Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddities of the Ladder, take 8.0:

- Zigzagoon.
- World's Worst Eeveelution Team, consisting of specially offensive Umbreon, Flareon without Flare Blitz, Synchronize Espeon with Yawn while Leafeon had Grass Whistle, and no Sylveon.
- Seismic Toss Typhlosion.
- Special Gyarados with Thunder and no rain support.
- Let's spam Destiny Bond against LV1 Pineco!
- When your opponent is down to one Pokemon, and it's poisoned...using Thunder Wave might be a bad idea.
- Swords Dance + Iron Defense Mega Mawile.
- Umbreon using Toxic on said Mawile.
- ...and THEN a Venusaur using Sludge Bomb on said Mawile.
- Phantump.
- Sitrus Berry Recover Starmie.
- U-turn Ninjask.
- Trick Togekiss with a Choice...Band.
- Hypnosis + Dream Eater Gengar.
- Rattata / Treecko / Starly / Archen / Doduo / Taillow would be bad in LC, but then someone uses it in OU.
- Curselax getting a successful win in gen 6. With only two curses.
- Sitrus Berry + Avalanche Swampert.
- Switching Gliscor into said Swampert.
- A purely offensive male Meowstic.
- A team with five Pokemon on it, one of which was non-mega Ampharos.
- A team with nothing but a single Hitmonlee...with nothing to activate Unburden.
- Another team with five Pokemon on it. I encountered these three right in a row, too.
- Contrary Shell Smash Shuckle with Rollout. It managed to land the final hit, which did an almighty 7% damage. Unresisted, even.
- And finally, I'll leave you with a quote from one of the ladder's luminous visionaries:
kawoXD: dude
kawoXD: u cant have more than one sash

Yes I know, but I still shouldn't run into people using Quilava and Monferno. If you don't believe me, you can go look at the ladder right now.
Sorry, I didn't see it was theorymons. And you do get matchups against people who are around 200 points lower. I have 1800 points on the ou ladder and sometimes get matched up against someone with 1400/1500 points.

Some of you guys should bring Ditto into the lower ladder. It's hilarious when you can actually see full the movesets of some people.

Here's some things I spotted on the new Theorymon ladder, because it's still mostly nubs right now

-Jolteon with Thunder Fang and Pin Missile
-Pikachu with 4 Electric attacks.
-Togekiss with Psychic and Aerial Ace
-Non-mega Charizard with Flame Burst, Aerial Ace, and Dragon Rush
-Dragonite with Dragon Rush, Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and an unknown Hidden Power (since my Ditto's IVs are set to have HP Fire, and it was neutral on Cresselia)
-Garchomp with 4 Dragon attacks (which I already posted in a screenshot a while back)
-Gyarados with Blizzard, Hydro Pump, and Dragon Rage
-Non-Speed Boost Scolipede with POISON STING

Bring Ditto into the lower ladder. It won't fail to give you a good laugh.

I saw physical noivern. It tried to wild charge defensive politoed. Barely scratched it and was obliterated by ice beam. I have met normal blaze charizard that had fire spin. But the worst of all so far was special flareon on a rain team.

Random Shit volume 44: Say Hello to Volcanion Edition
-Dusclops with both Shadow Sneak and Night Shade.
-HELIX: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-94923184
-So your Blastoise just used Rain Dance, and your opponent's Klefki's Swagger has missed twice in a row. What move should you use? How about Ice Beam?
-Klefki guy also had Pikachu, Gigalith, Serperior, and Shedinja on his team, but we sadly never saw them.
-An apparently physical Gastrodon.
-Weak Armor Skarmory. I never did figure out why people use that.
-Scolipede without Speed Boost, but with Poison Sting.
-Gardevoir with both Destiny Bond and Healing Wish (the latter bringing in a fresh Jolteon). And I though Staraptor was emo.
-Thunder Fang+Pin Missile Jolteon.
-Special Gyarados. This isn't the anime, you know.
-A guy who apparently wasn't aware he was playing Theorymons and had his Garchomp use DM on Cresselia.
-Dark Pulse Cofagrigus. Maybe for the next issue of The Smog, we should teach people how to tell the difference between Dark and Ghost.
-Me, for getting ninja'd by Salt the Flesh up there on some of the ones I have so far.
-Carbink stealing Prankster from Klefki with Skill Swap, then proceeding to use Toxic on it. It then goes into a 77 turn stallfest, ending only when the Klefki player switches.
-Using Sticky Web when your opponent has only one Pokemon remaining.
-It's one thing to run an Eeveelution team. It's another thing entirely to run it like this: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-94923911
-Okay then: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-94922050
-Lols will be had: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pandora-metronomo-358011
-Counter Sash Haxorus Zoroark.
-Outrage Landorus-T.
-Focus Punch M-Tyranitar, apparently without Substitute.
-Flamethrower Gyarados.

I know my own Pokemon isn't exactly viable here, but:

Turn 15:

Tauros used Rock Climb!
The opposing Lopunny lost 93% of its health! (leaving it with 1%)
Tauros fell in love from the Cute Charm!
The opposing Lopunny used Drain Punch!
A critical hit! It's super effective! Tauros lost 87.3% of its health!
Tauros had its energy drained!

Turn 16:

Tauros is in love with the opposing Lopunny!
Tauros
used Rock Climb!
The opposing Lopunny avoided the attack!
The opposing Lopunny used Drain Punch!
It's super effective! Tauros lost 2.7% of its health!
Tauros had its energy drained!
Tauros = 0% fainted!

And that is how I lost to offensive Cute Charm Lopunny.

Also, special attacking Cinccino (with Skill Link!) and Ambipom. The former had Dazzling Gleam and the latter had Thunderbolt. I didn't see what else they had because I immediately forfeited.

Also also, Pickup Ambipom with Double Hit, Return and Retaliate. Are sets like these why Ambipom is still hanging onto UU?

Just saw a Mega Medicham with Psychic.
Seriously, I'm lost for words...

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-94979724

I mean it could've been a simple mistake to go into battle with Politoed and forget to change its ability to Drizzle. Alas, his/her interesting choice of teammates suggests that he/she probably didn't forget, lol.

Last edited:
Had to register a new account bc I forgot my password -_-, but on the lower ends of the OU ladder EVERY team has a Ninjask I don't know why.

Dragalge going for Thunderbolt, on a Landorus-T

Gengar going for Thunderbolt....on Mega Venasaur

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)