Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How calculate the burn attack drop with Sword Dance or Belly Drum?

So when my Pokemon is burned and later in the Game he use Sword Dance. Is it the halve attack base + 2 stages or the attack base + 2 stages divided by 2?
And with Belly Drum, is my attack stat on plus 6 ?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
What stops Legendaires been traded on the gts is it them been in cherish balls or that and having a ribbon?
ribbons I think

How calculate the burn attack drop with Sword Dance or Belly Drum?

So when my Pokemon is burned and later in the Game he use Sword Dance. Is it the halve attack base + 2 stages or the attack base + 2 stages divided by 2?
And with Belly Drum, is my attack stat on plus 6 ?
It might help if you think of them as multipliers instead of stages.

Normal damage = x1.
Burn = x0.5.
Burn + swords dance = x2 * x0.5 = x1. (equivalent to +0)
Burn + swords dance + swords dance = x3 * x0.5 = x1.5 (equivalent to +1)
Burn + swords dance + swords dance + swords dance = x4 * x0.5 = x2 (equivalent to +2)

at least I think that's how it goes

A Weezing/Jellicent core could be taken down by powerful special ghost, dark, or electric moves so at the very least you'll need something to deal with them, like AV Conkeldurr with Knock Off.
Thank you! I never even thought about AV Conkelldur, what would be a good ev spread and nature?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Thank you! I never even thought about AV Conkelldur, what would be a good ev spread and nature?
252 Atk/8 Def/248 SDef Adamant is the best spread since Conkeldurr got relatively high HP and a very low SDef stat so buffing up SDef will result in more bulk making the most out of the AV boost.

I think most people will go 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 SDef.

Those shinies were probably obtained when Instacheck was a thing. What Instacheck did was allow you to check the secret ID of your Pokemon in the egg and tell other people what it was - if the IDs matched, you could send the unhatched egg to them and it would hatch shiny for them. You can check for the IVs of eggs by saving before they hatch and then resetting once you check the IVs after they hatch. This method can no longer be specifically used, however, since Instacheck was killed with the X & Y 1.2 Update. There is, however, Instacheck in a different form, though it requires either a digital copy or some other device to view the data in addition to the program. Furthermore, yes, you could use a Powersave to edit your data and create a shiny with 5 or 6 IVs. You can also use it to edit a regular Pokemon into a shiny Pokemon.
I didn't even know about instacheck.

I thought that research thread showed that MM + shiny charm was about ~1/450 for a shiny?

But yeah most of it is probably old instachecked things
I heard it was around that too. But I dunno for sure. I'm almost at the oval charm but I have no idea how I'm supposed to get the shiny charm since I don't have any games before Gen VI. Is there a strategy people use to fill out the national dex, e.g. offer certain types of pokemon on the GTS? Also it doesn't include event pokemon like Mew or Victini right?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
252 Atk/8 Def/248 SDef Adamant is the best spread since Conkeldurr got relatively high HP and a very low SDef stat so buffing up SDef will result in more bulk making the most out of the AV boost.
iirc that 8 Def was to make Genesect get a physical boost rather than special with Download, it's redundant now. 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 SpD Adamant is idea.

Zygarde - Impish
31/31/31/x/29/6-7
Keepu or keep trying?

I don't know how much it needs it's speed on a defensive set.

Zygarde - Impish
31/31/31/x/29/6-7
Keepu or keep trying?

It's probably worth keeping. Speed wouldn't be a necessity in this case.

---

So, should it be a benchmark to run an odd HP number on everything that isn't aiming to reap in the benefits of an even HP number, such as for maximum Leftovers recovery with a Leftovers number, in order to minimize residual damage from hazards, weather, status, etc.?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, should it be a benchmark to run an odd HP number on everything that isn't aiming to reap in the benefits of an even HP number, such as for maximum Leftovers recovery with a Leftovers number, in order to minimize residual damage from hazards, weather, status, etc.?
Pretty much.

I have a question about the suggested builds on the forum. Which are the most up to date? The ones that say COMPLETED or Done?

Zygarde - Impish
31/31/31/x/29/6-7
Keepu or keep trying?

If you ask us, speed is pretty much the most important stat in the game. Even on a defensive set we might want to take a deficit in one of the other stats (except HP) over speed.

That said, this one might be still doable because it still can pull some weight via EVs. First look at those you will not outspeed with just 0 speed:

0 Spe Suicune, 0 Spe Quillfish, 0 Spe Roserade, 0 Spe Rotom-X, 0 Spe Cresselia, 0 Spe Arcanine.

Do not forget that your Zygarde has to put in at least 100 - 104 EVs into speed in order to accomplish something a 31 speed Zygarde only needs 4 for. In the end, it is your call, but we would try again.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a question about the suggested builds on the forum. Which are the most up to date? The ones that say COMPLETED or Done?
If your not to sure try clicking on the forum and checking the date of when the suggested build was posted. I'm sure your most likely going to want to pick/use a recommended build for a Pokemon which was posted '38 minutes ago' over 'Oct 9, 2011' or something like that. Just a random set of dates/minutes by the way.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What's a good counter for Mandibuzz?
Special attackers that can hit hard with super effective. Example can be Greninja isn't really a counter but Ice beam isn't a joke for Mandibuzz... Can also avoid getting Toxic'd with Protean(Toxic Spikes). Got to watch out for Roost mindgames though.

Out of curiosity are there any special priority moves?
The following is a list of all moves with +1 or greater priority (damage moves are in bold, with their BP). Gale Wings makes any Flying-type moves get 1 added to its priority and Prankster adds 1 to the priority of all status moves.

+7: Pursuit (40) (only if target is switching out on the same turn in which case the damage is double (not double BP, there is a difference because of Technician), otherwise has +0 priority and regular damage)
+5: Helping Hand
+4: Detect, Protect, Spiky Shield, Magic Coat, Snatch
+3: King's Shield, Endure, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Crafty Shield, Fake Out (40)
+2: Extreme Speed (80), Feint (30), Rage Powder, Follow Me
+1: Ally Switch, Baby-Doll Eyes, Ion Deluge, Bide (--), Aqua Jet (40), Bullet Punch (40), Ice Shard (40), Mach Punch (40), Quick Attack (40), Shadow Sneak (40), Water Shuriken (15, 2-5 hits), Vacuum Wave (40)

The only special damage-dealing priority move is Vacuum Wave. The only fully-evolved pokemon that can legally have it in X/Y are Hitmonchan (level 26 or egg move), Scizor (relearn as Scyther), Hitmonlee (egg move), Hitmontop (egg move), Lucario (egg move), Toxicroack (egg move). The following fully-evolved pokemon can learn it via move tutor in Platinum and HG/SS: Primeape, Poliwrath, Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Mew, Heracross, Blaziken, Breloom, Hariyama, Medicham, Infernape, Lucario, Toxicroak, Gallade.

Of all those pokemon, I am fairly certain the only ones viable with a special or mixed set are Lucario and Mew. Medicham and Toxicroak have SAtk base stats that are comparable (but still smaller than) than their Atk base stats, but they are still played mostly with physical sets. All the others should be played only as physical.

can someone explain to me how a hitmonlee is able to move faster than a deoxys-s with no scarf and no unburden boost. Played a match today first turn went to use psycho boost, hitmonlee moves first and gets a OHKO knock off. like wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)