Pokémon Entei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dididn't bother reading the rest of the post but I don't see why you'd emphatize this part when:

1. Good luck getting Entei in "for free";
2. Any half decent offensive pokemon lets you grab momentum, so Entei is nothing special in that regard.

I didn't say Entei is bad, I just pointed out that its UU usage is perfectly justified when it has competition from Heatran and Charizard X, both top OU pokemon who don't suffer from its middle child syndrome.
1. I've gotten entei in for free more times than my freaking talonflame, even in a revenge situation
2. Not many things can maintain offensive momentum without switching out and locking itself in.

Entei fares better in ou where there are more bulkier pokes for sacred fire to target and cripple, rather than the insane offensive and lightning fast uu, imo.

I liked your comparison to charx and heatran, but..it just seemed too off to label it as middle child. If anything i'd say arcanine's the one you should be referring to

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dididn't bother reading the rest of the post but I don't see why you'd emphatize this part when:

1. Good luck getting Entei in "for free";
2. Any half decent offensive pokemon lets you grab momentum, so Entei is nothing special in that regard.

I didn't say Entei is bad, I just pointed out that its UU usage is perfectly justified when it has competition from Heatran and Charizard X, both top OU pokemon who don't suffer from its middle child syndrome.
Entei isn't really hard to switch into. It can switch in relatively easily against many walls, and especially fairies. Scizor, too.

I really don't understand where your "middle child syndrome" is coming from. Choice Band on a base 115 Attack Pokemon that has one of the most incredible STABs in the game in the form of Sacred Fire, which has a whopping 50% chance to burn shit is pretty damn impressive. Heatran isn't going to do much with a weak, uninvested Lava Plume assuming we're talking the most common Heatran set here (SpD), and it has 30% and not 50% chance to burn, thats a pretty big difference.

Entei can beat its counters through burn alone, while also doing -massive- damage with the CB set. I don't even know how Charizard X is even comparable. One is a set-up sweeper and the other is a wallbreaker that spreads burns. It makes people question sending in Lando-T or Tyranitar in fear of a burn, and not many things wall it except Pokemon that are immune to Fire - only related Pokemon that are immune to fire however, are Chandelure and Heatran. One is nailed by Stone Edge and the other by Bulldoze, respectively. That, and having access to ExtremeSpeed is incredibly useful.

It's hardly outclassed by the OU fire types.

I created a sun team, and flame plate band bluff is nigh unstoppable. Anything switching in can easily be crippled, and then destroyed by coverage. Things like ttar don't stand a chance. It definitely deserves nomination and consideration for OU. Also, there is no reason to use flare blitz on this mon. At all. SACRED FIRE.

I created a sun team, and flame plate band bluff is nigh unstoppable. Anything switching in can easily be crippled, and then destroyed by coverage. Things like ttar don't stand a chance. It definitely deserves nomination and consideration for OU. Also, there is no reason to use flare blitz on this mon. At all. SACRED FIRE.
You can have a nomination or consideration for OU. You become OU by being used enough in the OU tier. Roughly 3.4% usage.

Note: just based off Mega-Aggron

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 163-193 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- 77% chance to 2HKO

Just putting up some numbers for the people comparing a Sweeper and Wallbreaker/RevengeKiller.

Can't really compare the two mons though you wanna compare Entei to something lets talk about another Wallbreaker or Revengerkiller.

Can't really compare the two mons though you wanna compare Entei to something lets talk about another Wallbreaker or Revengerkiller.
While people make a lot of bad comparisons based off of typing (Garchomp/Zygarde/Flygon was particularly bad this gen), I don't think comparing Mega Charizard X and Entei is too unreasonable. They both share Fire typing, both are physically biased and very significantly both share the 100 base speed tier.

When looking at the differences, it essentially comes down to:

Mega Charizard X
  • Has the ability to set up and sweep
  • Has overall better coverage
  • Has much better mixed capability
  • Has better defensive typing
Entei
  • Has Sacred Fire
  • Has Extreme Speed
  • Has more special bulk
This basically means Megazard X is better unless you're running Entei as a dedicated Sacred Fire button. As such any criticism of things such as running Bulldoze to stop Heatran is silly, as Entei's set should essentially be 'Sacred Fire and three moves that support it'. Sacred Fire/Extreme Speed/Bulldoze should be on every single set. The only time you don't want to click that Sacred Fire button is where either Entei can't outspeed and would die otherwise, or SF simply not having an effect.

I guess people compare the wrong moves. Nothing wants to switch into Sacred Fire of Entei not because it hits harder than any fire move, which isn't, but because it has potencial to burn. If you want to hit hard, you can still use Flare Blitz on Entei in addition to or instead of Sacred Fire.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ard X is better unless you're running Entei as a dedicated Sacred Fire button.
And that is exactly why Entei should ever be ran. Sacred Fire is ridiculously good. Charizard X doesn't have the 50% chance to burn, and Entei doesn't have Charizard X's recoil and drawbacks from Flare Blitz and Outrage.

Note: just based off Mega-Aggron

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 163-193 (47.3 - 56.1%) -- 77% chance to 2HKO

Just putting up some numbers for the people comparing a Sweeper and Wallbreaker/RevengeKiller.

Charizard X would have received 177 (on average) damage back in recoil, while Entei receives none and has a 50% chance to burn. Not to mention it doesn't take up a mega slot.

As I said before, just because they're both fire types doesn't mean they're comparable.

And that is exactly why Entei should ever be ran. Sacred Fire is ridiculously good. Charizard X doesn't have the 50% chance to burn, and Entei doesn't have Charizard X's recoil and drawbacks from Flare Blitz and Outrage.

Charizard X would have received 177 (on average) damage back in recoil, while Entei receives none and has a 50% chance to burn. Not to mention it doesn't take up a mega slot.

As I said before, just because they're both fire types doesn't mean they're comparable.
I never said they were I was putting up numbers because others were comparing the two...

Will be funny if he gets to ubers for getting ONE move.It might be metagame changing every team would need to have a status absorber or a fire type tp counter his burn if he becomes really popular.
There's more to it then a single move. It also has another gift lurking in the shadows, waiting to be released. That gift is its Hidden Ability, Flash Fire.

And even without that, if you slap a Choice Band on this beast, Sacred Fire becomes a nuke with a Base Power of 150. In fact, I'd like to see some damage calculations for how much damage we could expect from a Choice Band + Flash Fire + sun support Sacred Fire.

Sure, the DPP event was fairly nice with Flare Blitz and ExtremeSpeed...until you got to the part where Flare Blitz took away some of Entei's HP with every hit, and the event forced you to run an Adamant Nature, making it easy for it to get outsped without ExtremeSpeed.

And even if your opponent decides to send out an Aegislash and have it use King's Shield, it won't have to worry about its attack going down two whole stages, because Sacred Fire, while a physical move, is like Earthquake in that it doesn't make direct contact. And then there's the whole 50% chance of burning, making it the most reliable way to deal damage and get a burn on your opponent in one turn. Let's face it, this beast officially has been granted a gift that will allow it to be a Legendary Pokemon in more then just name.

There's more to it then a single move. It also has another gift lurking in the shadows, waiting to be released. That gift is its Hidden Ability, Flash Fire.

And even without that, if you slap a Choice Band on this beast, Sacred Fire becomes a nuke with a Base Power of 150. In fact, I'd like to see some damage calculations for how much damage we could expect from a Choice Band + Flash Fire + sun support Sacred Fire.

Sure, the DPP event was fairly nice with Flare Blitz and ExtremeSpeed...until you got to the part where Flare Blitz took away some of Entei's HP with every hit, and the event forced you to run an Adamant Nature, making it easy for it to get outsped without ExtremeSpeed.

And even if your opponent decides to send out an Aegislash and have it use King's Shield, it won't have to worry about its attack going down two whole stages, because Sacred Fire, while a physical move, is like Earthquake in that it doesn't make direct contact. And then there's the whole 50% chance of burning, making it the most reliable way to deal damage and get a burn on your opponent in one turn. Let's face it, this beast officially has been granted a gift that will allow it to be a Legendary Pokemon in more then just name.
Is FF legal with SF and ES though? That's the biggest problem.. if it isnt then ff entei is thoroughly outclassed by arcanine, who also has recovery

Is FF legal with SF and ES though? That's the biggest problem.. if it isnt then ff entei is thoroughly outclassed by arcanine, who also has recovery
Even if that's the case, just the power of a Sacred Fire boosted by a Choice Band and sunlight is begging to get some damage calculations done, just to see what could stand up to it.

And Sacred Fire burns the opponent 50% of the time, which causes the opponent's Pokemon to lose some HP every turn and decreases their Attack stat, as well as having a good solid Base Power of 100 without any weather conditions or held items affecting those calculations.

Even if that's the case, just the power of a Sacred Fire boosted by a Choice Band and sunlight is begging to get some damage calculations done, just to see what could stand up to it.

And Sacred Fire burns the opponent 50% of the time, which causes the opponent's Pokemon to lose some HP every turn and decreases their Attack stat, as well as having a good solid Base Power of 100 without any weather conditions or held items affecting those calculations.
Entei without espeed is alot harder to use. I've had several experiences where when the opponent found out that i lack a priority move on my test entei that they stayed in and outslugged it to death T_T espeed is too important to pass up on entei, running it means running the event one

Test entei@Lefties
252def/252spatk/4atk
Brave
Calm mind
Sacred fire
Flamethrower
Shadow ball
This is meant to see how the opponent will react to non-espeed or cm entei smack them with a weak but nature-boosted sacred fire.

I will update their double switches upon scouting this set, my phone is fucking itself up

Last edited:
Entei without espeed is alot harder to use. I've had several experiences where when the opponent found out that i lack a priority move on my test entei that they stayed in and outslugged it to death T_T espeed is too important to pass up on entei, running it means running the event one

Test entei@Lefties
252def/252spatk/4atk
Brave
Calm mind
Sacred fire
Flamethrower
Shadow ball
This is meant to see how the opponent will react to non-espeed or cm entei smack them with a weak but nature-boosted sacred fire.

I will update their double switches upon scouting this set, my phone is fucking itself up
The problem is that it has a Brave Nature, which helps its Attack, but hinders its Speed. You'd be better off with a Jolly Nature, which could give it the extra Speed it needs to keep up with the competition without a priority move. Sure, it would make it difficult to go mixed and just about impossible to go specially based, but I think it would be worth it, since burns are something that all physical attackers hate unless they have Guts as their Ability.

Entei always had the option of Choice Band and Sun boosted moves, and it had Flare Blitz already, which hits a fair bit harder then Sacred Fire. But Sacred Fire is the ONLY reason Entei even became OU viable this gen. If you want raw damage, you have pokes like V-Create Victini and Sheer Force Darmanitan to hit WAY harder than Entei can with Sun and CB.

252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 490-577 (69.6 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 588-693 (83.5 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 695-820 (98.7 - 116.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (doesn't need choice band or Adamant nature)
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 730-859 (103.6 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I went ahead and showed that even using Flare Blitz his power output is still outclassed. Entei is the only pokemon allowed in OU outside of Smeargle that can use Sacred Fire and that is his niche. The fact that it still does great damage and can perform as a wallbreaker is a bonus, but he is outclassed as a wallbreaker itself. It really is for the burn chance and having ESpeed is a particularly unique and beneficial move to have that also lets him function as a revenge killer against most threats.

If you don't plan to use Entei for these reasons, don't use Entei.

The problem is that it has a Brave Nature, which helps its Attack, but hinders its Speed. You'd be better off with a Jolly Nature, which could give it the extra Speed it needs to keep up with the competition without a priority move. Sure, it would make it difficult to go mixed and just about impossible to go specially based, but I think it would be worth it, since burns are something that all physical attackers hate unless they have Guts as their Ability.
It was a test of reaction, because most people run goddamn max speed. This entei isnt the viable kind, it is just a guinea pig set to find ways to improve entei. Removing espeed actually lured them to switch in their base 100+s, which means that i can easily tie with them if i were to run max speed but as a result i lose that goddamn priority which may cost the game

Also, smacking those switch ins with +1flamethrower then burning them with sf is hilarious

I personally prefer

252 HP/252 Atk/4spdef
Adamant
Choice bands/assault vest
Sacred fire
Stone edge
Espeed
Bulldoze/iron head

Item choice depends on team comp. I usually prefer assault vest because it just has that wtf factor and usually disrupts them. Also since I have priority my speed is a small sacrifice.

Is Flash Fire released yet? If so, do we know if it is legal with ExtremeSpeed? Entei would much prefer free switch ins that power up Sacred Fire compared to making the opponent use more PP on its Choice Band set.

On another note, how viable do people think defensive Entei is? This set has really impressed me, serving as a check to Aegislash and Mega-Mawile, even wearing down Mega-Charizard X handily.

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure / Flash Fire (if released)
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Roar / Toxic

As an example, Choice Band Talonflame fails to 2HKO Entei with Brave Bird, assuming no Stealth Rock. On the other side of the attacking spectrum, 4 SpA Rotom-W fails to OHKO with Hydro Pump, again assuming no Stealth Rock. As can be seen, Entei can take some powerful hits and retaliate accordingly, preferably spreading burns with Sacred Fire. Roar is preferred in the last slot, Entei can cause some real hassle with just Stealth Rock support. Sacred Fire really limits what can get away with switching into Entei as they have to be ready to take the burn as well as the good amount of damage. With Roar, Entei can force its switch ins to take Stealth Rock damage, wearing them down and leaving the opponent facing down Entei with a pokemon (s)he didn't want in against Entei. Toxic fucks over special attackers like Rotom-W and Lati@s that don't mind burn as much but really, Sacred Fire damage and Roar on top of burn are good enough against these pokemon and Toxic misses out against a key target; Heatran. Thoughts?

Is Flash Fire released yet? If so, do we know if it is legal with ExtremeSpeed? Entei would much prefer free switch ins that power up Sacred Fire compared to making the opponent use more PP on its Choice Band set.

On another note, how viable do people think defensive Entei is? This set has really impressed me, serving as a check to Aegislash and Mega-Mawile, even wearing down Mega-Charizard X handily.

Entei @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure / Flash Fire (if released)
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Roar / Toxic

As an example, Choice Band Talonflame fails to 2HKO Entei with Brave Bird, assuming no Stealth Rock. On the other side of the attacking spectrum, 4 SpA Rotom-W fails to OHKO with Hydro Pump, again assuming no Stealth Rock. As can be seen, Entei can take some powerful hits and retaliate accordingly, preferably spreading burns with Sacred Fire. Roar is preferred in the last slot, Entei can cause some real hassle with just Stealth Rock support. Sacred Fire really limits what can get away with switching into Entei as they have to be ready to take the burn as well as the good amount of damage. With Roar, Entei can force its switch ins to take Stealth Rock damage, wearing them down and leaving the opponent facing down Entei with a pokemon (s)he didn't want in against Entei. Toxic fucks over special attackers like Rotom-W and Lati@s that don't mind burn as much but really, Sacred Fire damage and Roar on top of burn are good enough against these pokemon and Toxic misses out against a key target; Heatran. Thoughts?
I honestly feel its wasted potential. Because too much can set up on that set. I think just max hp investment and assault vest would be better so you don't have to waste 2 slots for reliable recovery. An assault set with wish support I feel would be more potent. Not to mention we during as priority is missing out on espeed is quite detrimental to enteis viability in OU.

I honestly feel its wasted potential. Because too much can set up on that set. I think just max hp investment and assault vest would be better so you don't have to waste 2 slots for reliable recovery. An assault set with wish support I feel would be more potent. Not to mention we during as priority is missing out on espeed is quite detrimental to enteis viability in OU.
When playing an offensive role, I agree that Entei needs ExtremeSpeed to stand out from the crowd of offensive fire types, in this role Sacred Fire isn't enough. However, this Entei isn't designed to play an offensive role, it is a check to many of the metagames top physical threats such as Bisharp (who does 96% max with +2 Knock Off) and Mega-Mawile (who does 72% max with +2 Sucker Punch) amongst others. Even Mega-Charizard X fails to OHKO with either Outrage or Earthquake at +1, dealing 92% max with Outrage and less (79%) with Earthquake. With such bulk, Entei can easily switch into physical threats and spread burns with Sacred Fire. With Roar, you need not fear opponents setting up on Entei either, dealing damage via entry hazards. RestTalk allows Entei to do this job repeatedly without being reliant on Sylveon or your choice of Wish passer, albeit not being ideal.
By contrast, what does an Assault Vest set give you? Assault Vest boosts special bulk that doesn't help against these threatening pokemon that this Entei is designed to check. What pokemon does Assault Vest help Entei check that it can't already with Choice Band or physically defensive? Only really Mega-Charizard Y and Volcarona, it is reliant on the inaccurate Stone Edge to do so. The metagame is very biased towards the physical side. Not to mention that Assault Vest prevents the use of anything that doesn't cause direct damage, meaning it misses out on Roar and RestTalk, both of which are very important in helping Entei repeatedly do the job it is designed to do. The above set takes 54% max from Mega-Charizard Fire Blast in sun.

The above set gives Entei another niche apart from spamming Choice Band boosted Sacred Fire that scares off most checks due to the burn chance. It allows Entei to take on a different role as a dedicated burn spreader and check to some of the metagames top physical threats including Talonflame, Mega-Mawile, Mega-Charizard X, Bisharp and others. With the above set, Entei can now fit onto defensive teams that prefer the benefits Entei brings over Heatran (Sacred Fire > Lava Plume, physically defensive > specially defensive, less weak to ground) and Mega-Charizard X (Sacred Fire + Roar > Will-o-Wisp) thus increasing its versatility in OU. Hopefully I have a few more people convinced.

When playing an offensive role, I agree that Entei needs ExtremeSpeed to stand out from the crowd of offensive fire types, in this role Sacred Fire isn't enough. However, this Entei isn't designed to play an offensive role, it is a check to many of the metagames top physical threats such as Bisharp (who does 96% max with +2 Knock Off) and Mega-Mawile (who does 72% max with +2 Sucker Punch) amongst others. Even Mega-Charizard X fails to OHKO with either Outrage or Earthquake at +1, dealing 92% max with Outrage and less (79%) with Earthquake. With such bulk, Entei can easily switch into physical threats and spread burns with Sacred Fire. With Roar, you need not fear opponents setting up on Entei either, dealing damage via entry hazards. RestTalk allows Entei to do this job repeatedly without being reliant on Sylveon or your choice of Wish passer, albeit not being ideal.
By contrast, what does an Assault Vest set give you? Assault Vest boosts special bulk that doesn't help against these threatening pokemon that this Entei is designed to check. What pokemon does Assault Vest help Entei check that it can't already with Choice Band or physically defensive? Only really Mega-Charizard Y and Volcarona, it is reliant on the inaccurate Stone Edge to do so. The metagame is very biased towards the physical side. Not to mention that Assault Vest prevents the use of anything that doesn't cause direct damage, meaning it misses out on Roar and RestTalk, both of which are very important in helping Entei repeatedly do the job it is designed to do. The above set takes 54% max from Mega-Charizard Fire Blast in sun.

The above set gives Entei another niche apart from spamming Choice Band boosted Sacred Fire that scares off most checks due to the burn chance. It allows Entei to take on a different role as a dedicated burn spreader and check to some of the metagames top physical threats including Talonflame, Mega-Mawile, Mega-Charizard X, Bisharp and others. With the above set, Entei can now fit onto defensive teams that prefer the benefits Entei brings over Heatran (Sacred Fire > Lava Plume, physically defensive > specially defensive, less weak to ground) and Mega-Charizard X (Sacred Fire + Roar > Will-o-Wisp) thus increasing its versatility in OU. Hopefully I have a few more people convinced.
Found this thread by pure googling and looking over what you've said, I would like to see straight calcs in the initial paragraph but I like what you're saying. I'll give the set a few runs and come back to edit this post when I'm done to report my findings on it. Shifting Entei from an offensive role to a more defensive role makes sense on paper (to me, at least) but the one issue I see is hazards and whether you can get them off the field in time. If Rocks are still up when you're trying to do some pivot switching, you're going to hurt a lot. So I think it'd be fair to include hazard calcs in these to see both ends of the spectrum (unless there were hazards in the initial calcs and I didn't see them and/or you didn't mention them. I'd believe the first one though).

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I don't think you guys realise how good a Rotom-W lure Entei is due to Sacred Fire's burn chance. SpDef rotom takes 40something (physical high 30s) %, gets burnt and suddenly the opponents key to stopping Mega Pinsir, Gyarados, Heatran, Talonflame etc can't do it's job properly. Burn is awesome!

Those aren't hazard calcs, Entei can't take any of these attacks after taking 25% from Stealth Rock. With reliable Defog support, this shouldn't be too big of an issue though.

I personally prefer

252 HP/252 Atk/4spdef
Adamant
Choice bands/assault vest
Sacred fire
Stone edge
Espeed
Bulldoze/iron head

Item choice depends on team comp. I usually prefer assault vest because it just has that wtf factor and usually disrupts them. Also since I have priority my speed is a small sacrifice.

I've been running a similar set to this though with a more definitive Assault Vest.

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure|Flash Fire (if/when released)
EVs: 248 HP | 228 Atk | 32 Sp Def
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze/Iron Head (thinking of switching to Iron Head as I barely use Bulldoze)

Like the calcs on page one say,

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 32 SpD Assault Vest Entei: 322-382 (74.3 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

32 Sp. Def EVs and Assault Vest keeps Entei out of OHKO range from (even Modest) Greninja, (or Modest) Rotom-W, Starmie, (before Tail Glow) Manaphy, Kingdra as long as Entei hasn't switched into hazards.

Even with 0 Sp. Def you're nearly entirely safe from Modest LO Greninja though.

252+ SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Entei: 369-437 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

I like Entei with slightly more suitability though, spreading burns and picking off weakened pokes with ES though.

Also, just wondering, for Assault Vest Entei, how much speed do people run on it if any?

I've been running a similar set to this though with a more definitive Assault Vest.

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure|Flash Fire (if/when released)
EVs: 248 HP | 228 Atk | 32 Sp Def
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze/Iron Head (thinking of switching to Iron Head as I barely use Bulldoze)

Like the calcs on page one say,

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 32 SpD Assault Vest Entei: 322-382 (74.3 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

32 Sp. Def EVs and Assault Vest keeps Entei out of OHKO range from (even Modest) Greninja, (or Modest) Rotom-W, Starmie, (before Tail Glow) Manaphy, Kingdra as long as Entei hasn't switched into hazards.

Even with 0 Sp. Def you're nearly entirely safe from Modest LO Greninja though.

252+ SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Entei: 369-437 (85.2 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

I like Entei with slightly more suitability though, spreading burns and picking off weakened pokes with ES though.

Also, just wondering, for Assault Vest Entei, how much speed do people run on it if any?
Just as a small note Extreme Speed will not be compatible with Flash Fire (If Flash Fire is ever released). Extreme Speed is a 4th Gen event move only usable with a Shiny Entei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)