Jirachi [QC 0/3]

Dread Arceus

total cockhead

Oh Jirachi, how thou hast fallen!

Overview
########

Jirachi, a monster in BW OU, comes to XY OU much weaker than it was. Its luck-based sets can usually be beaten by Electric types now (who are immune to paralysis). Its uncommon typing gives it some good resistances, but leaves it weak to Ground, Fire, Ghost, and Dark, four common attacking types in the XY metagame. The popularity of Knock Off, coupled with its weakness to it, threatens Jirachi greatly. Jirachi also tends to find stiff competition in any set it tries to run, such as Togekiss, Aegislash, Blissey/Chansey, and Sylveon.

However, there are some good reasons to run Jirachi in XY OU. For one, it has a huge movepool, on top of flexible stats. Its typing gives several awesome resistances, including Fairy and Dragon, two powerful attacking types of XY. This allows Jirachi to switch in to some huge threats, including Mega Venusaur, Latios, and Syvleon. On top of all that, it has its infamous ability, Serene Grace, which doubles the chance of secondary effects occurring.

Wishmaker
########
name: Wishmaker
move 1: Wish
move 2: Iron Head
move 3: Thunder Wave/Body Slam
move 4: Protect/U-turn/Stealth Rock
ability: Serene Grace
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Moves
========

The first slot goes to Wish, which allows Jirachi a method of recovering either itself or its teammates and allows it to preform the role of cleric. Iron Head gives Jirachi a great STAB and allows Jirachi to abuse its ability and flinch its checks to death. Thunder Wave is the preferred option in the third moveslot as it allows Jirachi guaranteed paralysis, but Body Slam can be used to spread paralysis while Taunted and paralyze Ground types like Garchomp. Note that while Body Slam can be used to paralyze Ground-types, it can't touch Ghost-types, and it has a 40% chance to fail to paralyze entirely. The fourth moveslot is mostly preference and team-dependence. Protect can drastically increase Jirachi's lifespan by allowing it to bypass the charge turn of Wish (useful if your team heavily relies on Jirachi), U-turn can allow Jirachi to maintain momentum and bring allies free switch-ins, and Stealth Rock is good if it hasn't been added to the team yet, as Jirachi can beat common Defoggers like Latias and Skarmory.

Set Details
========

Max investment is put in to HP and Special Defense to increase Jirachi's bulk. Leftovers is used to give passive recovery. Jirachi can also run a physically defensive version of this set with the SDef EVs moved to physical defense and nature changed to Impish in order to get paralysis on a number of threats, including Mega Pinsir and Terrakion, but Jirachi tends to come in on Special attacks more easily. 252 HP / 136 SpD /120 Spe Careful Nature can be used to outrun Jolly Mega Tyranitar if you absolutely fear it and want to try flinching it to death.

Usage Tips
========

This set is useful for slower, bulkier teams that like the paralysis and Wish support. Jirachi also tends to have an easy time coming in on Chansey and Blissey, as it has an immunity to Toxic. Beware of Pursuit users, however, as they can trap Jirachi and beat it. Electric-type Pokemon are also annoying, as they are completely immune to Paralysis. The same is true of Ground-types if Thunder Wave is used over Body Slam.

Team Options
========

Mandibuzz makes an excellent partner for Jirachi, as it resist Dark, Ghost, and Ground-type hits. EdgeQuake users and Fighting-types help beat many of Jirachi's checks, like Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Aegislash. Water-types like Keldeo help with the Ground and Fire weaknesses, while bulky Fairy-types help beat Dark Types.

Paraflinch
########
name: Paraflinch
move 1: Iron Head
move 2: Body Slam/Thunder Wave
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/Fire Punch
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

Iron Head gives Jirachi STAB and a high chance to cause a flinch. Body Slam is useful for spreading paralysis to Ground-types, however, it has a chance to fail and can't hit Ghost-types, so Thunder Wave could also be used. U-turn allows Jirachi to retain momentum for the team, allowing a more powerful threat to come in. The final moveslot will usually be Zen Headbutt for STAB damage against threats like Mega Venusaur and Keldeo in exchange for a lowered flinch chance, however, Ice Punch and Fire Punch can be used for super-effective coverage on dual type Ground-types and Dragon-types like Gliscor or Dragonite, or dual type Steel-types like Scizor or Ferrothorn. Note that the elemental punches are only useful when they hit for 4x super-effective damage, otherwise, they're extremely weak.

Set Details
========

The EVs are used to maximize bulk and Attack to increase staying power and damage dealt. Leftovers allows Jirachi to heal itself in the time the enemy can't move.

Usage Tips
========

The main goal of this set is to abuse the flinch chance of Iron Head, coupled with the chance of full paralysis. Be sure to U-turn out if you think a Pursuit-trapper is coming in. Electric types should also be avoided, as they are immune to paralysis.

Team Options
========

Jirachi enjoys Wish support from things like Sylveon, as it can increase the amount of times it can come in. Since Electric types like Rotom-W are the biggest stop to this set, partners that beat it are great teammates. Mega Venusaur, Thundurus-I, Excadrill, Kyurem-B, and Mega Gyarados all check Rotom-W, and have great synergy with Jirachi. Mandibuzz is also a good choice, as it beats Aegislash and other Dark or Ghost types. EdgeQuake users like Landorus-T or Garchomp are useful for beating Steel types that wall it and Fire-types like Mega Charizard X/Y that outright destroy it. Fighting-types like Conkeldurr are also useful for their ability to beat Dark Types like Bisharp. Water-types like Azumarill help ease Fire and Ground weaknesses, while Electric-types like Mega Manectric can help break bulky Water-types that wall this set.

Other Options
########
Jirachi can use Air Balloon to temporarily get rid of its Ground weakness. It can also use Assault Vest to tank crazy hits like Aegislash's Shadow Ball or Greninja's Dark Pulse, however, it tends to prefer the passive healing of Leftovers. It can use offensive sets like Choice Band or mixed Expert Belt, but it has subpar power in this meta. It can also be used as a dual screens or Stealth Rock lead, but those sets are usually performed better by a number of Pokemon, namely Deoxys-S and Deoxys-D. Finally, it can be used as a Special Attacker in the rain, but Electric-types are usually better for this as they get STAB on Thunder. It can also run a Choice Scarf set, but it lacks greatly in power and ability to cover threats.

Checks & Counters
########
**Bulky Steel-types**: Bulky Steel-types take very little damage from either of Jirachi's STABs, and several of them like Aegislash, Mega Mawile, and Heatran can deal massive damage. This can be somewhat remedied with Jirachi's expansive movepool, such as using Thunderbolt to bypass the Skarmory weakness.

**Dark-type moves**: Dark-type moves, namely Knock Off, will usually beat it. There are quite a few things that use Dark-type coverage, like Bisharp, Mega Blastoise, and Greninja.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Ground-types like Excadrill and Landorus-T can easily take Iron Head, Jirachi's main STAB, and hit it hard with Earthquake. In some cases, like Garchomp or Gliscor, this can be solved with Ice Punch Jirachi.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types like Charizard, Talonflame, and Volcarona are huge threats to Jirachi, as they resist Iron Head and can easily OHKO it. Jirachi can run Ancientpower to try and solve this problem, but Ancientpower will fail to OHKO any of those three without Stealth Rocks being present.

**Bulky Water-types**: Bulky Water-types like Slowbro and Gastrodon will beat Jirachi by resisting Iron Head and stalling it out.

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Debating whether to add an offensive set to this. While you can put Choice Band or Expert Belt on Jirachi, it seems like it just doesn't have the power now that things are bulkier, it has tons of checks/counters, and it can't spam Thunder.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
SubCM was Jirachi's best set! Why isn't it there?
The key word there is "was". Aegislash, Talonflame, Genesect, Greninja, MegaZard X/Y, and Heatran (all in the top 10 most used) just put too much pressure on it to allow it to set up anything, and as I stated in the earlier post, its power just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Also, the lack of permanent rain is what really kills that set as 100% accurate Thunders with a 60% Paralysis chance are what made it glorious. And it doesn't really work on manual rain as well, because you end up wasting precious turns of rain trying to get Jirachi more Calm Minds.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Paraflinch AV jirachi is an interesting set, and I used it a bit. It's good but, half of what makes paraflinch so ridiculous is not only the opponent cant move and theyre taking damage but you ncur lefties recovery at the same time. AV squanders that.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Paraflinch AV jirachi is an interesting set, and I used it a bit. It's good but, half of what makes paraflinch so ridiculous is not only the opponent cant move and theyre taking damage but you ncur lefties recovery at the same time. AV squanders that.
The idea behind it is to either spread paralysis and bounce out, or use Drain Punch to heal yourself if you prefer to stay in and paraflinch.

EDIT: Updating it so it's Assault Vest/Leftovers

Last edited:

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Seevea A few things I wanna suggest:

In General:
  • One of Jirachi's biggest assets is its typing allowing it to reliably switch-in on Mega Venusaur, Lati@s, and special-attacking Fairy-types (beating Clefable is especially nice). Make note of it.
  • The Electric-type buff/paralysis nerf hurt Jirachi more than the Steel-type nerf. Rotom-W is now a pretty common counter and Thundurus-I can set up all over Jirachi with no fear. Again, make a note of it.
  • With the exception of Mandibuzz, Jirachi is one of the few Stealth Rock-users that can set up all over Defog-users, most notably Lati@s and Skarmory, arguably the best Defog-users in the tier.
  • Aegislash is not only a counter but Jirachi's biggest rival that out-classes Jirachi in some ways both defensively and offensively; competition that Jirachi hasn't seen in a long time. Might be nice to mention it.
  • Of course, remove Genesect mentions.
  • Also King's Rock isn't remotely important enough to mention.
Wishmaker:
  • You should to give some reasons for your EV choices on Wishmaker, specifically why it needs all that defense rather than special defense to tank more Draco Meteors or Moonblasts.
  • Wish and Healing Wish do not belong on the same set, especially when it makes you pressed for move-slots.
Paraflinch:
  • A non-STAB Drain Punch from Base 100 attack is pathetic and Jirachi will take more damage than it heals back the turn it uses it 90% of the time. A waste of a moveslot.
  • Assault Vest really has no business being the primary option on something that's so naturally bulky. Leftovers should be first.
Checks & Counters:
  • Mega Pinsir is not a check and does NOT like ParaFlinch. 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 248-294 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Add Rotom-W and other Electric-types to the list. Without Zen Headbutt or Toxic, they all can switch-in freely.

I find this to still be one of Jirachi's better sets and it should probably be added:

name: Sub + Status
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Thunder Wave / Body Slam / Toxic
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Fire Punch
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
  • Sub is a fantastic tool that lets Jirachi get the best of its would-be counters. For instance, Aegislash will have to eat a Fire Punch or Thunder Wave before breaking Sub with Shadow Ball and will have to King's Shield to avoid being floored by a 2nd Fire Punch which could give you a free switch.
  • The status slot is a choice of crippling Offense or Stall (or Rotom-W) and, if offense, Body Slam hits Ground-type switch-ins like Landorus-T and Thunder Wave hits Aegislash
  • Iron Head/Fire Punch deals with a surprising amount of the metagame.
  • The 5th gen OU analysis still hold up for this set so use that as a light reference I guess http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/jirachi

That's all I have for now. I haven't looked into Special Attacking or Mixed sets but does anyone think Dazzling Gleam would help any case for those sets or do Aegislash and Heatran just own the monopoly on Steel-type special attackers now?

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Seevea A few things I wanna suggest:

In General:
  • One of Jirachi's biggest assets is its typing allowing it to reliably switch-in on Mega Venusaur, Lati@s, and special-attacking Fairy-types (beating Clefable is especially nice). Make note of it.
  • The Electric-type buff/paralysis nerf hurt Jirachi more than the Steel-type nerf. Rotom-W is now a pretty common counter and Thundurus-I can set up all over Jirachi with no fear. Again, make a note of it.
  • With the exception of Mandibuzz, Jirachi is one of the few Stealth Rock-users that can set up all over Defog-users, most notably Lati@s and Skarmory, arguably the best Defog-users in the tier.
  • Aegislash is not only a counter but Jirachi's biggest rival that out-classes Jirachi in some ways both defensively and offensively; competition that Jirachi hasn't seen in a long time. Might be nice to mention it.
  • Of course, remove Genesect mentions.
  • Also King's Rock isn't remotely important enough to mention.
Wishmaker:
  • You should to give some reasons for your EV choices on Wishmaker, specifically why it needs all that defense rather than special defense to tank more Draco Meteors or Moonblasts.
  • Wish and Healing Wish do not belong on the same set, especially when it makes you pressed for move-slots.
Paraflinch:
  • A non-STAB Drain Punch from Base 100 attack is pathetic and Jirachi will take more damage than it heals back the turn it uses it 90% of the time. A waste of a moveslot.
  • Assault Vest really has no business being the primary option on something that's so naturally bulky. Leftovers should be first.
Checks & Counters:
  • Mega Pinsir is not a check and does NOT like ParaFlinch. 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 248-294 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Add Rotom-W and other Electric-types to the list. Without Zen Headbutt or Toxic, they all can switch-in freely.

I find this to still be one of Jirachi's better sets and it should probably be added:

name: Sub + Status
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Thunder Wave / Body Slam / Toxic
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Fire Punch
evs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
  • Sub is a fantastic tool that lets Jirachi get the best of its would-be counters. For instance, Aegislash will have to eat a Fire Punch or Thunder Wave before breaking Sub with Shadow Ball and will have to King's Shield to avoid being floored by a 2nd Fire Punch which could give you a free switch.
  • The status slot is a choice of crippling Offense or Stall (or Rotom-W) and, if offense, Body Slam hits Ground-type switch-ins like Landorus-T and Thunder Wave hits Aegislash
  • Iron Head/Fire Punch deals with a surprising amount of the metagame.
  • The 5th gen OU analysis still hold up for this set so use that as a light reference I guess http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/jirachi

That's all I have for now. I haven't looked into Special Attacking or Mixed sets but does anyone think Dazzling Gleam would help any case for those sets or do Aegislash and Heatran just own the monopoly on Steel-type special attackers now?
Thanks for taking the time to look over this. Everything you said seems to be pretty good (though I'd like to retain a mention of King's Rock for newer users wanting to use Rachi). I'm not so sure how I feel about Fire Punching Aegislash, as you're still dealing with mind games (will he King's Shield while I'm behind a sub, or after he Sballs?...), and if he manages to get the drop on you, he can avoid a 2HKO even in Blade Forme and can do somewhere between 70-100%, depending on sets and whatnot. On top of all that, you run the risk of activating Weakness Policy. However, I will add the set because it's actually quite good at statusing the other Jirachi checks. As far as the Special Attacking set goes, Aegislash's Fighting/Ghost coverage and raw stats are just too good for Jirachi to compete with offensively. But yeah, I'll update this later today

Ash Borer

I'll make a bigger post later on stuff i feel that needs to be fixed up in this skeleton but for now I want to stress that Zen Headbutt should bhe included as a primary move on scarf and paraflinch. It's very useful for hitting fire types, electric types and water types that dont really give a shit about steel / ice / fire coverage, especially electric types that love to switch into thunder wave now. You also get some half decent super effective hits on bulky poisons and fighting types like Keldeo, Venu, and Amoonguss.The elemental punches are really, really weak coming from rachi, they need to have relevant and specific targets to warrant usage over Zen headbutt. So far in the analysis this isnt really the case, uder fire punch you mention Forretress. Forry is beyond irrelevant (;~;).

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Yeah, there are quite a few problems here. As Ash Borer said, Zen Headbutt needs a slash on Paraflinch for Megasaur, Keldeo, Conk, etc. Also, King's Rock is absolutely awful, if you understand the mechanics you'll see that it makes hardly any difference (it changes 60% to 64% flinch) so do not mention it at all. The recovery from Lefties is far more important on paraflinch sets.

The first "Wishmaker" set has Wish as the only option in the first slot... yet Assault Vest is slashed in items, which obviously can't be an option. Jirachi should instead use Lefties and a Specially Defensive EV spread instead to get the most out of its resistances. There's also a lot of slashes in the final slot, and Healing Wish doesn't fit there. It should probably be ordered Protect / U-Turn / SR.

Don't forget to mention CM sets and mixed EB at least in OO, Jirachi has a lot of nice special moves like TBolt and Energy Ball it can use.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Updated OP some. Also, the mention of King's Rock is not to use it, as apparently there are quite a few people who do. It's removed now anyway. Assault Vest has been moved down to Other Options; it wasn't even supposed to be on that set but somehow got put there instead of the Paraflinch set. Several major changes have been made, including all of Katakiri's and Shroomisaur's suggestions. I put CM in OO as I feel it's a pretty bad set this Gen, and Expert Belt was already there (just formatted incorrectly).

All right, so the new strategy dex is going up very soon and there are several Pokemon, including this one, that do not currently have completed analyses. Seevea, if you could please try to make this look presentable within the next day, that would be helpful. Please contact user darkie once you've made it look presentable (by that I mean "acceptable to be on-site") and refer to and update this pirate pad: https://www.piratepad.ca/p/dex_skeletons

This needs to be done by tomorrow afternoon (GMT -6), so make sure you get it done! If you can't make it look presentable in the next day, please say so in the pirate pad so someone else can make a quick skeleton of it. Thanks!

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
All right, so the new strategy dex is going up very soon and there are several Pokemon, including this one, that do not currently have completed analyses. Seevea, if you could please try to make this look presentable within the next day, that would be helpful. Please contact user darkie once you've made it look presentable (by that I mean "acceptable to be on-site") and refer to and update this pirate pad: https://www.piratepad.ca/p/dex_skeletons

This needs to be done by tomorrow afternoon (GMT -6), so make sure you get it done! If you can't make it look presentable in the next day, please say so in the pirate pad so someone else can make a quick skeleton of it. Thanks!
I'm still waiting on QC to approve so I can move it forward. Whether it can be completed by then will depend on that. Also, I don't see you on the QC or GP team list?...

I'm still waiting on QC to approve so I can move it forward. Whether it can be completed by then will depend on that. Also, I don't see you on the QC or GP team list?...
That doesn't matter. This is site-wide, they need to be done by then. He's alerting everyone by permission of darkie, a Super Moderator. It doesn't need approvals at this point, it needs every point in the analysis to be in the form of a complete sentence, so it can at least be on the site soon.

This is for the strategy dex, which is coming out in a few days. You (or someone else) need to get this written up into complete sentences by tomorrow afternoon, because it's going on the site, even though it's not done yet.

I'm not on the QC team, but I am helping out with this because we have a ton of work to do in a short amount of time.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
This is for the strategy dex, which is coming out in a few days. You (or someone else) need to get this written up into complete sentences by tomorrow afternoon, because it's going on the site, even though it's not done yet.

I'm not on the QC team, but I am helping out with this because we have a ton of work to do in a short amount of time.
Alright just making sure, I'll try and get this fixed up by then

Dread Arceus

total cockhead

Alright just making sure, I'll try and get this fixed up by then.

Ash Borer

I said I would make a post trying to critique this skeleton so here we go, i'll be making comments in bold

Overview
########
  • Diverse movepool
  • Malleable stats
  • Serene Grace
  • Good synergy with rain teams. Questionable point to mention, Jirachi isnt exactly a choice poke for rain offense and rain stall or rain balance are very obscure playstyles. The analysis itself mentions little to do with rain itself.
  • Uncommon typing. If youre going to speak about typing, just state what's relevant. The weaknesses, resistances and offensive match ups that the typing confers. Uncommon typing doesnt tell the users anything useful
  • Can reliably switch-in on Mega Venusaur, Lati@s, and special-attacking Fairy-types.
  • Steel nerf, multiple new mons/Mega evolutions that beat it, no more perma-rain and Knock Off buff hurt it
  • Weak to common attacking types (Ghost, Fire, Ground, Dark)
  • Often uses luck-based sets. Not really worth mentioning, para flinching is no diferent from using a move with less than perfect accurcy, you have a certain chance for your attack to be successful
  • Paralysis nerf means Electric types like Rotom-W and Thundurus can't be paralyzed.
  • Sets tend to be rivaled by other mons (Togekiss for Parafusion, Chansey/Blissey for Wish, Aegislash for Special Attacker, etc.)

Wishmaker
########
name: Wishmaker
move 1: Wish
move 2: Iron Head
move 3: Thunder Wave/Body Slam
move 4: Protect/U-turn/Stealth Rock
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spe

Moves
========
  • Wish gives cleric abilities
  • Iron Head allows Jirachi to flinch through its checks, namely Tyranitar. Tyranitar is a bad match up to Jirachi because of Iron Head. Iron Head is here because it's your best STAB being more acurate than zen headbutt, having a higher flinch chance, and having no immunities. Iron head also lets you act as a stop to Fairy-types like Sylveon, and Clefable.
  • Thunder Wave guarantees paralysis, Body Slam deals damage and can paralyze Ground types in exchange for failing to paralyze 40% of the time. Mention how ghosts are immune to Body Slam, it makes your match up against Aegislash even worse
  • Last move team-dependent, Protect can let Jirachi spam Wish to itself, U-turn can have Jirachi acting as a very effective pivot, and Stealth Rock is a good option if it isn't already on your team, as it sets up on common Defoggers. The last slot is team dependent, but some explanation of what your team is going to look like to choose each move. You did this for Stealth Rock, but not for Protect and U-turn. Protect means that it's easier to last, teams that rely on Jirachi to check what it checks might appreciate this more.

Set Details
========
  • Max HP gives Jirachi maximum mixed bulk
  • 32 Spe gives Jirachi enough speed to outrun Jolly Tyranitar (Banded Tyranitar, Mega Tyranitar). Does anyone use jolly tar that isnt mega or scarfed? Just put the EVs into SpD, does anyone object to this?
  • Remaining EVs are put in to special bulk to tank hits better.
  • Leftovers gives passive recovery
  • Changing the SDef to Def EVs and giving an Impish nature can allow it to be a physically Defensive, though Specially is preferred to tank special Dragon and Fairy type attacks Remove this, phys def jirachi is just bad
  • 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe Careful can be used to outrun Jolly Mega Tyranitar and attempt to flinch him to death

Usage Tips
========
  • Set is useful for slower, bulky teams due to Paralysis + Wish
  • Beware of physical attacking Dark types and Scizor yes, weak to dark moves. not a usage tip. Why is scizor mentioned here, pursuit? If so, specify.
  • Fairly easy to come in on walls due to Toxic immunity. Not really, some of the best toxic users, like gliscor and aegislash have moves to dump on Jirachi. However, Jirachi has a very good matchup against chansey because paraflinc + lefties will outheal seismic toss damage and wear chansey down eventually. You can mention that Jirachi can be used as a team's method of beating beating chansey I guess
  • Jirachi tends to do better on rain teams Maybe, but again, rain stall/balance is nearly non existent
  • Electric types have an immunity to paralysis and usually beat Jirachi

Team Options
========
  • Edgequake users (Terrakion, Lando-T, etc.) are Jirachi's best friend Why?
  • Mandibuzz partners well defensively, as it can tank Dark, Ghost, and Ground type hits. Also beats Aegislash. this is a prety good team option point
  • Fighting types (especially Keldeo) can threaten many of its checks like which, and why? Keldeo is a great Bisharp check, but make sure you say that.
  • Specially bulky Fairies help it beat Greninja and other Dark types. Greninja is a shit matchup to Jirachi, to be honest. It can't OHKO this set, and then gets paralyzed, and might even die to iron head spam. A lot of Greninja dont even carry Dark Pulse. Specially bulky Fairies (sylveon) are also a shit match up to Bisharp, another important dark type. Change this in some manner.
  • Water types like Gyarados or Greninja help with Ground and Fire weaknesses Again, pure type match up is not helpful. Greninja nearly dies on switch in to Charizard Y's Fire Blast. Mention specific, relevant Ground and Fire types that are keen to switch in on Iron Head / Thunder Wave Jirachi such as Landorus-T, and Charizard, then mention switch ins to these pokes. Skarmory for example, although a bit redudant with Jirachi for typing is the best Landorus-T / Excadrill / Offensive Ground Type switch in, defogging stealth rocks right away, and tanking anything else without any trouble.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 2: Zen Headbutt / Ice Punch / Fire Punch
move 4: Trick / Healing Wish
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Moves
========
  • Iron Head is the star of the set, allowing you to flinch your way through a very annoyed opponent. You can remove the part about annoyed opponents, it's pointless. Explaining why IRon Head is your best STAB and the targets it hits is important
  • Zen Headbutt is an alternate way to flinch your opponent should they resist Iron Head. If you need coverage over Ground and Dragon types like Gliscor, Garchomp, Dragonite, and Lando-T. Fire Punch can OHKO Scizor and Ferrothorn. Make sure to not that the elemental punches are super weak. Fire punch isnt even a guaranteed 2hko on physically defensive ferrothorn (though that set is bad, it illustrates the weakness). Garchomp avoids an OHKO from Ice Punch, again as an example.
  • U-turn keeps momentum and lets Jirachi bounce off of Pursuit users that switch in.
  • Last move depends on what your team would prefer. Trick can cripple stall mons, while Healing Wish can bring one of your other mons back from near-death.

Set Details
========
  • EVs maximize Attack and Speed. Jolly nature is needed to speed tie other base 100s.
  • 4 EVs put in SpD gives Gene an Attack boost rather than a SpA boost remove this
  • Choice Scarf is needed to outrun most mons

Usage Tips
========
  • Best used to flinch through your opponent not really, ttrying to flinch kill things you have no business killing is a last resort.
  • Avoid Pursuit trappers and faster Scarfed mons how?
  • Running with a Thunder Wave user is highly recommended to increase flinch chance

Team Options
========
  • Klefki pairs well with Jirachi for psychological reasons: your opponent begins the match with tears already in his eyes pointless
  • Edgequake users to cover Fire and Aegislash weakness what edgequake users? GOlem is a shit switch in to Charizard and Aegislash
  • Mandibuzz for Aegislash
  • Fighting types with coverage (Keldeo) for Heatran, Greninja, and other Dark types. Keldeo isnt' a good match up to Greninja, they run extrasensory
  • Water types help with Ground and Fire weaknesses what water types
  • Electric types such as Mega Manectric help beat Skarmory and bulky Water types that Jirachi does little damage to. Beating skarmory isnt really a huge problem for any teams that carry a decently powerful special attacker. It's more about denying skarmory the ability to make good use of its free turns. Latios is one of the few hazard removers that can threaten Skarmory out to create a turn to Defog

Paraflinch
########
name: Paraflinch
move 2: Body Slam/Thunder Wave
move 4: Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch/Fire Punch
evs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========
  • Iron Head gives STAB and an annoyingly high flinch chance
  • Body Slam lets Jirachi spread Paralysis while dealing damage and being able to para Ground types, while Thunder Wave guarantees paralysis on everything else (note that T-wave shouldn't be used with AV)
  • Drain Punch allows for recovery (ideally used with AV), while U-turn lets Jirachi hit and run. Both hit Greninja for super-effective damage, though both fail to OHKO. Drain punch is uber weak, but if you must mention it, Bisharp and Heatran are the most relevant targets, not must else gives a shit
  • Zen Headbutt allows you to hit things like Mega Venusaur and Keldeo in exchange for a lowered flinch chance. Ice Punch and Fire Punch both allow it to beat some of its checks. Ice Punch kills bulky Grounds (namely, Gliscor), while Fire Punch can keep Scizor from Pursuit trapping you.

Set Details
========
  • EVs maximize bulk and Attack
  • 32 Spe EVs to outrun Jolly Tyranitar still not sure if this is worth it
  • Leftovers allows Jirachi to recover while the enemy can't move

Usage Tips
========
  • Avoid Pursuit trappers, who still ruin your day
  • Main goal is to stop your opponent from moving till their pokes die or they ragequit
  • While AV can survive hits from some Jirachi checks with this set, it should be noted that Jirachi usually fails to OHKO back.
  • Electric types have an immunity to paralysis and annoy the annoyer

Team Options
========
  • Wish passer to ease recovery, ideally a bulky Fairy type to help against Greninja
  • Mandibuzz (reasons mentioned in earlier sets)
  • Edgequake users (reasons mentioned in earlier sets)
  • Fighting types with coverage (again, mentioned in earlier sets)
  • Water types (earlier sets)
  • Electric types help get through some Water type walls
  • Electric types are the biggest stops to this set, but you dont relaly mention much to deal with them. The most popular poke in the meta, rotom-w shits all over this set, ways to deal with it are important

Other Options
########
  • Air Balloon
  • Assault Vest can also be used to tank crazy hits, like Aegislash's Shadow Ball and Greninja's Dark Pulse, however Leftovers tends to be better
  • Calm Mind (very stiff competition, especially from its cousin, Manaphy) Manaphy has much differenet typing and coverage options, I think cm kinda blows but, explain why
  • Choice Band (subpar power in this Generation)
  • Expert Belt (subpar power in this Generation)
  • Lead (outclassed)
  • Rain Special attacking sets (also outclassed)

Checks & Counters
########
  • Heatran
  • Aegislash
  • Bisharp
  • Mega Mawile
  • Mega Blastoise
  • Excadrill
  • Greninja
  • Sableye
  • Landorus-T
  • Skarmory
  • Fire Punch Mega Medicham HJK does more lol, but it speed ties offensive variants and risks gets paralyzed, wouldnt mention this
  • Gliscor, Garchomp, Scizor, Dragonite, Gengar, and Mamoswine check/counter some sets
  • Fire types (Talonflame, Charizard, Volcarona...)
  • Bulky Waters (Gyarados, Slowbro, Gastrodon...)
  • List more electric types they dont give a shit about paralysis and iron head
  • Mention in checks and counters that jirachi can run shit to beat them, like thunderbolt for skarm
Just work on beefing up your points so that there's useful information in them

The best way to improve this analysis is to play with jirachi more, and notice what its good against and what is good against it, then figuring out what teammates it excels with and taling about that in the analysis

Ok, despite knock off and earthquake being SUPER common in the meta, I was mulling over the threatlist and physically defensive jirachi actually gets a decent match up against a number of pokes, competitive with a specially defensive spread. I take back what I said about physically defensive jirachi not worth mentioning.

As far as physically defensive goes, you get a pretty decent match up against Pinsir, as +2 EQ fails to OHKO and thunder wave + iron head will cripple or beat it with luck. Banded Knock Off from Azumarill does way too much, but Physically defensive Rachi takes Waterfalls pretty decently and responds with paralysis and Iron Heads. Terrakion's CB Close Combat 2HKOs, however against less powerful variants phys def rachi actually has a decent match up. Tornadus' move of choice to hit Jirachi is now Knock Off, and Physically defensive takes this hit much better, naturally. Staraptor is notable, to be honest, you wall it well as a physically defensive set, though a 252 HP spread still has a pretty good match up against Staraptor. Dragonite's +1 EQ fails to do all that much to physically defensive Jirachi, though the danger of so many carrying Lum Berry means you cant switch in and do anything meaningful to standard DD Dnite, so thats a poor match up. Gyarados is an interesting case as Taunt or Sub ruins Jirachi's chance of hurting it, however DD + 3 attacks fails to OHKO with EQ and gets paralyzed, making phys def Jirachi a decent soft check to it. Mega Aerodactyl fails to 2HKO phys def Jirachi and loses to T-wave + Iron head proving how bad it really is. Medicham destroys with HJK on switch in, but against Sdef it has a chance to OHKO after stealth rocks, so at least phys def checks! Offensive scolipede also misses the 2HKO with EQ, and gets PAra'd. Latios is running eq more and more recently, you tank EQ like nohthing with phys def and still take draco meteors pretty well. THere are some things phys def lets you beat I guess

On the other hand specially defensive lets you handle Kyurem-B, Clefable, Espeon, Alakazam, Latias, and Latios way better. With Zen Headbutt you get a good match up against Keldeo, and Manaphy, though they both dont care for paralysis to beigin with, and Iron Head is necessary for other stuff. Thanks to increased special bulk you can act as a soft check for Greninja letting you tank a dark pulse comfortably and paralyze it making it uselss.

In general I'd say that specially defensive rachi is a better spread as it lets you more cleanly beat the pokemon you beat, like Clef and Latias while the physically defensive spread just makes you an only decent check to a number of physically offensive pokes. Despite this, phys def is something worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I said I would make a post trying to critique this skeleton so here we go, i'll be making comments in bold

Just work on beefing up your points so that there's useful information in them

The best way to improve this analysis is to play with jirachi more, and notice what its good against and what is good against it, then figuring out what teammates it excels with and taling about that in the analysis

Ok, despite knock off and earthquake being SUPER common in the meta, I was mulling over the threatlist and physically defensive jirachi actually gets a decent match up against a number of pokes, competitive with a specially defensive spread. I take back what I said about physically defensive jirachi not worth mentioning.

As far as physically defensive goes, you get a pretty decent match up against Pinsir, as +2 EQ fails to OHKO and thunder wave + iron head will cripple or beat it with luck. Banded Knock Off from Azumarill does way too much, but Physically defensive Rachi takes Waterfalls pretty decently and responds with paralysis and Iron Heads. Terrakion's CB Close Combat 2HKOs, however against less powerful variants phys def rachi actually has a decent match up. Tornadus' move of choice to hit Jirachi is now Knock Off, and Physically defensive takes this hit much better, naturally. Staraptor is notable, to be honest, you wall it well as a physically defensive set, though a 252 HP spread still has a pretty good match up against Staraptor. Dragonite's +1 EQ fails to do all that much to physically defensive Jirachi, though the danger of so many carrying Lum Berry means you cant switch in and do anything meaningful to standard DD Dnite, so thats a poor match up. Gyarados is an interesting case as Taunt or Sub ruins Jirachi's chance of hurting it, however DD + 3 attacks fails to OHKO with EQ and gets paralyzed, making phys def Jirachi a decent soft check to it. Mega Aerodactyl fails to 2HKO phys def Jirachi and loses to T-wave + Iron head proving how bad it really is. Medicham destroys with HJK on switch in, but against Sdef it has a chance to OHKO after stealth rocks, so at least phys def checks! Offensive scolipede also misses the 2HKO with EQ, and gets PAra'd. Latios is running eq more and more recently, you tank EQ like nohthing with phys def and still take draco meteors pretty well. THere are some things phys def lets you beat I guess

On the other hand specially defensive lets you handle Kyurem-B, Clefable, Espeon, Alakazam, Latias, and Latios way better. With Zen Headbutt you get a good match up against Keldeo, and Manaphy, though they both dont care for paralysis to beigin with, and Iron Head is necessary for other stuff. Thanks to increased special bulk you can act as a soft check for Greninja letting you tank a dark pulse comfortably and paralyze it making it uselss.

In general I'd say that specially defensive rachi is a better spread as it lets you more cleanly beat the pokemon you beat, like Clef and Latias while the physically defensive spread just makes you an only decent check to a number of physically offensive pokes. Despite this, phys def is something worth mentioning.
All of your suggestions were put in to the analysis. It should look presentable enough now, though more review is, of course, always helpful. darkie

I'd just like to note that the OP wrote up the skeleton because he misunderstood the intention of Magnemite, who said to write the skeleton in complete sentences. This does not mean writing it up completely, it means turning points such as this:
  • Good Speed
Into:
  • Jirachi has a good Speed stat, which puts it ahead of the likes of Hydreigon and Haxorus
These are obviously just examples to get my point across, but now you understand.

Ash Borer

to me jirachi is on the cusp of being rejected

Let's look at the threat list and what the scarf rachi is capable of doing against it

S Rank:

LOL
Iron head does nothing, Zen Headbutt hurts but youre relying on a 40% flinch chance to beat it 1v1. Makes trick a liability. Charizard can switch into IRon Head and win reliably even. Jirachi surely is beyond shaky as a check to this pokemon.
Uses literally every single move scarf has as set up bait unless some ungodly luck occcurs. ALso burns with WIll-O-Wisp sometimes.
Only in danger of being flinched to death while EQ OHKOs in return
Resists iron head, takes a fair bit of damage from zen headbutt and ice punch but it will paralyze you to avoid flinches making you useless. Jirachi has a bad match up here.

A+ Rank:
Carries knock off commonly, while waterfall does a shitload in itself. Iron Head does neutral damage. Jirachi has an only decent matchup here.
Bisharp obliterates scarf rachi without even trying
Iron head flicnhing hazards leads is cool but lol red card
Underspeeds, and gets hit with knock off from LO set or underspeeds hazard lead which is useless
Chomp avoids an OHKO from ice punch (wow thats weak), has rough skin to punish iron head spam, and OHKOs with EQ. Scarf chomp outspeeds.
Turns rachi into set up bait unless it spams uturn, makes trick a liability
LOL
Jirachi can check here
Rachi switches into this thing pretty decently and shits on it
IRon Head turns a 1v1 situation into a lopsided cointoss. a 40/60 match up
Intimidate renders Iron Head unable to have a good chance of beating this guy
Zen Headbutt is too weak to semi reliably flinch Manaphy to death. Loss for Rachi.
Destroys rachi with Sucker and makes trick a liability!
Turns rachi into absolute set up bait, and destroys it with Knock OFf unless Fire Punch ois used, which is basically a waste of a moveslot
Jirachi shouldnt be winning this, IRon Head is resisted, T-flame can have will o wisp, and Flare Blitz will OHKO
Another 40/60 as to who will win if Rachi is checking +1 Ttar (it will be)
Rachi wins this, well done rachi
A Rank:

Rachi wins this
Excadrill wins for obvious reasons
Greninja resists Dual STAB but is frail as hell and protean can even make it weak to iron head. This being said, Jirachi is a poor switch in and isnt even guaranteed to win
Not winning this without insane luck
Rachi wins here
Clear Loss
Clear Loss
Clear Loss
Cant switch into Crunch or EQ very well, and can even lose with bad luck
A- Rank
Clear Win for Rachi, Trick helps here too. Thunder WAve is a bitch, though
Zen Headbutt doesnt OHKO and Knock Off + Mach Punch rly hurts.
Multiscale gives Dnite a few chances to break through Iron Head and OHKO with +1 EQ, Ice Punch fails to do real damage
Cant switch in at all without catching a Shadow Ball or Will-O-Wisp
Zen Headbutt only wins with godlike luck
Iron Head should win here
Skarm aint budging to flinch spam, Trick can screw it though
Clear Win for Rachi

Jirachi in general has a poor match up to A-rank pokemon, having a few clean wins, and forcing some Iron Head coin tosses, but also being set up bait for a number of Pokemon, and being easily walled
B+ Rank

Cant touch Ferro at all outside Trick
Clean Win for Rachi
Flinching doesnt help when you do literally zero damage
Forces another Iron Head lopsided COinfli
Zen Headbutt is weak and has a poor flinch chance, while rain boosted scalds really arent fun. JIrachi cant do much here an doesnt stop politoed from doing its job
Pressure will stall you out of PP before you kill cune, however tricking a scarf to Crocune is one of the better ways to diffuse it
Clean Win for Rachi
Zen Headbutt aint beating this thing
B Rank
Can Switch into Trick, Laughs at IRon Head, Dark Pulse does a ton
Forces a coinflip with Iron Head
Jirachi doesnt stop Heracross from doing its job at all, no offensive team struggles to check this guy, but Jirachi can if it has to.
Manectric was built to beat Jirachi, Zen headbutt can Flinch through it I guess
Burns with WoW, tanks hits, recovers
Zen Headbutt wins here
Hard Walls Jirachi, though trick and u-turn are useful here
Jirachi should be winning this match up, but switching into Knock Off blows
Doesnt give a shit about any of JIrachi's moves
Uses ZHB / Iron Head as set up bait, and punishes uturn with FLame Body

Jirachi can switch into and beat a decent number of relevant Pokemon. Chansey, Venusaur, Clefable, LAtias, LAtios, Gardevoir, Breloom, Staraptor, Togekiss, and Alakazam are all pretty good match ups. Further still, it is capable of checking a few threats such as Scolipede, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Terrakion and Gengar. Past that it is capable of checking a number of threats with a bit of luck or prior damage such Heracross, Diggersby, Mamoswine, Conkeldurr, Mega Tyranitar and Landorus.

The main issue I see with scarf Jirachi is that it's not a terrible set, it is capable of beating a fair number of pokemon ill admit, it does have some cute utilities. But, it fails to be a good scarf user for a number of reasons.

1) It gets ravaged by the S-rank. Every single one of them laughs at Jirachi other than Pinsir who creates a coin flip situation

2) It doesnt check any "big threats". Mawile, Scizor, Mega Gyarados, Charizard, the pokemon that are sweeping teams all fucking laugh at Scarf Rachi. PArt of the purpose of a scarf user is to check important threats but Jirachi doesnt do that. It beats LAtios, which is fine, but LAtios is more of a utility / glue poke, not a centerpiece of a team's firepower. IT doesnt even have a niche there as plenty of other pokemon do the same.

3) It's really shaky against a lot of pokes. You have a 60% chance to beat Tyranitar or you catch a Crunch to the face. 60% is not bad, but its like fucking Hypnosis' accuracy. Garbage. This is not a way to patch up a mega Tyranitar weakness at all.

4) It's actually set up bait for a lot of big threats. Gyarados, Mawile, Scizor, VOlcarona. They set up on Jirachi. THat's just bad teambuilding to bring something in that makes holes like that.

So, basically form what I can conclude unless your team is really weak to the few Pokemon its still good against, and you REALLY want Healing Wish / Choice Trick utilities its not a good set. Can anyone really justify using this pokemon to me? Is it just for the fact that it can beat the couple things it does?

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
to me jirachi is on the cusp of being rejected

Let's look at the threat list and what the scarf rachi is capable of doing against it

S Rank:

LOL
Iron head does nothing, Zen Headbutt hurts but youre relying on a 40% flinch chance to beat it 1v1. Makes trick a liability. Charizard can switch into IRon Head and win reliably even. Jirachi surely is beyond shaky as a check to this pokemon.
Uses literally every single move scarf has as set up bait unless some ungodly luck occcurs. ALso burns with WIll-O-Wisp sometimes.
Only in danger of being flinched to death while EQ OHKOs in return
Resists iron head, takes a fair bit of damage from zen headbutt and ice punch but it will paralyze you to avoid flinches making you useless. Jirachi has a bad match up here.

A+ Rank:
Carries knock off commonly, while waterfall does a shitload in itself. Iron Head does neutral damage. Jirachi has an only decent matchup here.
Bisharp obliterates scarf rachi without even trying
Iron head flicnhing hazards leads is cool but lol red card
Underspeeds, and gets hit with knock off from LO set or underspeeds hazard lead which is useless
Chomp avoids an OHKO from ice punch (wow thats weak), has rough skin to punish iron head spam, and OHKOs with EQ. Scarf chomp outspeeds.
Turns rachi into set up bait unless it spams uturn, makes trick a liability
LOL
Jirachi can check here
Rachi switches into this thing pretty decently and shits on it
IRon Head turns a 1v1 situation into a lopsided cointoss. a 40/60 match up
Intimidate renders Iron Head unable to have a good chance of beating this guy
Zen Headbutt is too weak to semi reliably flinch Manaphy to death. Loss for Rachi.
Destroys rachi with Sucker and makes trick a liability!
Turns rachi into absolute set up bait, and destroys it with Knock OFf unless Fire Punch ois used, which is basically a waste of a moveslot
Jirachi shouldnt be winning this, IRon Head is resisted, T-flame can have will o wisp, and Flare Blitz will OHKO
Another 40/60 as to who will win if Rachi is checking +1 Ttar (it will be)
Rachi wins this, well done rachi
A Rank:

Rachi wins this
Excadrill wins for obvious reasons
Greninja resists Dual STAB but is frail as hell and protean can even make it weak to iron head. This being said, Jirachi is a poor switch in and isnt even guaranteed to win
Not winning this without insane luck
Rachi wins here
Clear Loss
Clear Loss
Clear Loss
Cant switch into Crunch or EQ very well, and can even lose with bad luck
A- Rank
Clear Win for Rachi, Trick helps here too. Thunder WAve is a bitch, though
Zen Headbutt doesnt OHKO and Knock Off + Mach Punch rly hurts.
Multiscale gives Dnite a few chances to break through Iron Head and OHKO with +1 EQ, Ice Punch fails to do real damage
Cant switch in at all without catching a Shadow Ball or Will-O-Wisp
Zen Headbutt only wins with godlike luck
Iron Head should win here
Skarm aint budging to flinch spam, Trick can screw it though
Clear Win for Rachi

Jirachi in general has a poor match up to A-rank pokemon, having a few clean wins, and forcing some Iron Head coin tosses, but also being set up bait for a number of Pokemon, and being easily walled
B+ Rank

Cant touch Ferro at all outside Trick
Clean Win for Rachi
Flinching doesnt help when you do literally zero damage
Forces another Iron Head lopsided COinfli
Zen Headbutt is weak and has a poor flinch chance, while rain boosted scalds really arent fun. JIrachi cant do much here an doesnt stop politoed from doing its job
Pressure will stall you out of PP before you kill cune, however tricking a scarf to Crocune is one of the better ways to diffuse it
Clean Win for Rachi
Zen Headbutt aint beating this thing
B Rank
Can Switch into Trick, Laughs at IRon Head, Dark Pulse does a ton
Forces a coinflip with Iron Head
Jirachi doesnt stop Heracross from doing its job at all, no offensive team struggles to check this guy, but Jirachi can if it has to.
Manectric was built to beat Jirachi, Zen headbutt can Flinch through it I guess
Burns with WoW, tanks hits, recovers
Zen Headbutt wins here
Hard Walls Jirachi, though trick and u-turn are useful here
Jirachi should be winning this match up, but switching into Knock Off blows
Doesnt give a shit about any of JIrachi's moves
Uses ZHB / Iron Head as set up bait, and punishes uturn with FLame Body

Jirachi can switch into and beat a decent number of relevant Pokemon. Chansey, Venusaur, Clefable, LAtias, LAtios, Gardevoir, Breloom, Staraptor, Togekiss, and Alakazam are all pretty good match ups. Further still, it is capable of checking a few threats such as Scolipede, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Terrakion and Gengar. Past that it is capable of checking a number of threats with a bit of luck or prior damage such Heracross, Diggersby, Mamoswine, Conkeldurr, Mega Tyranitar and Landorus.

The main issue I see with scarf Jirachi is that it's not a terrible set, it is capable of beating a fair number of pokemon ill admit, it does have some cute utilities. But, it fails to be a good scarf user for a number of reasons.

1) It gets ravaged by the S-rank. Every single one of them laughs at Jirachi other than Pinsir who creates a coin flip situation

2) It doesnt check any "big threats". Mawile, Scizor, Mega Gyarados, Charizard, the pokemon that are sweeping teams all fucking laugh at Scarf Rachi. PArt of the purpose of a scarf user is to check important threats but Jirachi doesnt do that. It beats LAtios, which is fine, but LAtios is more of a utility / glue poke, not a centerpiece of a team's firepower. IT doesnt even have a niche there as plenty of other pokemon do the same.

3) It's really shaky against a lot of pokes. You have a 60% chance to beat Tyranitar or you catch a Crunch to the face. 60% is not bad, but its like fucking Hypnosis' accuracy. Garbage. This is not a way to patch up a mega Tyranitar weakness at all.

4) It's actually set up bait for a lot of big threats. Gyarados, Mawile, Scizor, VOlcarona. They set up on Jirachi. THat's just bad teambuilding to bring something in that makes holes like that.

So, basically form what I can conclude unless your team is really weak to the few Pokemon its still good against, and you REALLY want Healing Wish / Choice Trick utilities its not a good set. Can anyone really justify using this pokemon to me? Is it just for the fact that it can beat the couple things it does?
The main appeal of the ScarfRachi set is RNG rape. I do see what you're saying, though, in that Iron Head's just too weak with too poor of offensive typing to really be of use in a bulky meta. I'll shift it down to Other Options. TRC., yeah I misunderstood what he meant =/. I'll put this back in to bullet point format this afternoon.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ill be brave and take the stand.

If the only set we are accepting (fsr) is Scarf, I am simply going to reject Jirachi. Scarf Jirachi is fucking deplorable this generation:

- It often relies on flinching for some of its revenge kills.
- Steel losing its Dark resist makes Jirachi extremely vulnerable to Pursuit - one wrong attack locked on and Jirachi is toast.

Defensive I -kind- of get because Jirachi having access to recovery is nice and paralysis is still very useful. It can check threats like Azumarill when going defensive or Latias on the opposite spectrum.

I dont know. Honestly I think ScarfRachi just blows. It only has one perk of resisting some of the priority attacks that are common, but it has weak base power attacks to revenge kill with (unless it goes special...).

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
but

muh flinchhaxing

agreeing with spirit and discussion on irc yielded that rachi is shit in the current meta, and its most effective set, scarf rachi, is still not good enough to warrant an analysis.

qc rejected 2/3

I'm rejecting this too. I agree with everything said. Jirachi just can't wall, revenge kill, spread paralysis, or flinch its way to victory anymore.

Can you believe how a Pokemon that was argued back and forth to be S-rank in Gen 5 (I think it did end up being S-rank?) is now so bad to the extent that it can't even get an analysis for the current metagame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)