2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney?
Sturridge was too deep, Johnson kept smashing shins with his crosses....
was better when Lallana and Shaw came on... Moyes... BUY THESE...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Jesus Chile pressing was insane.
They pressed germany when they tried to pass it out then even when germany managed to pass it out everyone of Chile's players were back defending.
Thank god Germany doesn't have to face them in the group or even in the next round. Gl Spain/Holland.
Welp, Australia are gonna go 0-3 in their wcop pool and concede 4+ goals a game. Fucking group of death

Welp, Australia are gonna go 0-3 in their wcop pool and concede 4+ goals a game. Fucking group of death
Well we fucking lost to Ecuador so I don't give a fuck about Australia anymore. We were up 3-0 at half time and managed to lose. Only the socceroos could do it...

Portugal, on the other hand, won very convincingly, and Belguim drew with Ivory Coast. I'm still liking Belgium's chances in the world cup tho (with that easy group even Australia could win in)

Wilshere out for 6 weeks after tackle by Daniel Agger. Good job agent Agger.

and you can always count on Woy to aggravate the injury by playing him on for almost the whole match.

It's funny cos the England scans found nothing lol... Also I'm fed up with unbelievably shit managers. Like Roy Hodgson. Why pick Smalling. Why keep picking a player who hasn't played for his club for about 3 years. They should be there on merit, he so clearly has favourites it's unbelievable! I hope to god and buddha that Townsend does not make the squad. That would be a catastrophic waste of an expensive plane ticket.

so the glass man is broken again, surprised he played on after that though, no pain?

I was wondering why we had that backline, and TBH no one else really came to mind to be there instead.

Van Persie to Chelsea rumours

I'd take him with my arms open
Man U without RVP will be even more shit than they were this season. Imagine. :)
Of course Man u could sack Moyes. That'd be the first step for getting back on track. Hell Laudrup would be better than Moyes tbh. Not that I want Man U to do particularly well lol.

Very late on this but I just read that Puyol is going to leave at the end of the season.
Talk about injuries killing a career.
He might of tailed of recently due to injuries but he is imo the Greatest defender of the last 10 or so years.

Well we fucking lost to Ecuador so I don't give a fuck about Australia anymore. We were up 3-0 at half time and managed to lose. Only the socceroos could do it...

Portugal, on the other hand, won very convincingly, and Belguim drew with Ivory Coast. I'm still liking Belgium's chances in the world cup tho (with that easy group even Australia could win in)
I beg to differ. Belgium's group is by no means easy. Russia have a very solid squad and they can easily pose a problem for Belgium. Korea Republic, I feel, is just as strong as Russia, if not stronger (I might be a little biased, but still). They have several European-based players that are pretty good (Son Heung-Min, Koo Ja Cheol, etc.) Algeria shouldn't be overlooked either. Yes, this group is pretty winnable for Belgium, but it's by no means easy.

I beg to differ. Belgium's group is by no means easy. Russia have a very solid squad and they can easily pose a problem for Belgium. Korea Republic, I feel, is just as strong as Russia, if not stronger (I might be a little biased, but still). They have several European-based players that are pretty good (Son Heung-Min, Koo Ja Cheol, etc.) Algeria shouldn't be overlooked either. Yes, this group is pretty winnable for Belgium, but it's by no means easy.
THIS

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
We absolutely destroyed Cameroon lol. Obviously, Eto'o's retirement didn't help. The group isn't easy but Ghana and USA are beatable. Germany will be a tough nut to crack but with CR7, anything is possible for us :) ( I'm half portueguese )

Looking forward to the London derby tonight. Shouldn't be too hard, Hazard will utterly destroy them. I really want to see Ba start; he's our best striking option imo

Last edited:
this is dire, someone get these 2 busses out of Stamford Bridge
useless comment is useless.

Should have been up by 2 goals and 1 man after the first 10 minutes but Hazard missed practically an open goal and eto was called offside when through on goal(lorris brought eto down and would have been sent of).

lol @ south korea

lebanon beat them in the WC qualifiers
Yea, we didn't really do that well in qualifiers, I'll admit. We almost didn't qualify at all and that's a little worrying. But still, we have a very solid squad and I believe we can get out of this group (Group H). :]

Very happy for the win.

By the way, after seeing Sherwood's interview, I can say that it seems he actually really cares. That is nice to see.

That was funny.

The first half was cagey due to the caution of both starting 11s but then Jose sent on oscar and then chelsea started to dominate.
Even if Vertongen didn't make that mistake I still felt that Chelsea with oscar were going to create more chances against the highline of Spurs.

fuckin lol at tottenham

how many times are they going to get humiliated in big matches. Thank god they are not in the champions league and won't be in the distant future

Edit: lol just watched the kaboul red card. not even a foul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)