2014 Music

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, I just remembered that Rob Swire said Pendulum was releasing an album this year. I'm hyped up for it and hoping that their new album will have a Hold Your Colour-esque feel to it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the sounds of In Silico and Immersion, but none of them flowed as well as Hold Your Colour did. It would be even better if they released remixes of some of their old tracks, such as "Spiral", "Trail Of Sevens", or the relatively unknown "Back 2 You", alongside the new tracks.

I thought Pendulum broke up so Swire could do that Knife Party thing (which was garbage). I don't see them going back to their roots honestly because after HYC they basically dumbed down their sound to appeal to a wider audience (even if they did come up with a few gems like Propane Nightmares) and it doesn't seem likely that they'd stray from that path. It'll probably have a few decent tracks out of all the shit on it, Immersion-style, but who knows maybe it'll be surprisingly good.

Also a remix of Vault would be sick as fuck.

New Clipse album isn't happening :( Yeezus 2 should be interesting, to say the least. Also high hopes for the new Knife Party/Pendulum albums if they do happen

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Glitch Mob's Love Death Immortality is on iTunes Radio's First Play, just so you all know. I'm giving it a listen, and it's just as amazing as I thought it would be. Definitely worth the hype imo. Will edit this post w/ reactions as I listen to each track on the album.

Tracks:
  1. Mind of a Beast
  2. Our Demons
  3. Skull Club
  4. Becoming Harmonious
  5. Can't Kill Us
  6. I Need My Memory Back
  7. Sky Toucher
  8. Fly By Night Only
  9. Carry the Sun
  10. Beauty of the Unhidden Heart

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Listened to the Real Hair EP by Speedy Ortiz and I really enjoyed it :) Would definitely recommend yall give it a spin. Only like 14 minutes or so, so it's a quick listen, and definitely worth the time.

st vincent hype

magic eye - babylon owns
sun kil moons new album was ~alright~ but i like where he's going lyrically

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
Royalston's OCD has been out for a little while now. It wasn't as good as Etherwood's debut album IMO, but it's still a great listen, especially if you like DnB. The title track is here. In addition, I'm loving a few tracks in Hospital Records's We Are 18 compilation. Netsky's "Love Life" and the S.P.Y remix of Etherwood's "Spoken" were the highlights for me.

yes, i'm a slight dnb nerd and i'm not ashamed to say it.

The Glitch Mob's Love Death Immortality is on iTunes Radio's First Play, just so you all know. I'm giving it a listen, and it's just as amazing as I thought it would be. Definitely worth the hype imo. Will edit this post w/ reactions as I listen to each track on the album.

Tracks:
  1. Mind of a Beast
  2. Our Demons
  3. Skull Club
  4. Becoming Harmonious
  5. Can't Kill Us
  6. I Need My Memory Back
  7. Sky Toucher
  8. Fly By Night Only
  9. Carry the Sun
  10. Beauty of the Unhidden Heart
i thought it was a giant step down from DtS, and pretty boring, and the vocals suck.

new Lost in the Trees is my AotY atm.

yeah the new glitch mob album is really boring and pretty obviously just an attempt at getting play in clubs
booooooooooooooooooring

modern baseball / young fathers aoty

cudi's new "thing" released and it's kinda weird like there's no rapping at all but a lot of singing

at least hes better at producing now than he was on indicud

St. Vincent sounds pretty awesome. I've never heard anything by her before, so the first listen was pretty weird, some songs really left me hanging. It's been growing on me real fast though, I'm really starting to dig it now.

Katy B's sophomore effort is pretty sweet too, not as good as her debut, but has a lot of really enjoyable songs.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just realized I never posted about this but the St. Vincent album was on point. From when I first heard the stream and listened to Rattlesnake I thought the rest of the album would be a winner and it didn't disappoint me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)