every team it isn't. It's certainly not bad, but it's not the great mono attacking type that dragon was/is.
HP Ground can actually do a fair amount to both Heatran and Aegislash:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 292-344 (75.6 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Ground/Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 146-174 (45 - 53.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

...while HP Fire straight up OHKO's Scizor (but it needs to watch for Bullet Punch, obviously, since that'll easily dispatch Floette-E):

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 500-592 (145.3 - 172%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 420-496 (122 - 144.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Y-Zard is still an issue, though, unless you want to run the highly questionable and unorthodox HP Rock :I

not really as charizard is base 100 speed... so it will ko u first
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floette in Sun: 253-298 (87.5 - 103.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
assuming lo and 4 in hp for light of ruin recoil
That's true, but Charizard Y couldn't switch in to Floette-E with HP Rock because he's going to get mauled. And this is assuming Charizard has Mega Evolved already. Regular Char is going to take more damage from her. Floette-E definitely has quite a few checks, but I don't know if there are any monsters out there who are a 100% counter to her (maybe Blissey/Chansey and some other special walls) with such a powerful, suicidal attack. She's going to be a fun monster to exert pressure/play mind games with; like a few previous posters mentioned, even the threat of LoR being used on a monster to OHKO/2HKO them can screw up an opponent's strategy.

You would only carry HP Rock for Talonflame and Char-Y, though, and you'd be walled by a lot more things, like pretty much ever Steel. If you can keep Rocks up, they get OHKO'd by LoR too. Had it got some coverage other than Psychic would you consider it an option (Earth Power + HP Rock would I guess be a surrogate Edgequake), but the poor thing has no moves...

You would only carry HP Rock for Talonflame and Char-Y, though, and you'd be walled by a lot more things, like pretty much ever Steel. If you can keep Rocks up, they get OHKO'd by LoR too. Had it got some coverage other than Psychic would you consider it an option (Earth Power + HP Rock would I guess be a surrogate Edgequake), but the poor thing has no moves...
I'm desperately crossing my fingers that GF gives Floette-E some unique moves when the distribution event is released, because you're right about the lacking offensive movepool. Hidden Power, sadly, will probably be run as a standard move on all Floettes. However, the interesting thing about being forced to run Hidden Power on every set is that your opponent will have no idea what HP you're running until you actually use it.

That's true, but Charizard Y couldn't switch in to Floette-E with HP Rock because he's going to get mauled. And this is assuming Charizard has Mega Evolved already. Regular Char is going to take more damage from her. Floette-E definitely has quite a few checks, but I don't know if there are any monsters out there who are a 100% counter to her (maybe Blissey/Chansey and some other special walls) with such a powerful, suicidal attack. She's going to be a fun monster to exert pressure/play mind games with; like a few previous posters mentioned, even the threat of LoR being used on a monster to OHKO/2HKO them can screw up an opponent's strategy.
did not bother checking the calcs, but i think assault vest metagross has potential as a check tho

0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floette-E: 186-222 (59.8 - 71.3%)
252 SpA Floette-E Psychic vs. 252 HP / 188 SpD Mega Venusaur: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%)

Well, that's kind of disappointing. Not really seeing the potential in this thing since it can't use Eviolite.

0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floette-E: 186-222 (59.8 - 71.3%)
252 SpA Floette-E Psychic vs. 252 HP / 188 SpD Mega Venusaur: 140-166 (38.4 - 45.6%)

Well, that's kind of disappointing. Not really seeing the potential in this thing since it can't use Eviolite.
It's not supposed to be walling anything when its most powerful attack gives it 50% recoil. I think everyone agrees that you should use it as a wallbreaker or revenge killer considering LoR's ridiculous power. If you want a fairy-type wall, there's Florges and Sylveon.

It's not supposed to be walling anything when its most powerful attack gives it 50% recoil. I think everyone agrees that you should use it as a wallbreaker or revenge killer considering LoR's ridiculous power. If you want a fairy-type wall, there's Florges and Sylveon.
I wasn't using it as a wall; I was just showing that it only 3HKOS MVenu with psychic, a type you generally don't want to be locked into...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Venusaur: 220-260 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Venusaur: 200-236 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Timid Specs 2HKOs. Not bad. Floette-E shouldn't be staying in on M-Venu though.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Venusaur: 220-260 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Venusaur: 200-236 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Timid Specs 2HKOs. Not bad. Floette-E shouldn't be staying in on M-Venu though.
I think most of the calcs made in this thread are for situations where things switch in to Floette-E. For example, the calc with Floette-E OHKOing a Scizor with HP Fire presents a situation where that would never happen when the Scizor is already on the field, because what would stop it from just Bullet Punching Floette-E and killing it in one shot?

I think most of the calcs made in this thread are for situations where things switch in to Floette-E. For example, the calc with Floette-E OHKOing a Scizor with HP Fire presents a situation where that would never happen when the Scizor is already on the field, because what would stop it from just Bullet Punching Floette-E and killing it in one shot?
If we go with M-Venu switching in:
Turn 1: M-Venu switches in, Floette-E predicts the switch and uses Psychic.
Turn 2: Floette-E uses Psychic, M-Venu uses Sludge Bomb.

M-Venu loses because Floette-E outspeeds and KOs in the next turn, or if Floette-E is specs, M-Venu dies before it can get a Sludge Bomb in. Though there are better options to deal with M-Venu, a 3HKO on M-Venu isn't that bad.

"Light of Ruin sounds delicious."

"Light of Ruin? Mmm, sounds good. How will a Base 150 Attack Iron Head Taste?"

EDIT: Don't give me the calcs for HP Ground on Heatran and Aegislash 'cause the standard set is Choiced, which means you can't fire back with HP Ground and are forced to switch. And HP Fire is before HP Ground, so once Heatran finds that out, Floette-E has failed. Plus, you have Protect on Heatran for scouting HP Ground and King's Shield on Aegislash to scout for both HP Ground and HP Fire on a Floette-E switch in. Then you can switch accordingly.

Floette-E will no doubt be a Threat for unsuspecting and unprepared Teams, but since I run both Heatran and Aegislash, I LOL at that. Floette-E will probably be like something you should always have an answer for just like Talonflame.

Last edited:
It seems cool i hope it comes in a event the show more about AZ like the celebi event in HG SS that showed more about SILVER it was a surprise that geovani had a son but who's his wife hmmm??? But back to AZ maybe it can be a event that shows the past or the future of his existance.

EDIT: Don't give me the calcs for HP Ground on Heatran and Aegislash 'cause the standard set is Choiced, which means you can't fire back with HP Ground and are forced to switch. And HP Fire is before HP Ground, so once Heatran finds that out, Floette-E has failed. Plus, you have Protect on Heatran for scouting HP Ground and King's Shield on Aegislash to scout for both HP Ground and HP Fire on a Floette-E switch in. Then you can switch accordingly.

Floette-E will no doubt be a Threat for unsuspecting and unprepared Teams, but since I run both Heatran and Aegislash, I LOL at that. Floette-E will probably be like something you should always have an answer for just like Talonflame.
Dat heatran image doe lol smexy

What an odd pokemon. It's a Floette but not a Floette. Easily outclasses Florges, but functions as a rather niche suicide revenge killer. Don't know what would convince AZ to just give his life partner to you. Although I guess they're both immortal so they wouldn't need to care, she'd just return to him after you kick the bucket.

AZ's Floette is like a permanent Mega-Floette with access to an item. After all, they were created by the same power.
Delibird could really use some of that power and make the move present your last one.

So what you're saying is that something has to take a specs LoR before either of these 2 can come in for fear for the HP Ground? Sounds pretty scary to me.

252 SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 268-316 (69.4 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 136-160 (41.9 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Floette-E Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 136-160 (52.1 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure HP Ground will be more popular than HP Fire on Floette-E as it hits all 3 types that resist LoR (Fairy/Ground has near-perfect neutral coverage). So no, you could not switch Heatran into Floette-E until it is locked into LoR; and as many have already mentioned, the threat of LoR is greater than the actual move itself. Even if you did predict the LoR, what could Heatran do anyway?

4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Floette-E: 88-105 (30.4 - 36.3%) -- 50.2% chance to 3HKO

Yeah...a 50/50 to 3HKO. You could also go for the Toxic but unless you're running an offensive Heatran (which is both unpopular and OHKO'd by HP Ground), you're not a counter, but instead a check.

Aegislash is in the same boat. If rocks are up, its 2HKO'd on the switch by HP Ground so it can't switch in safely. Unlike Heatran, Aegislash has a better chance of threatening it out. However, Floette-W outspeeds Aegi can can still proceed to kill him even after Aegi uses Kings Shield.

TL;DR - Neither Heatran nor Aegislash are counters to Floette-E but are instead checks. They can both threaten it out after it has killed something with LoR, but can't safely switch into it as most will be running HP Ground.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Essentially Floette-E is most comparable to Gardevoir, they have very similar stats and sets. Floette-E has the advantage of 12 more base speed, slightly better defenses, and Light of Ruin (which is essentially the kamikaze button with 1/2 recoil and low base HP), whereas Gardevoir has Psychic STAB, Trace, and a better movepool to work with. With that considered, I'd say punching holes with Specs would be Floette-E's biggest niche. I'm not convinced that Floette-E will have a large impact in OU, but I'm personally really surprised - in a good way - that Gamefreak has plans to release this unique Floette with upgraded stats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)